Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,366 members, 7,812,052 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:13 AM

Chinese Fried Rice And Sauce - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Chinese Fried Rice And Sauce (24456 Views)

Checkout A Male Student's Fried Spaghetti / Preparing Agama Lizard Tomato Sauce (PICTURES) / How To Prepare Rice And Sauce (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chinese Fried Rice And Sauce by UKDREAM: 3:58am On Aug 03, 2009
I've recently developed a taste for chinese fried rice and i really want to learn how to prepare it.I love eating it with shrimp or chicken sauce.I've already bought Thai Jasmine Rice and Soy Sauce.Please does anyone know how to prepare them.
Re: Chinese Fried Rice And Sauce by TOYOSI20(f): 4:44pm On Aug 03, 2009
i Love fried rice alot its easy to make and taste even better so here goes, . . . . smiley

Prep Time: 15 minutes

Cook Time: 10 minutes

Ingredients:

• 4 ounces frozen uncooked shrimp, unshelled
• Marinade:
• 1 tablespoon oyster sauce, or to taste
• 1 tablespoon soy sauce, or to taste
• 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
• Pepper to taste
• 1 teaspoon cornstarch mixed with 1 1/2 teaspoons water
• Other:
• 4 ounces cooked ham
• 1 medium onion
• 2 green onions
• 2 eggs (more if desired)
• 1/2 cup peas
• 4 cups cold cooked rice
• 4 to 5 tablespoons oil for stir-frying, or as needed

Preparation:

Run the frozen shrimp under warm running water, pat dry with paper towels, shell and devein. Chop into small pieces. Add the marinade ingredients and marinate for 15 minutes.
Dice the ham, onion, and green onion.
Beat the eggs lightly with chopsticks, add a dash of salt, and mix.* Set aside.
Heat the wok and then add 1 tablespoon oil. When oil is ready, pour 1/2 of the egg mixture into the wok and cook over medium heat, turning over once. Cook the other half the same way. Cut the egg into thin strips, and save for later.
Add 2 tablespoons oil, or as needed. When oil is hot, stir-fry the onion and shrimp on high heat for a few moments, remove and set aside. Do the same for the green peas, and then the diced ham.
Add 1 - 2 tablespoons oil, turn the heat down to medium and stir-fry the rice. Add a bit of soy and oyster sauce if desired. Add the other ingredients except the egg and green onion and combine thoroughly. Serve the fried rice with the strips of egg on top and the green onion as garnish.**
Re: Chinese Fried Rice And Sauce by TOYOSI20(f): 4:47pm On Aug 03, 2009
errr, , ,yumm?? wink

Re: Chinese Fried Rice And Sauce by TOYOSI20(f): 4:47pm On Aug 03, 2009
smiley

Re: Chinese Fried Rice And Sauce by TOYOSI20(f): 4:51pm On Aug 03, 2009
:d

Re: Chinese Fried Rice And Sauce by UKDREAM: 10:08pm On Aug 13, 2009
Thanks a lot Toyos.I will definitely prepare it this weekend.Please do you have the recipe for any sauce that can go with the fried rice?Thanks again.,
Re: Chinese Fried Rice And Sauce by chiogo(f): 10:36pm On Aug 13, 2009
I like lobster sauce with my chinese fried rice. Dunno how they make the lobster sauce though undecided

@TOYOSI20, those pics look yummy!!! I love shrimp in any type of rice!!! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Chinese Fried Rice And Sauce by Fhemmmy: 4:31pm On Aug 14, 2009
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
i go faint oh.
these are what i called eat and see the heart of God
Re: Chinese Fried Rice And Sauce by mamagee6(f): 11:37pm On Aug 14, 2009
Chinese foods makes me want to throw up.
Re: Chinese Fried Rice And Sauce by TOYOSI20(f): 7:58am On Aug 15, 2009
UKDREAM:

Thanks a lot Toyos.I will definitely prepare it this weekend.Please do you have the recipe for any sauce that can go with the fried rice?Thanks again.,

U are so welcome, . . .well Lemmie know how it comes out will yah??

As far as the sauce goes, i know soy sauce is the key ingredient in Chinese cuisine, . . .

u can always customize urs by adding w/e u like to it, . . . .i suggest chili sauce if u like it spicy, . , it gives that added kick and spice to it! wink smiley

Yeah Chiogo it really is yummy. . . . wink
Re: Chinese Fried Rice And Sauce by UKDREAM: 1:17am On Aug 16, 2009
I prepared my debut chinese fried rice today and the result was amazing.I used carrots,green peas,shrimps and i added scrambled eggs to the rice instead of garnishing the final result with it.I also used Oyster sauce and soy sauce both on the rice and the sauce.My final dish looked a lot like the second picture above.The oyster and soy sauces gives the rice that nice dark color.
I made my sauce with beef and i added carrots,green pepper and cashews just like the chinese restaurants serve and i used lots of fresh pepper.

I'm feeling like one kind of chef now!Lol

@ Toyos,thanks for the pointers.

1 Like

Re: Chinese Fried Rice And Sauce by SeanT21(f): 7:33am On Aug 17, 2009
,mama-gee:

Chinese foods makes me want to throw up.

huh
Re: Chinese Fried Rice And Sauce by mamagee6(f): 12:23am On Aug 18, 2009
What's the huh for.
Re: Chinese Fried Rice And Sauce by SeanT21(f): 1:02am On Aug 18, 2009
,mama-gee:

What's the huh for.

Ur hate for Chinese Food oo.
Re: Chinese Fried Rice And Sauce by mamagee6(f): 6:48pm On Aug 18, 2009
Chinese food is bullshit. angry
Re: Chinese Fried Rice And Sauce by Fhemmmy: 6:51pm On Aug 18, 2009
,mama-gee:

Chinese food is bullshit. angry

Na lie, dem cook fire
Re: Chinese Fried Rice And Sauce by Ejadamen(f): 12:07pm On Aug 20, 2009
That dish looks wunnerful! kiss kiss kiss I must cook it, in about 2 months tongue I love chinese food,i think. At least the little I have tasted is so nice, organic and rich.
Re: Chinese Fried Rice And Sauce by chiejik(f): 1:08pm On Aug 20, 2009
not me i dnt like chinese food
Re: Chinese Fried Rice And Sauce by Fhemmmy: 4:49pm On Aug 20, 2009
chiejik:

not me i dnt like chinese food

Yu have no idea wat u missing.

(1) (Reply)

Health And Beauty Benefits Of Ewedu (jute Or Saluyot Leaves) / Economic Hardship: Parents Shun Noodles As Prices Soar / What Is The Best Swallow For Oha Soup?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.