Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,743 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign (60333 Views)

Osinbajo Risks Impeachment As Senate Asks Him To Withdraw Statement / Amaechi To Dredge River Niger With N100m, Instead Of N47b Jonathan Approved / Rerun: Amaechi To APC Supporters, “If You Allow Them To Shoot You, You Will Die" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by otokx(m): 6:07am On Apr 12, 2016
That is how they use our money to develop their area and tell us to be patient.

If Goodluck had done the needful, that project would have been started and gone some way instead he went to do "one Nigeria" and started Abuja - Kaduna

Spits.

God Bless Southern Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by Icecomrade: 6:09am On Apr 12, 2016
aresa:

Una no dey carry last with insane and absurd rubbish..

grin

If we don't find a way to dilute the situations in this country, hypertension may come knocking.
Wahala of Naija too much.
Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by rusher14: 6:15am On Apr 12, 2016
jeffoe:
I am in support of inputing electronic into our choice of governance this would enable information regarding government are easily available and makes govt more transparent.

Doesn't it surprise you that with the overblown budget given our legislators everything is still shrouded in secrecy?
Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by Ahmeduana(m): 6:25am On Apr 12, 2016
Beeman1:
Nonsense.

God bless PMB

God bless Ameachi

God bless naija.
WHAT GOD IS BLESSING BUHARI AND AMEACHI FOR? IS IT FOR THERE INCOMPETENCY OR FOR THERE STUPIDITY?
Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by ybalogs(m): 6:40am On Apr 12, 2016
People just rush to threads to bash PMB, APC to garner likes. Why can't we just be objective for the love of our dear country Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by razzby(m): 6:46am On Apr 12, 2016
Everyone is like yoing graduates should be in the cabinets og buhari. How many young graduates Everyone is like yoing graduates should be in the cabinets og buhari. How many young graduates Everyone is like yoing graduates should be in the cabinets og buhari. How many young graduates has experience in leadership?How many young graduates doea buhari knw. Things would get better?Nothing good comes easy. We igbos are trully the cause of our marginalisation. We dont want buhari because he is an hausa man.Too tribalistic. We are one!!!Giant of Africa.
Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by Justinah4real(f): 6:47am On Apr 12, 2016
sanandreas:
Nigerians wake up. The future is gloomy. lie heaping on lies.
What single thing has this man achieved except distract us with recycled politicians and missing budget. Its high time Nigerdeltans ask the man to resign, as he has been enjoying our oil money, while we perish from severe heat and mosquitoes. This is the man that promised to turn 1dollar to 1naira.

1 Like

Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by Reference(m): 6:59am On Apr 12, 2016
I'm really disappointed with this government and really saddened by the way things are turning out. On the political front it is clear the APC has no influence whatsoever on its members and cannot exert any measure of influence whatsoever on the course of events. On the governance side of things I just wonder for the life of me and say yet again. How can a single rail line and a few drugs and other sundries be allowed to literaly ground the entire country and its economy. Is there not something called supplementry. Are there not other agencies such as the NDDC and Niger-Delta Mimistries that can start these projects.

I have always been a stickler for principles and in this case a fan of seperation of powers and competition amongst arms of government but this is way too bad. This government is not showing its care for its people and readily places its own interests above those it is charged to serve. At the end of the day who will be judged for failures. Let us think.
Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by favourlove1: 7:03am On Apr 12, 2016
tuale4u:
All dis nothern senators is not thier fault. If not for d stupidity of my Niger Delta brothers who are so fixated on Hating Buhari due to Instigation by the Igbos as a result of Jonathan loss, this senators wont be bold enough to openly admit adding more money to Kano rail at the expence of Calabar rail. When in d same speech, the same senator is telling us they have d power to add and remove any item from d budget.

If they can add and remove any item from d budget as they claim, why is it Niger Delta project that they are removing due to flimsy excuse that it was not on d original document despite d fact that it was presented to them in d senate as an addedum.

