Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,621 members, 7,823,719 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

The Removal Of The Lagos-Calabar Rail: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts On Twitter - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Removal Of The Lagos-Calabar Rail: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts On Twitter (49238 Views)

Ben Bruce Reacts To Atiku's Return To PDP / Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts To Data Price Increase. See Reactions / Buhari's Kitchen Comment: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts With Loved Up Photo With Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Removal Of The Lagos-Calabar Rail: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts On Twitter by RALPHOW(m): 1:41pm On Apr 11, 2016
Mr Ben Bruce,
If it was not there, what is the job of the senators from South South
especially Cross River Senators if they can not fight to include such project.
Sure if it was their allowance that was nmissing they will notice and set GMB on fire.

3 Likes

Re: The Removal Of The Lagos-Calabar Rail: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts On Twitter by 5starmilitant: 1:44pm On Apr 11, 2016
HirstMOG:

don't include southwest because they all stand with the certificateless, NEPA bill daura cattle rearer dullard.

Kikikikikikikikiki

1 Like

Re: The Removal Of The Lagos-Calabar Rail: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts On Twitter by amjad1986(m): 1:49pm On Apr 11, 2016
I think ben Bruce is d liar in this regard cos we actually saw and heard minister of transport defending the coastal rail line in the budget..... more so if it wasn't included in the budget where was Bruce ben and other senators from the the south that they couldn't fight it out The daft is over social media making a he'll of noise.

4 Likes

Re: The Removal Of The Lagos-Calabar Rail: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts On Twitter by caphone: 2:04pm On Apr 11, 2016
Senator of the federal republic of twitter I hail thee. This man seems to charm the minds of so many orubebe's on nairaland too. I see common dafts on social media everyday. BTW PMS is 200 per ltr in my area today grin

2 Likes

Re: The Removal Of The Lagos-Calabar Rail: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts On Twitter by emmykk(m): 2:06pm On Apr 11, 2016
kaykay010:
I just hate this dude... Everyday common sense.. Just shut up. Talkative. Everyday you are on twitter.

check the fact at budget office
Re: The Removal Of The Lagos-Calabar Rail: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts On Twitter by mildflame: 2:08pm On Apr 11, 2016
Forwetinnah:

You dey beg person wey empty-hen* dash free mb to come rant for NL. Save your begging mbok

Ah IKPA I know sabi say u be TIGER self?
Re: The Removal Of The Lagos-Calabar Rail: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts On Twitter by jydeskill1(m): 2:09pm On Apr 11, 2016
May God bless u for me
Re: The Removal Of The Lagos-Calabar Rail: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts On Twitter by Charly68: 2:16pm On Apr 11, 2016
If indeed it is a lie,I will never trust these people again !
Re: The Removal Of The Lagos-Calabar Rail: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts On Twitter by LashoneGroup(m): 2:18pm On Apr 11, 2016
Good day, its wonderful week Please kindly like this page you will be receiving wonderful and useful tips https://www.facebook.com/lashonelinksgroup/
Re: The Removal Of The Lagos-Calabar Rail: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts On Twitter by hooklover: 2:35pm On Apr 11, 2016
cktheluckyman:
Common sense senator don't mind the useless APC and their propaganda.We know their ways

U noticed dere was no lag calabar rail but dere was lags kano rail in d budget and it did not occur to u dat is from the south south to find out y and insist on asking the minister in question why it was omitted.

But u prefer to whine about it cos it's APC govt so u can score cheap political point.u forgot dat the interest of the people u represent is first before any other thing.

I hope u receive common sense to know Wat is right.

1 Like

Re: The Removal Of The Lagos-Calabar Rail: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts On Twitter by blackboy2star(m): 2:39pm On Apr 11, 2016
In this your video all he defend here is related to aviation nothing like NRC rail stuff. The argument is about Lagos- Calabar rail and not about if Amaechi defended any budget
[Qquote author=AntiWailer post=44601910]So Amaechi defended what was not in the budget and you never knew ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxFxC8sM2Gg

They claimed, Amaechi never defended any budget..

