Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,509 members, 7,812,569 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:32 PM

Muslims Only: What Is The Basic Message Of Islam? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Muslims Only: What Is The Basic Message Of Islam? (2663 Views)

The Basic Reason Why Nigeria Marriages Fail - Pastor Sunday Adelaja / Dear Christians, Muslims Only Pray In The Name Of God / Nigeria Doesn’t Belong To Christians And Muslims Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muslims Only: What Is The Basic Message Of Islam? by odijeks(m): 11:27pm On Apr 08, 2016
I recently made some research on the scriptures of the quaran and I found that it correlated with many parts of the Christian bible. Regardless of the great volumes of both books (quaran and the bible), I believe they both have a central/basic message for humanity. I would appreciate for a muslim who really understands the teachings of the quaran to give the primary message of the quaran in 1 or 2 simple sentences. thank you.
Re: Muslims Only: What Is The Basic Message Of Islam? by Buharism: 11:35pm On Apr 08, 2016
religion of peace
Re: Muslims Only: What Is The Basic Message Of Islam? by odijeks(m): 11:49pm On Apr 08, 2016
Buharism:
religion of peace
which means the culmination of everything the quaran teaches is to live in peace with your neighbor?
Re: Muslims Only: What Is The Basic Message Of Islam? by Buharism: 11:53pm On Apr 08, 2016
odijeks:

which means the culmination of everything the quaran teaches is to live in peace with your neighbor?
yes
Re: Muslims Only: What Is The Basic Message Of Islam? by odijeks(m): 11:59pm On Apr 08, 2016
Buharism:
yes
i'm not disputing you, but what you say has to be consistent with the scriptures of the quaran. if there are quaranic passages that support your claim please kindly quote them. thanks
Re: Muslims Only: What Is The Basic Message Of Islam? by Annunaki(m): 6:59am On Apr 09, 2016
odijeks:
I recently made some research on the scriptures of the quaran and I found that it correlated with many parts of the Christian bible. Regardless of the great volumes of both books (quaran and the bible), I believe they both have a central/basic message for humanity. I would appreciate for a muslim who really understands the teachings of the quaran to give the primary message of the quaran in 1 or 2 simple sentences. thank you.

I beg to differ, the quoran is not compatible with the bible. The seeming similarities comes from the fact that parts of the bible was plagiarised by mohammed when he was formulating his quoran so that he could gain some credibility.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslims Only: What Is The Basic Message Of Islam? by nurex01(m): 7:30am On Apr 09, 2016
A guidance to the pious.
Re: Muslims Only: What Is The Basic Message Of Islam? by odijeks(m): 1:19pm On Apr 12, 2016
Buharism:
yes
i know atheists who are quite peaceful people and even uphold moral values. are you saying according to the quaran their peaceful life is all God requires?
Re: Muslims Only: What Is The Basic Message Of Islam? by odijeks(m): 1:22pm On Apr 12, 2016
nurex01:
A guidance to the pious.
thats ambiguous sir. please be more explanatory
Re: Muslims Only: What Is The Basic Message Of Islam? by Buharism: 5:37pm On Apr 12, 2016
odijeks:

i know atheists who are quite peaceful people and even uphold moral values. are you saying according to the quaran their peaceful life is all God requires?
peacefulness and sacrifice are what Allah requires.
Re: Muslims Only: What Is The Basic Message Of Islam? by truthman2012(m): 8:44pm On Apr 12, 2016
Buharism:

A Christian in deed.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Muslims Only: What Is The Basic Message Of Islam? by olasesi(m): 9:09pm On Apr 12, 2016
Submission to the Will of God
Re: Muslims Only: What Is The Basic Message Of Islam? by Buharism: 9:21pm On Apr 12, 2016
truthman2012:

A Christian in deed.
James 4:11-12
Do not speak evil against one another, brothers. The one who speaks against a brother or judges his brother, speaks evil against the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge. There is only one lawgiver and judge, he who is able to save and to destroy. But who are you to judge your neighbor?
Re: Muslims Only: What Is The Basic Message Of Islam? by truthman2012(m): 9:43pm On Apr 12, 2016
Buharism:
Do not speak evil against one another, brothers. The one who speaks against a brother or judges his brother, speaks evil against the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge. There is only one lawgiver and judge, he who is able to save and to destroy. But who are you to judge your neighbor?

Wrong interpretation of the Scripture.

