Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,742 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

I Feel Your Pains And I Will Not Disappoint You, Buhari Tells Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Feel Your Pains And I Will Not Disappoint You, Buhari Tells Nigerians (34150 Views)

What If I Told You BUHARI Is Too Ill To Come Back.... / I Share Your Pains- Buhari Tells Parents Of Chibok Girls / I Feel Your Pains And I Will Not Disappoint You, Buhari Tells Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Feel Your Pains And I Will Not Disappoint You, Buhari Tells Nigerians by Trending01: 4:54am On Apr 09, 2016
Says ‘I’ll not disappoint you’
By Emmanuel Aziken, Dapo Akinrefon, Charles Kumolu and Gbenga Oke

President Muhammadu Buhari yesterday told Nigerians that he was feeling their pains saying that mutterings about the new administration being a scam was far fetched, saying that the one-chance scammers have been driven out of town.

The president spoke at the Vanguard Personality Award ceremony in Lagos where he was jointly honoured with his predecessor, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan as Personality of the Year Award, 2015.

President Muhammadu Buhari
Buhari’s call for increased confidence in his administration came as Jonathan praised all Nigerians for contributing to the successes of the elections that characterised his time in office.

Yesterday’s award ceremony which also witnessed awards of Governor of the Year to Governors Adams Oshiomhole of Edo, Kashim Shettima of Borno, Ibikunle Amosun, Ogun and Ibrahim Damkwambo, Gombe saw a melting of the political and cultural differences that shape the country. Various cultural displays intermingled within and outside the Ekpo Hall of Eko Hotel and Suites that was the venue of the award ceremony.

Also honoured yesterday with life time achievement awards were former Vice-President Alex Ekwueme, Mrs. Nike Akande, chairman of the Lagos Chamber of Commerce and Industry, LCCI, Otunba Sobunmi Balogun and Senator David Dafinone.

Also honoured yesterday was Mr. Jim Ovia, the chairman of Zenith Bank plc as businessman of the year while Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu was honoured with the Hero of Democracy award.
Leading lights in politics and the professions were present at the ceremony yesterday among whom were Governor Ifeanyi Okowa of Delta State.

Yesterday’s award ceremony elicited measured response from the audience when the governor of Ogun State, Senator Ibikunle embraced his predecessor, Aremo Segun Osoba twice. He first embraced him just before the commencement of the ceremony and after he picked up his award.

Yesterday’s award ceremony was flagged off at 7.30 p.m with opening remarks presented by the General Manager/Editor in Chief of Vanguard Media Limited, Mr. Gbenga Adefaye who referenced the award as the epitome of recognition to men and women of excellence in the professions.

Following him the chairman of the ceremony, Oba Otudeko described the award ceremony as one of the most auspicious events of the year.

He praised the exemplary efforts of the awardees in their various endeavours.

In his speech, President Buhari who was represented by the minister of information, Alhaji Lai Mohammed said:

“Distinguished ladies and gentlemen, let me use this opportunity to tell our compatriots that this Administration is keenly aware of the difficulties they are facing at this time, resulting mostly from the fuel scarcity, poor power supply, inflation etc.

“As a government that was propelled into office by the power of the people, we cannot but feel the pains of our compatriots, and we deeply empathise with them. We are working round the clock to ease the pains of Nigerians, and the efforts of the government have started yielding fruits as we seek to make the petroleum products available nationwide, restore gas supply to the power generating firms, reflate the economy and put Nigerians back to work.

“We understand that Nigerians have started questioning whether this indeed is the CHANGE they voted for, while some have even gone as far as saying that by voting for our party, Nigerians have entered one chance.

“Well, I can tell Nigerians that our CHANGE AGENDA is real, and that indeed, they will get the change they voted for. Nigerians have not entered One Chance, because the One Chance drivers and their conductors have been driven out of town.

“While we cannot but provide context for the challenges being faced by our countrymen and women today, in the sense that it has taken years of mismanagement, corruption and inefficiency to get to this sorry pass, we make no excuses. After all the people voted for us so we can correct the mistakes of the past and enthrone good governance.