Oh sorry, you were busy tweeting for the ignorant wailers to feed on.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: The Removal Of The Lagos-Calabar Rail: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts On Twitter by christinie(f): 3:03pm On Apr 11, 2016
By their insults you shall know them.
As I was saying, Buhari must be impeached asap!
Tiegarr:
Silly rants from a toddler... It just goes to show how much of a kid you are.. Define impeachment...On what grounds?A reset slap app should be added to nairaland for kids like you..

1 Like

Re: The Removal Of The Lagos-Calabar Rail: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts On Twitter by dragonking2: 3:10pm On Apr 11, 2016
Tonyebarcanista , seriously you need to open a thread about APC and their lies...The insult we Niger deltans received yesterday, especially from Yoruba's were just too much.

1 Like

Re: The Removal Of The Lagos-Calabar Rail: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts On Twitter by kraftykc(m): 3:13pm On Apr 11, 2016
Enough of the finger pointing. It was in, it wasn't in, just the tip got...

We are agree that the rail is a good idea?

Chorus: Yes!

So putting it back is a great idea?

Chorus: Yes!

Well let's do this. Thanks to the President for pointing it out in the firs... Oh shoot!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Removal Of The Lagos-Calabar Rail: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts On Twitter by bluecircle470: 3:15pm On Apr 11, 2016
cktheluckyman:
Common sense senator don't mind the useless APC and their propaganda.We know their ways

I know ur type. Una go suffer am
Re: The Removal Of The Lagos-Calabar Rail: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts On Twitter by Ghost01(m): 3:17pm On Apr 11, 2016
Awon olofo SINators. When they are even unaware of the details of the Bill submitted to them, how are they going to perform? According to Ashafa, the Lagos-Calabar railway wasn't included in the first padded budget that was submitted but after it was discovered that those in the Budget Office had tampered with the budget, the Presidency submitted an original copy and contained in it was the railway project which Amaechi later defended in from of the Transportation Committee. Also, according to Ashafa, the Lagos-Calabar railway project was contained in what the transport commitee submitted to the Appropriation Committee, but like what happened in the Budget Office, the details were tampered with again. This country has a lot of enemies and some of them are our so-called leaders. Little wonder they didn't want to release the details of the budget to the Executive.
Re: The Removal Of The Lagos-Calabar Rail: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts On Twitter by dragonking2: 3:21pm On Apr 11, 2016
Charly68:
If indeed it is a lie,I will never trust these people again !
It is a lie

1 Like

Re: The Removal Of The Lagos-Calabar Rail: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts On Twitter by seunajia: 3:26pm On Apr 11, 2016
Is Ben Bruce is trying to argue against video evidence?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KE2XYj9Id4

1 Like

Re: The Removal Of The Lagos-Calabar Rail: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts On Twitter by ChristianHeny: 3:51pm On Apr 11, 2016
cktheluckyman:
No you don't know their ways. people were blaming buhari as the cause of petroleum scarcity till they realized it's caused by IPMAN cabals. Madam Iwela even confirmed how tricky those guys can be.
Re: The Removal Of The Lagos-Calabar Rail: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts On Twitter by pimpo: 3:52pm On Apr 11, 2016
HAH:
Ben bruce should tell us if the video posted on NL front page showing Amaechi defending the budget that includes the Lagos -calabar railway is a lie not giving rhetoric on twitter

Obviously you just read the headline and didn't watch the video, otherwise you would know that what u have written u have written is false.
Re: The Removal Of The Lagos-Calabar Rail: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts On Twitter by nusirat(m): 3:53pm On Apr 11, 2016
guardian09:
Below is a tweet from Senator Ben Murray Bruce regarding the removal of the Lagos - Calabar Rail from the 2016 budget.

https://mobile.twitter.com/benmurraybruce/status/719251892254015488

I

I wonder if truly we still have youth who are myopic in thinking, who will belief hypocrisy senator like Ben Bruce, have you watch the budget defence by Amechi on YouTube, if no, try and do, so to clear your mind, because I know very when he is defends his ministry you are busy Twee ting, year senator.

