Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,855 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:29 PM

Diary Of A Desperate Lover (updated) a classical blend of poetry and prose! - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Diary Of A Desperate Lover (updated) a classical blend of poetry and prose! (6274 Views)

Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) / Classical Novels For Sale / The Ghost-worker Aristol, A Short Prose By- Promise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diary Of A Desperate Lover (updated) a classical blend of poetry and prose! by anitapreeti(f): 7:20am On Apr 29, 2016
Dont you believe in miracles? have faith hun!
afrikaa:

You so welcome, and yea God bless you too.
Dont dwell so much on the prince guy though, Love can be wicked and decide you dont cross paths anytime soon sad
.... so spare some thoughts for that chyker next door wink who knows
Peace.
Dont you believe in miracles? have faith hun!
Re: Diary Of A Desperate Lover (updated) a classical blend of poetry and prose! by anitapreeti(f): 5:46pm On Apr 29, 2016
PAGE 9

Hey hey!
I really don't know where to start from. I'm drowning in joy. I'm so happy. When you dream a good dream, you can only wish that it will manifest and after the manifestation, you owe destiny one thing. Testimony! That's why am here now. This day started on a sad note, it dawned on me bidding my parents fare well and the thought of spending a night at home without my parents hunted me all day. But now, I really don't care about anyone, am glad Abigail stayed back in school.

I'm exhausted but I just have to pour out my heart to you, cause trust me we are in this together.

At 2:54pm I grabbed my bag and made my way out of the office. Listless and leaden. 'You have to take a bike to the bus stop then board a going to mainland' I said to myself as I walked out of the gate. The road seemed a bit busy, I stood elegantly observing the environment. The sun was at its peak and I was already sweating. I knew all these were bound to happen so I didn't bother to touch up my make up. What's the need when I will have to wipe it off eventually. I reached for my handkerchief in my bag, getting ready for action. I couldn't wait to get home and take a cold bath or rather bury myself with foam in the bathtub for hours. "I should be home before 6pm" I said as I looked at my watch.
Its 3:07pm. No bike yet. I became uncomfortable. I was already coursing under my breath. Maybe I should pick a taxi cab like I did in the morning. 'Great idea' I thought. Just when I had given up a bike stopped before me. I quickly jumped on it. Elated!
Now it's about 3:30pm as I joined the crowd waiting for buses to arrive at the bus stop. I haven't done this in a long while and it seemed adventurous. I found a perfect spot for myself and stood full of expectation. There was traffic on the road and people were everywhere. As the first bus arrived, everybody rushed towards it, out of about fifty of them only a few got in. I couldn't hold back laughter. This same scenario replayed severally and I didn't even make one attempt.

"Madam you no go see that bus here o, go that side" I felt like dying as one of the boys around the bus stop told me I couldn't get a bus to my area in a place I have been standing for the past thirty minutes. I had to ask questions. I dragged my feet to a shop around the bus stop and got a bottle of water for some rejuvenating effects before walking over to my promise land.

Ooops! I need to turn over now.❤

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Desperate Lover (updated) a classical blend of poetry and prose! by anitapreeti(f): 5:56pm On Apr 29, 2016
PAGE 10

There is no much people on this side, I was elated. But we had to wait for a bus to make it through the traffic. Suddenly a car pulled off just on the spot meant for buses we await. Few people rushed towards it to do God knows what! I observed their movement as they turned towards me before drifting back to their former positions. I was bewildered.
"Madam he stopped for you" said one woman as she walked pass me. Astonished, I smiled, 'It might be one of dad's friends or whoever, let's see. I moved towards the front door, looked into the car and it was Prince.
Talk about Déjà vu
I felt this before! I saw it as well. I talked about it and even indited it.
I am elated once again.... My joy flows like a fountain!! My smile very tightened. My heart dances to its beats as the butterflies in my tommy sing. I couldn't believe it, I thought I was dreaming. I stood motionless. 'Prince wants to give me a lift'. I saw fate smiling at me.