We are doing just that. But we want our compatriots to realize that 16 years of rot cannot be cleaned up overnight. It is much easier to destroy than to build. But we are determined to rebuild our country and to make life more abundant for our people.

“Change is a process, and that process has begun. We commend Nigerians for their perseverance. We urge them not to lose their confidence in the ability of this Administration to bring about the much-needed change.

The pains of today are temporary, and will soon give way to abundance joy as we put our country firmly on the path of sustainable growth and development.”

The president also lauded what he described as the salutary role of the media in the development of the country’s democracy.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/04/feel-pains-buhari-tells-nigerians-vanguard-awards/

20 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Feel Your Pains And I Will Not Disappoint You, Buhari Tells Nigerians by Akshow: 4:59am On Apr 09, 2016
Opeyemi Tomisin Ogunbadejo SAID: ~There you are, fighting, insulting, killing and destroying in their names, while their kids get robust education, jobs, gifts and properties you have ever wished for. Living your dreams on your behalf. Subject you to eternal envy. with your support..... ~There they are looting the national treasure, sharing it among themselves. They are in the competition of 'The Best At Looting'. They rape the national treasure and ejaculate the waste on you the ignorants, while you trek, make use of public transports, resort to crime for survival, e.t.c. But they sleep and wake in what belongs to you, yet, with your support...... ~They send you to kill, maim, harass, protest, assassinate, campaign, rig. You get to your rented apartment, dodge landlord enter, cause you haven't paid the rent, with several responsibilities awaiting you e.t.c, but they will never be at the battle front, yet they go to their mansions, relax in expensive jacuzzi, with wines expensive enough to start you a career, they reach for their expensive gadgets, and check their over-filled accounts, the profit they have made from your stupidity, unfortunately with your support..... ~You struggle for a job, some of you get one with peanut salaries that will be owed for months before you get paid, you scream, wail, shout, stress your vocal cord before they consider paying you. While their kids never get stressed for jobs, they have been getting paid even before they were born(ghost workers). Each one of them gets a month salary x2 your annual salary, again with your support. CBN secret/partial recruitment comes to mind. Oh! I forgot, them pikin get brain pass you! Abi no be so? ~You take sides when they throw unreal tantrums at each other. You fight your brothers and sisters on social media(oh I forgot! They are not your brothers and sisters, he is not from your tribe, he doesn't practise your religion, he is APC, ayam PDP, because they said so? issokay, kwontunu). But what comes to your mind when you see them laughing? Does the picture of those you have insulted, killed, destroyed with the words of your mouth comes to your mind? They become friends(like they really fought before) laugh at your ignorance. They have won again, no be you support am? Have you seen Obasanjo and Madam Patience recent pictures? Where dm two dey groove? When you groove last? Ok la, na fake jor. You don hear sey Aluko and Fayose don reconcile? Wait for Wike and Amaechi. They use you to achieve their wants and needs. Well done to you. ~You defend Tinubu abi, when him mama die as the Iyaloja of the whole Lagos State, your mama no get brain to lead na abi?, so he went for his daughter to become the new iyaloja (just imagine). Hmmm! Good. How many dignitaries attended your wedding? But Jonathan's Daughter received over 50 exotic cars. Na lie, na cheap propaganda. Infact na toys them give her. What a shame, on you na. ~They ruled your father, they are still ruling you, their kids are beginning to rule you as well, and maybe rule your born and unborn kids, with your support. Abi no be you dey vote for them? On election days, you risk your life and properties just to get them back to office. What have you been receiving since you've been voting? Nada. Yet you go still vote ooo. So pathetic................ -You struggle everyday, queue for fuel, enjoy interrupted electricity, but they don't feel this. While you run after public transports, Dino Melaye and his cohorts flaunts their wealth in your face, ride exotic machines. Oh! It's the lord's blessing, and na satan curse dey upon you abi? Issorite. ~they make use of religious tactics, they use our Pastors and Imams to divide us, oh I remember! They are Men of God, and you are Men of Devil? They spit from their private Jets, it lands on you while you're on your private Okada. Kwontunu. ~the problem of this country is not the few crooked pot-bellied leaders(looters), but the teeming foolish masses. Until we realize the battle is "we" against the "elites", things will never get better. Support intellectual revolution, supp

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Feel Your Pains And I Will Not Disappoint You, Buhari Tells Nigerians by chukkystar(m): 5:03am On Apr 09, 2016
Has he been in the country long enough to feel our pain?

