Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,486 members, 7,816,149 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

God Gives And Satan Take Away Vs God Gives And Take Away! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Gives And Satan Take Away Vs God Gives And Take Away! (3009 Views)

Poll: Do U believe that

God Gives and Take Away: 66% (4 votes)
God Gives and Satan takes Away: 33% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

The Sun Alone Gives And Sustian Life Not A God / The Bible God Is Actually Satan, And Satan God / Santa Vs. God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

God Gives And Satan Take Away Vs God Gives And Take Away! by SeanT21(f): 11:10pm On Aug 01, 2009
There has been alot of debate regarding those 2 phrases.Some believe that God Gives and Takes Away while others believe that God gives and Satan takes away. I remember my ex-pastor saying that God Gives and Takes Away and half of the church had a strange look on their faces.

Whats ur opinion this
??
Re: God Gives And Satan Take Away Vs God Gives And Take Away! by Nobody: 11:21pm On Aug 01, 2009
SeanT21:

There has been alot of debate regarding those 2 phrases.Some believe that God Gives and Takes Away while others believe that God gives and Satan takes away. I remember my ex-pastor saying that God Gives and Takes Away and half of the church had a strange look on their faces.

Whats ur opinion this
??

perhaps because they've never read their bibles.
Re: God Gives And Satan Take Away Vs God Gives And Take Away! by SeanT21(f): 2:53am On Aug 02, 2009
davidylan:

TRUE!!
Re: God Gives And Satan Take Away Vs God Gives And Take Away! by Tudor6(f): 10:47am On Aug 02, 2009
Everything good is attributed to god while bad things are blamed on the devil.
A deluded man would tell himself anything to fan his madness. . .
Re: God Gives And Satan Take Away Vs God Gives And Take Away! by Krayola2(m): 11:33am On Aug 02, 2009
davidylan:

Don't u think that is maybe oversimplifying things. You can't just dismiss everyone with a different view as having "never read their bible". It almost seems u claim to be some kind of final authority on all things related to Christianity.

Can u please tell us what the Devil's job description is?
Re: God Gives And Satan Take Away Vs God Gives And Take Away! by Nobody: 12:11pm On Aug 02, 2009
Krayola2:

Don't u think that is maybe oversimplifying things. You can't just dismiss everyone with a different view as having "never read their bible". It almost seems u claim to be some kind of final authority on all things related to Christianity.

Can u please tell us what the Devil's job description is?

Me i wonder for am sef.

When Jesus said he came to give life and life more abundantly what did he mean?
give us proof in the bible that God takes away human life through death.
Re: God Gives And Satan Take Away Vs God Gives And Take Away! by Recognise: 12:33pm On Aug 02, 2009
SeanT21:

There has been a lot of debate regarding those 2 phrases.

Some believe that God Gives and Takes Away while others believe that God gives and Satan takes away.

I remember my ex-pastor saying that God Gives and Takes Away

and half of the church had a strange look on their faces.

Whats ur opinion this
??

@SeanT21

- SeanT21 Hey long time . . .  smiley

C'mon now, bet you know this is disguised discriminate (i.e. "I am a victim"wink line of reasoning

There's more to this innocently looking & seemingly meaningful assertion . . .

God's original intention is/was to give and to give whatever it is, for life (i.e. have it for ever) grin

The taking away has nothing to do with God or satan grin

But check this out . . . grin

If God gives, and one receives with one hand

only to hand it out with the other hand grin

Trust me, smiley satan is on standby "since yesterday"

If what's given is handed over to satan

satan is ready and willingly happy to take it off one's hand and scamper away with it grin

This whole thing about "taking away",  it aint half got na-da to do with God

God?! Give and take away?!! Why would he want to do a thing like that for

I'll tell ya how it all started . . .

Let start with asking Adam questions about his date with God

and about after the date, who took away the original mandate God gave him . . .

He probably wouldnt be keen volunteering the information

likely cos its an embrassing question & it brings back bad memories grin

but he certainly might point fingers grin

- yeah, two at satan and three at himself Notice, none at God
Re: God Gives And Satan Take Away Vs God Gives And Take Away! by Nobody: 1:30pm On Aug 02, 2009
It varies on what context u meant it.

