Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,753 members, 7,813,478 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:49 PM

Homosexuals Do Not Choose To Be Homosexuals – Archbishop Desmond Tutu - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Homosexuals Do Not Choose To Be Homosexuals – Archbishop Desmond Tutu (2253 Views)

King James Version Of The Bible Is For Homosexuals And Rastafarians–ghanaian Rev / South African Archbishop Desmond Tutu Hospitalized For Infection / Bishop Desmond Tutu’s Daughter Quits Priesthood After Her Gay Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Homosexuals Do Not Choose To Be Homosexuals – Archbishop Desmond Tutu by nspodcast1: 11:47am On Apr 09, 2016
Archbishop Desmond Tutu, who led a decades-long fight against racial discrimination in South Africa, says the oppression of gay people around the world is the “new Apartheid.” The retired Anglican archbishop spoke openly with NBC’s Ann Curry about God, the bible and homophobia.

In a sit down with Ann Curry of NBC joined by his daughter, he said;

“It’s not a choice, you don’t say, I choose to be white, or I choose to be black. It’s a given, you don’t choose your sexual orientation”

When asked about if he thinks that God hates gays, he said:

“I am absolutely utterly certain that God wouldn’t be homophobic. I rather go to Hell, that go to a homophobic heaven”

He was spoke about the long standing arguments concerning the bible’s rejection of homosexuality. He said:

“The bible said quite a lot of things many of which I do not accept at all. Yes many of us say that the bible is the word of God, but yes, it is the word of God through the mouth of human beings”

He concluded by saying:

“God sits there, and weeps, because God is saying, you know what? You are all my children, you are all members of one family, my family, and when are we going to learn to live amicably together?”

To watch the interview, follow: http://nostringsng.com/homosexuals-do-not-choose-to-be-homosexuals-archbishop-desmond-tutu/

1 Like

Re: Homosexuals Do Not Choose To Be Homosexuals – Archbishop Desmond Tutu by Nobody: 11:52am On Apr 09, 2016
True!!
Re: Homosexuals Do Not Choose To Be Homosexuals – Archbishop Desmond Tutu by Luckylife(m): 11:55am On Apr 09, 2016
In that case nobody chose to sin abi?
Re: Homosexuals Do Not Choose To Be Homosexuals – Archbishop Desmond Tutu by Nobody: 12:22pm On Apr 09, 2016
We should all learn to live and let other live

1 Like

Re: Homosexuals Do Not Choose To Be Homosexuals – Archbishop Desmond Tutu by nspodcast1: 1:04pm On Apr 09, 2016
Sin is relative. In religion, sin is considered to be something harmful either to self or to another. In the case of homosexuality, it harms no one.
Luckylife:
In that case nobody chose to sin abi?

3 Likes

Re: Homosexuals Do Not Choose To Be Homosexuals – Archbishop Desmond Tutu by orisa37: 1:19pm On Apr 09, 2016
They do Archbishop. They are simply indisciplined.

1 Like

Re: Homosexuals Do Not Choose To Be Homosexuals – Archbishop Desmond Tutu by Luckylife(m): 1:59pm On Apr 09, 2016
nspodcast1:
Sin is relative. In religion, sin is considered to be something harmful either to self or to another. In the case of homosexuality, it harms no one.
thrilling ones backyard that are made only to push out but unnatural made by homos to push in kia! Bro are u really justifying them after what happened in Sodom and Gomorrah. Our infallible Pope says they need prayers and forgiveness as we all do because we are sinners.
Re: Homosexuals Do Not Choose To Be Homosexuals – Archbishop Desmond Tutu by Nobody: 2:29pm On Apr 09, 2016
You can't justify homosexuality in isolation. Paedophilism, masochistic heterosexualism, bestiality are all in the same subset with homosexuality.

Can we really justify these 'abnormalities'?
It behooves those having them to seek help not the society justifying it.

1 Like

Re: Homosexuals Do Not Choose To Be Homosexuals – Archbishop Desmond Tutu by Nobody: 5:30pm On Apr 09, 2016
0rex:
You can't justify homosexuality in isolation. Paedophilism, masochistic heterosexualism, bestiality are all in the same subset with homosexuality.

Can we really justify these 'abnormalities'?
It behooves those having them to seek help not the society justifying it.
Yes, you can justify homosexuality in isolation as it doesn’t equal paedophilia and beastiality on the grounds of Fairness and Justice.