157 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Feel Your Pains And I Will Not Disappoint You, Buhari Tells Nigerians by Fmartin(m): 5:04am On Apr 09, 2016
We hope so sir.......

1 Like

Re: I Feel Your Pains And I Will Not Disappoint You, Buhari Tells Nigerians by appini: 5:04am On Apr 09, 2016
Buhari should go say that to his cows in Duara.

112 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Feel Your Pains And I Will Not Disappoint You, Buhari Tells Nigerians by sanyaboy: 5:15am On Apr 09, 2016
Happy birthday to me
Re: I Feel Your Pains And I Will Not Disappoint You, Buhari Tells Nigerians by sanyaboy: 5:15am On Apr 09, 2016
Okay now...
Re: I Feel Your Pains And I Will Not Disappoint You, Buhari Tells Nigerians by ticker(m): 5:35am On Apr 09, 2016
rubbish

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Feel Your Pains And I Will Not Disappoint You, Buhari Tells Nigerians by ticker(m): 5:39am On Apr 09, 2016
u are feeling our pains by mouth. what have you done to ameliorate it. Oloshi olo buruku

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Feel Your Pains And I Will Not Disappoint You, Buhari Tells Nigerians by lincolnj88: 5:42am On Apr 09, 2016
Lets assume you feel our pain... But do u have solution grin

33 Likes

Re: I Feel Your Pains And I Will Not Disappoint You, Buhari Tells Nigerians by Sibrah: 5:51am On Apr 09, 2016
Buhari too has no fuel just as J* * * had no shoes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Feel Your Pains And I Will Not Disappoint You, Buhari Tells Nigerians by pendusky(m): 5:55am On Apr 09, 2016
pilarnig:
embarassed embarassed embarassed

must you show us that you are a fool... grin.

What you don't understand is that "Youth" don't need excuses... Ask that guy he was Buhari supporter, So let him be, him find solutions and stop feeling their pains

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Feel Your Pains And I Will Not Disappoint You, Buhari Tells Nigerians by mrodogu: 5:58am On Apr 09, 2016
government of fairytale,, government of futures tenses ( I will do this I will do that)

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Feel Your Pains And I Will Not Disappoint You, Buhari Tells Nigerians by Aremu01(m): 5:59am On Apr 09, 2016
Sorry to say Sir, u re already disappointing us

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Feel Your Pains And I Will Not Disappoint You, Buhari Tells Nigerians by Achuwa1(m): 6:04am On Apr 09, 2016
Pmb is a big scam,,
same way he fooled Nigerians in 1983,
same way he is fooling Nigerians now.
The only difference is tht there was idiargbon in 1983 to cover up his weaknesses but there is no idiargbon now to do tht anymire,so this has shown tht he is an ineffectual normad tht knows notn about governance

76 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Feel Your Pains And I Will Not Disappoint You, Buhari Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 6:14am On Apr 09, 2016
Sai baba! But baba you need to do more because Nigerians are suffering. Communication is key at this critical junction. I don't have any doubt about your competence and patriotism but baba you still need to do more and do it fast.

