Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,771 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:16 PM

Calabar Rail Removed Because Amaechi Did Not Assist Saraki In CCT Trial-vanguard - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Calabar Rail Removed Because Amaechi Did Not Assist Saraki In CCT Trial-vanguard (42800 Views)

Dele Momodu Denounces His APC Membership,Takes Side Wit Saraki In CCT Trial(Pics / We Lost Because Amaechi Talk Too Much - Defeated APC House Of Rep Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Calabar Rail Removed Because Amaechi Did Not Assist Saraki In CCT Trial-vanguard by walerasheed: 7:00am On Apr 13, 2016
Hmmm.,Una no go kill us for this country with lies
Re: Calabar Rail Removed Because Amaechi Did Not Assist Saraki In CCT Trial-vanguard by udemzyudex(m): 7:03am On Apr 13, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
SouthSouth senators see una life?

A Project that will forever benefit you all you waived it off just because of Hatred and to bring smiles to Saraki a North central Senator...

Amaechi, Saraki and you all will come and go.. but that project will benefit the Southsouth forever. ..

FEAR GOD NA

Believe that shit, u be believe any shit
Re: Calabar Rail Removed Because Amaechi Did Not Assist Saraki In CCT Trial-vanguard by rusher14: 7:03am On Apr 13, 2016
chikany:
Only God will deliver the Nigerian nation from the grip of powerful men like Saraki, who will not mind destroying Nigeria for their own selfishness. To them, Nigerians can go to hell for all they care... all I know is that God is bigger than they are

God is bigger than them.

Tell me, what are you doing to get rid of Saraki?

You are here calling God.

1 Like

Re: Calabar Rail Removed Because Amaechi Did Not Assist Saraki In CCT Trial-vanguard by Nobody: 7:06am On Apr 13, 2016
bejeiodus:
This is nothing but yellow journalism. This is the kind of news one hears from inebriated men at a drinking joint. What does Saraki stand to gain from fighting Amaechi? The Goje part even got me laughing out harder. Vanguard does not need to soil its reputation because it wants to attract readers.

Your contribution wins the ostrich with its neck in the sand award. Congratulations

4 Likes

Re: Calabar Rail Removed Because Amaechi Did Not Assist Saraki In CCT Trial-vanguard by olutunde12(m): 7:09am On Apr 13, 2016
Well, me for one, I dont see any substance in this news. The ifirst important question is " Was the project included in the budget the president presented to the senate?"
If it wasnt as we were told, does the minister have any right to present an approriation to the senate without the knowledge of the president?
Again, was their any other minister that did same and it was passed? These and many more are the questions vanguard should answer instead of this rubbish.
Re: Calabar Rail Removed Because Amaechi Did Not Assist Saraki In CCT Trial-vanguard by Nobody: 7:10am On Apr 13, 2016
AreaFada2:

Have you seen verified copies of the budget that includes the railway and the final NASS one that doesn't include it?

Those of us old enough know one person with a record of cancelling rail stuff in the South: Buhari.

Ask Chief Lateef Jakande with happened to Lagos metroline and deposit paid by Lagos State after Buhari coup.

People easily believe anything bad they hear about Saraki. Because they are programmed to.

You think Ben Bruce, Akpabio and other SS & SE senators will just be looking as the rail is removed by Saraki? grin cheesy
and you don't think you are programmed to believe anything bad about buhari.. Think man.

If buhari wants to conceal it, haven't your sinators gave him a perfect opportunity. Why stop the budget of the whole nation because of rail you don't want to see? Use this brain don't just think like wailing zombie.

2 Likes

Re: Calabar Rail Removed Because Amaechi Did Not Assist Saraki In CCT Trial-vanguard by olutunde12(m): 7:11am On Apr 13, 2016
rusher14:

God is bigger than them.
Tell me, what are you doing to get rid of Saraki?
You are here calling God.
You think sarakiis your problem? And pls what are you doing to get rid of him?
Re: Calabar Rail Removed Because Amaechi Did Not Assist Saraki In CCT Trial-vanguard by Dindondin(m): 7:13am On Apr 13, 2016
fabre4:

Dont be a fool how can they fight for a budget that was never included were they the ones that prepared it anyway that's typical of a zombie u act before u think .
why can't you guys provide answer to Hon Dogara's question?