At this point, the ever buzzing road screamed silence. Their loud noise bowed to his voice. "Hello" he said in the most enchanting voice I have ever heard. I tried to say something but I ended up shutting the mouth I opened. "Get in, I will drop you off" he said as he reached towards the door. I carefully opened the door and sat down gracefully. Dreams do come true!
"Thanks" I finally managed to utter. Prince. This is definitely beyond my pay grade, Though I have longed for this moment, I felt weak and spineless. I was overjoyed that I lost my strength. I was dying to steal a glance at him but I couldn't find the courage. 'My face oh my God' I wondered. I picked my hanky and dabbed it. Praying that I look better. I was comfortable with my dressing so am not bothered by that. The floral skirt and white sleeveless shirt are perfect match and he must like it, I'm sure.
"Are you going home?" His voice awakened me from my wonderland. "Yes" I said with a smile on my face. 'he must like me' yes he must, I can't afford to lose him again. Never. Strange strength overshadowed me! I'm ready to possess my possession!
"Alright, I'm Prince. I stay around mainland and I have seen you a couple of times that's why I was able to recognize you back there" he said. 'Interesting' I thought of the best response but I realize that I have to let it flow. I took a deep breath, adjusted the seatbelt and said "I'm Anita, I t..think I have seen you around a..as well" 'calm down babe' I felt I was stuttering.

As we started the snail race, no one said a thing. I needed to let out my emotions cause I was going to burst as it builds up each moment I squinted to steal a glance at him. I brought out my phone and pinged Abigail. I wanted to pour out this joy cause it was choking me. I typed each word passionately 'Babes guess what! I am....' Whether she was online or not I felt better. He made some movements, turned towards me and asked "Do you work around here?" I felt shivers down my spine. Our eyes met, he's got the coolest eyes in the whole world. I'm really very luck.

I found myself telling him everything about me from my family to school and all, He kept smiling and I guess that kept me going. "You're hilarious" he said as I ended my story. That was a compliment right? I said "thank you, tell me about yourself too" oops! He didn't ask that, well.....it's been said already. Oh God! I pray I haven't screwed up.
"I work with OPT pharmaceuticals" he started. Oh my! He is a Doctor. Ok Pharmacists, I later learnt he is a Chemist anyway. I smiled as he told me most things about him, the most amazing part was when he said. "I like dark girls, u know I feel they are natural and more beautiful" my heart started pounding. Am I dark or fair? I was really confused at that point. I smiled and asked "Uhmm... She is dark right?" "She? Who?" He asked and we both bursted into laughter.
He is lovely, pleasant, gleeful and intelligent. I became so comfortable with him. We talked about random things, made jokes. It was fun.

As we were getting closer to mainland, a sting of pain wrapped me up. I will miss him. I almost felt like crying. I imagined us spending the night together kissing and making out all through the night. Crazy right? I'm in love with him and he loves me too. Well.... yes I feel so, my instincts can't deceive.
Re: Diary Of A Desperate Lover (updated) a classical blend of poetry and prose! by louiskay(m): 12:31am On Apr 30, 2016
(*゚ー゚) (。・ω・。) ●︿●
Anita!!!!!!!!!!!! you are simply incredible..

your writing skill is impeccable

you just making me want to try out my diary know how.... may after my graduation sha...

pls write a poem on how u felt when u finally met ur Prince... i guess the aura will just be too extreme...

#Addicted

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Desperate Lover (updated) a classical blend of poetry and prose! by besly: 6:19pm On Apr 30, 2016
That's my girl
anitapreeti:
PAGE 9

Hey hey!
I really don't know where to start from. I'm drowning in joy. I'm so happy. When you dream a good dream, you can only wish that it will manifest and after the manifestation, you owe destiny one thing. Testimony! That's why am here now. This day started on a sad note, it dawned on me bidding my parents fare well and the thought of spending a night at home without my parents hunted me all day. But now, I really don't care about anyone, am glad Abigail stayed back in school.

I'm exhausted but I just have to pour out my heart to you, cause trust me we are in this together.