An homosexuality is assumed to be adults engaged in same sex or being attracted to someone of the same sex.
(Please note the bolded above)

Paedophilia is simply taking advantage of an underage.

Beastiality like Paedophilia is also a form of injustice as you can't get consent of an animal...

It is hard, considering the principles of Fairness and Justice, to fault grown people of same sex who derives pleasure in their company willfully.

It is disgusting to me. Yes it is. I really wouldn't like my child to grow in exposure to homosexualism. Nevertheless, I cannot, even after contemplating on the act for years now, find any just reason to oppose two grown adults who engages in anything pleasurable, and willfully! ...without impinging on the rights of others, or hurting others, or putting the lives of others at risk!

Although the act may be appalling, I'm sure we are yet to accept this truth because most of us grew up as heterosexuals in a society dominated by heterosexuals.

On these basis, freedom, equality, liberty, justice, fairness, rights, obligation, responsibility, duty etc. No one can fault an Homosexual.

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Homosexuals Do Not Choose To Be Homosexuals – Archbishop Desmond Tutu by nspodcast1: 7:36pm On Apr 09, 2016
Are they complaining? The only problem they have is people like YOU who forget the very important issues plaguing the society and focussing on what people do in their bedrooms.. Sad and shameful.
Luckylife:
thrilling ones backyard that are made only to push out but unnatural made by homos to push in kia! Bro are u really justifying them after what happened in Sodom and Gomorrah. Our infallible Pope says they need prayers and forgiveness as we all do because we are sinners.

2 Likes

Re: Homosexuals Do Not Choose To Be Homosexuals – Archbishop Desmond Tutu by nspodcast1: 7:39pm On Apr 09, 2016
Brilliant!!! who are you?
Pyrrho:
Yes, you can justify homosexuality in isolation as it doesn’t equal paedophilia and beastiality on the grounds of Fairness and Justice.

An homosexuality is assumed to be adults engaged in same sex or being attracted to someone of the same sex.

Beastiality like Paedophilia is also a form of injustice as you can't get consent of an animal...

It is hard, considering the principles of Fairness and Justice, to fault grown people of same sex who derives pleasure in their company willfully.

It is disgusting to me. Yes it is. I really wouldn't like my child to grow in exposure to homosexualism. Nevertheless, I cannot, even after contemplating on the act for years now, find any just reason to oppose two grown adults who engages in anything pleasurable, and willfully! ...without impinging on the rights of others, or hurting others, or putting the lives of others at risk!

Although the act may be appalling, I'm sure we are yet to accept this truth because most of us grew up as heterosexuals in a society dominated by heterosexuals.

On these basis, freedom, equality, liberty, justice, fairness, rights, obligation, responsibility, duty etc. No one can fault an Homosexual.

Re: Homosexuals Do Not Choose To Be Homosexuals – Archbishop Desmond Tutu by Nobody: 7:56pm On Apr 09, 2016
Pyrrho:

You are right. I have noted my error. It would be nice if homosexuals don't go shoving the act in people's faces though... at least for now or... ever.
Re: Homosexuals Do Not Choose To Be Homosexuals – Archbishop Desmond Tutu by Nobody: 7:59pm On Apr 09, 2016
nspodcast1:
Brilliant!!! who are you?
I'm pyrrho. wink
Re: Homosexuals Do Not Choose To Be Homosexuals – Archbishop Desmond Tutu by johnydon22(m): 8:08pm On Apr 09, 2016
nspodcast1:

No this is incorrect, In religion sin are actions that goes contrary to the word of the particular God that religion worships as spelled in their holy books or codecs..

Sin also varies from religion to religion (subjective according to the charges of their distinct God(s) )

That a religion however considers something to be a sin or righteous does not add or remove to the moral weight of such action.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Homosexuals Do Not Choose To Be Homosexuals – Archbishop Desmond Tutu by johnydon22(m): 8:15pm On Apr 09, 2016
0rex:

You are right. I have noted my error. It would be nice if homosexuals don't go shoving the act in people's faces though... at least for now or... ever.

Would it be also nice if we Heterosexuals don't go shoving the act in people face too?

