Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,791 members, 7,810,058 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:42 PM

Why Nigerians Are The Reason The Likes Of Davido And Olamide Sing Trash - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why Nigerians Are The Reason The Likes Of Davido And Olamide Sing Trash (29482 Views)

DJ Sose And Olamide's Traditional And White Wedding Photos / Di'ja And Olamide Perform On Stage In Suleja At GloMegaMusicTour / Phyno And Olamide Strike A Pose With Ambode Of Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Nigerians Are The Reason The Likes Of Davido And Olamide Sing Trash by sirchikero: 8:17am On Apr 13, 2016
It is interested to know that Nigerians now completely prefer to listen and dance to #Nigerian music. Before the arrival of the likes of Prime Time Jams, STV, Rhythm FM and the other children of the radio world, Nigerians listened and danced to only American #songs. Nobody cared about your studio hustle.

The electronic media gradually forced Nigerian #music down on us like a mother gently forces a shirt through the big head of her child. Today, we don’t even remember how we fell in love with Nigerian music. How can you enjoy yourself in a party where the only songs being played by the DJ are American? I don’t about you , I will just plug my earphones on and turn on my Naija playlist and nod to songs by 2face Idibia,

Many Nigerians have said that the Nigerian music sector lacks contents. They blame the musicians for saying rubbish on good beats. For instance, the contents on the songs of the likes of Davido and #Olamide are either meaningless or ‘bombom’ and cash oriented. The fact that Davido is making millions for saying things like, ‘ I get many kele… many want my car but their money no reach’ is ludicrous!

The problem is, these kinds of Singers are the ones excelling in Nigeria. They are the ones smiling to the banks; they are the ones getting all the product endorsements! Davido just signed a two-year endorsement deal with Pepsi.

How many shows has Timi Dakolo gotten after making so much sense? How many #endorsement deals has #Dare Art Alade been given? The endorsement deals fly into the arms of the artistes singing songs that do nothing but corrupt even a prostitute.

Now my point. The Nigerian musicians are real businessmen! They are doing what every businessman would do -supply a demand! The Nigerian market loves the contents, it is going crazy with these meaningless dance tracks. It is only a mad man who would see an opportunity to legitimately make millions and refuse to jump into it.

The Nigerian music consumers are to blame for the low content quality the artists churn out on a daily basis. We are hypocritical in this part of the world, we say something else and do the exact opposite. If the artiste find out that no one is buying their junks, they will take time to create quality contents. They will never do that if we continue to give their shows sold out status and make them most downloaded artists of the month. Vote them as the winners of the album and artist of the year awards. If we continue this way then we might as well tell good music to rest in peace!

The only assurance the likes of 2face Idibia , Timi Dakolo, Dare Art Alade have is the longevity power their works have. The songs will out live them for sure. The likes of Olamide and Davido can’t leave a valuable catalogue for their descendants as inheritance because nobody would be buying any shit from them in 50 years.

Pas Chikero.

http://www.pas360.com/male-celebrities/why-nigerians-are-the-reason-the-likes-of-davido-and-olamide-sing-trash/

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Nigerians Are The Reason The Likes Of Davido And Olamide Sing Trash by Nobody: 8:24am On Apr 13, 2016
Very true

Even daggrin or wteva way better dan dat olamide guy his like .. An agbero .. Trust me he wont be signed to no western label anytime soon .. Best blive angry

Wizkid aint bad

Davido tho he sings nonsense chics money finish ... But his very commercial .. doesn't sound like one tout

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Nigerians Are The Reason The Likes Of Davido And Olamide Sing Trash by Tocheagle(m): 8:25am On Apr 13, 2016
the fact is , people dont like vegetables, they prefare junk foods . MUSIC IS A FOOD OF THE MIND

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerians Are The Reason The Likes Of Davido And Olamide Sing Trash by Kanyekels(m): 8:33am On Apr 13, 2016
@ OP.... Please are you a music producer?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerians Are The Reason The Likes Of Davido And Olamide Sing Trash by Nobody: 8:49am On Apr 13, 2016
can I blif u
Re: Why Nigerians Are The Reason The Likes Of Davido And Olamide Sing Trash by Hybrid01: 10:01am On Apr 13, 2016
So wizkid doesn't sing trash right? Open and close;expensive sh*t;bombay;in my bed etc. How about all the as* grabbing in his videos I would rather listen to GT,Asa,Timi Dakolo,Darey and so on. Most Nigerian musicians just sing to get money and it's not a must to listen to their songs. They are even ambassadors of companies.
Wizkid's videos are x-rated.