At 2:54pm I grabbed my bag and made my way out of the office. Listless and leaden. 'You have to take a bike to the bus stop then board a going to mainland' I said to myself as I walked out of the gate. The road seemed a bit busy, I stood elegantly observing the environment. The sun was at its peak and I was already sweating. I knew all these were bound to happen so I didn't bother to touch up my make up. What's the need when I will have to wipe it off eventually. I reached for my handkerchief in my bag, getting ready for action. I couldn't wait to get home and take a cold bath or rather bury myself with foam in the bathtub for hours. "I should be home before 6pm" I said as I looked at my watch.
Its 3:07pm. No bike yet. I became uncomfortable. I was already coursing under my breath. Maybe I should pick a taxi cab like I did in the morning. 'Great idea' I thought. Just when I had given up a bike stopped before me. I quickly jumped on it. Elated!
Now it's about 3:30pm as I joined the crowd waiting for buses to arrive at the bus stop. I haven't done this in a long while and it seemed adventurous. I found a perfect spot for myself and stood full of expectation. There was traffic on the road and people were everywhere. As the first bus arrived, everybody rushed towards it, out of about fifty of them only a few got in. I couldn't hold back laughter. This same scenario replayed severally and I didn't even make one attempt.

"Madam you no go see that bus here o, go that side" I felt like dying as one of the boys around the bus stop told me I couldn't get a bus to my area in a place I have been standing for the past thirty minutes. I had to ask questions. I dragged my feet to a shop around the bus stop and got a bottle of water for some rejuvenating effects before walking over to my promise land.

Ooops! I need to turn over now.❤
Re: Diary Of A Desperate Lover (updated) a classical blend of poetry and prose! by Thinkerspool: 7:44pm On Apr 30, 2016
You are doing a great work here Anita, your writing skills is well honed and lubricated because it flows well. I anticipate another poem dear.
Re: Diary Of A Desperate Lover (updated) a classical blend of poetry and prose! by Nobody: 8:43pm On Apr 30, 2016
Aww..So nice. Lucky you, you deserve the best. I wasn't that lucky
Re: Diary Of A Desperate Lover (updated) a classical blend of poetry and prose! by Nobody: 11:05pm On Apr 30, 2016
This is such a beautiful piece... Can't remember how long I've been sitting here , reading the whole thing from scratch..... keep it coming miss, this is outstanding and amazing
Re: Diary Of A Desperate Lover (updated) a classical blend of poetry and prose! by AustinBlinks(m): 11:19pm On Apr 30, 2016
Wooow Anita. This is absolutely amazing. I've been missing out but now I'm stuck on this like glue. Amazing... outstanding and wonderful piece and poems. Loving it!

Austinblinks..
Re: Diary Of A Desperate Lover (updated) a classical blend of poetry and prose! by anitapreeti(f): 10:17am On May 01, 2016
besly:
That's my girl
❤❤❤❤❤ *wink*
Re: Diary Of A Desperate Lover (updated) a classical blend of poetry and prose! by anitapreeti(f): 10:17am On May 01, 2016
besly:
That's my girl
❤❤❤❤❤ *wink*
Re: Diary Of A Desperate Lover (updated) a classical blend of poetry and prose! by anitapreeti(f): 8:58pm On May 01, 2016
Thinkerspool:
You are doing a great work here Anita, your write skills is well honed and lubricated because it flows well. I anticipate another poem dear.
thanks boss. I'm working on that
Re: Diary Of A Desperate Lover (updated) a classical blend of poetry and prose! by Thinkerspool: 11:37am On May 02, 2016
anitapreeti:
PAGE 5

Hey you!!
Exactly! something happened. I really want to erase this memory but it has stuck in my brain like ABC.
Just as I was picking my favorite chocolate in one of those shelves in De Belle's supermarket. Something strange happened.
I felt so light, I could only feel my legs shaking. Something strange over shadowed me and as I looked up.

Smiles. You guessed right. He was standing there. I felt like disappearing or on a second thought I wished the earth could open its big and insatiable mouth and swallow me.
But none of these happened. I stood like a pole starring him straight in the eyes. I am certain I can sketch his face despite my very bad drawing skills. I took cognizance of all his facial features. His dark brown eyes, his semi pointed nose his full lips, the birthmark under his nose then his handsome face. I imagined kissing him. I even imagined..... Until I heard.

"Sorry, you can have it" as this melodious, angelic and calm voice rang in my ears, my senses returned from wherever they flew to. I just realized the reason for the strange feeling. We reached for the chocolate at the same time but i was faster than him and his hand landed on mine. I looked down, then he immediately withdrew his hand.