The simple question we need to ask this senators defending d ommission of Calabar lagos rail is this: All d constituency project they added to d budget were they in d original budget submitted to them? The increase in d amount 4 Kano rail was it in d budget submitted to them? All d new road linking thier states they added to d budget was it in in d original document submitted to them? If they can add items not submitted to them on d original document, what stop them from adding the Calabar Lagos rail project that was clearly successfully defended, discussed and submitted to them as an ammendment or addendum? Thier argument that it was not on d original document submitted to them is lame, completely outrageous and dead on arrival!!!!This people must be thinking they are speaking to morons!!!!

The greatest traitors to d Niger Delta right now are those fools, and extreme bitter people who are ready to kill d development of Niger Delta just because they hate Buhari 4 cheap political point.

The truth is dat Buhari got nothing to lose. He is a 72year old man who has been Governor, Minister, millitary head of state and today democratically elected president. He is already a great achiever.

We Niger Delta people are being foolish and myopic. We must protest against NASS.

We must not give away what belong to us just because Jonathan lost election. Niger Delta is bigger than Jonathan loss. We must move on and stop harming ourselves. Jonathan is a Beneficiary of Niger Delta Struggle. He was never part of d struggle. We must not destroy our region just because of a benefiary who never contributed much to our region when he got d opportunity.

We are just being stupid and foolish.

According to Peter Obi former Governor of Anambra state, Igbo are d cause of thier maginalisation because they dont know how to negotiate politically when others (North and South west) are negotiating for thier people.

My Niger delta brothers, please we must not end up like them. We should be wiser.

The Lagos Calabar rail is just named Lagos Calabar . The Rail actually goes from Lagos to Calabar to Aba to PortHarcourt to Ughelli to Sapele to Benin and to Ore to Ibadan and back to lagos. It is South west, South South and South East rail. The rail is expected to also link Onitcha and Asaba and Warri.

We claim we are more educated than the North. We brag with our worthless PhDs. Notherners with ordinary primary Six certificates are dribbling our PhD senators like Lionel Messi.
its a pity . So this is what you would tell your children? That d igbos insighted d ,NGD against buhari? Or that d housas would stop at nothing to ensure their own is in power n what a pity that some people who lack a sense of reasoning even liked your comment. Now I am convinced that nigeria is in trouble. Y r d youths easily deceived?
Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by Chommieblaq(f): 7:03am On Apr 12, 2016
tuale4u:
All dis nothern senators is not thier fault. If not for d stupidity of my Niger Delta brothers who are so fixated on Hating Buhari due to Instigation by the Igbos as a result of Jonathan loss, this senators wont be bold enough to openly admit adding more money to Kano rail at the expence of Calabar rail. When in d same speech, the same senator is telling us they have d power to add and remove any item from d budget.

If they can add and remove any item from d budget as they claim, why is it Niger Delta project that they are removing due to flimsy excuse that it was not on d original document despite d fact that it was presented to them in d senate as an addedum.

The simple question we need to ask this senators defending d ommission of Calabar lagos rail is this: All d constituency project they added to d budget were they in d original budget submitted to them? The increase in d amount 4 Kano rail was it in d budget submitted to them? All d new road linking thier states they added to d budget was it in in d original document submitted to them? If they can add items not submitted to them on d original document, what stop them from adding the Calabar Lagos rail project that was clearly defended, discussed and submitted to them as an ammendment or addendum? Thier argument that it was not on d original document submitted to them is lame and completely outrageous!!!!This people must be thinking they are speaking to morons!!!!

The greatest traitors to d Niger Delta right now are those fools, and extreme bitter people who are ready to kill d development of Niger Delta just because they hate Buhari 4 cheap political point.

The truth is dat Buhari got nothing to lose. He is a 72year old man who has been Governor, Minister, millitary head of state and today democratically elected president. He is already a great achiever.

We Niger Delta people are being foolish and myopic. We must protest against NASS.

We must not give away what belong to us just because Jonathan lost election. Niger Delta is bigger than Jonathan loss. We must move on and stop harming ourselves. Jonathan is a Beneficiary of Niger Delta Struggle. He was never part of d struggle. We must not destroy our region just because of a benefiary who never contributed much to our region when he got d opportunity.

