Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,290 members, 7,860,698 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 02:31 PM

More Idomas and Igalas At My Local IPOB Meeting - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / More Idomas and Igalas At My Local IPOB Meeting (2969 Views)

Urhobo Indigens Hold Ipob Meeting In Support Of Kanu. / Biafrexit: All Is Now Set For Trump, IPOB Meeting Today In The Whitehouse / About Igalas, Idomas And Biafra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: More Idomas and Igalas At My Local IPOB Meeting by Emancipation: 2:03am On Apr 10, 2016
Naija9090:

Exactly. The biggest threat to Northern agenda is Igbo. They have realized that Igbo leaders and monarchs have zero control of Igbo youths/young men...same challenge that colonial whites encountered which posed a significant, unforgiving delay to the expansion and control of all Nigeria territory then. That's why Igboland was the last place to fall to colonial whites...took 12 yr war to finally make inroads...bring in missionaries, and Britian has never forgiven Igbos for this!

In one book I read, a white colonial master wrote the Igbos are made of steel; difficult to convince and implacable to subdue! LOL. The reason he gave was the yorubas had Obas, Hausa-Fulani had Emirs, Binis had Obas which made it very easy to control...simply go to the Obas and Emirs, and the rest was history. However with the Igbos, they didn't have such indirect leadership structure...there was nobody to go to, they had direct/transparent leadership structure...meaning if you had something to say to them you must bring it to the village square, in front of the Ezes and the people...they will all deliberate on it in the open! Lol!

Igbos have democratic system of government ingrained in our culture. We practiced democracy before the Europeans adopted it. The ekwumekwu war actually lasted for almost 3 decades. It was in the 1930s that the british finally subdued the anioma igbos. This made them angry towards igbos because we resisted their supremacy.
Re: More Idomas and Igalas At My Local IPOB Meeting by Emancipation: 7:12am On Apr 10, 2016
Personally, I think that the biafran agitation should exclude people from the middle belt. We might end up in a Trojan horse situation if care is not taken. Let them fight their own battle and leave igbos out of it.
Re: More Idomas and Igalas At My Local IPOB Meeting by godoluwa(m): 7:26am On Apr 10, 2016
Balkan:
The checks and balance of this northern extremism are the igbos. Remove igbos from Nigeria and see how Abbokis will turn yorubas into shoe shiners
SUCH WILL NEVER HAPPENS.

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS: Ogboru Of Labour Party Has Committed Political Suicide... / 2face-protest-troubles-presidency-apc / Beautiful Pictures Of Oshodi Bus Terminal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.