Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,807 members, 7,817,343 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

Joshua Dariye Of Plateau State Impeached - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Joshua Dariye Of Plateau State Impeached (5327 Views)

Joshua Dariye’s Father Kidnapped By Gunmen / Senator Joshua Dariye Is Warming Up To Decamp To PDP / How Is Joshua Dariye A Senator? - Has Efcc Exonorated Him? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Joshua Dariye Of Plateau State Impeached by molluma(f): 10:42am On Nov 13, 2006
Impeachment Saga

Have you all heard? [Governor Joshua] Dariye of Plateau [State] has just been impeached. I wonder who is next.
Re: Joshua Dariye Of Plateau State Impeached by sunny4all(m): 11:51am On Nov 13, 2006
The executive Govenor of plateau state Chief Joshau C. Dariye has been impeached, the state deputy governor has been sworn in. The whereabout of Joshua is still at
Re: Joshua Dariye Of Plateau State Impeached by mazaje(m): 12:23pm On Nov 13, 2006
finaly the embattled governor has been droped. i have nothing more to say he deserves to be droped
Re: Joshua Dariye Of Plateau State Impeached by Bolarge(m): 12:30pm On Nov 13, 2006
Good riddance.Was looong overdue.
Re: Joshua Dariye Of Plateau State Impeached by Seun(m): 12:41pm On Nov 13, 2006
I'm glad that something like this is happening in Nigeria! (report).
Re: Joshua Dariye Of Plateau State Impeached by molluma(f): 12:47pm On Nov 13, 2006
well unconfirmed rumours have it that he was caught at kano airport while trying to sneak outa the country.
Re: Joshua Dariye Of Plateau State Impeached by uchetobi(f): 12:58pm On Nov 13, 2006
To where London? Where he is wanted. LOL. It’s a welcome development
Re: Joshua Dariye Of Plateau State Impeached by mazaje(m): 1:06pm On Nov 13, 2006
Re: Joshua Dariye Of Plateau State Impeached by molluma(f): 1:12pm On Nov 13, 2006
well he was probably off to sudan. grin
Re: Joshua Dariye Of Plateau State Impeached by Easyy(m): 2:19pm On Nov 13, 2006
Why do Nigerians vote for people who will corruptly enrich themselves? Dariye, Alayamesi, even Tinubu, the Ekiti one as well.

Why dont people vote with their consciences rather than voting for the guy who has spent the most money?

If we keep votin for those who spend so much to get into positions, they'll start to recoup their losses once they get into office. it's been happening for several years and we are yet to learn!
Re: Joshua Dariye Of Plateau State Impeached by molluma(f): 2:24pm On Nov 13, 2006
well we have no way of knowing that the person is going to turn out to be a theif do we?
Re: Joshua Dariye Of Plateau State Impeached by Queen1(f): 2:34pm On Nov 13, 2006
YES O! Freedom at last! we plateau residents can take a deep breath at last! The only problem now is the passive old man that has been sworn in to replace him he his too cold for my liking, wonder if he can perform!But at least he might be better than that corrupt Dariya or is it Dariye?
Re: Joshua Dariye Of Plateau State Impeached by Easyy(m): 2:45pm On Nov 13, 2006
molluma:

well we have no way of knowing that the person is going to turn out to be a theif do we?

If he is throwing money around willy nilly just to win the election, you should know he'll want to recoup it at some point. That's one good way of knowing that he'll steal money
Re: Joshua Dariye Of Plateau State Impeached by mondollar(m): 2:47pm On Nov 13, 2006
When will Governor Igbinedion be impeached too?
I wait for him to be taken-on!
Re: Joshua Dariye Of Plateau State Impeached by Odeku(m): 3:37pm On Nov 13, 2006
Thank you OBJ, and KUDOS to EFCC, now lets go get him before he run out of the country
Re: Joshua Dariye Of Plateau State Impeached by Bolarge(m): 3:41pm On Nov 13, 2006
Easyy:

Why do Nigerians vote for people who will corruptly enrich themselves? Dariye, Alayamesi, even Tinubu, the Ekiti one as well.

Why don't people vote with their consciences rather than voting for the guy who has spent the most money?