According to Peter Obi former Governor of Anambra state, Igbo are d cause of thier maginalisation because they dont know how to negotiate politically when others (North and South west) are negotiating for thier people.

My Niger delta brothers, please we must not end up like them. We should be wiser.

The Lagos Calabar rail is just named Lagos Calabar . The Rail actually goes from Lagos to Calabar to Aba to PortHarcourt to Ughelli to Sapele to Benin and to Ore to Ibadan and back to lagos. It is South west, South South and South East rail. The rail is expected to also link Onitcha and Asaba and Warri.

We claim we are more educated than the North. We brag with our worthless PhDs. Notherners with ordinary primary Six certificates are dribbling our PhD senators like Lionel Messi.

it has nothing to do with tribe. One question for you; Gej was so hated in the north, did that stop his government from working in the north? U should remember that they didn't vote for him yet he worked massively in the north as compare to other region.

So blaming the igbos for this act or chiding your ppl for standing with the igbos against Pmb is just so foolish and myopic (mind u Gej is not an Igbo man).

Retread carefully, treat the issue at hand and stop writing beautiful thrash.
Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by intrepid: 7:07am On Apr 12, 2016
Let this man not commit suicide o.
Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by poiZon: 7:08am On Apr 12, 2016
SageTravels:

From the look of things it seems that you have problem with Reading. as a follow south south I would advise you to pls take at least 2 minutes of your time to read before commenting

no mind that mumu zombie, na South West boy wey wan claim south south.
abeg person fit waka enta bank go ask d manager say him want loan without doing it formally thru written application?
Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by Chommieblaq(f): 7:08am On Apr 12, 2016
Reference:
I'm really disappointed with this government and really saddened by the way things are turning out. On the political front it is clear the APC has no influence whatsoever on its members and cannot exert any measure of influence whatsoever on the course of events. On the governance side of things I just wonder for the life of me and say yet again. How can a single rail line and a few drugs and other sundries be allowed to literaly ground the entire country and its economy. Is there not something called supplementry. Are there not other agencies such as the NDDC and Niger-Delta Mimistries that can start these projects.

I have always been a stickler for principles and in this case a fan of seperation of powers and competition amongst arms of government but this is way too bad. This government is not showing its care for its people and readily places its own interests above those it is charged to serve. At the end of the day who will be judged for failures. Let us think.

A single railway u say? A rail way that will connect almost all d southern state, why wasn't the Kano own omitted? The present govt is insensitive to our plight and not straightforward with the people at all.
Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by Nobody: 7:11am On Apr 12, 2016
tuale4u:

The simple question we need to ask this senators defending d ommission of Calabar lagos rail is this: All d constituency project they added to d budget were they in d original budget submitted to them? The increase in d amount 4 Kano rail was it in d budget submitted to them? All d new road linking thier states they added to d budget was it in in d original document submitted to them? If they can add items not submitted to them on d original document, what stop them from adding the Calabar Lagos rail project that was clearly successfully defended, discussed and submitted to them as an ammendment or addendum? Thier argument that it was not on d original document submitted to them is lame, completely outrageous and dead on arrival!!!!This people must be thinking they are speaking to morons!!!!

NL is full of ignoramuses...when the same AMEACHI cancelled a Marine University in Niger Delta and move to upgrade the One in the North and the Northerners called him their brother where were you..... He had no plan for any railway in Niger Delta, he only added it when the NASS discovered extra 54 Billion that belong to nothing in his Budget proposal,...we Niger Deltans know him he is a bloody criminal.
Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by neocortex: 7:12am On Apr 12, 2016
@tuale4u you are the first "transethnic" I will ever come across.
Today you are a northerner, tomorow you are from southwest, next tomorrow it is Niger delta.
Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by NegusNagast: 7:14am On Apr 12, 2016
SageTravels:

From the look of things it seems that you have problem with Reading. as a follow south south I would advise you to pls take at least 2 minutes of your time to read before commenting

That thing you quoted is not a SS indigene. Go through his posts, he's a Yoruba tribalist. Don't be deceived.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by NegusNagast: 7:15am On Apr 12, 2016
neocortex:
@tuale4u you are the first "transethnic" I will ever come across.
Today you are a northerner, tomorow you are from southwest, next tomorrow it is Niger delta.

