Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,785 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? (55391 Views)

How Is Student Live In Malta? / Any Info About Student Life In Ukraine? / Working Legally In Austria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? by bolshoiboo: 11:30pm On Jun 27, 2011
Hi,
last year I started processing my way to schooling abroad through one of my mum's friend who advised us to choose Austria because their tuition is cheap, equivalent to approximately 200k in naira. So we started the process.
To cut the story short I have been able to secure an admission into one of the universities and last wk I was called from the embassy for my visa.
My problem now is the fear of the unknown.
I want to know how convenient life is in Austria especially for a student.
Are there jobs (like in other countries) for students who'll like 2 work alongside schooling?
How is life generally in Austria?
Please I'll like you all to contribute to this thread especially those currently living in Austria.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? by Lucy001(f): 8:08am On Jun 28, 2011
Austria is a very gud country, wen it comes to schoöling dër it's enjoyable, like u hv said low tution, and even tranportation is cheap around wien, and u can be allowed to work as a student 4 like 25 hours a week, what city/university did u get admitted?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? by justhustle: 12:23pm On Jun 28, 2011
@bolshoiboo

just wondering,did you have your documents legalised at the austrian embassy.

how long and how much did it cost you.
would really love to chat with you cos i am in the middle of the process as well.
princewill199@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? by bolshoiboo: 6:48pm On Jun 28, 2011
Lucy001:

Austria is a very gud country, wen it comes to schoöling dër it's enjoyable, like u hv said low tution, and even tranportation is cheap around wien, and u can be allowed to work as a student 4 like 25 hours a week, what city/university did u get admitted?
thanks my sch Johannes Kepler university is in Linz nt Wien. How about dt?

1 Like

Re: How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? by bolshoiboo: 6:55pm On Jun 28, 2011
justhustle:

@bolshoiboo

just wondering,did you have your documents legalised at the austrian embassy.

how long and how much did it cost you.
would really love to chat with you cos i am in the middle of the process as well.
princewill199@yahoo.com
i started d whole thng precisely last yr May.
From authentication in fed ministry of edu, foreign affairs to legalisatn in the embassy.
I've spent nofin less than 200k in d embassy alone for lawyer fee 120k and other stuffs
Re: How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? by justhustle: 10:43pm On Jun 28, 2011
@bolshoiboo

i have done the ministry of education and foreign affairs legalisation,just the embassy one left.

how long did it take the embassy to do the legalisation?
Re: How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? by bolshoiboo: 10:51pm On Jun 28, 2011
justhustle:

@bolshoiboo

i have done the ministry of education and foreign affairs legalisation,just the embassy one left.

how long did it take the embassy to do the legalisation?
hmm i think a month or thereabout
Re: How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? by justhustle: 12:06am On Jun 29, 2011
can you give some details about the whole process of applying for the visa and the legalisation process.
cost,process.duration etc

princewill199@yahoo.com
Re: How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? by justhustle: 12:07am On Jun 29, 2011
can you give some details about the whole process of applying for the visa and the legalisation process.
cost,process.duration etc

princewill199@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? by micarson: 3:14pm On Jun 30, 2011
pls i need guideline on how to apply for master studies in austria country, pls sent me the full details through this mail mikkioko@yahoo.co.uk
Re: How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? by kennybuda: 8:31am On Jul 02, 2011
its nice in austria, but make sure say u no join nigerian street boys for advice i know alot of student that left school for street runs ooo cheers

3 Likes

Re: How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? by bolshoiboo: 4:38pm On Jul 03, 2011
kennybuda:

its nice in austria, but make sure say u no join nigerian street boys for advice i know alot of student that left school for street runs ooo cheers

ok, thanks a bunch for the advice,
what part of austria are you actually talking about
Re: How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? by kennybuda: 7:07pm On Jul 03, 2011
vienna , graz, and salzburg u can find job easy in linz as i know cheers
Re: How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? by bolshoiboo: 11:42pm On Jul 03, 2011
kennybuda:

vienna , graz, and salzburg u can find job easy in linz as i know cheers

pls i don't understand your last statement can you reconstruct it?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? by olasdot: 6:13pm On Jul 04, 2011
Hello All,

Can anyone help me with details on schools in Austria that their tuition fees are not that expensive. i want to go there for my masters programme.

