Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,752 members, 7,831,412 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:23 PM

Why do Vibrant Young Men and Women Still Run to Pastors For a Spouse? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why do Vibrant Young Men and Women Still Run to Pastors For a Spouse? (725 Views)

Simi And Jide’s Vibrant Pre-wedding Shoot, See Photos / Young Men Should Drop This Attitude. / Ladies Taking Their Boyfriend Names To Pastors Please Read This (true Life Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why do Vibrant Young Men and Women Still Run to Pastors For a Spouse? by ArinzeAlec(m): 12:07pm On Apr 10, 2016
Why do young aspirant couples blow things out of proportion in the terms of consulting a church minister to help choose for them a life partner?

If you go to different pastors i bet you they will tell you different thing pertaining to the lady/man. They can even choose your younger sister, brother or a blood related cousin if you include his/her name that she's your wife. One has to be very honestly careful when it comes to going to pastors to help pick a life partner. Most pastor are never real. Where is our sense of belonging? that one would approach a pastor to help get you a spouse, for which eventually you get to meet and realise he/she wouldn't even fit in your choice category if had your made the decision to seek for a spouse yourself. They happen to force him or her on you that "HE/SHE IS THE CHOSEN ONE", chosen ko, winners chapel ni. When eventually trouble sets in, they will so quick to list all the bible verses for you to pray and hold on to. Whatever happened to our sense of mutual feeling, going for it and taking it a next level.

So one need to be extra careful. Alot of marriages and relationships has been destroyed because of pastor say this, pastor said that.
Re: Why do Vibrant Young Men and Women Still Run to Pastors For a Spouse? by MrCork: 12:09pm On Apr 10, 2016
ArinzeAlec:
Why do young aspirant couples blow things out of proportion in the terms of consulting a church minister to help choose for them a life partner?

If you go to different pastors i bet you they will tell you different thing pertaining to the lady/man. They can even choose your younger sister, brother or a blood related cousin if you include his/her name that she's your wife. One has to be very honestly careful when it comes to going to pastors to help pick a life partner. Most pastor are never real. Where is our sense of belonging? that one would approach a pastor to help get you a spouse, for which eventually you get to meet and realise he/she wouldn't even fit in your choice category if had your made the decision to seek for a spouse yourself. They happen to force him or her on you that "HE/SHE IS THE CHOSEN ONE", chosen ko, winners chapel ni. When eventually trouble sets in, they will so quick to list all the bible verses for you to pray and hold on to. Whatever happened to our sense of mutual feeling, going for it and taking it a next level.

So one need to be extra careful. Alot of marriages and relationships has been destroyed because of pastor say this, pastor said that.

..bro try Onstelly of nairaland....She a Yoruba chrissstian girl loookin!! wink
Re: Why do Vibrant Young Men and Women Still Run to Pastors For a Spouse? by kcid(m): 12:10pm On Apr 10, 2016
that is thier own concern
Re: Why do Vibrant Young Men and Women Still Run to Pastors For a Spouse? by ArinzeAlec(m): 12:17pm On Apr 10, 2016
kcid:
Most brothers carry am for head like this. Very tiring.
Re: Why do Vibrant Young Men and Women Still Run to Pastors For a Spouse? by oglalasioux(m): 12:17pm On Apr 10, 2016
How else can the ladies have;

Tall
Handsome
Rich
Caring
Religious
Loving father
Not keeping late nights
Always spoiling me with gifts
Guy whose mother is dead etc

And the guys;

Working class rich girl
Not nagging
Religious
Beautiful
Faithful
Not minding the kind of friends I keep
Not worried if I stay out late
Not minding if I put my phone on password etc

That's why they are running to the pastors because it's only the pastors that can make impossible things possible.

After all their God is arbitrary in blessings.
Re: Why do Vibrant Young Men and Women Still Run to Pastors For a Spouse? by Terry68: 12:31pm On Apr 10, 2016
Its sonetimes frustrating when a making a delicate choice that concerns long term.

At some point in life, we lost faith and direction and seek succour in close range to fix that.

Most run to clergy men,
Some to spiritual heads.

The truth: it will be difficult for one to know God if he/she does not have problems.
Re: Why do Vibrant Young Men and Women Still Run to Pastors For a Spouse? by Bluezy13(m): 12:33pm On Apr 10, 2016
Hmmm...

And then
Re: Why do Vibrant Young Men and Women Still Run to Pastors For a Spouse? by Nobody: 12:43pm On Apr 10, 2016

1 Like

Re: Why do Vibrant Young Men and Women Still Run to Pastors For a Spouse? by ArinzeAlec(m): 12:44pm On Apr 10, 2016
oglalasioux:
How else can the ladies have;

Tall
Handsome
Rich
Caring
Religious
Loving father
Not keeping late nights
Always spoiling me with gifts
Guy whose mother is dead etc

And the guys;

Working class rich girl
Not nagging
Religious
Beautiful
Faithful
Not minding the kind of friends I keep
Not worried if I stay out late
Not minding if I put my phone on password etc.

Silly choices. If most of them go for the basics, most divorce issues wouldnt have occured. What boils the most is, they tend to reject what ever their parents bring for an option to settle the pastors. Someone who might deny their a.ss tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Why do Vibrant Young Men and Women Still Run to Pastors For a Spouse? by cruzita(f): 12:52pm On Apr 10, 2016
pastors destroying lives and marriages with their fake prophecies and advice since 1800

1 Like

Re: Why do Vibrant Young Men and Women Still Run to Pastors For a Spouse? by ArinzeAlec(m): 12:53pm On Apr 10, 2016
Aisha96:
What are we to do then since time is not on our side?

So because there is no time so one should settle for less? Yes, Less. Cause now its being desperate.

What happened to when one had better options to settle for but would rather, wants to 'take their time' and lose the option along the way or finally get to realise it aint worth settling for?
Re: Why do Vibrant Young Men and Women Still Run to Pastors For a Spouse? by ArinzeAlec(m): 12:56pm On Apr 10, 2016
cruzita:
pastors destroying lives and marriages with their fake prophecies and advice since 1800

:-D:-D
Re: Why do Vibrant Young Men and Women Still Run to Pastors For a Spouse? by Nobody: 1:11pm On Apr 10, 2016

1 Like

Re: Why do Vibrant Young Men and Women Still Run to Pastors For a Spouse? by Cutehector(m): 1:16pm On Apr 10, 2016
Those in marriage wish to get out of it, those not in marriage wish to get it..
Re: Why do Vibrant Young Men and Women Still Run to Pastors For a Spouse? by itstpia8: 6:06pm On Apr 11, 2016
kcid:
Re: Why do Vibrant Young Men and Women Still Run to Pastors For a Spouse? by ghostwritter(m): 6:29pm On Apr 11, 2016
sometimes sef, marriage dey fear me....with all dis karishikas everwhere

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Cost Of Love? / Love Or Money Which One Will You Go For? / Could This Be Real (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.