Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,987 members, 7,817,908 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:35 PM

Economy: Buhari Is On Right Path – Dangote - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Economy: Buhari Is On Right Path – Dangote (25428 Views)

Fatima Dangote To Wed Jamil Abubakar (Photo) / I Want To Be An Entrepreneur, Is This The Right Path To Be One? / Dangote Building Oil Refinery In Lagos (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Economy: Buhari Is On Right Path – Dangote by udemzyudex(m): 2:54pm On Apr 12, 2016
Why won't it be on the right path, when he is collecting forex to import goods to Congo....

2 Likes

Re: Economy: Buhari Is On Right Path – Dangote by Teeboy22(m): 2:54pm On Apr 12, 2016
People don't just understand the fact that "Nigeria don spoil gan for almost 16years. You don't expect Buhari to amend it back within just a year. . .biko..let's chill

The change is here!!!

1 Share

Re: Economy: Buhari Is On Right Path – Dangote by FBLJ(m): 2:54pm On Apr 12, 2016
Deceive yourselves, Dangote is a business man. Have you ever heard him say something bad about any sitting president? the guy does not swim against the tide, He knows one policy and all his investments will suffer.

6 Likes

Re: Economy: Buhari Is On Right Path – Dangote by onatisi(m): 2:57pm On Apr 12, 2016
Why won't he support buhari,when buhari instructed cbn to make enough forex available to him dangote at the official rate

Why won't he support buhari,when he dangote will soon open the biggest refinery and be selling fuel to Nigerians

Why won't he support buhari when he is enjoying presidential support

Let him buy forex at 320naira to 1 dollar and lets see if he will support buhari again

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Economy: Buhari Is On Right Path – Dangote by HirstMOG(m): 3:02pm On Apr 12, 2016
do you expect dangote to criticize bubu before abeg leave trash for lawma. Edo state is an APC state as well don't forget that.

2 Likes

Re: Economy: Buhari Is On Right Path – Dangote by lambros(f): 3:02pm On Apr 12, 2016
The economy is going from bad to worse and some folks are saying The president is "doing a great job"?Let us all learn to speak the truth Oo.

1 Like

Re: Economy: Buhari Is On Right Path – Dangote by iykak47: 3:03pm On Apr 12, 2016
emperorchedda:
whether we buy fuel for 300 we are still happy knowing that things will get worse before they permanently get better and we are patient in this rainy days

When last did you hear of Boko Haram??
You and who are happy to buy fuel for 300 naira, are you out of your mind? Must you act like zombie?

4 Likes

Re: Economy: Buhari Is On Right Path – Dangote by onatisi(m): 3:11pm On Apr 12, 2016
iykak47:
You and who are happy to buy for 300 naira, are you out of your mind? Must you act like zombie?

People don vex oooooo

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Economy: Buhari Is On Right Path – Dangote by kagel: 3:14pm On Apr 12, 2016
diegwu01:
The Richest Man in Africa has spoken,
But some broke folks would come here to spew trash they dont know about Nigeria's Economy just because their Hero, who plundered the nation to its knees and put our economy in the present sorry state, lost woefully in the last elections.

Heeeyi hold it there!!! please if I may ask; what is inflection rate today? ok you may be a novice to what am asking you, that by the way,
please help me to tell PMB that him and the finance minister are nothing but novice to the growth of this Economy, where are all the looted money he collected from the looters? shabi he want to ban importation from other countries , equally want to export from this country, help me to advice him, ban banning banned of other countries product to your country will backfire its not a quick, quick , action .
The bottom line is : in every action there is equal and opposite reaction.
Therefore PMB and co should get ready to drink all the crude produce in this country.

see yaaaa

2 Likes

Re: Economy: Buhari Is On Right Path – Dangote by dadexcel: 3:15pm On Apr 12, 2016
hmuhammad:
President and Chief Executive of the Dangote Group, Alhaji Aliko Dangote, said yesterday that the President Muhammadu Buhari administration was on the right path in the diversification of the nation’s economy.

His assertion followed new policies implemented through the Ministry of Industry, Trade and Investment as well as Ministry for Solid Mineral Development.

