Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,770 members, 7,809,961 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:56 PM

As Economy Declines, Buhari Revives Jonathan’s Agric Policy He Suspended - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / As Economy Declines, Buhari Revives Jonathan’s Agric Policy He Suspended (49166 Views)

Court Declines To Release Nnamdi Kanu, Others On Bail / Aisha Buhari & Jefferson Bribery: Fayose Revives Aisha's 'Role' / Fulani Herdsmen: Abia Revives Bakassi Boys To Guard Rural Communities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

As Economy Declines, Buhari Revives Jonathan’s Agric Policy He Suspended by jamesibor: 9:22pm On Sep 01, 2016
The Buhari administration on Wednesday said it had revived the e-wallet system for fertiliser allocation and distribution, a year after suspending it.
The Minister of Agriculture, Audu Ogbeh, made the announcement after the weekly Federal Executive Council meeting, saying the policy would however be modified to address the challenges that made it unsustainable.
At the meeting, which held as the National Bureau of Statistics confirmed the nation was in recession, the government also approved a borrowing plan and solid minerals initiatives to stimulate the economy.
But the decision to restart the e-wallet fertilizer scheme represented another economic policy reversal by the Buhari administration, which had earlier dumped the initiative.
The e-wallet system was part of the Growth Enhancement Support scheme introduced by former Goodluck Jonathan administration to address the menace of middlemen in the fertiliser supply chain, which experts identified as a challenge for farmers at the time.
The policy, seen as one of the few successes of the administration, ensured the registration of about 4.2 million farmers within its first year. More than 10 million were said to have been registered at the height of its implementation.
Akin Adesina, who served as Minister of Agriculture between 2010 and 2015, when the scheme was initiated, said its success contributed to his elevation to the African Development Bank where he is now the president.
The policy was however suspended by the Buhari government in 2015.

The Minister of Agriculture, Audu Ogbeh, cited accumulated debts to fertiliser and seed companies as well as corrupt practices that had contributed in making it costly and unsustainable.
“We had to look for money from our own sources at the federal level to bear the liabilities of states,” Mr. Ogbeh was quoted by The Punch as saying in July 2016.
“The GES payment was a debt we inherited from the previous administration. The total debt was N57 billion. When we arrived here, the agro-dealers said they couldn’t operate because they didn’t have bulk money to carry on with their businesses and so we applied to government and appealed for help to raise some money to pay the debt.
But the said Wednesday the Buhari administration will now resuscitate the policy.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/209693-economy-declines-buhari-revives-jonathans-agric-policy-suspended.html

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: As Economy Declines, Buhari Revives Jonathan’s Agric Policy He Suspended by jamesibor: 9:23pm On Sep 01, 2016
Lalasticlala, over to you.

499 Likes 63 Shares

Re: As Economy Declines, Buhari Revives Jonathan’s Agric Policy He Suspended by Yehman(m): 9:24pm On Sep 01, 2016
The zoo has fallen!
Proudly 5% cos we never expected much from a government built on lies and propaganda.

Meanwhile, I heard that hunger and suffering makes people to be sound and objective in reasoning. Let's see how Strong this proposition will hold in 2019.

On economic recession:
I stand with competitive federalism via fundamental constitutional change, including fiscal federalism—taxation powers, rights over natural resources, wage setting, fiscal responsibility, etc – breaking from unitary-federalism of uniform standards to multi-speed federalism with only minimum standards.
#i stand with true federalism

362 Likes 22 Shares

Re: As Economy Declines, Buhari Revives Jonathan’s Agric Policy He Suspended by Nobody: 9:27pm On Sep 01, 2016
Buhari kindly sallow your pride and seek advise from ex presidents.

248 Likes 11 Shares

Re: As Economy Declines, Buhari Revives Jonathan’s Agric Policy He Suspended by Standing5(m): 9:28pm On Sep 01, 2016
Jonathan spent just five months in power in 2015 but exhausted 10.5 months of budget and left huge debt in addition. PDP is dead for good. Hurray!
Where did N106B wired to wike of PDP at the last second come from?
We know better.

48 Likes 9 Shares

Re: As Economy Declines, Buhari Revives Jonathan’s Agric Policy He Suspended by Standing5(m): 9:31pm On Sep 01, 2016
grossintel:
Buhari kindly sallow your pride and seek advise from ex presidents.
I suspect you had toothpaste for lunch. tongue

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: As Economy Declines, Buhari Revives Jonathan’s Agric Policy He Suspended by MadamExcellency: 9:32pm On Sep 01, 2016
Standing5:
Jonathan spent just five months in power in 2015 but exhausted 10.5 months of budget and left huge debt in addition. PDP is dead for good. Hurray!

