Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,566 members, 7,812,836 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:18 PM

Open Letter To My Fellow Comrades Ahead Of The Planned Protest - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Open Letter To My Fellow Comrades Ahead Of The Planned Protest (462 Views)

Kaduna Pupils Protest Over Planned Sack Of 21,000 Teachers That Failed Test / Should I Stop Helping My Fellow Students? / Oau Students' Comrades Attcked By Cult Like Persons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Open Letter To My Fellow Comrades Ahead Of The Planned Protest by Nobody: 8:05pm On Apr 10, 2016
Tomorrow being 11th March 2016, University of Portharcourt will commenced her 2016 first semester exam.
However, prior to this date, the University management has made it known that anyone who did not meet the deadline for the payment of school charges will not participate in the exam which ultimately mean carry over.
The students are planning a ''Peaceful Protest " tomorrow to force the management t to rescind such decision and revert back to the old system.
In as much as I support the protest, but I think the timing is wrong .Well, I think is not wisdom to embark on such considering our forth coming exam and the slow pace of the school calendar.
MY TAKE[b][/b]

You called it peaceful protest. Very well then. What about the misguided fellow ( who are sure to come out tomorrow) in our midst who are planning to hijack it to perpetuate evil act, how are u going to control them.
What if this protest lead to an indefinite closure of the school till further notice, (Who do you think will be affected, The management or the students). Ofcourse we the students.
At the end of everything, the brunt will fall on the us, we will be further pushed down the pecking order. (Note. So many schools are ahead of us in terms of academic calendar)

That news has been there since the inception of this semester. Text messages have been sent to us.
The first time I saw that news, I spoke against it on facebook ( Uniport Student Forum). I even mentioned protest, but no one took me serious. One babe there even told me to stop waiting for extension, that people are busy paying their fees, that I should go and pay my fees. I even put a call across to Unique Fm to complain about it.

Comrade, all am saying is protest is good, but our timing is wrong. We should learn to set our priorities right and stop making the same mistake over and over again.
Finally, we have decayed infrastructure in the school, high exorbitant fee for a federal uni ( 45k), lack of conducive lecture halls, insecurity, most of us are yet to see our results, high school charges etc, when wili our consciousness be awaken in these areas. ?

Upon The Greatest Nigerian Students

(1) (Reply)

Pleaseeee, I Need Solutions To These Questions / UNILAG Sacks Student Union Government, Demands Indemnity From All Parents / WAEC GCE 2016 Registration Has Commenced; See Full Details Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.