1 Like

Re: The Removal Of The Lagos-Calabar Rail: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts On Twitter by pimpo: 3:58pm On Apr 11, 2016
seunajia:
Is Ben Bruce is trying to argue against video evidence?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KE2XYj9Id4

Is this video related to the budget defence??
Re: The Removal Of The Lagos-Calabar Rail: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts On Twitter by ChristianHeny: 3:58pm On Apr 11, 2016
5starmilitant:
So no provision for the Lagos to calabar rail in the budget abi, but they want to waste billions to find oil in the north right? SS, SE, & SW open your eyes, this change scam is real
So Ameachi defended what wasn't in the budget? clap for yourself, well done.

2 Likes

Re: The Removal Of The Lagos-Calabar Rail: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts On Twitter by mapet: 4:06pm On Apr 11, 2016
Ghost01:
Awon olofo SINators. When they are even unaware of the details of the Bill submitted to them, how are they going to perform? According to Ashafa, the Lagos-Calabar railway wasn't included in the first padded budget that was submitted but after it was discovered that those in the Budget Office had tampered with the budget, the Presidency submitted an original copy and contained in it was the railway project which Amaechi later defended in from of the Transportation Committee. Also, according to Ashafa, the Lagos-Calabar railway project was contained in what the transport commitee submitted to the Appropriation Committee, but like what happened in the Budget Office, the details were tampered with again. This country has a lot of enemies and some of them are our so-called leaders. Little wonder they didn't want to release the details of the budget to the Executive.

[b]@AbdulAbmj got it wrong. Federal Government Included And Defended The Inclusion Of Lagos-Calabar Rail In The 2016 Budget At The Senate- Senator Gbenga Ashafa
I have carefully followed the news items making the rounds in relation to the budget presented to the National Assembly and what was defended by the Ministry of Transport before the Senate Committee on Land Transport which I have the privilege of chairing.
The focal points of controversy seem to be the Lagos to Calabar railway modernisation projects and the completion of the Idu – Kaduna rail line.
I confirm that the Lagos to Calabar rail line was not in the original document that was presented to the National Assembly by the Executive. However subsequently at the budget defense session before the Senate Committee on Land Transport, the Hon. Minister for Transport, Rotimi Amaechi, did inform the committee of the omission of the Lagos to Calabar rail modernisation project and indeed sent a supplementary copy of the ministry's budget to the committee which contained the said project.
The minister noted that the amount needed for the counterpart funding for both the Lagos to Kano and Lagos to Calabar rail modernisation projects was in the sum of 120 Billion Naira, being 60 Billion Naira per project.
While the committee did not completely agree with all the changes made in the subsequent document, being fully aware of the critical importance of the rail sector to the development of our dear country, distinguished members of the Senate Committee on Land transport keyed into the laudable (Lagos to Calabar, rail modernisation) project and found ways of appropriating funds for the project without exceeding the envelope provided for the ministry.
In so doing, the committee observed that the Lagos to Kano rail rehabilitation project had been allocated the sum of N52 Billion Naira as against the sum of 60 billion which the Hon. Minister requested as counterpart funding while no allocation whatsoever was made for the Lagos to Calabar rail line.
Hence, the sum of 54 billion Naira that was discovered by the Senate Committee on Land Transport to be floating in the budget of the Ministry of Transportation as presented by the Executive was injected into augmenting the funds needed for counterpart funding of both projects (Lagos to Kano and Lagos to Calabar Rail modernisation), as at the time the committee defended its report before the senate committee on Appropriation. The Lagos to Calabar rail modernisation project was therefore included in the Senate Committee on Land Transports recommendation to the Senate Committee on Appropriations.
With regard to the Idu to Kaduna rail completion, the Senate Committee on Land Transport did not interfere with what was provided for in the budget as sent by the executive, being approximately 18 Billion Naira hence I am equally surprised to read on the pages of the newspapers that the amount allocated to the said project was reduced by 8 Billion Naira.
While I would have preferred to wait till Tuesday April 12th 2016 when the National Assembly reconvenes in order to have the benefit of viewing the details of the budget that was conveyed to the executive as passed, I am compelled to place the facts in proper perspective as it relates to the activities of the Senate Committee on Land Transport.
Without prejudice to the considerations and powers of the Senate Committee on Appropriations with regard to the appropriations process, the foregoing is the true reflection of what transpired at the committee level with respect to the Land Transport sector of the Ministry of Transport.
Senator Gbenga Ashafa (Lagos East)
Senate Committee on Land Transport

[/b]

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Removal Of The Lagos-Calabar Rail: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts On Twitter by mapet: 4:10pm On Apr 11, 2016
pimpo:

Is this video related to the budget defence??

