Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,026 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:51 PM

His Expirience With The Nigerian Police On The 10th April, 2016. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / His Expirience With The Nigerian Police On The 10th April, 2016. (924 Views)

Prostitute Calls Police On Abuja Driver: "He Looks Like Man That Robbed Me" / Court Hears Kidnapper Evans’ Case Against Police On July 13 / Herdsmen Battle Police On Falae’s Farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

His Expirience With The Nigerian Police On The 10th April, 2016. by a1solution: 5:55am On Apr 12, 2016
Let me start by introducing myself. My name is Dikadi Bartholomey Chiji. I am an occupational safety professional. I work with Daewoo Nigeria Limited as one of their safety personnel supporting the Indorama Eleme Petrochemical project. I can conviniently and confidently say that I am a perfect gentle man with very clean hands.

It is not in my habit to condemn any government agency or parastatal. But in this case, I just have to speak up. Nigerians should know what fellow Nigerians are passing through in the hands of NIGERIAN POLICE.

This is what happened: As a safety proffesional, I was made to resume duty on the 10th of April, 2016 being a Sunday so as to provide safety support for some high risk jobs my company needed to carry out. I signed into site at about 6:40am and worked till 4pm when the tasks were completed. The company provided an official bus to take us to the gate/car park as it is the usual practice. As soon as I and 2 of my professional coleagues and 2 of our junior worker came down from the bus, we started moving toward our usual route home. We where just about 30metres from company drop off point. Immidiately, we saw about 16 police men some on uniform, others on mufty. They were fully armed. They stopped us and asked us to seat on the floor. Politely I said we are very senior safety men from this company. We are returning from duty. Is anything the matter? There was no response from any of them. We din't argue cause that will be unprofessional. Within 5minutes they arrested a total of 11 persons. They placed their handcuff on our hands and started taking us away. Then I asked again, where are you taking us to and what is our crime? One of them said we are taken you to Eleme police station. When u get there, you will know your crime.

I then adviced the most senior safety man among us to put a call to the Korean safety manager amd the company's security manager Mr Guswo Jung and Mr Visor respectively. As he did that, I started notifying my men in the Nigerian army as a plan "B" but told them not to take any action yet because my company is handling the issue. Thank God for the timely intervention of my company's admin manager, safety manager and security manager. We were already getting stripped with all our belongings taken away from us.

One of the police man came to me when he noticed How calm and calculated I was and said "guy call who you fit call o. Them don prepare murder charge against una o"

Then I said "murder case"? Then I asked again who was murdered and when? The answer I got will surprise u. The police officer who obviously believed I will not leave him empty handed now said 'somebody was killed around there on the 1st of this month'. Then I said on the 1st? And people are being arrested on the road today? This is unprofessional. Well with my small status in the society, I knew I will be released but what about the other numerous people arrested too? I kept my calm and was calculating How to handle those angry guys who were already in the cell for one issue or the other as they were already saying " hey some big men dey come inside o, these once na ajebota, them must pay 2k each" and stuffs like that. It was at this point that my rescue came from my company. I called my guys in the army to keep calm. I am thinking of something already. I surely will do something. Trust me! Thanks for reading patiently and try to be strong in the society hence, u will be messed up somehow.

https://web.facebook.com/dikadi.chiji/posts/1326195154063330
Re: His Expirience With The Nigerian Police On The 10th April, 2016. by agabaI23(m): 6:01am On Apr 12, 2016
Nawa oo
Police is your friend

And the truth is, they probably know who the murderer is...
Re: His Expirience With The Nigerian Police On The 10th April, 2016. by ramdris(m): 6:01am On Apr 12, 2016
Thank God for your life bro...cos the police I know can could v even shot some of u claiming u were armed and attacked dem just to justify their usual barbarism...
Re: His Expirience With The Nigerian Police On The 10th April, 2016. by eleko1: 6:02am On Apr 12, 2016
sad Thnk Ur Star U nor Jam the crase Niagra police type.Those one @ Eleme Are Still professional.U shud HAve keep mute/kip quiet till u get to their station/call ur Management/ur Soldier Paddy,otherwise the kind Slap/beating U'll received b4 u get to their station nor bi here........... Thank GOD
Re: His Expirience With The Nigerian Police On The 10th April, 2016. by otokx(m): 6:10am On Apr 12, 2016
Thank God, Nigerian police is something else.
Re: His Expirience With The Nigerian Police On The 10th April, 2016. by lonelydora: 6:14am On Apr 12, 2016
Thank God for the timely intervention.

But please, those your contract staffs that usually block that road due to one protest or the other should know they are causing some hardship on responsible citizens. Tell them also that it's a federal road. We pray they settle whatever matter they have with management on time.
Re: His Expirience With The Nigerian Police On The 10th April, 2016. by greatgod2012(f): 6:16am On Apr 12, 2016
Many of them are frustrated individuals, and they vent their frustrations on innocent people. Can you imagine, someone was killed on the 1st of the month, and they were harassing innocent people up and down on the 10th, how professional?

Well, the NPF ain't anybody's friend o, they are citizen's number one problem.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: His Expirience With The Nigerian Police On The 10th April, 2016. by Histrings08(m): 6:20am On Apr 12, 2016
Pfft.. And govt is just folding arms bout them, this people are ticking time bomb...may God save us
Re: His Expirience With The Nigerian Police On The 10th April, 2016. by NCP: 6:23am On Apr 12, 2016
NPF - No.1 Public Foe

They are the enemy nor your friend. Bad experience emanates from this crappy and evil govt agency.
Re: His Expirience With The Nigerian Police On The 10th April, 2016. by Nobody: 6:40am On Apr 12, 2016
cheesy.....op
Kpele
Re: His Expirience With The Nigerian Police On The 10th April, 2016. by Oche211(m): 7:07am On Apr 12, 2016
Who even knw if the police were even responsible 4 d murder.
Re: His Expirience With The Nigerian Police On The 10th April, 2016. by freshness2020: 7:39am On Apr 12, 2016
Akoba , adaba . God no let us see am o. Amen.
Police is your trusted friend indeed.
Re: His Expirience With The Nigerian Police On The 10th April, 2016. by chubaotono: 7:54am On Apr 12, 2016
This is very bad. This is how Nigerian police do their investigation. Poor people have really suffered.

(1) (Reply)

Fake Mtn Staff Tried To Scam Him Of N3.5m And This Happened / Cultists Plan To Attack Lagos Communities Tomorrow August 8 / Deleted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.