If u mean as in God giving Life and satan taking it, i'd rather say it is appointed unto man, once to die and after that judgment follows. . . . In othes words 'God gives and he takes back after the fulfillment of what he gave (life).
In anywiays, i should broaden ur horizon in the God giving and satan taking scene. If God gives u a particular valued possession or gift/talent or LiFE and its not well used as he (GOD) so expect then he leaves u up to ur fate which can be seemingly categories as "God's Own Perfect Will and Human's Own Permissive Will" once We as human cannot or do not value God's perfect will then he leaves us to our permissive will of which the devil has a big acess into.

I hope this helps. Sorry 4 me bad engrish, i was driving when typing . . smiley
Re: God Gives And Satan Take Away Vs God Gives And Take Away! by Recognise: 2:45pm On Aug 02, 2009
Reload  grin

Brein:

It varies on what context u meant it.

If u mean as in God giving Life and satan taking it,

I'd rather say it is appointed unto man, once to die and after that judgment follows . . . 

In other words 'God gives and he takes back after the fulfillment of what he gave (life).

In anyways, I should broaden ur horizon in the God giving and satan taking scene.

If God gives u a particular valued possession or gift/talent or LiFE

and its not well used as he (GOD) so expect then he leaves u up to ur fate

which can be seemingly categories as "God's Own Perfect Will and Human's Own Permissive Will"

once we as human cannot or do not value God's perfect will

then he leaves us to our permissive will, of which the devil has a big access into.

I hope this helps. Sorry 4 me bad engrish, i was driving  when typing . . smiley

'
@Brein

- Brein

Nice submission  wink

Typing whilst driving?

Tut-tut-tut You dont half take risks do ya?,

You should know better to park or give the driving your full attention smiley

Brein hey check this out:

If I say "Hey here's a bird. Keep it as a pet, look after it, it's yours for keeps"

and I also say "Do whatever you like with it but do not let go off the string attached to the bird's leg . . . "

Now Brein quick question please:

If you let go of the string and the bird bolts and flies grin

Will you turn around pointing fingers at me

that cos you chose your Permissive Will over my Perfect Will I then took the bird away (i.e. back from you)

No! You wouldnt because it was you that let go of the string in the first instance . . . aint that so?

As I earlier mentioned, God gives, and when God gives it literally for keeps (i.e. for ever)

Now if one wants to squander, rubbish, abuse, not value etc the gift (e.g. life, fruit of the womb, physical prowess, position etc)

then there are costs and consequences  (i.e. a price of loss)

God isnt taking them back, he doesnt need them, it's just the way the cookie crumbles . . .

Check out this verse about the issue of life that you brought up

Genesis 2:9, 16 & 17 Contemporary English Version:

9The LORD God placed all kinds of beautiful trees and fruit trees in the garden.
Two other trees were in the middle of the garden.
One of the trees gave life--the other gave the power to know the difference between right and wrong.

16[/b]But the LORD told him, "You may [b]eat [/b]fruit from [b]any tree in the garden,

17except the one that has the power to let you know the difference between right and wrong.
If you eat any fruit from that tree, you will die before the day is over!"

Proxy Eve, Adam was a risk taker but his gamble didnt pay off as expected

It's not easy making decisions you know,

on hindsight he probably thought "I shouldn't have jumped the gun . . .

Should have waited until am able to be trusted with the responsiblity of making decisions and standing by them"

Anyway the rest is his story history . . .

The legacy is that satani is on the neighbourhood watch prowl

ready and waiting to pick up or take away what one doesnt value

dare I say, even life

shocked am not grin
Re: God Gives And Satan Take Away Vs God Gives And Take Away! by bawomolo(m): 2:50pm On Aug 02, 2009
babaearly:

Me i wonder for am sef.

When Jesus said he came to give life and life more abundantly what did he mean?
give us proof in the bible that God takes away human life through death.

I personally won't doubt the powers of God if i were a Christian.
Re: God Gives And Satan Take Away Vs God Gives And Take Away! by SeanT21(f): 2:32am On Aug 03, 2009
Thanks 2 all for your opinions!!

@Recognise. Good seeing U again!!
Re: God Gives And Satan Take Away Vs God Gives And Take Away! by FMK(m): 6:43am On Aug 03, 2009
God never takes away what he gives.  you men get them lost  when you get them lost  on the way,  while satan walking around he found it and takes it for his own

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: Christians Being Killed In Yobe / The Christian's Guide To Detecting Demonic Music / The Only Thing Wrong With Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.