Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,229 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:05 AM

I Received N740 Thousand Naira In My Bank Account Instead Of N370 Thousand Naira - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Received N740 Thousand Naira In My Bank Account Instead Of N370 Thousand Naira (36928 Views)

If I Spend Money Mistakenly Deposited Into My Bank Account, What Will Happen? / Naira Declines By 0.82%, Settle At N370/$ / Naira Falls To N370 Per Dollar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Received N740 Thousand Naira In My Bank Account Instead Of N370 Thousand Naira by Toks2008(m): 11:06am On Apr 12, 2016
No matter how tempting it may be,honesty pays so call your uncle and tell him what happened..trust me,it will boost your worth.

Dont let 370k spoil 370m for you.

2 Likes

Re: I Received N740 Thousand Naira In My Bank Account Instead Of N370 Thousand Naira by blueflowers(f): 11:06am On Apr 12, 2016
Why not call your uncle and ask him
Re: I Received N740 Thousand Naira In My Bank Account Instead Of N370 Thousand Naira by ICEFLAME419ja(m): 11:06am On Apr 12, 2016
08030975224 call me,so as to give. You my account details, I'll save the money for you
Re: I Received N740 Thousand Naira In My Bank Account Instead Of N370 Thousand Naira by Nobody: 11:06am On Apr 12, 2016
Be greedy at your.own peril
Re: I Received N740 Thousand Naira In My Bank Account Instead Of N370 Thousand Naira by Nobody: 11:07am On Apr 12, 2016
Shigoboy:
My uncle who is in UK normally send money direct to my GTBANK through agent, about a month bank I was expecting some money from him which I later received, but to my greatest surprise, I received the alert twice and the amount was doubled, I ignored it hoping it was just an bank alert error, as time goes on, as I was making other transactions with the account extra N370 keeps reflecting, but the issue was the my account was restricted, on getting to bank to know why the restriction I was told I opened the account as a student account and their is a limit to amount I can't receive with it which is 500K and I've received more than that so I was asked to upgrade it to be active, as I write this message I still have the money in my account which I've only withdrawn 10K from it, I'm scared of bank issue, I don't want them to start dragging my boxer, it's a month now, guyz do you think they can still come for this money? I already have a plan for this money, I guess the error is from the agent that did the fund transfer not bank, I'm still wondering if that is my 2016 Promo.
grammar gone sour.

1 Like

Re: I Received N740 Thousand Naira In My Bank Account Instead Of N370 Thousand Naira by chynie: 11:07am On Apr 12, 2016
pls is your uncle dasuki

cos he never acc for all the stolen money
Re: I Received N740 Thousand Naira In My Bank Account Instead Of N370 Thousand Naira by luciouscookie: 11:07am On Apr 12, 2016
Call your uncle first.
Re: I Received N740 Thousand Naira In My Bank Account Instead Of N370 Thousand Naira by alphamodel1(m): 11:08am On Apr 12, 2016
Be a good Nigerian. Call ur uncle first to verify before calling the bank. It pays to be good
Re: I Received N740 Thousand Naira In My Bank Account Instead Of N370 Thousand Naira by YEMOYEMI: 11:08am On Apr 12, 2016
At Op, if the above story is not some fictions, please inform the customer service officer of any of the branches of the bank close to you. Take your mind and plan out of the excess N370k as it doesn't belong to you. If you spend the money and the agent/bank later discover(which of course will surely be discovered), the aftermath won't be something you will like. Someone somewhere is already crying for this error and might have also paid this amount back pending proper investigation to know where the error came from. Kindly help your brother/sister and do the needful.

God bless you real good.

