Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

Why Nigerians Are The Reason The Likes Of Davido And Olamide Sing Trash - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why Nigerians Are The Reason The Likes Of Davido And Olamide Sing Trash (29519 Views)

DJ Sose And Olamide's Traditional And White Wedding Photos / Di'ja And Olamide Perform On Stage In Suleja At GloMegaMusicTour / Phyno And Olamide Strike A Pose With Ambode Of Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Nigerians Are The Reason The Likes Of Davido And Olamide Sing Trash by Arclan07: 3:43pm On Apr 14, 2016
Blame it on Kenny oguungbe n dayo adeneye of Kenny's music n prime time what ever,this duo are culpable for this social malady we currently face in our music industries they promote craps n celebrate nonsensical music n killed the once beautiful music we listen to back then ,do you want to compare the likes of jide obi,dizzy k falola,Chris okotie,Dora ifudu,Barbra soki,blackky n many more melodious Nigerian musician of those good old days to what we have now,it's a hell no,this r guys u would understand the lyrics of their music n on like d crap d kids of nowadays emits n call music.what a pity.
Re: Why Nigerians Are The Reason The Likes Of Davido And Olamide Sing Trash by Nobody: 3:46pm On Apr 14, 2016
kingDELE:
if music can reduce yur IQ, den u are destined to b dull..... I fear 4 yur children
"Nigerian music" don't get it twisted. I'm trying to be polite here.
Re: Why Nigerians Are The Reason The Likes Of Davido And Olamide Sing Trash by Nobody: 3:49pm On Apr 14, 2016
NigerianScholar:

You need help. I just dont want to start insulting you. But the truth is that...you are saying rubbish
say what's on your mind i won't bite yo!
Re: Why Nigerians Are The Reason The Likes Of Davido And Olamide Sing Trash by hyperflex(m): 3:50pm On Apr 14, 2016
The logic of music from day one is if ladies love your song. Naija babes don't like sense making songs unless its by international. Adele, Trey Songs and the rest. Any song that doesn't promote their vanity is counted as boring. Money , sex etc. Once babes like ur song e don blow. Men only follow suit. That logic will prevail till Jesus comes. The state of mind right now is a thirst for money n sex n any song promoting that is gonna sell. Girls can't Twerk to Timi Dakolo- wish me well. They listen to that in their lonely times. Lol.
Re: Why Nigerians Are The Reason The Likes Of Davido And Olamide Sing Trash by Nobody: 3:55pm On Apr 14, 2016
barcaboi:

sorry to disappoint you; he's signed to Ciroc owned by Sean Combs aka P.diddy and also Etisalat owned by arabs so what were you saying again?...who western label don epp
Lol seen grin
E no epp anybody oh no mind dem ..

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Are The Reason The Likes Of Davido And Olamide Sing Trash by barcaboi(m): 4:10pm On Apr 14, 2016
BumBae:
Lol seen grin E no epp anybody oh no mind dem ..
lol....
Re: Why Nigerians Are The Reason The Likes Of Davido And Olamide Sing Trash by kristisking(m): 4:16pm On Apr 14, 2016
Good post. I do wonder what exactly those people listening to those rubish do gain from them. These people do not make any sense in most cases, yet they are being celebrated. People singing good music have been relegated to the background and I keep asking where are we heading to if the youths who are the leaders of tomorrow engage in such. I think NCC has alot to do by banning those musicians and their songs.
Re: Why Nigerians Are The Reason The Likes Of Davido And Olamide Sing Trash by maryhaam(f): 4:21pm On Apr 14, 2016
TrollinStone:

Yup. Thats why after making noise abt how artistes say rubbish on good beats they will still carry themselves to Eko hotel to watch the likes of Wizkid n Davido perform but will never be at a show of ppl like Darey, Timi Dakolo, Asa, Waje or Aramide. These noisemakers make millions because you give it to them. Some ppl here r even Small Doctor fans undecided
Lmao on fans of small doctors.
Re: Why Nigerians Are The Reason The Likes Of Davido And Olamide Sing Trash by Timoodi: 4:31pm On Apr 14, 2016
pls respect olamide, he is the best artist currently in Nigeria now! the most wack of all wack is WizKid, just that he have a good voice
Re: Why Nigerians Are The Reason The Likes Of Davido And Olamide Sing Trash by Donsammi(m): 5:02pm On Apr 14, 2016
Mcowubaba:
hmmmm