I couldn't utter a word. Millions of thoughts raced through my mind. 'Say 'Hi', No! 'no you can have it' No! 'I love you' ok, now that's out of it, 'alright thanks' uhmmm.... I felt dumb. I watched him walking away. I stood motionless with my hand still on the chocolate.

Oh my Prince! I said immediately I saw the last of him. Then I regained consciousness. Picked up the chocolate and made my way to the cashier's desk.
Right now, am on my bed, eating the chocolate, reminiscing, wishing, hoping, imagining....... I picked up my pen and allowed the ink to indite whatever my heart says......

MY OBSESSION
It's about my obsession
I wish to make a confession
It has been my passion
My secret admiration
An unforgettable situation
Face to face with my attraction
I had a choice of possession
But the fear of rejection!
Took away my attention
My eyes though still on my mission
My heart fled in apprehension
For the fear of rejection!!
I lost my possession.
My obsession
Stood filled with expectation
Fear of rejection!!!
Back to my world of my obsession
Where I lack satisfaction.

I'll be back soon. Much love❤

This part of the poem took away my attention.

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Desperate Lover (updated) a classical blend of poetry and prose! by anitapreeti(f): 5:18pm On May 02, 2016
Chi59:
Aww..So nice. Lucky you, you deserve the best. I wasn't that lucky
thanks for the comment. It's not late dear, Love's time can be likened to God's time. It's the best, just be patient like Anita was.
Re: Diary Of A Desperate Lover (updated) a classical blend of poetry and prose! by anitapreeti(f): 5:21pm On May 02, 2016
UniniSwitLady:
This is such a beautiful piece... Can't remember how long I've been sitting here , reading the whole thing from scratch..... keep it coming miss, this is outstanding and amazing

Awwwwn thanks a lot. I will be updating soon. Tests and exams preps are choking me. (if u know Unilag gist u will understand.)
Re: Diary Of A Desperate Lover (updated) a classical blend of poetry and prose! by anitapreeti(f): 5:22pm On May 02, 2016
AustinBlinks:
Wooow Anita. This is absolutely amazing. I've been missing out but now I'm stuck on this like glue. Amazing... outstanding and wonderful piece and poems. Loving it!
Austinblinks..
wow! finally... smiles. thanks dear.
Re: Diary Of A Desperate Lover (updated) a classical blend of poetry and prose! by seedgreen(m): 9:46am On May 04, 2016
so romantic.
Re: Diary Of A Desperate Lover (updated) a classical blend of poetry and prose! by anitapreeti(f): 3:03pm On May 05, 2016
seedgreen:
so romantic.
*smiles*
Re: Diary Of A Desperate Lover (updated) a classical blend of poetry and prose! by anitapreeti(f): 4:44pm On May 08, 2016
Hello. I sincerely apologize for the break in transmission here. I'm currently writing exams, that's why I haven't been able to update this diary. I will be back ASAP. Love you all.

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Desperate Lover (updated) a classical blend of poetry and prose! by anitapreeti(f): 4:37pm On May 12, 2016
hey guys. please drop your comments and criticisms. Those things help. smiles.
Re: Diary Of A Desperate Lover (updated) a classical blend of poetry and prose! by anitapreeti(f): 7:11am On Jun 05, 2016
hello guys, sorry for the break. I have got updates for my diary. its time.
Re: Diary Of A Desperate Lover (updated) a classical blend of poetry and prose! by anitapreeti(f): 7:12am On Jun 05, 2016
Page 11

Life is really good.
I felt like a queen as he stepped out of the car, walked round and opened the door for me, as he parked in front of De Galaxy cuisine. I couldn't help but admire his masculine physique as he was walking, his tall slim body and his really noticeable backside, smiles. I like. I imagined his chest, packs or pack? Well, I will find out soon. He is really handsome, gentle, polite and well mannered. My boy friend. Prince. Smiles.
How did we get to the restaurant right? You will ask; 'I read minds you know' As we got closer to mainland, Prince announced that he wanted to make a wish. Guess what his wish was! Dinner tonight!! "Can we do dinner together?" He asked in the most polite manner. Though I knew he meant 'now', I replied When exactly? "Tonight, if you don't mind" he answered. Ok, we got there, smiles. I didn't mind, I don't mind, will I ever mind? Why should I? At that point I could only be grateful for how the fortune wheel has turned to my favour. I was overjoyed, so happy that it was written all over the smile I wore on my face.