Amaechi defended a railway budget that was never included in the overall budget so that he could take the proceeds for his personal benefit just like he cancelled maritime University he does not have the south south interest at heart and we know that
ahhh!
how can u be so foo lish & be lying?
Amaechi ll not v his region @ heart because he belong to a party his region opposes?
Ahhh.
go back to school of reasoning

1 Like

Re: Calabar Rail Removed Because Amaechi Did Not Assist Saraki In CCT Trial-vanguard by Nobody: 7:19am On Apr 13, 2016
greenpasture:

Your contribution wins the ostrich with its neck in the sand award. Congratulations
You want me to believe these conjectures being reported as news? My man, the facts are still too murky to safely say who was wrong.
Re: Calabar Rail Removed Because Amaechi Did Not Assist Saraki In CCT Trial-vanguard by Goke7: 7:21am On Apr 13, 2016
olutunde12:
Well, me for one, I dont see any substance in this news. The ifirst important question is " Was the project included in the budget the president presented to the senate?"
If it wasnt as we were told, does the minister have any right to present an approriation to the senate without the knowledge of the president?
Again, was their any other minister that did same and it was passed? These and many more are the questions vanguard should answer instead of this rubbish.

Are you aware that the lawmakers have included things that were not also in the original budget e.g. converting agricultural pejects to their constituency projects so what stop them from including the calabar rail project? Did they need to beg PMB to include their own personal project?

5 Likes

Re: Calabar Rail Removed Because Amaechi Did Not Assist Saraki In CCT Trial-vanguard by rusher14: 7:22am On Apr 13, 2016
olutunde12:

Saraki is part of the Nation's problem.

Personally I have nothing to gain or lose. That should give you a hint.

Nigeria of today has gotten to a point where a leader with a clear case of corruption refuses to resign.

Not only that, he goes ahead to tamper with the constitution to ensure his trial cannot take place or hold any weight.

It is worrisome that the common man thinks this is only about the ruling class or mere politics.

Do you feed on politics?

Now, even this message I send to you is taking time out to ensure this dodgy Senator no longer makes laws that govern you and me, of after all, he would not abide by the very laws.

I'm sorry for anyone thinking otherwise.

2 Likes

Re: Calabar Rail Removed Because Amaechi Did Not Assist Saraki In CCT Trial-vanguard by Brugo(m): 7:24am On Apr 13, 2016
SS and SE have been "doing" themselves since.

They supported Saraki knowing that he is extremely corrupt but as long as Tinubu is against him, they would embrace him. "My enemy's enemy is my friend'... That is the poor mentality of your leaders.

If APC's choice of senate president had been honored, we wouldn't have this drama today. Imagine educated senators in spite of all the evidence against Saraki, ganging up to say they would swim and sink with him. Imagine the plain folly. SS and SE think they are "doing" us but they are only doing themselves. Bitter people.

3 Likes

Re: Calabar Rail Removed Because Amaechi Did Not Assist Saraki In CCT Trial-vanguard by 9jatatafo(m): 7:25am On Apr 13, 2016
I don't believe this story. The budget has been padded and doctored. And for the Lagos - Calabar railway project, we should also remember how PMB cancelled te Lagos Metroline project way back so it happening again is not a surprise
Re: Calabar Rail Removed Because Amaechi Did Not Assist Saraki In CCT Trial-vanguard by AreaFada2: 7:25am On Apr 13, 2016
MetaHuman:
and you don't think you are programmed to believe anything bad about buhari.. Think man.

If buhari wants to conceal it, haven't your sinators gave him a perfect opportunity. Why stop the budget of the whole nation because of rail you don't want to see? Use this brain don't just think like wailing zombie.

I believe what I have witnessed happen. Buhari evidently cancelled rail before. In my own life time.

When something goes missing in the neighbourhood, Police seek out known offenders first. Maybe unfair, but Police would look silly if they didn't go there first and those old bad guys actually did it.

Buhari has done it before. I have never heard of Saraki removing railway from budget before.

For now, no evidence or copy of budget including Lagos-Calabar Railway.

A serious leader would have clarified that matter on air since. Even if visiting war zone in Syria, journalists are with him. Let alone China where journalists are everywhere to broadcast it. The matter is heating up the polity back home. Borrowing or not borrowing billions from China, a leader must calm tensions to ensure peace at home.

1 Like

Re: Calabar Rail Removed Because Amaechi Did Not Assist Saraki In CCT Trial-vanguard by kosokoadeyemi: 7:29am On Apr 13, 2016
Na dem sabi d problem
Re: Calabar Rail Removed Because Amaechi Did Not Assist Saraki In CCT Trial-vanguard by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:30am On Apr 13, 2016
AirFireEarthH20:

Why are u guys like this eh? someone corrected a lie by Ameachi and coy by saying the project wasn't in the original budget submitted. All the reports indicate it wasn't there in the original budget instead of u to ask Amaechi you are here criticizing Ben Bruce?

Are u this dumb

You that is smart, did you not read...

Further investigations by SaharaReporters however showed that the Standing Committees did receive an amended budget that included the project.

http://saharareporters.com/2016/04/11/lagos-calabar-rail-project-new-controversy-between-arms-nigerian-government-over-2016

So what is Sen. Ben Bruce telling us original Budget when there was an amended Budget sent to all Standing Committees?
Re: Calabar Rail Removed Because Amaechi Did Not Assist Saraki In CCT Trial-vanguard by Nobody: 7:31am On Apr 13, 2016
AreaFada2:

I believe what I have witnessed happen. Buhari evidently cancelled rail before. In my own life time.