Keep telling yourselves lies for consolation having made the most grievous mistake of voting a man who has no other political capital nor credentials other than standing up for implementation of Sharia law in the year 2000 after Obasanjo's administration pronounced a temporary ban on the murderous law sweeping across northern Nigeria at the time.

The truth is that 2014 budget fiscal year ended on March, 2015.

The 2015 budget was signed into law by GEJ on 10th May, 2016, 19 days to Buhari's inauguration.

Stop spewing the nonsense meant to deceive gullible zombies among you.

647 Likes 73 Shares

Re: As Economy Declines, Buhari Revives Jonathan’s Agric Policy He Suspended by Standing5(m): 9:35pm On Sep 01, 2016
Your carefully dropped loads of irrelevant facts and concluded with insults. I have seen your type before. Prove me wrong or get lost.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: As Economy Declines, Buhari Revives Jonathan’s Agric Policy He Suspended by Ellidude(m): 9:39pm On Sep 01, 2016
Standing5:
Keep deceiving yourself. If you think Nigerians will vote APC again, then I'll suggest you start going for political counseling.

408 Likes 35 Shares

Re: As Economy Declines, Buhari Revives Jonathan’s Agric Policy He Suspended by Geniro: 9:42pm On Sep 01, 2016
Standing5:

You are a sad little zombie. Mr Akin Adeshina is miles above the geriatric Ogbeh and his dumb superior.

They have suddenly gone back to the basics. Bunch of clueless people.

357 Likes 22 Shares

Re: As Economy Declines, Buhari Revives Jonathan’s Agric Policy He Suspended by Standing5(m): 9:43pm On Sep 01, 2016
Ellidude:
Keep deceiving yourself. If you think Nigerians will vote APC again, I suggest you start going for political counseling.
Like a budget you need supplementary political insight.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: As Economy Declines, Buhari Revives Jonathan’s Agric Policy He Suspended by mastermaestro(m): 9:43pm On Sep 01, 2016
Buhari and policy flip flop are like this.

296 Likes 29 Shares

Re: As Economy Declines, Buhari Revives Jonathan’s Agric Policy He Suspended by Nobody: 9:45pm On Sep 01, 2016
Standing5:
I suspect you had toothpaste for lunch. tongue
I suspect you are a zombie and I don't talk to zombies.

265 Likes 13 Shares

Re: As Economy Declines, Buhari Revives Jonathan’s Agric Policy He Suspended by MadamExcellency: 9:51pm On Sep 01, 2016
Standing5:
So?

You mean Jonathan spend 85% of 2015 budget in 19 days?

Did he also pay Federal workers wages bills till October, 2015?

Did GEJ administration received Federal Government monthly allocation in advance?

Enough of this zombiesm

354 Likes 20 Shares

Re: As Economy Declines, Buhari Revives Jonathan’s Agric Policy He Suspended by mastermaestro(m): 9:52pm On Sep 01, 2016
Jonathan tried to simplify governance through superb policies that were too modern to primitive Nigerian electorates. Venomous hate, political illiteracy and tribal bigotry pervaded and fouled the political atmosphere. Today, eyes are opening to see that Buhari will merely keep swerving left to right until he sinks the ship.

278 Likes 21 Shares

Re: As Economy Declines, Buhari Revives Jonathan’s Agric Policy He Suspended by Standing5(m): 9:55pm On Sep 01, 2016
MadamExcellency:

You mean Jonathan spend 85% of 2015 budget in 19 days?

Did he also pay Federal workers wages bills till October, 2015?

Did GEJ administration received Federal Government monthly allocation in advance?

Enough of this zombiesm
I already said he spent 5 months. Stop feigning stupidity. He left enough deficit is what I was driving at. Your brain is too weak to get it?

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: As Economy Declines, Buhari Revives Jonathan’s Agric Policy He Suspended by Ellidude(m): 10:00pm On Sep 01, 2016
Standing5:
I already said he spent 5 months. Stop feigning stupidity. He left enough deficit is what I was driving at. Your brain is to weak to get it?
I weep for you bro. You've obviously been brainwashed. Your problem is beyond the boundaries of Nairaland. When people are getting wiser by the day, you have decided to stay in the dark side of reality. Really, it is a sad fact.

