Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,528 members, 7,826,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

2.6Million Internet Subscribers Dump MTN - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 2.6Million Internet Subscribers Dump MTN (39033 Views)

9mobile Recorded The Highest Number Of Porting Subscribers, See Full Reports! / MTN Loses 714,000 Internet Subscribers / Glo Emerges Top In New Internet Subscribers Acquisition In June, 2016. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2.6Million Internet Subscribers Dump MTN by Raphllyno(m): 11:01am On Apr 10, 2016
am still using mtn cos its my main line. but airtel remains d best for me, nd etisalat d fastest too
Re: 2.6Million Internet Subscribers Dump MTN by Squares: 11:29am On Apr 10, 2016
MTN is fast but too expensive 260 MB for on 1k when glo, airtel and etisalat gives 1.5g, 1g respectively. habaaaaa
Re: 2.6Million Internet Subscribers Dump MTN by Nobody: 12:22pm On Apr 10, 2016
nex:
MTN is under very serious financial pressure from the Government of Nigeria, primarily the National Assembly. Today you hear of a $5 billion fine, tomorrow, it is $3.9 billion, the day after that a Representative is proposing billing them $15 billion, yet you expect all the cheap packages from MTN to continue. It's a company, not a charity organization. In as much as they try to be as charitable as possible, that is not their primary function, so when push comes to shove, they will cut off some liabilities to remain profitable.

The BB Lite, the Midnight Calls, and other cheap and free services will definitely have to go in order for them to be able to shore up their finances to pay whatever our Government finally settles for. Definitely, some subscribers who have previously enjoyed those services will leave, and others will simply stop using the services. That is the collateral damage they are willing to bear.

For me, my concern is less about who dumps, MTN, and more about who MTN dumps. A lot of MTN Contractors are losing their 2016 contracts, shutting their offices, and sacking staff. A lot of the network improvement and expansion projects which MTN announced last year could be put on hold, and subscribers will suffer. More painful is the case of those hundreds of Nigerians which MTN provides medical care for, both at home, and also abroad. I also fear for the MTN Football Scholars who MTN sent to school abroad on football scholarships. You've heard Government calling back students they sent on scholarship because of lack of available funds. I wonder what will happen to those MTN Football Scholars when Government finally puts MTN in that same position.

Just when you think you are dumping MTN, you're actually doing nothing as your national assembly forces MTN to dump you.
any network is dispensable. If they do not cater to the needs of their primary consumers, they can go to hell, basically. The charity thing has been fooling nigerians for long. Not anymore.
Re: 2.6Million Internet Subscribers Dump MTN by blezzymoore: 12:50pm On Apr 10, 2016
idexpaul1:
Is air tel data charging rate normal now
Yes
Re: 2.6Million Internet Subscribers Dump MTN by Nobody: 12:03am On Apr 11, 2016
[quote author=mjames post=44557884]MTN and ETISALAT has refused to lower prices on their data, they may loose more subscribers when NTEL come on board. The competition at that time will be to the benefits of Nigerians[/quot

They bahave the same and even worse in Ghana. Mtcheeeeew
Re: 2.6Million Internet Subscribers Dump MTN by andaxon: 12:23am On Apr 11, 2016
Can't wait for ntel sim card.
Re: 2.6Million Internet Subscribers Dump MTN by Engrdave2000: 7:40am On Apr 11, 2016
Browse and download unlimitedly on your MTN sim card, with the new cracked mtn cheat.... Works on all devices, both on phone and pc.. For more information on this contact 08169 500 799 on whatsapp messenger..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Anti-Add Android Campaign By Blackberry Users? / How To Properly Clean Your Touch Screen Phone / Airtel Customer Care

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.