I will be very happy if you can also help me with the details on how to go about it. Thanks
Re: How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? by Lucy001(f): 1:32pm On Jul 05, 2011
Just log ön tö fìnd a school dot örg or braintrack dot com u wil fìnd a list of schools in Austria.
Re: How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? by Lucy001(f): 3:34pm On Jul 05, 2011
Akademie der bildenden Künste Wien -- Academy of Fine Arts - Vienna

Alpen-Adria-Universität Klagenfurt -- Alps-Adriatic University of Klagenfurt - Klagenfurt

Anton Bruckner Privatuniversität -- Anton Bruckner Private University - Linz

Campus 02 - Fachhochschule der Wirtschaft GmbH -- CAMPUS 02 University of Applied Sciences - Graz

Danube University Krems -- University for Continuing Education - Krems an der Donau

Fachhochschul-Studiengang Militärische -- Institute for Officer Training

Fachhochschul-Studiengänge Burgenland -- University of Applied Sciences Burgenland - Eisenstadt

Fachhochschule Campus Wien -- University of Applied Sciences FH Campus Wien - Vienna

Fachhochschule des bfi Wien -- University of Applied Sciences BFI Vienna - Vienna

Fachhochschule Kärnten -- Carinthia University of Applied Sciences - Spittal

Fachhochschule Technikum Wien -- Vienna Technical University of Applied Sciences

Fachhochschule Vorarlberg -- FHV Vorarlberg

IMADEC University -- Vienna

IMC Fachhochschule Krems -- IMC University of Applied Sciences Krems - Krems

Karl-Franzens-Universität Graz -- University of Graz - Graz

Katholisch-Theologische PrivatUniversität Linz -- Catholic Theology Private University Linz - Linz

Konservatorium Wien Privatuniversität -- Conservatory of Vienna University - Vienna

Lauder Business School, University of Applied Sciences -- Lauder Business School - Vienna

Medizinische Universität Graz -- Medical University of Graz - Graz

Medizinische Universität Innsbruck -- Innsbruck Medical University - Innsbruck

Medizinische Universitat Wien -- Medical University of Vienna - Vienna

Medizinische Universität Wien -- Medical University of Vienna - Vienna

MODUL University -- MODUL University Vienna - Vienna

Montanuniversität Leoben -- Mining University of Leoben

Paracelsus Medizinische Privatuniversität -- Paracelsus Medical University Salzburg - Salzburg

PEF Privatuniversität für Management Wien -- Private University of Management (PEF) - Vienna

Private Universität für Gesundheitswissenschaften, Medizinische Informatik und Technik -- The Health and Life Sciences University - Tirol

Sigmund Freud Privatuniversität Wien -- Sigmund Freud Private University - Vienna

The International University -- The International University (IU) - Vienna

Universität für angewandte Kunst Wien -- University of Applied Arts Vienna - Vienna

Universität für Musik und darstellende Kunst Graz -- University of Music and Performing Arts Graz - Graz

Universität Innsbruck -- University of Innsbruck - Innsbruck

Universität Klagenfurt -- University of Klagenfurt - Klagenfurt

Universität Linz -- University of Linz - Linz

Universität Salzburg -- University of Salzburg - Salzburg

Universität Wien -- University of Vienna - Vienna

Veterinärmedizinische Universität Wien -- University of Veterinary Medicine - Vienna

Webster University Vienna -- Vienna

Wirtschaftsuniversität Wien -- Vienna University of Economics and Business - Vienna

Technische Universitaet Graz -- Graz University of Technology - Graz

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? by olasdot: 6:21pm On Jul 05, 2011
Lucy001:

Akademie der bildenden Künste Wien -- Academy of Fine Arts - Vienna

Alpen-Adria-Universität Klagenfurt -- Alps-Adriatic University of Klagenfurt - Klagenfurt

Anton Bruckner Privatuniversität -- Anton Bruckner Private University - Linz

Campus 02 - Fachhochschule der Wirtschaft GmbH -- CAMPUS 02 University of Applied Sciences - Graz

Danube University Krems -- University for Continuing Education - Krems an der Donau

