Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,317 members, 7,867,847 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 04:46 AM

6 Ways To Cope With The Present Fuel Scarcity. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 6 Ways To Cope With The Present Fuel Scarcity. (365 Views)

Misconception or Fact?: Present Fuel Scarcity Is Targeted At Christians / Photos Of The Present State Of Enugu-Onitsha Expressway / Fuel Scarcity Set To Hit Nigeria Again.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

6 Ways To Cope With The Present Fuel Scarcity. by Nobody: 7:10am On Apr 09, 2016
I wonder how some people allow the prevailing fuel scarcity to hold them to ransom. Some people actually allow the situation to unduly affect them.
In essence, we can cope better with this situation by taking the following measures:
1. Accept that the times are hard, and you may not enjoy all the luxuries you're used to.
2. Accept that the present situation is temporary, and it will soon pass away ( just like the structural adjustment program, SAP, then; IMF loan; fuel subsidy removal crisis; etc). They were phases, and they passed away.
3. Cut down on some things. If you have 2 or 3 cars, park them , keep just one on the road, if possible. And if not park all and join public transport. Drop your ego, at least, for the moment. How would one be on queue for 2 or 3 days, all because one wants to enjoy the luxury of one's car? I don't see any sense in that.
4. Make up your mind to pay extra money for fuel, if you must keep your cars and generator running. Buy black market. It's just for awhile. Some people stay for days in filling stations, complaining bitterly on television screen everyday, just because they want to buy fuel at the normal price of #87.50. What a waste of man hour? The times are hard, adjust to the reality.
5. Be positive about the situation of the country. Don't put Nigeria matter on your head, as if you're the only one going through the crisis. We are in it together. And we will survive it. Keep those hate comments against the government. Pray for our leaders. Pray for Nigeria.
I have seen more patients with hypertension during this crisis, than I have seen in the past 4 months. Some people put this matter on their heads as if we are not in this naija together.
6. Cut down some excesses.
This is my advice.

(1) (Reply)

#PowerwithPurpose 2016 / Army/shiite Clashes: El-zakzaky Drags Army, COAS, DSS, Others To Court / Jonathan Lacked The Political Will To Save Nigeria's Resources - Okonjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.