What people like u nd the Op has failed to acknowledge is that one man's food is another man's poison,...... Every abokki with him own kettle..
We can't all love Asa, Timi Dakolo or classic, R&B, pop, jazz....
We shouldn't force our likes on others, we should learn to be liberal nd open-minded....
X-rated videos are matters of morals, religious beliefs nd ethics....
Wizkid no force u to watch him Video
I for example love rock, electric, alternative pop, rap, classic R&B, nd I don't expect every1 to be like me.....
I rarely watch Nollywood movies, i am not against it, it's just not my thing....
I can never watch telemundo, but I have bought a telemundo series for a friend before, because I respect people's preferences.... Learn to do so...

Ps.. I don't even have a single Wizkid song on my phone, but I like the guy, he just doesn't sing my type of song, but that won't make me castigate him....
post of the day

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Are The Reason The Likes Of Davido And Olamide Sing Trash by Fanirandele: 5:06pm On Apr 14, 2016
donkross1:
'Olamide sings like an agebro'

Seriously are you guys not tired of using that line, he even concurred that he is an agbero, what else do you want ? You want him to change his style cos of you? undecided

Are Agberos.not people That's why he will keep making money, their are more of the Street type than the Dare and Timi. type

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Are The Reason The Likes Of Davido And Olamide Sing Trash by ShugaAnnie: 5:12pm On Apr 14, 2016
mars123:
I'm pretty sure MOST of Nigeria's youth and oldies too can relate with olamide, davido et al. so it's all about connecting your music to how the people are thinking and in return those who like your lifestyle become fans.

so the artistes singing the more meaningful songs unfortunately hasn't been able to connect as good as the 'top' artistes have.
u lie!
Re: Why Nigerians Are The Reason The Likes Of Davido And Olamide Sing Trash by donkross1(m): 5:33pm On Apr 14, 2016
Fanirandele:

Are Agberos.not people That's why he will keep making money, their are more of the Street type than the Dare and Timi. type

No be lie baba. Even me na agbero cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Are The Reason The Likes Of Davido And Olamide Sing Trash by OKorowanta: 5:46pm On Apr 14, 2016
Hybrid01:
So wizkid doesn't sing trash right? Open and close;expensive sh*t;bombay;in my bed etc. How about all the as* grabbing in his videos I would rather listen to GT,Asa,Timi Dakolo,Darey and so on. Most Nigerian musicians just sing to get money and it's not a must to listen to their songs. They are even ambassadors of companies.
Wizkid's videos are x-rated.

Completely true but some of Wizkid songs are exceptional and inspirational like Joy,Ojuelegba etc
Maybe dats why some feel he's not dat bad a musician.
Re: Why Nigerians Are The Reason The Likes Of Davido And Olamide Sing Trash by Orion21: 5:58pm On Apr 14, 2016
Hehehe!...
No rapper
i say no rapper ..
I repeat again NO RAPPER.. Don do show insyd Eko hotel shut down err wher if u lie........

Gimme d money eeh.. Biko..
Re: Why Nigerians Are The Reason The Likes Of Davido And Olamide Sing Trash by Nobody: 5:59pm On Apr 14, 2016
martineverest:
sorry,tuface does not make good music
u re a joke 4 what u just said
Re: Why Nigerians Are The Reason The Likes Of Davido And Olamide Sing Trash by Nobody: 6:04pm On Apr 14, 2016
hyperflex:
The logic of music from day one is if ladies love your song. Naija babes don't like sense making songs unless its by international. Adele, Trey Songs and the rest. Any song that doesn't promote their vanity is counted as boring. Money , sex etc. Once babes like ur song e don blow. Men only follow suit. That logic will prevail till Jesus comes. The state of mind right now is a thirst for money n sex n any song promoting that is gonna sell. Girls can't Twerk to Timi Dakolo- wish me well. They listen to that in their lonely times. Lol.
u r 100% correct
Re: Why Nigerians Are The Reason The Likes Of Davido And Olamide Sing Trash by jarmy: 6:07pm On Apr 14, 2016
lawyer:
Absolute nonsense. What of American hiphop artists that sing Thrash but make millions selling such nonsense. When Nikki Minaj sang 'Anaconda', did you complain about the lewdness and ridiculousness of the song? I am sure you had it on your play list and bopped to it everytime you put your earphones into your ears. Does that mean Americans should be blamed for the low quality of the message of the song and should be bashed for liking it? What about people like Jay Z, Tupac, Biggie, Lil Wayne and a host of gangstar rappers that sing songs about shooting nigg**s, ghetto violence and calling women Bitches? Should the American consumer also be blamed too?

