Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,599 members, 7,812,958 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:47 PM

NTEL: Check Out The "Fair Usage Policy" - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / NTEL: Check Out The "Fair Usage Policy" (27533 Views)

‘internet Usage Low In Bayelsa, Yobe, Ebonyi States, Others’ / Whatsapp Postpones Usage Deadline / New Whatsapp Privacy Policy - What It Really Means For Users (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NTEL: Check Out The "Fair Usage Policy" by litetias(m): 11:11am On Apr 09, 2016
didfy:

No sir ir not what they said rather it says "peak"

6. At peak periods each day, any customer who has used a total volume of 3GB will be slowed down to 512bps.
Ok. Time will tell though
Re: NTEL: Check Out The "Fair Usage Policy" by Nobody: 11:16am On Apr 09, 2016
okonja:

This is what I consumed in 4hrs 42 Mins .....Thanks to Airtel + the Unlocked Swift Modem undecided

Bro enlighten me na, how does u does it?
Re: NTEL: Check Out The "Fair Usage Policy" by tylerbraid(m): 11:19am On Apr 09, 2016
They cleary stated that its 3GB for peak periods. Peak period means 6am -11pm (because many people will also be using the internet by then). When you're done exhausting 3GB within the peak, you are limited to sending only instant messages via bbm, whatsapp etc but file downloading & browsing will be impossible until off-peak periods. And most off-peak browsing are unlimited because most people won't be using the internet by then (12am - 5/6am).
So 3GB daily for internet usage & downloading during peak period isn't more than enough

Most people are good at criticising other peoples hardwork but can Never innovate something usable for public consumption! And this are the same people that want changes in Nigeria without contributing to the change than rants & complains.

For How long? When will people appreciate the little that they can't give??

7 Likes

Re: NTEL: Check Out The "Fair Usage Policy" by TheDauraMallam: 11:22am On Apr 09, 2016
playboy19:

You see why they fail in millions? Simple comprehension is their problem. They always let their dubious preconceptions override reality. They think everyone is out to scam them. They all failed to see "peak period" in the policy statement, instead they went ahead making different assumptions. Some even forming "ITK". Seeing problems where there are none.

I personally do not see a single problem or fault in the policy statement. 3gb should be enough for any reasonable person during peak period and if you have heavy stuffs to download, do it thru the mid night, how difficult is that? But no, they all want to download "free" movies (which impoverishes their lives) at the same time and still expect the speed to be the same or not affect the service provider. To cap it up, these are the supposed educated ones, the "I am a graduate" evangelists. Sigh!

So tell us, what time are these peak periods?
Re: NTEL: Check Out The "Fair Usage Policy" by Nobody: 11:25am On Apr 09, 2016
TheDauraMallam:

So tell us, what time are these peak periods?
use your head.

2 Likes

Re: NTEL: Check Out The "Fair Usage Policy" by kajoula(m): 12:05pm On Apr 09, 2016
khalhokage:
Are you sure that's 512bps not 512kbps, because that seems extremely slow especially for a LTE-A connection, throttled or not.

512bps Is their available speed as at now which is Convert 512 Kbps to kB/s = 64 kB/s
........that's the scope and lies they are starting with grin
........anything can happen in Nigeria as nothing is in check,what a pity.
angry
Re: NTEL: Check Out The "Fair Usage Policy" by shamecurls(m): 12:10pm On Apr 09, 2016
okonja:

This is what I consumed in 4hrs 42 Mins .....Thanks to Airtel + the Unlocked Swift Modem undecided

How do you unlock a modem?
Re: NTEL: Check Out The "Fair Usage Policy" by Nobody: 12:15pm On Apr 09, 2016
3gb no reach anything na,for ghana here glo gives 3gb for approx N500 during weekends and for like 6k you can subscribe for a monthly plan which is 30gb.Naija wallahi we never ready.

1 Like

Re: NTEL: Check Out The "Fair Usage Policy" by TheDauraMallam: 12:55pm On Apr 09, 2016
bulldoza:

use your head.

You are literally too stuupid to insult.
Re: NTEL: Check Out The "Fair Usage Policy" by Nobody: 1:18pm On Apr 09, 2016
TheDauraMallam post= :
I am literally too stuupid to insult.
okay

Like father like son
Re: NTEL: Check Out The "Fair Usage Policy" by sarutobie(m): 2:15pm On Apr 09, 2016
timbros:
So far Ntel is making sense.

It's only tweakers that will complain about this restriction. And it's this tweaking that makes many people misuse their data. I don't see what one will be downloading CONSISTENTLY with 3gb and above DAILY. Do you run a cyber cafe? Well Ntel have said that their service is not for commercial use.

Afterall we buy data of 3gb and less FOR A MONTH and manage it for up to 2 weeks or more.

