Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,506 members, 7,830,518 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

The Fraud In Slot Limited - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Fraud In Slot Limited (50739 Views)

[video] TECNO Mobile Is A Global Brand – Slot CEO / Blackberry Aurora Spec : First Blackberry Phone With Dual SIM Slot / Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Price In Slot & Jumia Nigeria 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by freeman67: 9:48am On Apr 12, 2016
ITSaWRAPPP:
If the account linked to the POS is not a personal but a company/corporate account then SLOT may actually be the one scamming and defrauding customers not the staff as it would be almost impossible for staff to get a share of the payment if directly paid to Slot's account via the POS terminal.

Nothing is impossible.... the staff can sell the fake as Original to customers then take the original brought in by their supplier elsewhere to sell.

country where Electricity distribution company staff (marketers) will inflate ur bill if u are well to do and threaten u with disconnection then after payment Liaise with cashier later with ur real consumption and collect their balance... Nothing is impossible

I just wonder why a private company will let a staff mar their reputation for his or her personal greed.

let's see how they'll deal with it.
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by megacruise: 9:49am On Apr 12, 2016
My experience with FINE BROTHERS @ Enugu was a horrible one. Truth is, customer care service in Nigeria is zero. It's even better you buy same product @ the open market @ cheaper rate and pray it lasts long than to buy same product from the so-called authorized shops and expect anyone to listen to you should there be any complaint.

2 Likes

Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by MadCow1: 9:49am On Apr 12, 2016
Mkmoney:

Not everyone has dat same opportunity like you do dats why we entrust our money to dis folks believing that what we get in return is value for our money

Well, don't trust anybody..

Jumia and Konga sell alot of fake stuff. Infact, I dare to say 90% of the electronic items on those sites are straight up fake.

SLOT is just as bad. But most of these Products now have authorized dealerships and distributor stores in Nigeria including online.

Ask for this student, she should have gone apeshiit inside that store. I remember the first and last time i entered SLOT, I saw a lady complaining and the way and manner she was being handled by the staff told me I didnt want to do business with them. A friend took his phone with a broken screen to SLOT to fix, the charged him 60'k, only for us to go to another shop and see his phone being worked on by the technician there.. grin

SLOT is grossly over rated.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by popcykaylah(m): 9:51am On Apr 12, 2016
Asides the fake charger. .infinix hot note usually develop charging issues on the long run..anways pele..try and get better brand..
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by Prolearn: 9:53am On Apr 12, 2016
Slot especially the one in Warri is a fraud business, they sell phones and accessories at higher price and make you pay thru your nose for any repairs they do.

They fix your phone and remove all the nuts so that you will keep coming back to them for repairs when the phone falls or fails and without your original receipt of purchase you will not get your phone that you gave them for repairs.

I have promised myself never to visit any slot office again in my full life.
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by Nobody: 9:53am On Apr 12, 2016
Crooks & criminals everywhere...slot mgt. BE WARNED!!!

1 Like

Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by tuna4servi(m): 9:54am On Apr 12, 2016
Plenty of it,they can even ur battery and give u fake one
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by Vongsama(m): 9:55am On Apr 12, 2016
udemzyudex:

It's still fake, a new charger shouldn't come with a bad cord.

Apart from what u said, I think the op should try another charger and if it's still dsame then the charging port is faulty since he said it charge well the first time he tested it.

The phone in the market now use flex charging port which doesn't last long.
No one said d charger isn't fake. But fake chargers also do not take such little time to show off their signature. They last for a week or thereabout n more
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by dustydee: 9:56am On Apr 12, 2016
AmbodOfLASU:
Cc Lalasticlala Seun cry
Did you report to CPC? if not, please do.
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by hadura29(m): 9:57am On Apr 12, 2016
ITSaWRAPPP:
If the account linked to the POS is not a personal but a company/corporate account then SLOT may actually be the one scamming and defrauding customers not the staff as it would be almost impossible for staff to get a share of the payment if directly paid to Slot's account via the POS terminal.

Are you thinking what I am thinking?
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by shamecurls(m): 9:57am On Apr 12, 2016
Go to slot at your own risk. They just good at packaging, advert and outlets. They re no different from the thugs that sell phone at Otigba(computer village).
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by seemsnice: 9:57am On Apr 12, 2016
I as a person have lost hope in SLOT since 2010, when I walked in to their office @ Adeola Odeku to bu phone, to ma utmost surprise the phone doesn't last a year, tried gng back to get a phone for ma Sis. afta a yr plus , Sis started complaining abt the behavior of the phone. Since then i av bin pissed off.