When something goes missing in the neighbourhood, Police seek out known offenders first. Maybe unfair, but Police would look silly if they didn't go there first and those old bad guys actually did it.

Buhari has done it before. I have never heard of Saraki removing railway from budget before.

For now, no evidence or copy of budget including Lagos-Calabar Railway.

A serious leader would have clarified that matter on air since. Even if visiting war zone in Syria, journalists are with him. Let alone China where journalists are everywhere to broadcast it. The matter is heating up the polity back home. Borrowing or not borrowing billions from China, a leader must calm tensions to ensure peace at home.
if someone stole a goat in your neighborhood does that mean he is the only theif?

The evidence before you clearly shows that buhari wants the rail to stay, hence the need to stop the whole 6trillion budget for just 56billion project.. Now ask yourself, who is the new thief on the block? Who is the saboteur who doesnt want this project to come to lime light?

3 Likes

Re: Calabar Rail Removed Because Amaechi Did Not Assist Saraki In CCT Trial-vanguard by AreaFada2: 7:31am On Apr 13, 2016
olutunde12:

When he was decamping to APC, he was welcomed with fanfare. He was not a problem then. Hypocrisy. grin

People should get a dose of their own medicine.

If you gang up to scatter another man's house, yours will scatter too.

Their story fits their plan to hang every failure of this govt on Saraki.

Which of them is a greater sinner?

A man like Buhari who raped the will of a nation by overthrowing a democratic government or Saraki who manipulated to democratically wangle his way to Senate Presidency? A crime of treason if he did not succeed in the coup?
Re: Calabar Rail Removed Because Amaechi Did Not Assist Saraki In CCT Trial-vanguard by AreaFada2: 7:39am On Apr 13, 2016
MetaHuman:
if someone stole a goat in your neighborhood does that mean he is the only goat..

The evidence before you clearly shows that buhari wants the rail to stay, hence the need to stop the whole 6trillion budget for just 56billion project.. Now ask yourself, who is the new thief on the block? Who is the saboteur that donot want this project to come to lime light?

Fact. Buhari's quota system people cannot do a decent budget. From inability to write correct dates on letter and wrong details in budget. Who's to say this is not another error? His people seem very incapable.

A judge will sooner sign a warrant to search a known thief's house than for another citizen without thievery record. Common sense.

Buhari still has not come out to openly give the facts. The unsigned budget could have been for other reasons not mentioned. Politics is full of secrets and ulterior motives.
Re: Calabar Rail Removed Because Amaechi Did Not Assist Saraki In CCT Trial-vanguard by Nobody: 7:44am On Apr 13, 2016
AreaFada2:

Fact. Buhari's quota system people cannot do a decent budget. From inability to write correct dates on letter and wrong details in budget. Who's to say this is not another error? His people seem very incapable.

A judge will sooner sign a warrant to search a known thief's house than for another citizen without thievery record. Common sense.

Buhari still has not come out to openly give the facts. The unsigned budget could have been for other reasons not mentioned. Politics is full of secrets and ulterior motives.
you see, you have been programmed to believe buhari is the problem, No point of talking to you anymore. Continue.

2 Likes

Re: Calabar Rail Removed Because Amaechi Did Not Assist Saraki In CCT Trial-vanguard by AreaFada2: 7:47am On Apr 13, 2016
MetaHuman:
you see, you have been programmed to believe buhari is the problem. No point of talking to you anyone. Continue.

In my view, a coup plotter and human right violator who refused to attend Oputa Panel to make amends remains a lifelong villain.

Only an unserious country that cannot use its resources to benefit its people and utterly tribalistic can have such as a president. Good day.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Calabar Rail Removed Because Amaechi Did Not Assist Saraki In CCT Trial-vanguard by fabre4: 7:49am On Apr 13, 2016
Dindondin:

ahhh!
how can u be so foo lish & be lying?
Amaechi ll not v his region @ heart because he belong to a party his region opposes?
Ahhh.
go back to school of reasoning

You that has graduated from the school of reasoning use your logic to prove that he has our interest at heart based on his present portfolio
Re: Calabar Rail Removed Because Amaechi Did Not Assist Saraki In CCT Trial-vanguard by Dee60: 7:49am On Apr 13, 2016
like dogara like saraki, long term core enemies of the people of nigeria! their current action shows it....budget of shame resulting from evil pacts between FG officials and the house...against nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Calabar Rail Removed Because Amaechi Did Not Assist Saraki In CCT Trial-vanguard by Dee60: 7:51am On Apr 13, 2016
Brugo:
SS and SE have been "doing" themselves since.