3 Likes

Re: I Received N740 Thousand Naira In My Bank Account Instead Of N370 Thousand Naira by SammyGyang(m): 11:08am On Apr 12, 2016
It's the bank's money so they don't need his consent to reverse it
blazetitov:
Be a good Nigerian. Leave the balance intact because the bank cannot move the money without your consent. Inform your Uncle about this.
Re: I Received N740 Thousand Naira In My Bank Account Instead Of N370 Thousand Naira by princeFAD: 11:08am On Apr 12, 2016
@op, first ask your uncle. He might be the one who mistakenly credited you twice.
Re: I Received N740 Thousand Naira In My Bank Account Instead Of N370 Thousand Naira by yoribo: 11:09am On Apr 12, 2016
[size=28pt]This your story is too good to be real, very fsntastic nd the banks are reading this [/size]
Re: I Received N740 Thousand Naira In My Bank Account Instead Of N370 Thousand Naira by damosade(m): 11:10am On Apr 12, 2016
brother , go and complain to the bank, it was a mistake by fund transfer officer that transfered the money from office account.. bro there is no hidden place with Bvn unless you don't want to bank in Nigeria again.. am a banker. be wise

1 Like

Re: I Received N740 Thousand Naira In My Bank Account Instead Of N370 Thousand Naira by BarclaysV(m): 11:10am On Apr 12, 2016
Nothing come so easily except miracles.. Ur 10% tithe to ma own pocket... Make i send ma acc? grin
Re: I Received N740 Thousand Naira In My Bank Account Instead Of N370 Thousand Naira by sonssyo: 11:10am On Apr 12, 2016
contact your uncle as soon as possible and ask him how much he sent to you. he may decide to double it this time. confirm first before any further actions
Re: I Received N740 Thousand Naira In My Bank Account Instead Of N370 Thousand Naira by onatisi(m): 11:11am On Apr 12, 2016
Upgrade ur account
Withdraw the whole money
Leave only 1k for gtb atm charges
Pay them back 2k a month ,that is if you want to. grin
Re: I Received N740 Thousand Naira In My Bank Account Instead Of N370 Thousand Naira by Nobody: 11:11am On Apr 12, 2016
U said the money is frm ur uncle, why nt find out from him how much he sent and if the mistake is from the bank, find out frm ur bank if it can be rectified.

If i where you i would be singing hallelujah by now cheesy cheesy cheesy

#TooDarnHot
Re: I Received N740 Thousand Naira In My Bank Account Instead Of N370 Thousand Naira by Biggty(m): 11:11am On Apr 12, 2016
Be a good citizen and leave the money intact of inform the bank
Re: I Received N740 Thousand Naira In My Bank Account Instead Of N370 Thousand Naira by yoribo: 11:11am On Apr 12, 2016
[size=28pt]fantastic story[/size]
Re: I Received N740 Thousand Naira In My Bank Account Instead Of N370 Thousand Naira by COMPUTERVILLA(m): 11:12am On Apr 12, 2016
This is my 2 candid advice to you.

1. Ask your uncle about it, if he sent it.

2. If your Uncle says no, make time to talk to your account officer. Whatever he says, DO

At least You're not alone.
Re: I Received N740 Thousand Naira In My Bank Account Instead Of N370 Thousand Naira by ebenco2000: 11:12am On Apr 12, 2016
The error is not from the bank, it is from the transfer company your uncle used. Tell your uncle so that he can inform the company.
Re: I Received N740 Thousand Naira In My Bank Account Instead Of N370 Thousand Naira by ogoplus: 11:14am On Apr 12, 2016
SammyGyang:
They'll reverse it. Its an error. Don't touch it so you don't get into trouble. It has happened to me before

The will definitely reverse it.....
Re: I Received N740 Thousand Naira In My Bank Account Instead Of N370 Thousand Naira by amtaken(f): 11:15am On Apr 12, 2016
Leviticus 19:35-36
'You shall do no wrong in judgment, in measurement of weight, or capacity. 'You shall have just balances, just weights, a just ephah, and a just hin; I am the LORD your God, who brought you out from the land of Egypt.

Proverbs 20:23
Differing weights are an abomination to the LORD, And a false scale is not good.

Deuteronomy 25:13-16
"You shall not have in your bag differing weights, a large and a small. "You shall not have in your house differing measures, a large and a small. "You shall have a full and just weight; you shall have a full and just measure, that your days may be prolonged in the land which the LORD your God gives you.

Proverbs 23:10
Do not move the ancient boundary Or go into the fields of the fatherless.

Deuteronomy 19:14
"You shall not move your neighbour's boundary mark, which the ancestors have set, in your inheritance which you will inherit in the land that the LORD your God gives you to possess.

Deuteronomy 27:17
'Cursed is he who moves his neighbour's boundary mark.' And all the people shall say, 'Amen.'