Fachhochschul-Studiengang Militärische -- Institute for Officer Training

Fachhochschul-Studiengänge Burgenland -- University of Applied Sciences Burgenland - Eisenstadt

Fachhochschule Campus Wien -- University of Applied Sciences FH Campus Wien - Vienna

Fachhochschule des bfi Wien -- University of Applied Sciences BFI Vienna - Vienna

Fachhochschule Kärnten -- Carinthia University of Applied Sciences - Spittal

Fachhochschule Technikum Wien -- Vienna Technical University of Applied Sciences

Fachhochschule Vorarlberg -- FHV Vorarlberg

IMADEC University -- Vienna

IMC Fachhochschule Krems -- IMC University of Applied Sciences Krems - Krems

Karl-Franzens-Universität Graz -- University of Graz - Graz

Katholisch-Theologische PrivatUniversität Linz -- Catholic Theology Private University Linz - Linz

Konservatorium Wien Privatuniversität -- Conservatory of Vienna University - Vienna

Lauder Business School, University of Applied Sciences -- Lauder Business School - Vienna

Medizinische Universität Graz -- Medical University of Graz - Graz

Medizinische Universität Innsbruck -- Innsbruck Medical University - Innsbruck

Medizinische Universitat Wien -- Medical University of Vienna - Vienna

Medizinische Universität Wien -- Medical University of Vienna - Vienna

MODUL University -- MODUL University Vienna - Vienna

Montanuniversität Leoben -- Mining University of Leoben

Paracelsus Medizinische Privatuniversität -- Paracelsus Medical University Salzburg - Salzburg

PEF Privatuniversität für Management Wien -- Private University of Management (PEF) - Vienna

Private Universität für Gesundheitswissenschaften, Medizinische Informatik und Technik -- The Health and Life Sciences University - Tirol

Sigmund Freud Privatuniversität Wien -- Sigmund Freud Private University - Vienna

The International University -- The International University (IU) - Vienna

Universität für angewandte Kunst Wien -- University of Applied Arts Vienna - Vienna

Universität für Musik und darstellende Kunst Graz -- University of Music and Performing Arts Graz - Graz

Universität Innsbruck -- University of Innsbruck - Innsbruck

Universität Klagenfurt -- University of Klagenfurt - Klagenfurt

Universität Linz -- University of Linz - Linz

Universität Salzburg -- University of Salzburg - Salzburg

Universität Wien -- University of Vienna - Vienna

Veterinärmedizinische Universität Wien -- University of Veterinary Medicine - Vienna

Webster University Vienna -- Vienna

Wirtschaftsuniversität Wien -- Vienna University of Economics and Business - Vienna

Technische Universitaet Graz -- Graz University of Technology - Graz

@ Lucy, can i get your email address so that we can talk better. mine is olasdot@yahoo.com
maybe, u can be of help. Thanks
Re: How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? by Lucy001(f): 9:36am On Jul 06, 2011
Actually I dont really like droping my mail addy on a public forum, u can ask wat ever question you want to ask here:Actually I dont really like droping my mail addy on a public forum, u can ask wat ever question you want to ask here:
Re: How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? by shawonlese: 1:34pm On Jul 06, 2011
@Bolshoboi,

You are limited by the number of work hours a student is allowed.

If you learn a skill (e.g. hair braiding etc) in Naija before you go, you'll be smiling to the bank. Don't target Afro customers, white customers pay more, especially home service because they don't have to leave their kids if they have, to go and stay 8 hrs in a salon, plus you get fed and your transportation paid all tax free.

Talking from one Nigerian student's experience in Germany.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? by whatalife: 5:33pm On Jul 07, 2011
@bolshoiboo,
Can you please share with us details process involve from filing application, legalisation of documents to visa application process.

@ Lucy001,
Thank you for providing loads of school which i can choose for my younger brother.
Re: How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? by olasdot: 6:58pm On Jul 07, 2011
@Bolshoboi and Lucy,

I have tried to check dos schools but i did nt see the things dat i needed to know starting from how to apply and to get there.

Please since you are there and have experience, i dont know if u can just help to make the whole things easy for by recommending school which tuition free is not dat expensive together with how to go about working there.