Dangote spoke at the ground-breaking ceremony of Okpella cement financed by his group.

He hailed efforts of the President in revitalising the solid mineral sector, noting that the sector could provide employment and improve non-oil revenue.

Dangote noted that the new plant could transform the economy of Okpella and Edo State.

Dangote said investment in local cement plants saved Nigeria $3 billion spent on importing cement.

He urged the private sector to invest in critical areas of the economy since the Federal Government has expressed readiness to resuscitate the industrial sector.

Dangote said he would always invest in Nigeria, adding that Nigeria remains the best place to invest in the world.

He said: “While others are sitting and waiting, the Dangote Group is thinking ahead by investing in additional cement capacities in Okpella in Edo State and Itori in Ogun State. We have also invested in a 100MW Power Generation Plant for Itori and Okpella.

“A key factor that drives investments in an economy is the presence of an investor-friendly business climate. Indeed, Edo State is one of the most attractive investment destinations in Nigeria.

“The economic reforms in Edo State, especially in tax, innovations in rural finance and investment on infrastructure, have produced an enabling environment that has further provided a platform for future growth. These factors encouraged us to consider Edo State as the right destination for this investment.

“By this investment, Dangote is increasing its production capacity, thus maintaining its leadership in the industry. The Okpella six million capacity plant will take our local capacity to 35m mtpa, and with the coming on stream of the 6m mtpa plant at Itori in Ogun State, our local capacity will go up to 41m mtpa.”

The project, he added, “is only one of our several successful projects in parts of the country and outside in more than 15 other locations in African countries, in line with our Pan African investment strategy”.

Edo State Governor Adams Governor said his administration has created enabling environments for businesses to strive in the state.

However, impressed at the continuous investments in cement production despite having met local demands, the Federal Government said the gains of backward integration in the cement sector, as championed by the Dangote Group, is saving the nation billions of foreign exchange.

Minister of Solid Mineral Development Dr. Kayode Fayemi and his counterpart in Trade and investments, Dr. Okechukwu Enelamah, said government was pleased with Dangote Cement in ensuring that the nation frees itself from endless importation and becoming net exporter.

This said tallied with the change agenda of the Buhari government to substitute importation with local production and consume only products produced locally.

They said the volatility in the international oil market and the excessive dependent on importation have put pressure on the naira, adding that the government would free the naira from such pressure.

Fayemi said the Federal Government would meet with the 36 governors to simplify access to land by investors in solid minerals.

He said continuous investment in the mining sector would earn the nation $25 billion annually by 2025.

The $1 billion cement plant has the capacity to hire 6,000 new jobs.

The new six million metric tonnes per annum capacity cement plant is coming on the heels of similar arrangements in Itori and Ibeshe, Ogun, with 12 million metric cement in combined capacity.

By this investment, Dangote cement’s production capacity will increase to 41metric tonnes per annum in Nigeria alone.

https://www.today.ng/business/105021/economy-buhari-right-path-dangote
.............. But seriously does anyone think he would say otherwise?.... It is same as saying Germans are white!..... Lol! . .

2 Likes

Re: Economy: Buhari Is On Right Path – Dangote by AmAlbert(m): 3:16pm On Apr 12, 2016
Ramanto:
YOU'V ALL HEARD FROM THE HORSE'S MOUTH .

No be only Horse NA ToloTolo

*sips dogonyaro and aki awusa

1 Like

Re: Economy: Buhari Is On Right Path – Dangote by JuliettaBitch(f): 3:16pm On Apr 12, 2016
madridguy:
The enemy would come against a President like Buhari, but God is for him and the favor of God is greater than any adversary. Put a hedge of protection around him with Your holy angels and their fiery swords. Make his enemies his footstool Yaa Robi.

Thank you God for this man of valore and his team. Thank you that Nigeria will never be the same and we lived to see the HOPE turn into CHANGE and only God could do this through President Buhari.