Habakkuk 2:6
"Will not all of these take up a taunt-song against him, Even mockery and insinuations against him And say, 'Woe to him who increases what is not his-- For how long-- And makes himself rich with loans?'

Please go to the bank and explain the mistake to them, you don't know what blessings await you as you do so. Besides, think of the trouble you may get into when the bank finally finds out.

Apply God's wisdom please.

2 Likes

Re: I Received N740 Thousand Naira In My Bank Account Instead Of N370 Thousand Naira by bennymark(m): 11:15am On Apr 12, 2016
They will later find out, and will debit you, if you have spent the money sef they might look for you. Had similar case when funding my open University wallet, money was credit twice and me I just lock up use am pay my exam fees and even had 11k extra, but as at now my wallet is -7500, they have found out and deducted dia money, so even if u spend it, be ready to pay later, and of course wit BVN u no fit run go anywhere.

Follow due process when reporting if not the customer rep go chop d money still free yu wit gbese, they are renowned for such stories that touch the heart

Shigoboy:
My uncle who is in UK normally send money direct to my GTBANK through agent, about a month bank I was expecting some money from him which I later received, but to my greatest surprise, I received the alert twice and the amount was doubled, I ignored it hoping it was just an bank alert error, as time goes on, as I was making other transactions with the account extra N370 keeps reflecting, but the issue was the my account was restricted, on getting to bank to know why the restriction I was told I opened the account as a student account and their is a limit to amount I can't receive with it which is 500K and I've received more than that so I was asked to upgrade it to be active, as I write this message I still have the money in my account which I've only withdrawn 10K from it, I'm scared of bank issue, I don't want them to start dragging my boxer, it's a month now, guyz do you think they can still come for this money? I already have a plan for this money, I guess the error is from the agent that did the fund transfer not bank, I'm still wondering if that is my 2016 Promo.
Re: I Received N740 Thousand Naira In My Bank Account Instead Of N370 Thousand Naira by jasinto123(m): 11:15am On Apr 12, 2016
dont make any complaint , just leave the money in your account , and see how it goes..bank self dey debit person unnecessarily at times..o boy carry go !!!
Re: I Received N740 Thousand Naira In My Bank Account Instead Of N370 Thousand Naira by blazetitov: 11:16am On Apr 12, 2016
SammyGyang:
It's the bank's money so they don't need his consent to reverse it

What if it was the agent that made the mistake? The fact that it was in account does not mean it belongs to the bank.
Re: I Received N740 Thousand Naira In My Bank Account Instead Of N370 Thousand Naira by HomesOfLife(m): 11:16am On Apr 12, 2016
Ole
Re: I Received N740 Thousand Naira In My Bank Account Instead Of N370 Thousand Naira by lodscott(m): 11:18am On Apr 12, 2016
go pay your tithes
Re: I Received N740 Thousand Naira In My Bank Account Instead Of N370 Thousand Naira by BizBloke(m): 11:18am On Apr 12, 2016
Money doubling happen for your account, without voodoo. grin grin grin

On a serious note, contact the bank so that they reverse it. Realistically, it's tempting to keep it (I too, given the state of things in Nigeria and how banks 'murder' us will be tempted to) but then, it's thievery to keep it.
Re: I Received N740 Thousand Naira In My Bank Account Instead Of N370 Thousand Naira by Nobody: 11:18am On Apr 12, 2016
Eat the money and fake your death! It must work!!
Re: I Received N740 Thousand Naira In My Bank Account Instead Of N370 Thousand Naira by Bgorgeous: 11:18am On Apr 12, 2016
Na exchange rate

1 Like

Re: I Received N740 Thousand Naira In My Bank Account Instead Of N370 Thousand Naira by mavinc4u(f): 11:19am On Apr 12, 2016
Shigoboy:

did your uncle send the money in pound or naira? find out how much he sent and the currency he sent the money because the exchange rate could possibly multiply the money for you. don't contact the bank yet until you are sure is not from your uncle's side. Naija bank eye dey shook for money now so don't contact them.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Court Okays Innoson On Its Execution Of Judgment Against GTB / NIBSS: Stop! Or You Drown Us All / Recession: 12 Ways To Earn Foreign Currency Legitimately In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.