I want to apply for Masters in Business Adminstration or Human resources management.

I will be very grateful if u can just be of gud help. Thanks
Lucy001:

Actually I dont really like droping my mail addy on a public forum, u can ask wat ever question you want to ask here:Actually I dont really like droping my mail addy on a public forum, u can ask wat ever question you want to ask here:
Re: How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? by olasdot: 11:50am On Jul 13, 2011
bolshoiboo:

Hi,
last year I started processing my way to schooling abroad through one of my mum's friend who advised us to choose Austria because their tuition is cheap, equivalent to approximately 200k in naira. So we started the process.
To cut the story short I have been able to secure an admission into one of the universities and last wk I was called from the embassy for my visa.
Are there jobs (like in other countries) for students who'll like 2 work alongside schooling?
Please I'll like you all to contribute to this thread especially those currently living in Austria.
Thanks

@Bolshoiboo,and the rest
Congrats on your visa and admission success. Please, i just sent my own application form with all the attachments requested for to Universität Innsbruck. I do not know the next thing to do now.

Please, let me know the next step to take. Will i have to wait for their reply and how do i process the visa?

Do you think it is not too late for me to apply for Winter programme now?

Please, answers to this question will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

olasdot@yahoo.com
Re: How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? by olasdot: 9:47am On Jul 18, 2011
Lucy001:

Lucy,
Please, kindly answer my last question.
Thanks
Re: How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? by olasdot: 12:26pm On Aug 09, 2011
bolshoiboo:

Hi,
Thanks

@Bolshoiboo, Please, i just sent my application form and other documents to University of Innsbruk for Master in Strategic management . Can i meet up with the summer programm? Did u sent with your application, TOEFL or/and GMAT when u were applying?
Please, let me know the next thing for me to do.
Thanks
Re: How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? by xtus(m): 5:17pm On Jan 03, 2012
@Lucy001 please i really wanna get in touch with u cos i need more of ur advice on some private pressing issue in respect to studying in Austria. pls add me on facebook or send me and email and lets talk since u cant drop ur yahoo id mine is cletus161@yahoo.com i hope to hear from u soonest. thanks

please am in d middle of getting admission at salzburg university but this whole authentication and legalization is stressing me out, please help me with the whole process on legalization at the Austria embassy and wht are the cost, answers plz

thanks to all
Re: How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? by chelseabmw(m): 8:25pm On Jan 03, 2012
pls can someone just give the total run down from cost to visa requirements?
Re: How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? by bure(f): 3:17pm On Feb 27, 2012
@bolishioo pls am at last stage of processing my admissions with the school and the embassy.i would really need ur advice on some matters pls contact me with this mail add:boldme1245@yahoo.com.
I will be expecting to hear from you
Re: How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? by fred1526(m): 2:34pm On Mar 23, 2012
I secured an admission in university of leoben in austria and i have booked an appointment with the austrian embassy in nigeria for resident permit and they said i shoul bring prove of financial mean in austria..
PLEASE NIGERIAN STUDENTS IN AUSTRIA I WANT TO ASK IS IT NIGERIAN BANK STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT I WILL PRESENT IN THE EMBASSY OR AN AUSTRIAN BANK STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT,
I REAL HOPE TO GET VITAL INFORMATION FROM YOU GUYS, OR YOU CAN SENT ME A REPLY ON MY EMAIL ADRESS:EBONYFRED1526@YAHOO.COM.AU
MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALL
Re: How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? by banky1987(m): 1:30am On Apr 08, 2012
@6red156

So what happen next have there been any news or is there any way you still need an assistance?
Re: How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? by fred1526(m): 11:34am On Apr 08, 2012
@banky1987 yes i still need assistance i want to know if they will grant me resident permit with a nigerian bank statement of account.
Banky are you in austria
You can reach me on my email address so we can talk more at length
Re: How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? by fred1526(m): 3:04pm On Apr 13, 2012
you guys should come to my aid oh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Moment Air Peace Plane Landed At Anambra Int'l Airport (Photos) / What Bode Thomas Street, Surulere Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) / A Trip To Akwa Ibom: Lugard Colonial Office, Slaves Prison, Bridge Of No Return

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.