Bottomline is that music these days is all about commercialization. People invest in these artists and they expect to get their returns back. People pay for studio time, music videos, producers, directors, cd printing, managers, dj, vjs, lawyers, managers etc and its costs a lot of money to produce a single song. If at the end of the day they have to sing low quality songs that people like to get their returns so be it. Are you the one feeding their families or paying for all the things i listed above? Please free Olamide and Davido. As long as people are ready to dance "Shoki and Aiye" all the day long, Nigerians are fine with the thrash they sing.

Besides with all the fuel scarcity and Hardship Nigerians are facing daily, who wants to listen to melodious Dare Art Alade Song now to add to my sorrows? I would rather listen to a thrashy "shakiti bobo" song that would make me forget my problems.
face your problems. You become what you hear
Re: Why Nigerians Are The Reason The Likes Of Davido And Olamide Sing Trash by Nobody: 6:10pm On Apr 14, 2016
Orion21:
Hehehe!...
No rapper
i say no rapper ..
I repeat again NO RAPPER.. Don do show insyd Eko hotel shut down err wher if u lie........

u really nailed it grin
Orion21:
Hehehe!...
No rapper
i say no rapper ..

u really nailed it

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Are The Reason The Likes Of Davido And Olamide Sing Trash by uchennaq(m): 6:49pm On Apr 14, 2016
Gwan2:
This issue has been overflogged bt unfortunately we have metamorphose to an era we can't help it as individuals...e.g.....ever since Wizkid dropped dat tweet sh:it against Linda Ikeji, my fanship 4 him drop significantly....I lost respect 4 him tremendously.....
Ironically.....I heard Widkid song in a club (d song dj jimmy jatt featured him) and I couldn't help going gaga over dat song....so is more of ur body aligning to d beats on a song subconsciously notwithstanding whether u lyk d artist or not.l
I think the onus is on d multinational company's.....Imagine Wizkid still branding som company after those vulgar response on tweeter...dat was an insult to generality of womanhood dat shld hav tot him a bitter lesson.

You times 1mil losing rep for wizkid won't affect him tongue
Re: Why Nigerians Are The Reason The Likes Of Davido And Olamide Sing Trash by tolurainbow(m): 7:01pm On Apr 14, 2016
we have d likes of young thug, 2chain,future, dat singk rubbish...it's vice versa....
Re: Why Nigerians Are The Reason The Likes Of Davido And Olamide Sing Trash by Hybrid01: 7:23pm On Apr 14, 2016
Mcowubaba:
hmmmm

What people like u nd the Op has failed to acknowledge is that one man's food is another man's poison,...... Every abokki with him own kettle..
We can't all love Asa, Timi Dakolo or classic, R&B, pop, jazz....
We shouldn't force our likes on others, we should learn to be liberal nd open-minded....
X-rated videos are matters of morals, religious beliefs nd ethics....
Wizkid no force u to watch him Video
I for example love rock, electric, alternative pop, rap, classic R&B, nd I don't expect every1 to be like me.....
I rarely watch Nollywood movies, i am not against it, it's just not my thing....
I can never watch telemundo, but I have bought a telemundo series for a friend before, because I respect people's preferences.... Learn to do so...

Ps.. I don't even have a single Wizkid song on my phone, but I like the guy, he just doesn't sing my type of song, but that won't make me castigate him....
I have like 4 songs by wizkid on my phone. I don't dislike the guy but I was only trying to correct the op when he said he likes wizkid 'cos he doesn't sing trash. He mentioned Olamide and Davido. Remember Davido also sang Aye;one of a kind;ekuro;owo ni koko. Olamide sang Responsibility;melo melo etc. I listen to so many songs so I was only trying to correct the op. He was also blaming those who listen to Olamide and the likes.
Re: Why Nigerians Are The Reason The Likes Of Davido And Olamide Sing Trash by herald9: 7:27pm On Apr 14, 2016
Nigerian music sucks, everyday they keep recycling and churning out same shiitty songs with a different beat to the public who are ever ready to munch it like some dogs waiting for its owner's shiit.