282 Likes 17 Shares

Re: As Economy Declines, Buhari Revives Jonathan’s Agric Policy He Suspended by nkwachiabel(m): 10:09pm On Sep 01, 2016
Standing5:
I already said he spent 5 months. Stop feigning stupidity. He left enough deficit is what I was driving at. Your brain is to weak to get it?

Do u really read the news @ all? Do u follow politics? I doubt that. Sorry to say. U know not what u speak.

173 Likes 11 Shares

Re: As Economy Declines, Buhari Revives Jonathan’s Agric Policy He Suspended by basilo101: 10:10pm On Sep 01, 2016
Standing5:
stop constituting nuisance in public my friend

251 Likes 11 Shares

Re: As Economy Declines, Buhari Revives Jonathan’s Agric Policy He Suspended by jlinkd78(m): 10:13pm On Sep 01, 2016
ok
Re: As Economy Declines, Buhari Revives Jonathan’s Agric Policy He Suspended by arushiuga(m): 10:13pm On Sep 01, 2016
The student buhari is learning from the teacher Jonathan. In spite of all the negative things said about Jonathan he still remains a visionary leader. The people that sent you parking will one day regret their mistake

166 Likes 10 Shares

Re: As Economy Declines, Buhari Revives Jonathan’s Agric Policy He Suspended by MadamExcellency: 10:16pm On Sep 01, 2016
Standing5:

Which deficit and a phantom five months are you talking about when the 2014 budget ran through till 31st March, 2015? Have you forgotten that 2015 only got expended on May 10th, 2016, this year. Do you know the percentage recurrent expenditure in 2015 budget?

You think you can come to a public forum to repeat the same rubbish you do among your gullible friends and be allowed to get away with it?

Stop fabricating lies to shoot your conscience. Enough of these obfuscation

268 Likes 15 Shares

Re: As Economy Declines, Buhari Revives Jonathan’s Agric Policy He Suspended by TheFreeOne: 10:23pm On Sep 01, 2016
Dunderheads in power.

And like a dog back to it's vomit....with yeye policy summersaults.

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: As Economy Declines, Buhari Revives Jonathan’s Agric Policy He Suspended by Montaque(m): 10:25pm On Sep 01, 2016
Buhari's head Is now smaller

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: As Economy Declines, Buhari Revives Jonathan’s Agric Policy He Suspended by ShowYourCertificate: 10:27pm On Sep 01, 2016
You guys now see why I was looking for Buhari's Certificate grin

[size=25pt]ShowYourCertificate[/size]

222 Likes 8 Shares

Re: As Economy Declines, Buhari Revives Jonathan’s Agric Policy He Suspended by GossipHeart(m): 10:29pm On Sep 01, 2016
As the economy declines, hunger revives Buhari's dead brain he failed to use

74 Likes 3 Shares

Re: As Economy Declines, Buhari Revives Jonathan’s Agric Policy He Suspended by thundabot(f): 10:30pm On Sep 01, 2016
Slow puke.

qoute me and die grin

6 Likes

Re: As Economy Declines, Buhari Revives Jonathan’s Agric Policy He Suspended by chemicalDisease: 10:31pm On Sep 01, 2016
Stupid presidiot.
Buhari is a dullardd.

74 Likes 1 Share

Re: As Economy Declines, Buhari Revives Jonathan’s Agric Policy He Suspended by chi4ik4(m): 10:31pm On Sep 01, 2016
Jonathan==goodluck while Buhari==backluck. Buhari is just a confused element, a dullard without functional upper motor neuron whose heart is full of anger, hatred and revenge....

73 Likes 4 Shares

Re: As Economy Declines, Buhari Revives Jonathan’s Agric Policy He Suspended by GossipHeart(m): 10:31pm On Sep 01, 2016
I now know why that Yoruba man named his dog Buhari

He went back to his vomit

Omenka, Beremx and Ngenekwenu won't like this

88 Likes 1 Share

Re: As Economy Declines, Buhari Revives Jonathan’s Agric Policy He Suspended by Ratello: 10:32pm On Sep 01, 2016
Funny clown, he is still test running after almost 2 years in power. Demonic jagban jantis

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: As Economy Declines, Buhari Revives Jonathan’s Agric Policy He Suspended by Nairastake: 10:32pm On Sep 01, 2016
cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy

He'll soon revive Jonathan back to Aso Rock...

150 Likes 9 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Idoma People Welcome David Mark Today In Otukpo, Benue State(pics / 2019: Shehu Sani Lists 6 Men Who Have Integrity Like President Buhari / Soldier Disarming An IED With His Bare Hands In Kafan Ruwa, Borno (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.