What is good for the goose i'm sure you agree is also good for the gander ...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Homosexuals Do Not Choose To Be Homosexuals – Archbishop Desmond Tutu by Nobody: 8:18pm On Apr 09, 2016
Why is it only the human specie that is affected by this homosexuality?

I am yet to see a he-goat mating another he-goat or hen or cow or ... If that doesn't exist then that affirms something really is wrong somewhere.

1 Like

Re: Homosexuals Do Not Choose To Be Homosexuals – Archbishop Desmond Tutu by Nobody: 8:28pm On Apr 09, 2016
johnydon22:

Would it be also nice if we Heterosexuals don't go shoving the act in people face too?

What is good for the goose i'm sure you agree is also good for the gander ...

Yes. cheesy

I'm not a big fan of Public Display of Affection but I know people will fight such a law.
Re: Homosexuals Do Not Choose To Be Homosexuals – Archbishop Desmond Tutu by MuttleyLaff: 8:47pm On Apr 09, 2016
nspodcast1:
Archbishop Desmond Tutu, who led a decades-long fight against racial discrimination in South Africa, says the oppression of gay people around the world is the “new Apartheid.” The retired Anglican archbishop spoke openly with NBC’s Ann Curry about God, the bible and homophobia.

In a sit down with Ann Curry of NBC joined by his daughter, he said;

“It’s not a choice, you don’t say, I choose to be white, or I choose to be black. It’s a given, you don’t choose your sexual orientation”

When asked about if he thinks that God hates gays, he said:

“I am absolutely utterly certain that God wouldn’t be homophobic. I rather go to Hell, that go to a homophobic heaven”

He was spoke about the long standing arguments concerning the bible’s rejection of homosexuality. He said:

“The bible said quite a lot of things many of which I do not accept at all. Yes many of us say that the bible is the word of God, but yes, it is the word of God through the mouth of human beings”

He concluded by saying:

“God sits there, and weeps, because God is saying, you know what? You are all my children, you are all members of one family, my family, and when are we going to learn to live amicably together?”
Hmm, the man knows, as he has firsthand ​experience of what he is talking about
Try walking in his shoes then you'll know how he came to feel this way
and may understand why he says what he says about this issue

1 Like

Re: Homosexuals Do Not Choose To Be Homosexuals – Archbishop Desmond Tutu by analice107: 9:32pm On Apr 09, 2016
MuttleyLaff:
Hmm, the man knows, as he has firsthand ​experience of what he is talking about
Try walking in his shoes then you'll know how he came to feel this way
and may understand why he says what he says about this issue
Yes sir. I can imagine. Right under his watch Satan recruited his own daughter.
He took care of other children under him and overlooked his own.
How many people know that the Anti-Christ will be gay? If anyone here is gay, just know that the spirit of the Anti-Christ lives in you.
Peradventure, Rapture takes place tonight and the Bishop is left behind. Does he think that his gay daughter will give the excuses he is giving now to protect her, to the beast to save him? Sorry. She will be the first to betray him.
Re: Homosexuals Do Not Choose To Be Homosexuals – Archbishop Desmond Tutu by ValerianSteel(m): 10:13pm On Apr 09, 2016
Luckylife:
@Bolded,you've been brainwashed beyond the limits of your mental capacityundecided

Where do heterosexuals come in?It's hypocritical to direct your discomfort with homosexuality at the sexual aspect of it only.Cause every sexual act performed by gays in their bedrooms is not exclusive to gays.Name it,MouthAction,cunnilingus,ana-l peneteration is widely practiced by heterosexuals.

You seem to forget homosexuality doesn't revolve around two men only.We have lesbians don't we?Does your 'backyard' theory hold water?

People need to start addressing homosexuality from the aspect of chemical attraction between two persons of the same-sex rather than what goes on between them in bed.The world wouldn't be talking about gay marriage if the only thing homosexuals want to do is poke each others behind.The same reason why you want a companion in the opposite sex is the same reason another man finds companionship in the same-sex.

3 Likes

Re: Homosexuals Do Not Choose To Be Homosexuals – Archbishop Desmond Tutu by McSterling(m): 10:34pm On Apr 09, 2016
0rex:

I am yet to see a he-goat mating another he-goat or hen or cow or ... If that doesn't exist then that affirms something really is wrong somewhere.
You clearly have not been doing a lot of reading.