He's a Youruba fake propagandist, a lying tribalist filled with hate for SS and SE. I wonder why people can't see through him.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by Nobody: 7:16am On Apr 12, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:
Rubbish! Whether Amaechi goes or stays is not the issue here. The NASS members from the south, both APC and PDP, should come together to fight for the Calabar-Lagos route to be included in the budget. This is not what a single party can do.

Rubbish the rail line is USELESS to us SS and SE..... we want world class sea port .....there is nothing coming from SW all they want is easy movement of crude from ND while bring back nothing in return....we will support the Lagos Kano rail so that more almajiris will move to Lagos grin grin grin
Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by Nobody: 7:19am On Apr 12, 2016
prophetfire:
U re sayin de Igbos instigated U guys to hate buhari cos of jona's loss?I ask U jona is he Igbo?was it nt ur bros,asari n co that kept shutling to igboland to co'opt massob and de rest?I blame de igbos dt foolishly decided to fight alongside U serial traitors and betrayers after what u guys did to them by backstabing dem during de civil war. I told dem dt U guys will deny n backstab dem again and it has started already.stop blamin igbos 4 ur woes.u produced de most docile president in de history of nigeria.

This MUMU is a Yoruba man..... dont mind him , no Niger Delta will say such rubbish, we are together bro
Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by otil1: 7:19am On Apr 12, 2016
Beeman1:
Nonsense.

God bless PMB

God bless Ameachi

God bless naija.

Don't say nonsense.

That media pronouncement from the upper chamber of the National Assembly is damn serious.

Read the last line. Don't you see its an impeachment threat?

We need to be careful. GMB might break another record being the first impeached president of Nigeria.
Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by Uniben4sure: 7:21am On Apr 12, 2016
tuale4u:

**** If not you won't bring Igbo's in this issue. Face your continued marginalisation alone and stop dragging Igbo's along! You claim Igbo's hate buhari yet they are better represented in buhari's cabinet than your so called Niger Delta ( that's if you are not another impostor from osogbo), and will always get a better deal from buhari's government than your people.

We may have preferred Jonathan to buhari because of the simple reason that our interests were better protected by Jonathan but that doesn't mean we can't play better and get our fair share from buhari's government. Remember Igbo's remain one of the big three unlike your region that is perpetually in the minority.

I am writing with the believe that you are a Niger deltan but in case you are an impostor from yerriba, then I apologize to Niger deltans reading this.

1 Like

Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by Flyingngel(m): 7:24am On Apr 12, 2016
[quote author=VUVUZELA10 post=44623721]
The questions should be:
(1) Did Ameachi have the right to alter the budget submitted to NASS by Mr. President through back door?
(2) In the stolen, recovered and amended budget why was Lagos Calabar Rail project not included?
If actually the Presidency want the project to commence urgently, they (Presidency) should bring to NASS a supplementary budget. Why blackmailing NASS? Nigerians should ask questions. Stop jumping to conclusions.
"The Oga at the top" Buhari and his co-travellers are cheap liars and hopelessly hopeless. Divide and rule would not help Buhari. QED

My brother, am not jumping into conclusion; just to clarify issue.
Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:25am On Apr 12, 2016
GreatSE:

NL is full of ignoramuses...when the same AMEACHI cancelled a Marine University in Niger Delta and move to upgrade the One in the North and the Northerners called him their brother where were you..... He had no plan for any railway in Niger Delta, he only added it when the NASS discovered extra 54 Billion that belong to nothing in his Budget proposal,...we Niger Deltans know him he is a bloody criminal.