If we keep votin for those who spend so much to get into positions, they'll start to recoup their losses once they get into office. it's been happening for several years and we are yet to learn!

@Easyy
 Y'really believe these jokers were voted in?
This' Nigeria bro;Ur votes don't count!!
Re: Joshua Dariye Of Plateau State Impeached by molluma(f): 3:48pm On Nov 13, 2006
well said Bolarge.
Re: Joshua Dariye Of Plateau State Impeached by twinstaiye(m): 3:49pm On Nov 13, 2006
Now, that is exactly what I supported. Those who tried to use constitutional means to perpetrate themselves in the office despite the fact that they have committed glaring atrocities, makes unconstitutional means inevitable to impeach them. Who is next please?
Re: Joshua Dariye Of Plateau State Impeached by OBJ3(m): 3:57pm On Nov 13, 2006
@ODEKU
na wa o, so u can appreciate one good thing. anyway, that's good.
now u see how hard it is to remove just one governor who is so corrupt that every ant and lizard in the country knows. yet it took years to get him to book. this thing is not as aesy as it seems. but we will continue to hunt them. angry
Re: Joshua Dariye Of Plateau State Impeached by uncolonize(m): 4:15pm On Nov 13, 2006
Dariye's deliberate attempt to be mischievious led him to the shame he is in now.I had been hearing his hardline posture right from his first tenure.His impeachment should have taken place right from the day he was arrested by the scotland yard.Its a shame to the legislators for impeaching him at this eleventh hour for he (Dariye) would be proud he stayed for about four years in office.Unscrupulous Nigerians should not be allowed to participate in politics because they tarnish the contry's image internationally.All the same it's a great development that a daniel is come to judgement.We hope the deputy will not pervert the administration by following the footstep of the Demise Dariye.
Re: Joshua Dariye Of Plateau State Impeached by otokx(m): 4:17pm On Nov 13, 2006
This is interesting.
Re: Joshua Dariye Of Plateau State Impeached by Odeku(m): 4:39pm On Nov 13, 2006
pretty soon BIG B1 will start saying its uncontitutional. that OBJ is using EFCC. I am still waiting to hear from you BIG B1
Re: Joshua Dariye Of Plateau State Impeached by BigB11(m): 4:41pm On Nov 13, 2006
Bravo Bravo Bravo.

At the moment I will not label anybody, but if Mr. Dariye is guilty of any of the charges, then I fully support bringing him to justice.

Do you guys have any information regarding the money laundering presidential jet?

I wonder if anything is being done about it.
Re: Joshua Dariye Of Plateau State Impeached by Odeku(m): 4:56pm On Nov 13, 2006
WAO, I am suprise you commend this process. well as for UBA case. its a done deal, he was never charged with a crime in the state, it was a misdemeanor offense, so its up to EFCC to take action.
Re: Joshua Dariye Of Plateau State Impeached by molluma(f): 5:01pm On Nov 13, 2006
http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=63126 yeap on the jet issue.we are the proud owners of a helicopter
Re: Joshua Dariye Of Plateau State Impeached by BigB11(m): 5:33pm On Nov 13, 2006
ODEKU: You got it wrong.

I know you do not know me well, but I'm a man of integrity. I stand for nonpartisanship, I've fought vigorously for the poor and the under dogs. I plan to do this for the rest of my life.

I've been very closed to politics and media arena. I understand how powerful and deadly these elements could be, this why I've refused to be controlled by any entity. I have my own mind and I have access to credible or reliable source.

Politics is a game that is understood by only professionals. You've got to be bright to see clearly through the fog that is being thrown at us on a daily basis.

I support long term competent solutions; not a short cut strategy, which has been Nigerian specialization for many many years. Problem must be cut from the root not the branch. I refuse to see thing any other way.

How could you be fighting corruption effectively in Nigeria when the presidential jet is flying around the world moving money to benefit an entity that is directly related to the president?
It is purely impossible.
From my own point of view, this presidential jet allegation is the most important allegation so far in Nigeria and It should be the top priority for the EFCC to unravel the issue immediately without any hesitation.

It makes absolutely no sense to continue to impeach governors when there are tons of dirty serious allegations being attached left and right to the number one man.