1 Like

Re: Homosexuals Do Not Choose To Be Homosexuals – Archbishop Desmond Tutu by Nobody: 10:36pm On Apr 09, 2016
analice107:

Yes sir. I can imagine. Right under his watch Satan recruited his own daughter.
He took care of other children under him and overlooked his own.
How many people know that the Anti-Christ will be gay? If anyone here is gay, just know that the spirit of the Anti-Christ lives in you.
Peradventure, Rapture takes place tonight and the Bishop is left behind. Does he think that his gay daughter will give the excuses he is giving now to protect her, to the beast to save him? Sorry. She will be the first to betray him.
undecided Total BS!!

2 Likes

Re: Homosexuals Do Not Choose To Be Homosexuals – Archbishop Desmond Tutu by Nobody: 10:50pm On Apr 09, 2016
McSterling:
You clearly have not been doing a lot of reading.
You can't read everything in the world. Please make your point.
Re: Homosexuals Do Not Choose To Be Homosexuals – Archbishop Desmond Tutu by Nobody: 11:19pm On Apr 09, 2016
Mention me when this thread makes FP tomorrow
Re: Homosexuals Do Not Choose To Be Homosexuals – Archbishop Desmond Tutu by CoolUsername: 11:29pm On Apr 09, 2016
0rex:

Just for your information, homosexual behaviour has been observed in over 1000 species of animals.

Source:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual_behavior_in_animals

1 Like

Re: Homosexuals Do Not Choose To Be Homosexuals – Archbishop Desmond Tutu by Nobody: 11:38pm On Apr 09, 2016
CoolUsername:

Just for your information, homosexual behaviour has been observed in over 1000 species of animals.

Source:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual_behavior_in_animals

Thank you. I have read the article.

1 Like

Re: Homosexuals Do Not Choose To Be Homosexuals – Archbishop Desmond Tutu by Infomaz(m): 6:26am On Apr 10, 2016
The archbishop is wrong. Homosexuality is a choice. There are known homos who have repented and through the power of the Holy Spirit are living straight lives.

Why i do not harbour hatred against homosexuals, they need to know that there's HELP in JESUS who is able to save to the uttermost all who call on him. He died and rose to save them, not in their sin but FROM it. (Matt 1:21) Sodomy is a SIN and It's unnatural, abominable, repulsive and repugnant.

Truth by the way and SIN is absolute because God the Creator is Absolute.
Re: Homosexuals Do Not Choose To Be Homosexuals – Archbishop Desmond Tutu by McSterling(m): 6:46am On Apr 10, 2016
0rex:

You can't read everything in the world. Please make your point.
Animals do exhibit homosexual behaviour.

http://www.yalescientific.org/2012/03/do-animals-exhibit-homosexuality/

You can google more on the subject.

1 Like

Re: Homosexuals Do Not Choose To Be Homosexuals – Archbishop Desmond Tutu by Nobody: 7:16am On Apr 10, 2016
McSterling:
Animals do exhibit homosexual behaviour.

http://www.yalescientific.org/2012/03/do-animals-exhibit-homosexuality/

You can google more on the subject.
Thank you. This subject has now picked my interest.
Re: Homosexuals Do Not Choose To Be Homosexuals – Archbishop Desmond Tutu by McSterling(m): 7:31am On Apr 10, 2016
0rex:

Thank you. This subject has now picked my interest.
The spectrum of organism sexuality is more complex than we like to think it is. That a form of sexuality is divergent from what we perceive as "straight" doesn't make it any less normal or unnatural. Homosexuality is just as natural as heterosexuality. Bonobos, a specie of chimpanzees, perform a lot of homosexual acts on each other. They even give each other blow-jobs.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Homosexuals Do Not Choose To Be Homosexuals – Archbishop Desmond Tutu by Okworigeorge(m): 7:48am On Apr 10, 2016
Pyrrho:

u gay?

Re: Homosexuals Do Not Choose To Be Homosexuals – Archbishop Desmond Tutu by calliope(f): 8:13am On Apr 10, 2016
Okworigeorge:
u gay?
Must one be gay, to defend lgbtqia community? ........
He isn't gay...... He chose not to dwell in bigotry and hate tongue

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Prison Service, Borstal Training Institution / We Are Not Boko Haram......our Religion Encourages Righteousness / The Mark Of Beast (666) And Computer Technology

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.