What is it related to?
Re: The Removal Of The Lagos-Calabar Rail: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts On Twitter by itzdeejay: 4:23pm On Apr 11, 2016
who is to be blamed? When ss/sw/sE senators want their personal benefit than that of the masses.... Any way sha.... GOD dey.
Re: The Removal Of The Lagos-Calabar Rail: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts On Twitter by ikwubaba: 5:20pm On Apr 11, 2016
bashydemy:
Thank you jare, I just pity people supporting this true senators, the project is not in the budget and they are looking like fool. But if it happen to be there own budget was not included, they will raise alarm yeye Senator. PMB keep exposing them.

Truth is that we may be underestimating the level of politics wailers/PDP/IPOB can play. If Amaechi does that project, he becomes popular and may wrestle power from PDP is many SE/SS states. Hence, it is imperative to stop or oppose such projects including lying. i.e. Better for the region to remain underdeveloped than for power to leave their hands. Just like SS senators were the only ones opposing a substantive ministerial nomination from their region. Boundless foolishness. If I were Buhari, and if not for Amaechi, I will just sign that budget kia-kia. And somebody will tell me emancipation of that region is near.

Nothing to learn from the other regions. Even the wide mouth Fayose supported his very opponent in the last election for ministerial position.

2 Likes

Re: The Removal Of The Lagos-Calabar Rail: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts On Twitter by magicalx(m): 6:52pm On Apr 11, 2016
lekkie073:
what exactly is happening in this country
I never see where govt dey lie to citizen korokoro face like dis

You don see now
Re: The Removal Of The Lagos-Calabar Rail: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts On Twitter by gillz(m): 8:36pm On Apr 11, 2016
This man should shut up for once. Mr. Senator, have you heard Sen. Ashafa's comment at all abi him no be senator?
Re: The Removal Of The Lagos-Calabar Rail: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts On Twitter by SKYQUEST(m): 9:42pm On Apr 11, 2016
kaykay010:
I just hate this dude... Everyday common sense.. Just shut up. Talkative. Everyday you are on twitter.

you hate him because you hate his truth, facts and figures!
Re: The Removal Of The Lagos-Calabar Rail: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts On Twitter by shiki(m): 9:52pm On Apr 11, 2016
No senator will throw more light on the issue of constituencies projects

APC + PDP = the same
****deceivers****
Re: The Removal Of The Lagos-Calabar Rail: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts On Twitter by bigmurphee: 11:09pm On Apr 11, 2016
[quote author=darocha1 post=44601674]Its unfortunate we dwell on making a case where there is need for none.
If this railway will improve economic growth, just include it, make wateva amends that is needed and let this budget be re-passed and implemented.
The country is grounded, no ongoing project, no approval of contracts and so on due to no budget.
Please executive & legislative arm, this isnt the time for finger pointing. we the masses depend on the budget, so do what is right
To the youth on e-forum adding pepper to the suya, its unfortunate you dont realise it is your time that is being wasted.
The reason some of you are jobless is because firm that will recruit are awaiting contract and that contract is tied to this budget
The reason your batch A camp has been continually postponed is cos tailor's contract for your kits, caterer's contract for your meals etc are all tied to this budget.
The earlier we get our priority right and not engage in this finger pointing political game with this hold men, the better for our present condition & future.

This isnt common sense but REALITY.

Dis must b statement fr a matured mind...u said it all...God bless u and bless Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

As Economy Declines, Buhari Revives Jonathan’s Agric Policy He Suspended / Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes / Obiano Tours First Ultra Modern 24/7 Filling Station In Anambra (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.