You don't speak against a brother by telling him the truth. You do no well seeing a brother in error and keep silent. The disciples of Jesus were killed for preaching the truth without compromise. If they compromised by failing to tell the truth they would have been loved by all the people. Jesus said "woe to the Pharisees and Sadducees" He was condemning their errors and not their persons. There is a difference between judging and correcting.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Muslims Only: What Is The Basic Message Of Islam? by Otobi16: 10:26pm On Apr 12, 2016
Re: Muslims Only: What Is The Basic Message Of Islam? by Amberon11: 8:45am On Apr 14, 2016
Stop hiding under the guise of Christianity. Stop being ashamed of your fellow muslims.
Buharism:
Re: Muslims Only: What Is The Basic Message Of Islam? by Annunaki(m): 8:56am On Apr 14, 2016
odijeks:

The basic message of islam is to conquer the whole world for allahh and ensure religion is only for allahh quoran 8:39. I wonder why the creator and owner of the world would still instruct his followers to conquer what he already owns for him. #FraudAlert #AllahIsAnImpostor.

2 Likes

Re: Muslims Only: What Is The Basic Message Of Islam? by Buharism: 9:21am On Apr 14, 2016
Amberon11:
Stop hiding under the guise of Christianity. Stop being ashamed of your fellow muslims.
What makes u a christian. Your religion or following the teaching of christ (Love).
Re: Muslims Only: What Is The Basic Message Of Islam? by Annunaki(m): 10:13am On Apr 14, 2016
Buharism:
What makes u a christian. Your religion or following the teaching of christ (Love).

We are fully aware on this forum that the islamic concept of kitman and al taquiya permits you the deny your faith either to protect yourself or to further the cause of islam. You can't fool anyone with these your amateur antics.
Re: Muslims Only: What Is The Basic Message Of Islam? by true2god: 10:32am On Apr 14, 2016
truthman2012:

A Christian in deed.
This is second Barack Obama, a muslim claiming christian. Why do muslims like making fool of themselves?
Re: Muslims Only: What Is The Basic Message Of Islam? by odijeks(m): 12:24pm On Apr 15, 2016
olasesi:
Submission to the Will of God
what is the will of God?
Re: Muslims Only: What Is The Basic Message Of Islam? by odijeks(m): 12:28pm On Apr 15, 2016
Buharism:
what you are saying is, even if I'm an atheist but live a peaceful and sacrificial life, Allah accepts me?
Re: Muslims Only: What Is The Basic Message Of Islam? by Amberon11: 7:31pm On Apr 15, 2016
wink
Buharism:
Re: Muslims Only: What Is The Basic Message Of Islam? by Buharism: 7:45pm On Apr 15, 2016
Amberon11:
wink
Why do we christians go against his teachings, to hate our fellow humans because of their religious affiliation.
Re: Muslims Only: What Is The Basic Message Of Islam? by Amberon11: 8:24pm On Apr 15, 2016
its called individuals differences.

mind you Christians are the most tolerant people on the planet. A look at christian nations will easily convince you.
Buharism:
Why do we christians go against his teachings, to hate our fellow humans because of their religious affiliation.
Re: Muslims Only: What Is The Basic Message Of Islam? by Buharism: 8:43pm On Apr 15, 2016
Amberon11:
its called individuals differences.

mind you Christians are the most tolerant people on the planet. A look at christian nations will easily convince you.
you are kworrect.

1 Like

Re: Muslims Only: What Is The Basic Message Of Islam? by sonofthunder: 9:42pm On Apr 15, 2016
has the op been answered?
Re: Muslims Only: What Is The Basic Message Of Islam? by NowIKnow(f): 9:51pm On Apr 15, 2016
Buharism:
religion of peace

And u claim nt to be a muslim. I read ur comments on truthman2012 thread.
Re: Muslims Only: What Is The Basic Message Of Islam? by odijeks(m): 10:49pm On Apr 15, 2016
sonofthunder:
has the op been answered?
I haven't sir. the answers given are somewhat ambiguous and have question marks allover. can you help?
Re: Muslims Only: What Is The Basic Message Of Islam? by KBEST3(m): 11:03pm On Apr 15, 2016
Islam is the way of peaceful life

1 Like

Re: Muslims Only: What Is The Basic Message Of Islam? by olasesi(m): 11:36pm On Apr 15, 2016
odijeks:

what is the will of God?

That you keep up with his rules and regulations.
Re: Muslims Only: What Is The Basic Message Of Islam? by odijeks(m): 1:09am On Apr 16, 2016
olasesi:

That you keep up with his rules and regulations.
according to the Jewish law, the bible reveals that there are about 613 laws given by God. Because of Jesus, Christians no longer live by that law tho. is there a specific number of laws laws according to your quaran that Allah expects man to keep?, is there a specific number?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Miracles At Christ Embassy Lagos Zone 5 Total Experience At TBS. / Immortality And Science. What Are Your Views Atheists And Scientists? / Jesus Christ In Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.