What happens to the adage that states "we should live by the examples of the leaders"?

My reasons for supporting IBB will be released soon.

May God bless Nigeria.
Re: Joshua Dariye Of Plateau State Impeached by Odeku(m): 5:48pm On Nov 13, 2006
Well said, but from my experience traveling with diplomats, i don't even think you can search diplomats. if you look at my other post I said who is fighting corruption in Nigeria? This issue does demand full investigation. my point was this case happened in 2003. it's 4 years later why was this story not published when it 1st happened? I am sure somebody knows something. was the president trying to protect his loyalist? was the USA court trying to protect the presidency in Nigeria,. this case should have been exposed way before now, but this Uba guy I was told is campaining for governorship in his state, but to me this allegation is damaging and he should forget about that office. EFCC we are still waiting for the out come of this case.
Re: Joshua Dariye Of Plateau State Impeached by BigB11(m): 6:02pm On Nov 13, 2006
The presidential jet allegation is worst than ALAMS jumping bail in England and I don't understand why people can not see this; it is atrocious in every way.

There is nothing more damaging than our presidential jet being under investigation for corruption. How low could we go?It is a big blow to our credibility, believe me people.

For many years, I refuse to travel with my Nigerian passport. why? why? why?

I remember back in the days when being a Nigerian was privilage and a wonderful thing. What happened to those days?

A country where 99% of the governors are looking for a suitable way to abscond after their term.
A country where 99% of the population is walking around with corrupted mind.
A country where the main objective of every single political candidate is to get in the office and enrich self (including Duke and the other proclaimed saint aspirants)
A country where education for the children has completely stopped.
A country where proverty is an accepted way of life.

My Reasons for supporting IBB will be released soon.
Re: Joshua Dariye Of Plateau State Impeached by BigB11(m): 6:17pm On Nov 13, 2006
Reason for the timing of the Presidential jet allegation?

Believe it or not, the timing is very sincere.
America embraces integrity and professionalism, unlike the mighty EFCC. They do not conclude unless there are numbers of solid evidences. That is just the way things are done there; and please do not bring up the Iraq war.

The investigation took many years to conclude because the allegation has a-lot to do with the number one man fo our nation.

In short, the investigation was genuinely done.
Re: Joshua Dariye Of Plateau State Impeached by Odeku(m): 7:30pm On Nov 13, 2006
I refused to believe the investigation was genuine, this is an option for the opposition to gain grounds, dude politics is a dirty game and people in Nigeria now are using any bad omen they can find to attack the other candidate, and as for you refusing to use Nigerian pasport, that makes no sense.  Even though I have dual citizenship, I will use my Nigerian passport before I use any other passport.  A country where poverty is not accepted and is not the way of life, some people in Nigeria don't have the choices some of us have been oppourtune to have,

If poverty is accepted people won't have drives to wake up in the morning and go to their peasant farms, offices, and what ever they do to survive.  This allegation is bad, but has not tarnished the presidency in any way. Think about it OBJ was just in NYC couple months ago, if he was indicted or under investigation, alam would have blown.  I still believe in Nigeria one nation, united we stand.  and we must fight corruption at all level
Re: Joshua Dariye Of Plateau State Impeached by BigB11(m): 7:48pm On Nov 13, 2006
ODEKU: I truly do not know how to reply to your comment because you clearly do not get it. But I will try my best. Let me finish my Monday conference call first.

I will be back.
Re: Joshua Dariye Of Plateau State Impeached by tinuade001(f): 7:58pm On Nov 13, 2006
Day by day our so called politicians doing things that is tanishing the image of this great nation.

The EFCC should treat this issue as any other issue as BIG B1 has said it is worse than ALAMS jumping bail in the UK. If EFCC could fish out corrupt governors (Dariye, Fayose, ALAMS and host of others) and they could get them impeached although none of them has been prosecuted so far, I hope EFCC will do something about this.

Bt if they failed, what do u think Nigerians will think?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Quits World Bank To Be Finance Minister /  BREAKING: Maku, Wike, Obanikoro, Others Resign As Ministers!!!!! / Difference Between So-called Moslem Moderates And Extremists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.