Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,078 members, 7,953,294 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:41 PM

Live And Work In Austria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Live And Work In Austria (7351 Views)

Nigerian Man Dies While In Custody Of Austria Police (Photo) / How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? / Working Legally In Austria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Live And Work In Austria by EzeEgo: 7:59am On Aug 01, 2009
Hi,
I want to live and work in austria. Can anyone provide with how to make this a reality? I am thinking of going there to study german first. can someone help me out with this? is it a good idea? what is the best way to live and work in austria? thanks
Re: Live And Work In Austria by Yuno: 9:30am On Aug 01, 2009
I lived in Austria for a short while and in Germany for many years but always legally. My question for you is why if you cant speak German would you want to live there - not very realistic i must say.
Austria has one of the toughest immigration policies in the world and there is a lot of prejudice against blacks, especially Africans. I think I was treated ok mostly because I have an english first and last name and an American passport (mom from Naija, dad black American). You're best bet to enter is an a student but if that isnt an option (without german skills you probably can not as there is a required test of German for all university applicants) then dont because without German skils and valid papers life as black man in Austria will be very stressful for you, very stressful ,
Re: Live And Work In Austria by mamushka88(m): 9:23am On Aug 29, 2012
Hey,what do you think will be the best thing to do? Can I apply for a student visa then when I get there I would look for a job to do.what do u think I should do?
Re: Live And Work In Austria by ghettodreamz(m): 11:15am On Aug 29, 2012
@EzeEgo & mamushka88;

Seems we are all in the same boat,I'm planning moving there to study for my Bsc degree program meanwhile,I would like to know how far have you guys gone with the travel processing? I mean,have you contacted any school yet? Do you have any solid contact there at the moment?

@Yuno;

Since you claimed to have once lived in Austria before, were you there on a study visa? How receptive are the Austrians? What's the monthly cost of living for an average Naija student who cook and live a simple life like over there? Information from you as regarding visa and residence permit processing would be gladly appreciated by all, thanks in anticipation of your detailed information..
Re: Live And Work In Austria by timmy1999(m): 12:47pm On Aug 29, 2012
ghettodreamz: @EzeEgo & mamushka88;

Seems we are all in the same boat,I'm planning moving there to study for my Bsc degree program meanwhile,I would like to know how far have you guys gone with the travel processing? I mean,have you contacted any school yet? Do you have any solid contact there at the moment?

@Yuno;

Since you claimed to have once lived in Austria before, were you there on a study visa? How receptive are the Austrians? What's the monthly cost of living for an average Naija student who cook and live a simple life like over there? Information from you as regarding visa and residence permit processing would be gladly appreciated by all, thanks in anticipation of your detailed information..
Guy,,I hope u literate enough to know this guys haven't been on nairaland since 09...so u will wait till eternity for their response...its better u start up a thread on it so pple can advise u and contribute...shalla

1 Like

Re: Live And Work In Austria by ghettodreamz(m): 6:55pm On Aug 29, 2012
I guess that much and I have opened a new thread @ ---->>> https://www.nairaland.com/1032453/nigerian-studying-austria

Thanks, anyway!

(1) (Reply)

Kitchen In Toilet, Shocking Photos Of 'Coffin Homes' In Hong Kong. / Dana Air Bags Airline Of The Year 2017, Wins Crew King And Queen Of Air Contest / Every Things About South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.