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerians Are The Reason The Likes Of Davido And Olamide Sing Trash by mars123(m): 12:34pm On Apr 13, 2016
I'm pretty sure MOST of Nigeria's youth and oldies too can relate with olamide, davido et al. so it's all about connecting your music to how the people are thinking and in return those who like your lifestyle become fans.

so the artistes singing the more meaningful songs unfortunately hasn't been able to connect as good as the 'top' artistes have.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerians Are The Reason The Likes Of Davido And Olamide Sing Trash by Nobody: 3:19pm On Apr 13, 2016
I am working to become not just an artist but a legendary one someday. And I won't sing trash but will still have endorsements. To me the likes of timi and darey with great vocal ability aren't doing much,that's the reason we think good music can't sell

11 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Are The Reason The Likes Of Davido And Olamide Sing Trash by TrollinStone: 9:14am On Apr 14, 2016
Tocheagle:
the fact is , people dont like vegetables, they prefare junk foods . MUSIC IS A FOOD OF THE MIND

Yup. Thats why after making noise abt how artistes say rubbish on good beats they will still carry themselves to Eko hotel to watch the likes of Wizkid n Davido perform but will never be at a show of ppl like Darey, Timi Dakolo, Asa, Waje or Aramide. These noisemakers make millions because you give it to them. Some ppl here r even Small Doctor fans undecided

19 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Are The Reason The Likes Of Davido And Olamide Sing Trash by Nobody: 1:55pm On Apr 14, 2016
There is music for boys and men.

Asa and Modenine... Remains my best sha.

6 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Are The Reason The Likes Of Davido And Olamide Sing Trash by richidinho(m): 1:55pm On Apr 14, 2016
You prefer American Music because you dont hear the trash they also sing e.g

Akon Ft Snoop Dog - You already know i want fvck you grin

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerians Are The Reason The Likes Of Davido And Olamide Sing Trash by ettaetta(m): 1:55pm On Apr 14, 2016
You have said it all, Nigerians love rubbish lyrics thats why every artiste is following the trend of singing rubbish, because that is what sells. Me sef don join lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iq_pkXsMv8

6 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Are The Reason The Likes Of Davido And Olamide Sing Trash by DEXTROVERT: 1:56pm On Apr 14, 2016
I don't know what to comment except with these literature

Who
Op
Epp
??

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Nigerians Are The Reason The Likes Of Davido And Olamide Sing Trash by Gwan2(m): 1:57pm On Apr 14, 2016
This issue has been overflogged bt unfortunately we have metamorphose to an era we can't help it as individuals...e.g.....ever since Wizkid dropped dat tweet sh:it against Linda Ikeji, my fanship 4 him drop significantly....I lost respect 4 him tremendously.....
Ironically.....I heard Widkid song in a club (d song dj jimmy jatt featured him) and I couldn't help going gaga over dat song....so is more of ur body aligning to d beats on a song subconsciously notwithstanding whether u lyk d artist or not.l
I think the onus is on d multinational company's.....Imagine Wizkid still branding som company after those vulgar response on tweeter...dat was an insult to generality of womanhood dat shld hav tot him a bitter lesson.

5 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Are The Reason The Likes Of Davido And Olamide Sing Trash by gaburiel(m): 1:57pm On Apr 14, 2016
What is this popycock doing on front page?
Re: Why Nigerians Are The Reason The Likes Of Davido And Olamide Sing Trash by menacetosociety: 1:57pm On Apr 14, 2016
It's IPOB again grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Nigerians Are The Reason The Likes Of Davido And Olamide Sing Trash by emir99(m): 1:58pm On Apr 14, 2016
Na u know
Re: Why Nigerians Are The Reason The Likes Of Davido And Olamide Sing Trash by Nobody: 1:58pm On Apr 14, 2016
undecided
Re: Why Nigerians Are The Reason The Likes Of Davido And Olamide Sing Trash by Loyalblak007(f): 1:59pm On Apr 14, 2016
So True...
Not only David,Olamide......

Kesh too

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Are The Reason The Likes Of Davido And Olamide Sing Trash by lawyer(m): 1:59pm On Apr 14, 2016
Absolute nonsense. What of American hiphop artists that sing Thrash but make millions selling such nonsense. When Nikki Minaj sang 'Anaconda', did you complain about the lewdness and ridiculousness of the song? I am sure you had it on your play list and bopped to it everytime you put your earphones into your ears. Does that mean Americans should be blamed for the low quality of the message of the song and should be bashed for liking it? What about people like Jay Z, Tupac, Biggie, Lil Wayne and a host of gangstar rappers that sing songs about shooting nigg**s, ghetto violence and calling women Bitches? Should the American consumer also be blamed too?

