Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,742 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:23 PM

Distance A Barrier In A Relationship. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Distance A Barrier In A Relationship. (3589 Views)

Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? / Is Age A Barrier In A Relationship / Romantic Love Text Message And Advice For Distance Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Distance A Barrier In A Relationship. by dennylove(m): 7:25pm On Nov 12, 2006
do you all agreed we me that distance is a BARRIER in a relationship.
true/false.
pls ur experiences and views.
i know of a friend,who his relationship turned SOAR,just because,his girl went far distance.
Re: Distance A Barrier In A Relationship. by rudeboy(m): 7:36pm On Nov 12, 2006
yes, i quite agreed wit you
i missssssssssssssssssss my girl due to MOTHER FUCKER long distance.sooory,never want to tlak abt it cry cry cry cry
Re: Distance A Barrier In A Relationship. by Oracle(m): 7:38pm On Nov 12, 2006
Distant relationships are really fun coz of the phone calls and the "i miss you's" but it sure is a barrier considering the fact that the two people in the relationship are not together, things could happen and the other party wouldn't know, so itz not always good to leave your love for a very long time.
Re: Distance A Barrier In A Relationship. by t4tgirl(f): 1:54pm On Feb 18, 2008
I don't belong to the school of Thought that says "absence makes the heart grow fonder",  I think i prefer the phrase [i]"Out of sight out of mind".[/i]Seriously speaking I think distance always puts a strain on relationships. Look at it this way:

My guess is, if we took a survey on 100 couples in long distance relationships at least half of them would be guilty of infidelity.Yes! I know what ur thinking,  (its probably the same ratio for those in normal relationships) grin maybe, but is easier to give into temptation and easier to give yourself an excuse for falling when ur in a long distance relationship.

It is against human nature to trust  wink We all claim to trust our partners but deep down inside there is always that feeling that he or she is up to something. Weather or not we give into these feelings is one thing but as long as you are not with your man or woman sometimes you cant help but wonder if someone else is, and this just adds to the strain I was talking about earlier on

There is always someone willing and waiting to help u take care of your man or woman in ur absence wink no kidding. I hope this helps
Re: Distance A Barrier In A Relationship. by olanajim(m): 2:06pm On Feb 18, 2008
It is not against human nature to trust. Please take note.

Next?
Re: Distance A Barrier In A Relationship. by creamdream: 2:08pm On Feb 18, 2008
Yes!!
Re: Distance A Barrier In A Relationship. by olanajim(m): 2:14pm On Feb 18, 2008
@topic,
I diagrees.

Distance is never a barrier in relationship. And I can tell you that it depend on who you are dealing with.
Re: Distance A Barrier In A Relationship. by Joey82(m): 2:35pm On Feb 18, 2008
@poster,
let no man deceive u,
its a big barrier.
want to know?
try 1 and see 4 urself
Re: Distance A Barrier In A Relationship. by 190: 3:42pm On Nov 04, 2008
men distance na bad tin oo, cos it just made me commit some fun anyway
Re: Distance A Barrier In A Relationship. by arramyjay: 3:44pm On Nov 04, 2008
Not really.
Re: Distance A Barrier In A Relationship. by sammyjl(f): 1:51pm On Nov 07, 2008
Oracle:

Distant relationships are really fun because of the phone calls and the "i miss you's" but it sure is a barrier considering the fact that the two people in the relationship are not together, things could happen and the other party wouldn't know, so itz not always good to leave your love for a very long time.

4rm experience, i dated a guy for more than 3 years, he got another job in another town and would only come after 3 months or so, i never travelled to go c him cos it was damn far, that was my excuse, the love started to die. We not together anymore.

It depends actually from person to person. If the love is strong, it'll work, in my case our love was already complicated. But i never cheated on him, the love just started to die. Like some one said, out of sight out of mind, i even stopped clln hm.
Re: Distance A Barrier In A Relationship. by princesa(f): 2:03pm On Nov 07, 2008
am neutral on this topic undecided
Re: Distance A Barrier In A Relationship. by whitelexi(m): 4:08pm On Nov 08, 2008
Distance is such a bitch!
It makes it so damn hard to know and experience the 'look and feel' of truly pure and undilluted love! But having said that, if you can keep in touch as a couple, that makes it more interesting grin
Re: Distance A Barrier In A Relationship. by cyriluzo(m): 11:32am On Nov 10, 2008
Distant isnt a barrier, Your heart is!!!

I had to leave my location to another place just One week after I started going out with a lady. It has been over 4yrs now and non of us have relocated to join the other. We are still together and we still Love each other. there has been some hitches here and there but it only makes our committment to each other stronger.
Re: Distance A Barrier In A Relationship. by Andyjoy(f): 12:06pm On Nov 10, 2008
I've been wt mine for 3 years now and we hv never been together in one place for up to a month and we r still on. Its been both interesting and strenous all together, but as someone said its ur hrt that matters here. kiss
Re: Distance A Barrier In A Relationship. by Nautillus(m): 12:20pm On Nov 10, 2008
Distance . . .Relationship . . .very bad mix cry cry cry cry

(1) (Reply)

Pastors Of Nowadays!! Is This The Funniest Picture Of The Day? / 5 Reasons Every Man Should Sleep without Putting on Cloth / The Konji Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.