12 Likes

Re: I Feel Your Pains And I Will Not Disappoint You, Buhari Tells Nigerians by Freeworldbutfre: 7:12am On Apr 09, 2016
To lead is not easy thanks to God that we hav a Leader that feel our pains. Just 11 months of leadership we are comparing it with 6yrs on single person and 16yrs on entire group. To rebuild the old house that has no good foundation take a little bit time.
To put in place. Democracy is a process not an order. Never in Nigeria history u have a national assembly were d opposition hav such number.
And u know dey can do everything to stop d light shining and all of us are seeing it.
Lets keep praying for his good intentions towards Nigerians

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Feel Your Pains And I Will Not Disappoint You, Buhari Tells Nigerians by chernest2002: 7:12am On Apr 09, 2016
Mouth action presido, I am not disappointed because I knew you don't have any good to offer, apologise to the ones that believe in you and forget about me cause I will manage till 2019 when you will be butted out of asorock.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Feel Your Pains And I Will Not Disappoint You, Buhari Tells Nigerians by eleojo23: 7:16am On Apr 09, 2016
What we need now is action.

1 Like

Re: I Feel Your Pains And I Will Not Disappoint You, Buhari Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 7:18am On Apr 09, 2016
The same story being repeated like a broken Congo record. The fact is you can't give what u don't have in life. The 'Promiser in chief' of all the armed liers federal republic of Nigeria is becoming so familiar with his usual 'I will do' lifestyle. #WeHaveBeenScammed

13 Likes

Re: I Feel Your Pains And I Will Not Disappoint You, Buhari Tells Nigerians by otil1: 7:20am On Apr 09, 2016
Big lie! Buhari did not say that.

When?

Which other paper carried it? Even Vanguard did not carry the story.

It's only those that don't know him that will believe such. He feels too big to condescend to apologising to ordinary Nigerians -bloody civilians, when he already feels abd believes he's a messiah.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Feel Your Pains And I Will Not Disappoint You, Buhari Tells Nigerians by ajepako(f): 7:20am On Apr 09, 2016
So the old dude knows we refer to him as scam and one- chance?

I swear the daura dude dey come nairaland.... grin grin grin

12 Likes

Re: I Feel Your Pains And I Will Not Disappoint You, Buhari Tells Nigerians by deanoffaculty: 7:31am On Apr 09, 2016
grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Feel Your Pains And I Will Not Disappoint You, Buhari Tells Nigerians by ElCount: 7:36am On Apr 09, 2016
Meanwhile, somewhere around the globe in a private jet

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Feel Your Pains And I Will Not Disappoint You, Buhari Tells Nigerians by M4gunners: 7:43am On Apr 09, 2016
Scam.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Feel Your Pains And I Will Not Disappoint You, Buhari Tells Nigerians by Caseless: 7:45am On Apr 09, 2016
Baba, now you gonna make me cry. *grabs handkerchief*

Baba , I believe in you!

3 Likes

Re: I Feel Your Pains And I Will Not Disappoint You, Buhari Tells Nigerians by Caseless: 7:48am On Apr 09, 2016
ajepako:
So the old dude knows we refer to him as scam and one- chance?

I swear the daura dude dey come nairaland.... grin grin grin
the source is questionable- I don't believe he said that.