1 Like

Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by yinkslinks(m): 9:59am On Apr 12, 2016
Good for you all that love the name SLOT grin grin grin grin grin grin when there is bannex plaza at wuse 2 Abuja grin grin grin slot ko, olosho ni grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by shockwave(m): 9:59am On Apr 12, 2016
That's very true! My Former boss once had to replace his iphone 5 screen at their place in Ikeja sometime ago, only for him to get to South Africa and got an embarrassment of his life when the centre discovered it was fake screen he had on. He was lucky his phone was not impounded because he was a big man and changed screen right there and then. BEWARE OF SLOT! A lot of criminals doing business in Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by shamecurls(m): 10:00am On Apr 12, 2016
MadCow1:

Well, don't trust anybody..

Jumia and Konga sell alot of fake stuff. Infact, I dare to say 90% of the electronic items on those sites are straight up fake.

SLOT is just as bad. But most of these Products now have authorized dealerships and distributor stores in Nigeria including online.

Ask for this student, she should have gone apeshiit inside that store. I remember the first and last time i entered SLOT, I saw a lady complaining and the way and manner she was being handled by the staff told me I didnt want to do business with them. A friend took his phone with a broken screen to SLOT to fix, the charged him 60'k, only for us to go to another shop and see his phone being worked on by the technician there.. grin

SLOT is grossly over rated.
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by no1fan(f): 10:00am On Apr 12, 2016
I hv d same charger and it charges my phone but I bought from this people that pushes wheelBarrow.
so sorry.

5 Likes

Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by iliyande(m): 10:01am On Apr 12, 2016
After posting the whole story on SLOT Facebook page, here is the reply I got from them:

Hi Ande, we have received this complaint earlier and it is currently being treated, we apologize for the inconveniences and posting this complaint online won't be necessary anymore. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by VanUrch(m): 10:03am On Apr 12, 2016
ITSaWRAPPP:
No...see how it works ..the staffs bring in the fake charger and replace it with the original while they take the original with them,,,for possible resale outside...so SLOT still believes it is selling the original charger...see!?
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by ifeomaekol(f): 10:03am On Apr 12, 2016
JeffreyJamez:

Slot is over-rated.....of course that is the good result of their massive Branding
u r very correct---jux as shoprite is over rated too.
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by coulisse: 10:05am On Apr 12, 2016
they also have very poor customer service. Very poor customer service
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by MASTERCC: 10:06am On Apr 12, 2016
If you are in enugu GO TO EBY BOY PHONE LTD
In Onitsha GO TO CEMA COMS PHONE LTD
in owerri GO TO DAY BY DAY, HYTEL PHONE
in Awka GO TO DALLAS COMMS
IN NNEWI GO TO ECHEHOME PHONE LTD
IN ASABA GO TO GUARANTY NETWORK.
YOUR QUALITY ACCESSORIES IS THERE WAITING FOR YOU.
TESTED N TRUSTED

2 Likes

Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by pheesayor(m): 10:07am On Apr 12, 2016
You are a Lasuite and you allowed yourself to be cheated What happened to Aluta or SUG intervention which is easier as the place is close to the school? Lasuites are know to be ever militant but reasonable, what happened