They supported Saraki knowing that he is extremely corrupt but as long as Tinubu is against him, they would embrace him. "My enemy's enemy is my friend'... That is the poor mentality of your leaders.

If APC's choice of senate president had been honored, we wouldn't have this drama today. Imagine educated senators in spite of all the evidence against Saraki, ganging up to say they would swim and sink with him. Imagine the plain folly. SS and SE think they are "doing" us but they are only doing themselves. Bitter people.

Can you imagine? Even in spite of all, his name came tops again in PANAMA!

2 Likes

Re: Calabar Rail Removed Because Amaechi Did Not Assist Saraki In CCT Trial-vanguard by toprealman: 7:51am On Apr 13, 2016
Selfish personal interest before national interest......wow!!!
Re: Calabar Rail Removed Because Amaechi Did Not Assist Saraki In CCT Trial-vanguard by amtaken(f): 7:55am On Apr 13, 2016
He is one of the reasons Nigerians are going through untold hardships. He is the most selfish M.F around.

ipreach:

Amaechi is a nuisance
Re: Calabar Rail Removed Because Amaechi Did Not Assist Saraki In CCT Trial-vanguard by fabre4: 7:56am On Apr 13, 2016
Dee60:

like dogara like saraki, long term core enemies of the people of nigeria! their current action shows it....budget of shame resulting from evil pacts between FG officials and the house...against nigeria.

An enemy can only attack when it sees hole faults and flaws what is surprising is that a group of potbellied politicians are able to detect what the FG despite the best hands and the best resources on ground couldn't
Re: Calabar Rail Removed Because Amaechi Did Not Assist Saraki In CCT Trial-vanguard by Polar3: 8:00am On Apr 13, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
SouthSouth senators see una life?

A Project that will forever benefit you all you waived it off just because of Hatred and to bring smiles to Saraki a North central Senator...

Amaechi, Saraki and you all will come and go.. but that project will benefit the Southsouth forever. ..

FEAR GOD NA

ipod nolonger generate likes,its now ss..the zombies and abokkis attested to that...
Re: Calabar Rail Removed Because Amaechi Did Not Assist Saraki In CCT Trial-vanguard by Nobody: 8:04am On Apr 13, 2016
Jesusloveyou:
pdp is stil our problem, until we kill pdp this year,nigeria wil not work or move forward
Pdp isn't our problem instead the politicians in both apc and pdp. They try to paint each other black whereas they are worst than lucifer himself.
Re: Calabar Rail Removed Because Amaechi Did Not Assist Saraki In CCT Trial-vanguard by adanny01(m): 8:05am On Apr 13, 2016
White007:
Call For Amaechi's Immediate Resignation

TOKUNBO PETERS POSTED BELOW:
A lot of people would conveniently ignore this piece of information because it has effectively exposed the the ongoing deceit and propaganda. In other climes, Rotimi Amaechi would have been asked to turn in his letter of resignation by now:

" I repeat, the Calabar-Lagos rail line was never in any versions of the 2016 budget.

And we have told Amaechi, to produce his version of the budget; the line and head that captured the Calabar-Lagos rail line. This is the third day, and he is still looking for it.

There were a lot of errors in the budget which we fixed. For instance,:

the appropriation for the EFCC building was increased from N1 billion to N6 billion Naira.

The East-West road was technically abandoned, and we increased funding for it.

How can Amaechi be ranting, that he single handedly sponsored Mr. President. Is that what the budget means to him?

Amaechi said he is diligent, and not corrupt, yet his ministry's budget was over blown by N54 billion Naira.

Nigerians should stand with the National Assembly, and stop anyone who wants to pitch the National Assembly against the President. We did a good job! "

-----Hon. Abdulmumin Jibrin of APC (Chairman, Appropriation Committee-- Speaking to newsmen in Abuja)

Between you and the dishonourable, i dont know which is dumber.

How would you explain 54billion unallocated in the transport ministry budget that their 54billion Lagos - Calabar rail is missing. Who is fooling who?

1 Like

Re: Calabar Rail Removed Because Amaechi Did Not Assist Saraki In CCT Trial-vanguard by lastpage: 9:26am On Apr 13, 2016
ijustdey:
see how these thieves are using their office and position to hurt the populace

until we start recalling STONING some of these legistlooters, they won't take me and you serious

Fixed!

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: Calabar Rail Removed Because Amaechi Did Not Assist Saraki In CCT Trial-vanguard by Odani: 9:41am On Apr 13, 2016
Shame on our leaders, this goes a long way to tell us that our leaders dnt have our interest at heart just their own selfish desires. shame

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Okonjo-Iweala's Response To Charles Soludo's Article / Federal High Court Sacks LG Chairmen In Rivers State - Pic / Second Niger Bridge: Onitsha And Asaba To Become Like New York And New Jersey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.