1 Like

Re: I Feel Your Pains And I Will Not Disappoint You, Buhari Tells Nigerians by Akshow: 8:15am On Apr 09, 2016
Opeyemi Tomisin Ogunbadejo SAID: ~There you are, fighting, insulting, killing and destroying in their names, while their kids get robust education, jobs, gifts and properties you have ever wished for. Living your dreams on your behalf. Subject you to eternal envy. with your support..... ~There they are looting the national treasure, sharing it among themselves. They are in the competition of 'The Best At Looting'. They rape the national treasure and ejaculate the waste on you the ignorants, while you trek, make use of public transports, resort to crime for survival, e.t.c. But they sleep and wake in what belongs to you, yet, with your support...... ~They send you to kill, maim, harass, protest, assassinate, campaign, rig. You get to your rented apartment, dodge landlord enter, cause you haven't paid the rent, with several responsibilities awaiting you e.t.c, but they will never be at the battle front, yet they go to their mansions, relax in expensive jacuzzi, with wines expensive enough to start you a career, they reach for their expensive gadgets, and check their over-filled accounts, the profit they have made from your stupidity, unfortunately with your support..... ~You struggle for a job, some of you get one with peanut salaries that will be owed for months before you get paid, you scream, wail, shout, stress your vocal cord before they consider paying you. While their kids never get stressed for jobs, they have been getting paid even before they were born(ghost workers). Each one of them gets a month salary x2 your annual salary, again with your support. CBN secret/partial recruitment comes to mind. Oh! I forgot, them pikin get brain pass you! Abi no be so? ~You take sides when they throw unreal tantrums at each other. You fight your brothers and sisters on social media(oh I forgot! They are not your brothers and sisters, he is not from your tribe, he doesn't practise your religion, he is APC, ayam PDP, because they said so? issokay, kwontunu). But what comes to your mind when you see them laughing? Does the picture of those you have insulted, killed, destroyed with the words of your mouth comes to your mind? They become friends(like they really fought before) laugh at your ignorance. They have won again, no be you support am? Have you seen Obasanjo and Madam Patience recent pictures? Where dm two dey groove? When you groove last? Ok la, na fake jor. You don hear sey Aluko and Fayose don reconcile? Wait for Wike and Amaechi. They use you to achieve their wants and needs. Well done to you. ~You defend Tinubu abi, when him mama die as the Iyaloja of the whole Lagos State, your mama no get brain to lead na abi?, so he went for his daughter to become the new iyaloja (just imagine). Hmmm! Good. How many dignitaries attended your wedding? But Jonathan's Daughter received over 50 exotic cars. Na lie, na cheap propaganda. Infact na toys them give her. What a shame, on you na. ~They ruled your father, they are still ruling you, their kids are beginning to rule you as well, and maybe rule your born and unborn kids, with your support. Abi no be you dey vote for them? On election days, you risk your life and properties just to get them back to office. What have you been receiving since you've been voting? Nada. Yet you go still vote ooo. So pathetic................ -You struggle everyday, queue for fuel, enjoy interrupted electricity, but they don't feel this. While you run after public transports, Dino Melaye and his cohorts flaunts their wealth in your face, ride exotic machines. Oh! It's the lord's blessing, and na satan curse dey upon you abi? Issorite. ~they make use of religious tactics, they use our Pastors and Imams to divide us, oh I remember! They are Men of God, and you are Men of Devil? They spit from their private Jets, it lands on you while you're on your private Okada. Kwontunu. ~the problem of this country is not the few crooked pot-bellied leaders(looters), but the teeming foolish masses. Until we realize the battle is "we" against the "elites", things will never get better. Support intellectual revolution, supp

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Feel Your Pains And I Will Not Disappoint You, Buhari Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 8:43am On Apr 09, 2016
Trending01:
President Muhammadu Buhari yesterday told Nigerians that he was feeling their pains saying that mutterings about the new administration being a scam was far fetched, saying that the one-chance scammers have been driven out of town.

The president spoke at the Vanguard Personality Award ceremony in Lagos where he was jointly honoured with his predecessor, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan as Personality of the Year Award, 2015.

In his speech, President Buhari ......

MORE: http://theicon.ng/2016/04/09/i-feel-your-pains-buhari-tells-nigerians/

Oga, I think you may have to start by cautioning your kinsmen who go about killing people and destroying property. Your silence is deafening. You should also change your finance minister or get a seasoned economist to work with her. Sir, appoint petroleum minister and take away two ministries from Fashola.
Can you also look into the allegations of corruption on some of your ministers?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Feel Your Pains And I Will Not Disappoint You, Buhari Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 8:46am On Apr 09, 2016
You feel the pains of Nigerians by secretly recruiting your consanguine relations and affiliates in CBN and eliciting Nigerians to opt for pejorative police force?

Sorry, I am not a gullible Zombie that will easily accede to your indoctrinations.

18 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bello Shagari Kicks As Middle Beltans Dissociate Themselves From "North" / NASS Leadership: Deal That Fetched Akpabio Tinubu’s Endorsement / Cameroon Bombs Boko Haram Camp Killing “many” Fighters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.