Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,209 members, 7,860,357 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:53 AM

Four Nigerian Singers Who Can't Sing - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Four Nigerian Singers Who Can't Sing (53233 Views)

Tboss: People Who Can't Walk Up To Me Use Their N100 Data To Talk Shit About Me / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Funke Adejumo "A Woman Who Can't Lend Her Hubby N1M" Talk / Falz Slams Nigerian Singers Who Hail Fraudsters And Yahoo Boiz In Their Songs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Four Nigerian Singers Who Can't Sing by TrollinStone: 10:12am On Apr 14, 2016
SilvanusII:
What happened? Why is Wizkid not on this list? The Pathetic duo, P-Square nko? Infact almost all of them sef, except Darey, Cobhams, Timi, Tiwa and a teensy few. Fela was a TERRIBLE singer too. God! His beats, notes and dance NEVER matched. You can also tell from their stage performances. When they are not lip-syncing, they vacillate between notes just to suit them and when it doesn't, they scream and jump. No note sustenance at all.

I'm almost crying right now. Fela was a terrible singer?? God forbid. His beats, notes and dance never matched?? Again, God forbid. His voice wasn't nice but as per not matching, please don't go there. That is a musician who if ONE of his band members was off he would catch and correct the person in an instant. Do you know how many instruments he could play?? That is someone who studied music. Very few artistes can play with instrumentals like he did, they would be worn out after trying to flow along to up to 10 minutes of instrumentals. How many of them with bands can keep up for as long as the average Fela song without boring the audience? And as for stage performance, three's no need to even talk too much.
There's a reason he's a legend abeg. Someone whose musical legacy has survived almost 20 years after his death, all around the world, cant be thrown in the same boat with ppl whose songs from 3 years ago we can hardly remember complete.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Four Nigerian Singers Who Can't Sing by SilvanusII(m): 10:56am On Apr 14, 2016
TrollinStone:

I'm almost crying right now. Fela was a terrible singer?? God forbid. His beats, notes and dance never matched?? Again, God forbid. His voice wasn't nice but as per not matching, please don't go there. That is a musician who if ONE of his band members was off he would catch and correct the person in an instant. Do you know how many instruments he could play?? That is someone who studied music. Very few artistes can play with instrumentals like he did, they would be worn out after trying to flow along to up to 10 minutes of instrumentals. How many of them with bands can keep up for as long as the average Fela song without boring the audience? And as for stage performance, three's no need to even talk too much.
There's a reason he's a legend abeg. Someone whose musical legacy has survived almost 20 years after his death, all around the world, cant be thrown in the same boat with ppl whose songs from 3 years ago we can hardly remember complete.

I still stand by what I say. Someone mentioned me n actually put Dube, Marley n Fela in d same box. They may av bin contemporaries in producing world known music, but d former 2 were his betters by a long shot. I listened to all three growing up, hated all three, but truth be told, harmony and note sustenance were not Fela's forte. He paid d piper and as such dictated d tune. One of the greatest composers was deaf (Beethoven) but he wrote the most beautiful symphony after he was confirmed deaf. Because u can play a range of instruments doesn't mean u can actually produce good music sir.
BTW, while the stage performance bit of my earlier comment may av excluded Fela, it doesn't exonerate him either.
Re: Four Nigerian Singers Who Can't Sing by stevedre: 11:04am On Apr 14, 2016
Did u just mention Fela? one of His musical notes uploaded on nairaland and its was confirmed he used original music notes to write his lyrics. Is Barry white also a bar singer cause he sings with a bass? Go back and listen to some of Felas non commercial song and i bet you will agree he is the king of Afro beat. Tuface, black face,no more loss, mode 9, Etcetera, phyno are gifted artistes and lets not forget Onyeka owenu,King Sunny Ade and the list goes on n on

SilvanusII:
What happened? Why is Wizkid not on this list? The Pathetic duo, P-Square nko? Infact almost all of them sef, except Darey, Cobhams, Timi, Tiwa and a teensy few. Fela was a TERRIBLE singer too. God! His beats, notes and dance NEVER matched. You can also tell from their stage performances. When they are not lip-syncing, they vacillate between notes just to suit them and when it doesn't, they scream and jump. No note sustenance at all.
Re: Four Nigerian Singers Who Can't Sing by jojosweet(f): 11:17am On Apr 14, 2016
kstyle2:
Vic O, tonto dike, d'prince...these guys need to take lessons from brymO...that guy was created to sing
orTimi dakolo
Re: Four Nigerian Singers Who Can't Sing by gemale(m): 8:50pm On Apr 14, 2016
Sunnypa11:

Respect to you....Darey,Brymo,Simi,Bez,Timi dakolo,Nomoreloss(RIP),Asa,Adekunle Gold,Cobhams,Jeremiah Gyang and some few others are talented writers and Singers to emulate for upcoming Musicians and Our Children
I concur.
Re: Four Nigerian Singers Who Can't Sing by gemale(m): 8:58pm On Apr 14, 2016
silvermania:
uncle pls can you promote me? U won't have a regret
Is there a way i could listen to your track(s)?
Re: Four Nigerian Singers Who Can't Sing by Nobody: 10:21am On Apr 15, 2016
gemale:

Is there a way i could listen to your track(s)?
yea I did a room record, I can send it through whtsap to u, I also did my version of John Legends's ordinary people, it on YouTube just type John Legends's ordinary people instrumental Vincent. Just raw no studio stuff, thanks. Hope to hear from you. I will send my number to your email
Re: Four Nigerian Singers Who Can't Sing by gemale(m): 7:49pm On Apr 15, 2016
silvermania:
yea I did a room record, I can send it through whtsap to u, I also did my version of John Legends's ordinary people, it on YouTube just type John Legends's ordinary people instrumental Vincent. Just raw no studio stuff, thanks. Hope to hear from you. I will send my number to your email
my number is 08187848492. As for your youtube video, i couldn't see it.
Re: Four Nigerian Singers Who Can't Sing by BreezyRita(f): 11:49am On Apr 16, 2016
I support you 100% op!
They just make these lewd and embarrassing lyrics.
Wizkid has a nice voice, even though he's not been making good songs nowadays.
I love love love Darey, Cobhams and Brymo!

I can manage if you have either a good voice or nice lyrics. Don't mean I don't dance to the rubbish they sometimes sing sha grin

D Prince should be no. 1 on the list. I usually stopped before I got to his part in Dorobucci; same in Jantamanta.
Lil Kesh too. Wacky lyrics, silly voice. Davido's Aye sha gringrin
Abeg dem plenty. Even the Square bros sef, na one dey try; dunno which.

Finally, op please when next you want to create a thread, put it in a quote. That way, no one will quote you to say trash about your opinion. (Some people just do not understand what an opinion is sha, so forgive dem)
Thank me later wink
Re: Four Nigerian Singers Who Can't Sing by Nobody: 12:50pm On Apr 16, 2016
bayonino:
I totally support you, Nigeria is a garbage dumping ground, they only listen to beats that is alll..... I shake my head for this nation....
bad belle

my country is not a garbage dumping ground!! >:-<

i dont know the Nigeria you're talking about.....

Back to d topic jor op ur head is dere, well done...
Re: Four Nigerian Singers Who Can't Sing by bayonino: 5:31pm On Apr 16, 2016
juhan:
bad belle

my country is not a garbage dumping ground!! >:-<

i dont know the Nigeria you're talking about.....

Back to d topic jor op ur head is dere, well done...
@Juhan, i have little tolerance for DAFT ladies, kindly shift +delete yourself from my comment. undecided
Re: Four Nigerian Singers Who Can't Sing by Knetpro(m): 12:44am On Apr 17, 2016
thenny312:
geez u deserve a golden medal in insulting people o grin angry grin grin

I cannot agree with you more.

1 Like

Re: Four Nigerian Singers Who Can't Sing by thenny312(m): 10:42am On Apr 17, 2016
Knetpro:

I cannot agree with you more.
abi o
Re: Four Nigerian Singers Who Can't Sing by DealZ(m): 10:42pm On May 11, 2016
blesoh:

With the frog voice?

Frog voice abi but when singing its not frog again, I know there must be one Davido song u like, d guy is good
Re: Four Nigerian Singers Who Can't Sing by Nobody: 12:00pm On May 12, 2016
m sorry what?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Throwback Photo Of Davido With His Sister And Cousins / Nigeria’s 5 Most Humble Celebrities / 'Illuminati Member' Begs Frank Edwards After He Said this to him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.