Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,748 members, 7,824,155 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Disciplinary Measures Your Parents/Teachers Used That Worked - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Disciplinary Measures Your Parents/Teachers Used That Worked (1085 Views)

Name A Parenting Trait From Your Parents You Would Never Emulate / It Is Not Your Responsibility To Take Care Of Your Parents -Bisi Alimi / When Your Parents Follow You On Twitter - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Disciplinary Measures Your Parents/Teachers Used That Worked by psychic101(m): 4:48pm On Apr 10, 2016
This has been on my mind for a while. With the new ways of disciplining children honestly hasn't proven very effective unlike those days, I believe we should re-adopt the methods used by our fathers.

In schools, you hear "spoilt" kids threaten to report teachers who spank them using...light cane.

So, what disciplinary measure did your parents/teachers used that instilled discipline into you and made you a better person. This thread might be of help to a new dad, who knows.
Re: Disciplinary Measures Your Parents/Teachers Used That Worked by goldbim(f): 9:47pm On Apr 10, 2016
Well,i think simple threats like "you are not eating biscuit and juice in school works for kids in nursery and lower grades. They tend to be remorseful once they hear that..also,having a one on one talk using moral topics (maybe obedience and it's reward)it helps cos it creates a mental picture in their hearts..some kids could be tough though,you can use cane subtly to correct but NEVER inflict injuries!.it is well,to train a child is not a day job..
Re: Disciplinary Measures Your Parents/Teachers Used That Worked by psychic101(m): 10:09pm On Apr 11, 2016
goldbim:
Well,i think simple threats like "you are not eating biscuit and juice in school works for kids in nursery and lower grades. They tend to be remorseful once they hear that..also,having a one on one talk using moral topics (maybe obedience and it's reward)it helps cos it creates a mental picture in their hearts..some kids could be tough though,you can use cane subtly to correct but NEVER inflict injuries!.it is well,to train a child is not a day job..
So true. Are you in Nigeria at all?
Re: Disciplinary Measures Your Parents/Teachers Used That Worked by goldbim(f): 10:37pm On Apr 11, 2016
psychic101:
So true. Are you in Nigeria at all?
of course, I am. I 've applied and still applying all the listed method and I tell you the results have been great!it's about being fair and firm...
Re: Disciplinary Measures Your Parents/Teachers Used That Worked by psychic101(m): 11:15pm On Apr 11, 2016
goldbim:
of course, I am. I 've applied and still applying all the listed method and I tell you the results have been great!it's about being fair and firm...
That's great. Kudos! Especially the "withdrawing certain privileges" from them when they 'commit'.

Being a mum is more than being a wife nor being a woman.
Re: Disciplinary Measures Your Parents/Teachers Used That Worked by goldbim(f): 11:20pm On Apr 11, 2016
psychic101:
That's great. Kudos! Especially the "withdrawing certain privileges" from them when they 'commit'.

Being a mum is more than being a wife nor being a woman.
lol,funny enough I'm not a mother yet,i've been working with kids for almost a decade now. smiley.
Re: Disciplinary Measures Your Parents/Teachers Used That Worked by psychic101(m): 11:22pm On Apr 11, 2016
goldbim:
lol,funny enough I'm not a mother yet,i've been working with kids for almost a decade now. smiley.
Wow, but married?
Re: Disciplinary Measures Your Parents/Teachers Used That Worked by goldbim(f): 11:38pm On Apr 11, 2016
psychic101:
Wow, but married?
no.
Re: Disciplinary Measures Your Parents/Teachers Used That Worked by psychic101(m): 6:46am On Apr 12, 2016
goldbim:
no.
oh kay, I get. You must be a teacher of children of some sort...that's really cool
Re: Disciplinary Measures Your Parents/Teachers Used That Worked by omosito: 11:25pm On Apr 12, 2016
You haven't met the pupils in my school. Deny them their lunch and their parents will make a case against you. Let them be and they would make a market scene in your class right under your nose... Na God dey help us

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Will You Grow Up To Become A "Typical African Parent"? / How Jail Turned Me Into A Lesbian...i Was Arrested In 2013 / Please Help A Sister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.