AmbodOfLASU:
THE FRAUD IN SLOT LIMITED

My name is Pelumi,a student from the prestigious Lagos State University,Ojo. On the 6th of April,2016, I proceeded to Slot Limited,Alaba,to get a charger for my phone; INFINIX Hot Note Pro. I was told by a lady that the charger goes for 2,500naira. After testing it for some seconds, I was assured it was original and its going to serve me for a long time. I brought out my ATM and paid via the company's P.O.S. I returned back to school and continued my preparation for exams. On getting to my hostel,off campus, I couldn't test the full capability of the charger, as there was no light. On the next day at school, I plugged the "new charger" and I realized the phone was not charging as fast as I had expected. I ignored this and felt maybe it was the electricity current that was below par. Subsequently, I realised my phone was charging backwards. Trying to get off the reality that I may have procured a fake charger from a leading mobile outlet, I switched it off to allow it charge. This proved to be a fantasy, as the battery level refused to increase. I left the phone there for several hours and the story remained the same. I was advised by my friends to go back to SLOT and lodge my complaints. One of my school mates, who was a tech expert, said the charger was FAKE; that infinix don't manufacture their charger this way. After hours of hoping for a miracle, I proceeded to SLOT LIMITED outlet at Alaba International, metres away from LASU, where I procured the CHARGER from. I laid a complaint which was welcomed with hostility. I was directed from the cashier to a lady, whom I poured my heart to. The lady called the Infinix representative there and she confirmed that the CHARGER was FAKE, that INFINIX don't expose screws on their original Hot Note chargers. Instead of these slot representatives to calm things down and address me properly as a regular SLOT customer, they lost their cool and started shouting "no warranty on accessories". This offended my sensibilities as the point here is not about warranty but the fact that you sold a fake product to me at the price of an original and you showed no compassion.The lady who I was complaining to,suddenly walked out on me. Feeling angry and sad, I left the spot I was and I met with another slot staff whom i explained myself to. She showed some compassion on realizing I was a LASU student but other staffs instigated her and insisted I should not be attended to. Even the INFINIX representative that confirmed the charger to be FAKE,was asked not to interfere again. I surely had committed no crime. I felt cheated. Consequently, I realised it was some sort of gang up or conspiracy as some of the slot staffs appeared to have a skeleton in their cupboards. It was while I was contemplating on what to do: inform our ever gallant SUG President of the fraud or go to SLOT head office,that a fellow LASU student came in and told me to leave them. He said some SLOT STAFFS do buy fake products from outside and bring it to SLOT to sell as original. He also said so many people has fallen victim of such fraud.
As it stands now, have apparently lost or wasted a chunk of my monthly allowance in the midst of this economic hardship. Yes, it may just be #2,500 but a fraud is a fraud and I will try all I can to ensure justice and fairness.
I urge SLOT Authorities,as a matter of urgency,to look into this cankerworm, investigate it and bring in better credibility/authenticity to their folds.
To the phone lovers out there, be careful of what you buy. The fact that you are procuring it from a leading store,doesn't necessarily mean you can't be swindled. Ensure you collect stamped receipts and other pertinent documents for you may need it later. Shalom.

Pelumi writes from Lagos State University. 08160156636
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by grafixdon: 10:08am On Apr 12, 2016
Those guys are rogues. I went to slot Ikeja to change my bad smartphone screen, the guy charged me 7k which I gladly paid believing they are reputable company.

The guy ended up changing my battery. the battery that use to last up to 8hrs a day hardly last 30min full charge. They are criminals.
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by olarhtunji(m): 10:09am On Apr 12, 2016
0rex:

In descending order of recentness:

Slot, Mayfair, Ife:

A lecturer of mine saw my recently purchase Tecno Droidpad and wanted to purchase exactly the same device. He went to slot & bought the device without my knowledge. Unfortunately for him, the tablet he bought had some kind of factory defect that made it undetectable by USB ports especially USB 2.0 ports.
We went back to slot together to lodge a complaint but we were not well attended to at all. Infact the presence of a man of international repute, over 65 years old did not give those ill-mannered girls at slot a molecule of sense. They were very rude. Ultimately, nothing reasonable was done & my lecturer is still 'managing' the tablet that way till date.

Slot, Muritala Mohammed way, Ilorin:
These ones sold a windows phone under the guise of Android to my Aunt fraudulently by installing a 3rd party application to give the phone an Android look. I later got to know the phone had Android support anyway. Again the sales representatives were very rude.

Slot, Osogbo:
I went there for an enquiry during National Youth Service a few years back. Just plain rude.

The management of slot needs to teach their employees how to relate with customers or they will lose a great chunk of them.
Personally, I don't think I'll ever buy anything from them anymore.
you av seen it all grin

1 Like

Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by Stevosty: 10:09am On Apr 12, 2016
Ok, I tot it was just me that had such experience with Slot. I went there for a Nokia 210 bat3 sold at the rate of N1,200 at their head office o, but the 200 bat3 sold along the street is no different, buying accessories from them is a no no for me.
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by belloazed(m): 10:10am On Apr 12, 2016
Op sorry about what happen but u need to realize the only original slot limited is located at ikeja the other one u see around lagos most of them are just franchise store who just pay some token amount to the owner to Use that Brand name for stipulated period of time. for example The former slot in my Area sango otta has Just float a new Brand name called Play. its just some kind of business strategy
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by Nobody: 10:12am On Apr 12, 2016
It's is designed by araimo but the infinix is written at the top not by the side.The is the original specification -
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by dgreatrock(m): 10:13am On Apr 12, 2016
Had a similar experience, when i went to buy a Tecno battery from them in Warri. Bought that battery then for about N4, 500 in the name of 'original'. Within days the battery stopped working. When i went back, they told me my phone panel was bad. I was referred to their technical section where, due to d charges, i had to forgo d repairs. Only to get to Computer village in Lagos, I was able to buy d ORIGINAL battery for N2,500 & d alleged bad panel jumped back to life!