Bottomline is that music these days is all about commercialization. People invest in these artists and they expect to get their returns back. People pay for studio time, music videos, producers, directors, cd printing, managers, dj, vjs, lawyers, managers etc and its costs a lot of money to produce a single song. If at the end of the day they have to sing low quality songs that people like to get their returns so be it. Are you the one feeding their families or paying for all the things i listed above? Please free Olamide and Davido. As long as people are ready to dance "Shoki and Aiye" all the day long, Nigerians are fine with the thrash they sing.

Besides with all the fuel scarcity and Hardship Nigerians are facing daily, who wants to listen to melodious Dare Art Alade Song now to add to my sorrows? I would rather listen to a thrashy "shakiti bobo" song that would make me forget my problems.

50 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Why Nigerians Are The Reason The Likes Of Davido And Olamide Sing Trash by buzquet(m): 1:59pm On Apr 14, 2016
Not all musician will sing like or listen to Rkelly, Celine dion , Adele 2BABA n co. music is d food of soul. i will dance n listen to whatever music my mind love . if everybody is doing d same thing , d life will b a boring place to live

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Nigerians Are The Reason The Likes Of Davido And Olamide Sing Trash by kimnicki(f): 2:00pm On Apr 14, 2016
they making their money
Re: Why Nigerians Are The Reason The Likes Of Davido And Olamide Sing Trash by donkross1(m): 2:00pm On Apr 14, 2016
'Olamide sings like an agebro'

Seriously are you guys not tired of using that line, he even concurred that he is an agbero, what else do you want ? You want him to change his style cos of you? undecided

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Nigerians Are The Reason The Likes Of Davido And Olamide Sing Trash by Norajones(f): 2:01pm On Apr 14, 2016
Most Nigerian songs are just noise and Nigerians love noise.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Are The Reason The Likes Of Davido And Olamide Sing Trash by olupapparazy(m): 2:01pm On Apr 14, 2016
Ola has broken dt barrier. He sings all genres

7 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Are The Reason The Likes Of Davido And Olamide Sing Trash by kingDELE(m): 2:01pm On Apr 14, 2016
mumu OP, shee Na yuh dey give MB wea I dey use download Olamide and Davido songs if he pain u say dem dey sale, go die 4 bush.

I c many mumu pple's comment just like d OP..
plz where is it written dat a music must educate yuh der are some music meant to just entertain yuh and noting more......

Chai, oga OP, if u don't stop hating pple's success, walai u no go progress 4 dis life o.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Nigerians Are The Reason The Likes Of Davido And Olamide Sing Trash by Nobody: 2:01pm On Apr 14, 2016
They sing trash and yet they make their cash. Mr OP go and sing your own trash too if you think it is easy...bad belle.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Nigerians Are The Reason The Likes Of Davido And Olamide Sing Trash by richidinho(m): 2:01pm On Apr 14, 2016
Hybrid01:
So wizkid doesn't sing trash right? Open and close;expensive sh*t;bombay;in my bed etc. How about all the as* grabbing in his videos I would rather listen to GT,Asa,Timi Dakolo,Darey and so on. Most Nigerian musicians just sing to get money and it's not a must to listen to their songs. They are even ambassadors of companies.

everybody cannot listen to same line of music bro

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Nigerians Are The Reason The Likes Of Davido And Olamide Sing Trash by slytubadth(m): 2:02pm On Apr 14, 2016
i will always respect olamide for this song "Responsibility" dude made sense with this song die.

4 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Are The Reason The Likes Of Davido And Olamide Sing Trash by Nobody: 2:02pm On Apr 14, 2016
I
Re: Why Nigerians Are The Reason The Likes Of Davido And Olamide Sing Trash by Mcowubaba: 2:02pm On Apr 14, 2016
Hybrid01:
hmmmm

What people like u nd the Op has failed to acknowledge is that one man's food is another man's poison,...... Every abokki with him own kettle..
We can't all love Asa, Timi Dakolo or classic, R&B, pop, jazz....
We shouldn't force our likes on others, we should learn to be liberal nd open-minded....
X-rated videos are matters of morals, religious beliefs nd ethics....
Wizkid no force u to watch him Video
I for example love rock, electric, alternative pop, rap, classic R&B, nd I don't expect every1 to be like me.....
I rarely watch Nollywood movies, i am not against it, it's just not my thing....
I can never watch telemundo, but I have bought a telemundo series for a friend before, because I respect people's preferences.... Learn to do so...

Ps.. I don't even have a single Wizkid song on my phone, but I like the guy, he just doesn't sing my type of song, but that won't make me castigate him....

24 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tonto Dikeh Accused Of Opening Fake Instagram Accounts To Attack Husband / Joke Silva & Olu Jacobs Throwback Photos / Wizkid Celebrates 33rd Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.