Over the dessert, we chatted about diverse things, one of those things is the reason am overjoyed tonight. "I love games" He said with a sweet smile on his face. "Strategy games preferably, something that adds to my knowledge. Not random games. He added. He looked so happy, so handsome, harmless. I can bet that my Prince can't hurt a fly. He has the sweetest and purest heart. I was lost in thought of a good life ahead of us. Prince and I. "Wow! We seem to have a lot in common, I love chess game" I said happily. Bewildered, Prince held my hand and squeezed it gently. "I love chess as well. In fact its my favorite" he said.
The feel of his hand on me sent back those amzing feelings, I felt like kissing him but I constantly held my self control button. I can't afford to let anything go wrong. I wished the day will never end but, if only wishes were horses, u know where I will ride to right?
Prince continued "We can go somewhere and play chess, maybe at the beach. I would love to beat you, am sure you are a big fish" We laughed. He just asked for another date, he obviously likes me no doubt. Though I am a good chess player but I can be a fish for Prince. "Hilarious! The Beach is cool, at least I can easily walk into the water as a fish" We laughed harder this time.
Prince and I will be going to the beach. Date isn't fixed yet but we have exchanged contacts.

My joy is unspeakable, I can't tell the tale
I have tried but can't pick the peak
I am happy with the riches I have reached
My Prince is the one and I won his heart

Life is uncertain, It's either faith or fate
I felt the pain when I hit the pane
I liked that pain like the air I breathe
Cause I got my prize for the price I paid

Faith faced me and grace grasped me
My wishes came through, whichever way it's weighed
T's more than the fourth time that I have fought
I didn't wean this time cause I was meant to win

Fate smiled at me, when I walked by faith
I fell in love so deeply that I fear a dip
I found love so pure and sure.
Now I can sleep in peace and without a slip.
Re: Diary Of A Desperate Lover (updated) a classical blend of poetry and prose! by joanee20(f): 8:37am On Jun 06, 2016
You simply good...thumbs up
Re: Diary Of A Desperate Lover (updated) a classical blend of poetry and prose! by anitapreeti(f): 4:54pm On Jun 08, 2016
joanee20:
You simply good...thumbs up
thanks a lot.
Re: Diary Of A Desperate Lover (updated) a classical blend of poetry and prose! by anitapreeti(f): 1:33pm On Jul 18, 2016
Page 12

Hey diary
I wish to be known and addressed as Princess from now on. Life has been so sweet after my first date with him. His calls became my wake up call and lullaby for a good night sleep.
On Abigail's advice mum should be kept in the dark about this. I trust her on this, she is better experienced than I am. Everyone noticed how unusually happy and nice I have become and I was greatly commended by all. Now this is PRINCE EFFECT! I'm loving this.

In my fantasy Prince has declared his intention to make me his lover but reality speaks a different language. We just went out that night played and had a lot of fun, he calls me and I call him. Just like random friends do but the intentions haven't been declared expressly. I lied to Abigail and my friends that he already asked me out but I can't lie to you cause you understand me more than anyone else. I'm just hoping that he opens up on our next date unless..... smiles. Not sure of what to do, but am sure I won't be able to take it anymore.

Yes, I had to tell those lies, I want to feel engaged, loved and valued. I want to step up and be like other girls. I know this explanation can't exonerate me but everything will fall in place when Prince will ask me out. He will.

SAY THE WORD
I feel the wind as it whistles
Moving calmly and gently round the field
Teasing me softly and caressing my smiles
I see it coming slowly and so mildly
I want to feel it closely
I need to hold it down firmly
I want to take a grip of it
And call it mine!
Let it's whistle blow my name
If I could trap it!
No city will feel it ever
Say the word, oh! wind, speak.
Say the word, oh! My Prince.
Re: Diary Of A Desperate Lover (updated) a classical blend of poetry and prose! by anitapreeti(f): 9:03pm On Jan 24, 2018
Awwwn
I abandoned my diary sad

(1) (2) (Reply)

Divide. / All About Ifueko. A Story By Adesuwasylvia / Links To All Kayode Odusanya Stories On Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.