SLOTS mgt better look into this issue b4 they become sluts!

AmbodOfLASU:
THE FRAUD IN SLOT LIMITED

My name is Pelumi,a student from the prestigious Lagos State University,Ojo. On the 6th of April,2016, I proceeded to Slot Limited,Alaba,to get a charger for my phone; INFINIX Hot Note Pro. I was told by a lady that the charger goes for 2,500naira. After testing it for some seconds, I was assured it was original and its going to serve me for a long time. I brought out my ATM and paid via the company's P.O.S. I returned back to school and continued my preparation for exams. On getting to my hostel,off campus, I couldn't test the full capability of the charger, as there was no light. On the next day at school, I plugged the "new charger" and I realized the phone was not charging as fast as I had expected. I ignored this and felt maybe it was the electricity current that was below par. Subsequently, I realised my phone was charging backwards. Trying to get off the reality that I may have procured a fake charger from a leading mobile outlet, I switched it off to allow it charge. This proved to be a fantasy, as the battery level refused to increase. I left the phone there for several hours and the story remained the same. I was advised by my friends to go back to SLOT and lodge my complaints. One of my school mates, who was a tech expert, said the charger was FAKE; that infinix don't manufacture their charger this way. After hours of hoping for a miracle, I proceeded to SLOT LIMITED outlet at Alaba International, metres away from LASU, where I procured the CHARGER from. I laid a complaint which was welcomed with hostility. I was directed from the cashier to a lady, whom I poured my heart to. The lady called the Infinix representative there and she confirmed that the CHARGER was FAKE, that INFINIX don't expose screws on their original Hot Note chargers. Instead of these slot representatives to calm things down and address me properly as a regular SLOT customer, they lost their cool and started shouting "no warranty on accessories". This offended my sensibilities as the point here is not about warranty but the fact that you sold a fake product to me at the price of an original and you showed no compassion.The lady who I was complaining to,suddenly walked out on me. Feeling angry and sad, I left the spot I was and I met with another slot staff whom i explained myself to. She showed some compassion on realizing I was a LASU student but other staffs instigated her and insisted I should not be attended to. Even the INFINIX representative that confirmed the charger to be FAKE,was asked not to interfere again. I surely had committed no crime. I felt cheated. Consequently, I realised it was some sort of gang up or conspiracy as some of the slot staffs appeared to have a skeleton in their cupboards. It was while I was contemplating on what to do: inform our ever gallant SUG President of the fraud or go to SLOT head office,that a fellow LASU student came in and told me to leave them. He said some SLOT STAFFS do buy fake products from outside and bring it to SLOT to sell as original. He also said so many people has fallen victim of such fraud.
As it stands now, have apparently lost or wasted a chunk of my monthly allowance in the midst of this economic hardship. Yes, it may just be #2,500 but a fraud is a fraud and I will try all I can to ensure justice and fairness.
I urge SLOT Authorities,as a matter of urgency,to look into this cankerworm, investigate it and bring in better credibility/authenticity to their folds.
To the phone lovers out there, be careful of what you buy. The fact that you are procuring it from a leading store,doesn't necessarily mean you can't be swindled. Ensure you collect stamped receipts and other pertinent documents for you may need it later. Shalom.

Pelumi writes from Lagos State University. 08160156636

1 Like

Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by 9jatatafo(m): 10:14am On Apr 12, 2016
Corporate scam is common in Nigeria
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by addinfo77: 10:15am On Apr 12, 2016
olarhtunji:

you av seen it all grin
frustration is why most of them act silly, but if you go to a designated store of the phone you want to buy, the reception is better
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by Tolubory(m): 10:16am On Apr 12, 2016
AmbodOfLASU:
Slot Limited Alaba
hmm......Alaba

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Guys: Do You Remember Buying And Using Any Of These? / Lady Loses Her iPhone11 Pro Max: "Computer Village Is The Devil’s Workshop" / Twitter, Others Must Delete Porn Posts Within 24 Hours – FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.