Amaechi did not cancel a Maritime University. Due to limited resources in the Transport Ministry, there was no way they could embark on a new University, so he chose to expand the Oron Maritime Academy into a University to achieve the same objective of the New University.

I have not seen you praising Amaechi for working on giving the Niger Delta a Maritime University in Oron.
Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by Nobody: 7:33am On Apr 12, 2016
Uniben4sure:
****If not you won't bring Igbo's in this issue. Face your continued marginalisation alone and stop dragging Igbo's along! You claim Igbo's hate buhari yet they are better represented in buhari's cabinet than your so called Niger Delta ( that's if you are not another impostor from osogbo), and will always get a better deal from buhari's government than your people.

We may have preferred Jonathan to buhari because of the simple reason that our interests were better protected by Jonathan but that doesn't mean we can't play better and get our fair share from buhari's government. Remember Igbo's remain one of the big three unlike your region that is perpetually in the minority.

I am writing with the believe that you are a Niger deltan but in case you are an impostor from yerriba, then I apologize to Niger deltans reading this.

Dont waste your Energy he is not One of us, he is from SW...he is a yoruba man

1 Like

Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by Flyingngel(m): 7:35am On Apr 12, 2016
[quote author=dexterinc2003 post=44620581]

1.Yes (he did)
2. Yes (they did)
3. Yes (for now)

The number 3 is very serious, so it is not possible to include it again? GEJ shld have stamp his feet on ground no matter whose loins is crush.
Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by Prales(m): 7:38am On Apr 12, 2016
I doubt if you read the article well enough to warrant these comments. The number of likes you got is also worrisome. At times, its better to keep your thoughts and anger in check when reading dissenting comments from others.

tuale4u:

Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by Hillzy(m): 7:39am On Apr 12, 2016
tuale4u:

thanks man u just killed it. Don't mind all those asshole senitor's, d joke are all on dem.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by Nobody: 7:41am On Apr 12, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Amaechi did not cancel a Maritime University. Due to limited resources in the Transport Ministry, there was no way they could embark on a new University, so he chose to expand the Oron Maritime Academy into a University to achieve the same objective of the New University.

I have not seen you praising Amaechi for working on giving the Niger Delta a Maritime University in Oron.

How can you say limited resources, GEJ build 12 new universities and this project has even gone more than 60%..... The whole of Niger delta has just one Maritime school, the new one in delta state would have added to the region. that is shortchanging
Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by Hillzy(m): 7:46am On Apr 12, 2016
pabloid:
Can apc just handover to Jonathan And revert back to opposition please!
Hey young wake up frm ur slumber plssssssss.
Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by Bigchief46(m): 7:48am On Apr 12, 2016
SageTravels:

My brother, it amazes me when people simply refuse to use that grey matter in their head. Amaechi has been shouting himself hoarse that the National Assembly "REMOVED" the Lagos-Calabar Rail Project from the Budget. The simple question is: can NASS be accused of removing something that was never there in the first place? It is a different thing to say that they refused to accept his plea for it to be included during the budget defence. Amaechi who failed to include such a strategic project in the budget in the first place is now blameless while he uses his own mouth to insult the NASS? Smh

1 Like

Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:49am On Apr 12, 2016
GreatSE:

How can you say limited resources, GEJ build 12 new universities and this project has even gone more than 60%..... The whole of Niger delta has just one Maritime school, the new one in delta state would have added to the region. that is shortchanging

Did GEJ have limited resources? Why bring GEJ built Universities into discussion. There is no relation. Where did you get that 60% completion from. That is a lie. If it was so, will Amaechi ask for the company to return the money?

For now we do not have enough money to source for Petrol. Yet you are angry that Amaechi chose to expand an academy into a University. Or, is Oron not in the Niger Delta again.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Comrade Mr And Mrs Oshiomole On Khaki (Photo) / Militants Playing Football On Benin-Lagos Expressway - Ehiwario Jude (Video,Pic) / Ben Murray-Bruce: If Those 3 Million Super Eagles Jerseys Were Made In Aba...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.