Self consolation

2 Likes

Re: Economy: Buhari Is On Right Path – Dangote by Goke7: 3:18pm On Apr 12, 2016
tomsniel:
Northerners having each other's backs

Exactlty, they understand diplomacy better than us southerners. Common railway, we de Bleep up
Re: Economy: Buhari Is On Right Path – Dangote by emperorchedda(m): 3:20pm On Apr 12, 2016
iykak47:
You and who are happy to buy fuel for 300 naira, are you out of your mind? Must you act like zombie?
Dummy you can sulk till death but real, neutral and optimistic citizens know Change is a process and that's what we are witnessing

You didn't answer my question, when last did you hear of Boko Haram?
Re: Economy: Buhari Is On Right Path – Dangote by AmAlbert(m): 3:20pm On Apr 12, 2016
JuliettaBitch:

Self consolation

grin grin grin grin
Hi dearie

*sips dogonyaro and aki awusa
Re: Economy: Buhari Is On Right Path – Dangote by JuliettaBitch(f): 3:21pm On Apr 12, 2016
Silly zombies have invaded the thread while walking with their tails in between their legs on the street

Fuel is now N400 per litre
Re: Economy: Buhari Is On Right Path – Dangote by philosopy: 3:29pm On Apr 12, 2016
hmuhammad:
IPOB tout and an Israeli or someone from Middle east of Nigeria will always spew trash.

you seem to be very religiously sentimental, why d burning hate for fellow Nigerians not from your regioun?

This is exactly what most ppl think about the president.

Nothing is permanent, be careful how you spew hatred.

Learn to love and be humble, when it is working for you, just like our religion says.
Re: Economy: Buhari Is On Right Path – Dangote by futurenix(m): 3:34pm On Apr 12, 2016
Give me the assistance (both financial and otherwise) given to this man by politicians and allow me access to CBN rate for just 9 years and watch me becoming independent of Nigeria's forex and how many employments and developments I will bring to this nation.

If you doubt it, contact me with your financial assistance let's partner for just two years and find out.

There are people with positive life changing business ideas all over this country but can't execute such due to financial constraints.

Kudos to his success.

2 Likes

Re: Economy: Buhari Is On Right Path – Dangote by anigbajumo(m): 3:36pm On Apr 12, 2016
Dollyak:
Does anyone think he would say otherwise? It's easy to he a billionaire when you have monopoly over anything.

I don't agree with u,monopoly over which commodity or product??
Re: Economy: Buhari Is On Right Path – Dangote by philosopy: 3:38pm On Apr 12, 2016
emperorchedda:
Dummy you can sulk till death but real, neutral and optimistic citizens know Change is a process and that's what we are witnessing

boko haram? I thought they are now called Fulani herdsmen? grin

2 Likes

Re: Economy: Buhari Is On Right Path – Dangote by vislabraye(m): 3:41pm On Apr 12, 2016
daywalker02:
Why wouldn't you say this when you are reaping in billions from your monopoly in almost every commodity in Nigeria, go and ask the average man on the street who dad or mum just lost his/her job or the small scale entrepreneur who can't afford to buy fuel anymore to power his business.

If you noticed, Dangote never criticized any government. He was close to Obj, he was friendly to Yat Adua, he became insanely rich under Gej and definitely, he will still speak well of Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Economy: Buhari Is On Right Path – Dangote by nero69: 3:43pm On Apr 12, 2016
But bros when will you call back the billions in Panama? You produce stuff here, export em make good profit and get fund transffered to tax free haven. When will you call back the fund?
Re: Economy: Buhari Is On Right Path – Dangote by ogene007: 3:49pm On Apr 12, 2016
Dollyak:
Does anyone think he would say otherwise? It's easy to he a billionaire when you have monopoly over anything.
Especially when you have exclusive and unfettered access to FOREX direct from the CBN, at 197 naira to the dollar while the rest of the competition have to go and source theirs from the black market.

1 Like

Re: Economy: Buhari Is On Right Path – Dangote by Kingspin(m): 3:52pm On Apr 12, 2016
The rich shouldnt speak for us.