Go to twitter now, the moment a shitty artiste drops a song, their fans turns to town criers, tweeting on how dooope the song is and how they're gonna play it for the rest of their lives until you're tempted to download it, only to discover that it's that same shiit angry

Its not that they don't know people are complaining about the lack of contents in their songs, but these promoters and marketers wouldn't hear... The re-garnish the song and forces it down people's throat either in shows or TV, and at the end these shiitty artistes ends up smiling to the bank.

Once this idiot called Small Doctor was interviewed on HipTV, the presenter told him that people are complaining that his music is bereft of content... Could you imagine what he retorted?

"SMALL DOCTOR IS NOT MAKING SENSE, BUT SMALL DOCTOR IS MAKING MONEY"

THUNDER FIRE HIM SEF angry angry angry
Re: Why Nigerians Are The Reason The Likes Of Davido And Olamide Sing Trash by Hybrid01: 7:30pm On Apr 14, 2016
x6blade:
what about. Mummy mi,joy,one question,feeling the beat,ojuelegba,pakurumo. You are an hater but atleast don't let it blind u
Chill oga. I respect wizkid and I love his songs but why was the op putting blame on people listening to Olamide and Davido's songs. Is he an hater also? I like wizkid and I listen to his songs also. Besides you forgot to add holla at your boy(my favourite song by wizzy)
Re: Why Nigerians Are The Reason The Likes Of Davido And Olamide Sing Trash by Hybrid01: 7:36pm On Apr 14, 2016
richidinho:

everybody cannot listen to same line of music bro
Tell that to the op. I listen to wizkid's songs also but I said that 'cos of the fact that he blamed Olamide and Davido's fans for promoting vulgarity
Re: Why Nigerians Are The Reason The Likes Of Davido And Olamide Sing Trash by damyzino(m): 8:01pm On Apr 14, 2016
richidinho:
You prefer American Music because you dont hear the trash they also sing e.g

Akon Ft Snoop Dog - You already know i want fvck you grin

what about the weekend -hills .he said something like "i only Bleep u wen am fvcked up and that's the real me"....dirtiest song ever undecided
Re: Why Nigerians Are The Reason The Likes Of Davido And Olamide Sing Trash by Nobody: 8:11pm On Apr 14, 2016
U wants educative songs bah for go class now am pleased with my boys
Re: Why Nigerians Are The Reason The Likes Of Davido And Olamide Sing Trash by chronos: 9:21pm On Apr 14, 2016
mars123:
I'm pretty sure MOST of Nigeria's youth and oldies too can relate with olamide, davido et al. so it's all about connecting your music to how the people are thinking and in return those who like your lifestyle become fans.

so the artistes singing the more meaningful songs unfortunately hasn't been able to connect as good as the 'top' artistes have.

you're smart..
Re: Why Nigerians Are The Reason The Likes Of Davido And Olamide Sing Trash by eminemkayc: 9:28pm On Apr 14, 2016
One gud reason i still listen to oldies with gud poetrics like
Shook ones ll, mobb deep
Killin me softly, fugees
Fugee la, fugees
Money, power, respect - DLOx
Ready or not, Fugees
Hail mary, makavelli
Forget about dre, dre feat eminen
Puff daddy feat mase, been around the world
Mase feat Total, what u want
Coolio, gangsters paradise
Coolio, see u when u gt there
Nate dogg feat warren G, regulate
Slim shady LP album
Eminem show album

These songs reminds me of when music made SENSE to the listenin ear
Re: Why Nigerians Are The Reason The Likes Of Davido And Olamide Sing Trash by mars123(m): 9:34pm On Apr 14, 2016
ShugaAnnie:
u lie!
for wetin na
Re: Why Nigerians Are The Reason The Likes Of Davido And Olamide Sing Trash by ise82(m): 9:37pm On Apr 14, 2016
Pls leave my Olamide alone ooooooo....
Re: Why Nigerians Are The Reason The Likes Of Davido And Olamide Sing Trash by gemale(m): 9:53pm On Apr 14, 2016
gaburiel:
What is this popycock doing on front page?
Telling the truth you do not want to hear.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

AY Apologies To Davido Over His Recent Joke In Warri (Video) / Christina Milian Vs Ini Edo: Who Is Da Bomb - Brains, Talent And Beauty / Postponement: I Go Dye Blasts Buhari. Tells Him To Apologise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.