Allowing you to use 3gb daily translates to 90gb per month. It's very okay in my own opinion. And I'm more than sure it will be okay for everyone if there are no tweaks, if you actually pay for what you use.
Are you even remotely aware that 500 bytes per second is half the speed of 1 kilobyte? Can you open even Nairaland with a speed of 1 KB? My gawd! Which kyn ignorance be this!
Re: NTEL: Check Out The "Fair Usage Policy" by dozies1: 2:26pm On Apr 09, 2016
Boquet           Amount(N) Validity Benefits
Smart Phone Starter N1,000 3 days Unlimited data,30minutes voice calls, SMS
Standard Plan N2,400 7 days Unlimited Data,70minutes calls, SMS
Monthly plans N9,000 30 days Unlimited data, 300 minutes calls, SMS
http://www.jollyboss.com/ntel-launches-with-promises-to-deepen-broadband-in-nigeria/
Re: NTEL: Check Out The "Fair Usage Policy" by Nobody: 2:33pm On Apr 09, 2016
lantessy:

23k per month cheesy. That's above the minimum wage

grin na so
Re: NTEL: Check Out The "Fair Usage Policy" by dustmalik: 2:38pm On Apr 09, 2016
dozies1:
Boquet           Amount(N) Validity Benefits
Smart Phone Starter N1,000 3 days Unlimited data,30minutes voice calls, SMS
Standard Plan N2,400 7 days Unlimited Data,70minutes calls, SMS
Monthly plans N9,000 30 days Unlimited data, 300 minutes calls, SMS
http://www.jollyboss.com/ntel-launches-with-promises-to-deepen-broadband-in-nigeria/
How did you come about these data plans? Where did Ntel published them?
Re: NTEL: Check Out The "Fair Usage Policy" by Lagusta(m): 3:44pm On Apr 09, 2016
samted:

you don't see anything wrong?? Except there was a typo, i saw 512bps. What is a person supposed to do with that??

Loooolz, chat with your girlfriend, hahahahhahahah grin cheesy
Re: NTEL: Check Out The "Fair Usage Policy" by Craigston: 3:51pm On Apr 09, 2016
4C2215131:

Methinks they are just trying desperately hard to cash in via their pseudo-monopoly like you mentioned before other players get in the game.
These TELCOS need to be regulated even more. You just can't be satisfied using one. You'll likely use at least two for purposes one could serve. But it's the choice that's helped us escape some checkmate.
I hope they won't serve us compulsory caller-tunes service too.
Re: NTEL: Check Out The "Fair Usage Policy" by kushma(m): 4:15pm On Apr 09, 2016
okonja:

which cheat are you using?
Re: NTEL: Check Out The "Fair Usage Policy" by timbros(m): 4:51pm On Apr 09, 2016
sarutobie:

Are you even remotely aware that 500 bytes per second is half the speed of 1 kilobyte? Can you open even Nairaland with a speed of 1 KB? My gawd! Which kyn ignorance be this!

If you remotely get the sense of my post, you will understand that I am focused on the initial 3gb before NOT after the speed throttling. Whether the speed is half or a quarter of 1kb isn't my concern.

Ignorance indeed.
Re: NTEL: Check Out The "Fair Usage Policy" by adewasco2k(m): 6:09pm On Apr 09, 2016
laposta:

is your swift a mi-fi? How did you unlock it? I've been looking to unlock mine without success. all these online calculators na wash.

help a brother biko

http://huaweiunlockcalculator.com use v3 code and thank me later
Re: NTEL: Check Out The "Fair Usage Policy" by Nobody: 7:04am On Apr 10, 2016
Leopantro:

So you think everyone that everyone that browses must be at work? What about those on holiday or your home network for visitors?
If your computer uses windows 10 with its compulsory windows update, you will finish 3gig in a day. You can't shut it off
you can turn off windows update from control panel o
Re: NTEL: Check Out The "Fair Usage Policy" by Dabss(m): 9:37am On Apr 10, 2016
Leopantro:

Yes
My friends share lecture videos and textbooks via Dropbox to me. I'm into VR development and animation, constantly downloading textbooks and checking softwares. Wish I could stop that windows update. I don't use tweaks and due to my constant movement I don't use swift or other fast so called broadband ISPs.
It wouldn't work for me except there are special plans without these restrictions.
you can permanently disable updates on windows 10.
Google it.
Re: NTEL: Check Out The "Fair Usage Policy" by hitz: 5:20pm On Apr 25, 2016
Suntemi:

If your Mifi is Huawei E5372, drop the imei number, but it's one of those online calculators I used to unlock mine.

imei: 862554020298736
Model: E5372

Thanks
Re: NTEL: Check Out The "Fair Usage Policy" by ify000999: 4:41pm On Jun 24, 2016
pls help me unlock my modem

zte ac2710
ESN 11F359F5
S/N 412829411821

1 Like

Re: NTEL: Check Out The "Fair Usage Policy" by okonja(m): 8:12pm On Jul 11, 2016
hitz:

imei: 862554020298736
Model: E5372

Thanks

Your Unlock code is 72154806
Re: NTEL: Check Out The "Fair Usage Policy" by hitz: 8:28pm On Jul 11, 2016
okonja:

Your Unlock code is 72154806

Thanks okonja. But I've unlocked it somewhere else. Over a month ago.

Thanks
Re: NTEL: Check Out The "Fair Usage Policy" by okonja(m): 9:31pm On Jul 11, 2016
hitz:

Thanks okonja. But I've unlocked it somewhere else. Over a month ago.

Thanks

Okay you are welcome
Re: NTEL: Check Out The "Fair Usage Policy" by 50Hertz: 7:14pm On Aug 19, 2016
okonja:
Well, we were all happy about the speed promised, but to fellow heavy data consumer like me, hope you are aware of the FAIR USE POLICY

SOURCE:- NTEL

angry angry

Is NTEL still unlimited after the 3 months?
And has their fair usage policy affected you in any way?
Re: NTEL: Check Out The "Fair Usage Policy" by okonja(m): 1:51pm On Aug 20, 2016
50Hertz:

Is NTEL still unlimited after the 3 months?
And has their fair usage policy affected you in any way?

Still unlimited oh!, and really cruising it hard

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Check Out The Cheapest 4G Phones In Nigeria Market Presently / How To Set Up And Run Fastboot Commands Without A PC. / OPPO A78 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.