1 Like

Re: Economy: Buhari Is On Right Path – Dangote by daywalker02: 3:53pm On Apr 12, 2016
vislabraye:

If you noticed, Dangote never criticized any government. He was close to Obj, he was friendly to Yat Adua, he became insanely rich under Gej and definitely, he will still speak well of Buhari.

yea he will keep getting close to them for tax invasion and other juicy offer. Dangote is what we call AGIP (Any government in power) weather good or worse dangote continue singing their praises, because that is the only way he can retain and grown his assets

2 Likes

Re: Economy: Buhari Is On Right Path – Dangote by Raziii(m): 4:00pm On Apr 12, 2016
omonla555:
And some idiots that cannot reason are blaming the economic problems created by GEJ and PDP on Buhari.
Some whose parents cannot afford two good meals a day are talking rubbish on Nairaland.

Dangote has spoken and the wailers with their poverty minds are wailing because there is no money to steal. Not business as usual.

God bless Dangote
God bless PMB/PYO
God bless me
God bless Nigeria
God bless you as you click like.
God do otherwise to you as you do otherwise.
you are pathetic, shouldn't the fact that their parents can't afford two meals par day be enough reason for them to complain? I repeat, you are so pathetic!

1 Like

Re: Economy: Buhari Is On Right Path – Dangote by iykak47: 4:14pm On Apr 12, 2016
emperorchedda:
I'm a Dummy i can sulk till death but real, neutral and optimistic citizens know Change is a process and that's what we are witnessing

Shaaatap an 0af who is happy to queue for hours to buy fuel for 300 naira.

Those that said ''fight against boko haram is fight against the North'' can easily tell boko haram to seize hostilities, which they have done.

1 Like

Re: Economy: Buhari Is On Right Path – Dangote by kagel: 4:16pm On Apr 12, 2016
omonla555:
And some idiots that cannot reason are blaming the economic problems created by GEJ and PDP on Buhari.
Some whose parents cannot afford two good meals a day are talking rubbish on Nairaland.

Dangote has spoken and the wailers with their poverty minds are wailing because there is no money to steal. Not business as usual.

God bless Dangote
God bless PMB/PYO
God bless me
God bless Nigeria
God bless you as you click like.
God do otherwise to you as you do otherwise.

ABI OWERE NIE, ARA ONAPU GI?,
WHAT DO YOU MEAN?
WHY NOT KEEP QUITE WHEN MATURE PEOPLE ARE TALKING, THAT YOU ARE STILL A BABY THEY ARE STILL BREAST FEEDING.

1 Like

Re: Economy: Buhari Is On Right Path – Dangote by 4nobody4every1: 4:41pm On Apr 12, 2016
cool
Re: Economy: Buhari Is On Right Path – Dangote by Mackson01: 4:50pm On Apr 12, 2016
The billionaire business guru has spoken. Buhari is in the right direction. To hell with every other opinions. The rich see opportunities where other see problems.

1 Like

Re: Economy: Buhari Is On Right Path – Dangote by hmuhammad(m): 5:22pm On Apr 12, 2016
philosopy:

you seem to be very religiously sentimental, why d burning hate for fellow Nigerians not from your regioun?

This is exactly what most ppl think about the president.

Nothing is permanent, be careful how you spew hatred.

Learn to love and be humble, when it is working for you, just like our religion says.

religiously sentiment when more than half of my friends are Christians? Check my reply to his comment if there's anything like religious hatred. Your hatred for PMB just because he defeated GEJ won't take you guys anywhere, election is long over. I'll advise you pray for PMB to succeed or we all suffer together.
I am a Muslim with more than 60% christian friends, can you boast of having over 20% Muslim friends?
You've never met me, so don't judge. Regards
Re: Economy: Buhari Is On Right Path – Dangote by Dminister(m): 5:24pm On Apr 12, 2016
Dangote only supports whoever is in power. Go and check his romance records with past leaders then you will discover he supports whoever in power for government policies to favour his business.
Don't forget as 2019 approaches, Dangote would support Buhari for his second term campaign as he did to Jonathan.
No word from him interests me at all may be because of his monopolistic tendency.
We talk about protecting local industries by not allowing importation of Dangote's alike products into the country when in the real sense we are protecting a one man business.
Go and check the economist view points for its implications then you would have known the common man suffers most.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

4 Reasons You Would Remain Average Financially / Many Companies Will Start Closing Shop Due To CBN Forex Policy – MAN / UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.