Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,457 members, 7,812,402 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:47 PM

One More Hour Of Sleep For A Better Life - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / One More Hour Of Sleep For A Better Life (660 Views)

How Lack Of Sleep Can Affect Your Health. / World Sleep Day 2018: When Last Did You Sleep For 7 To 8 Hours At Night? / Here Is How Lack Of Sleep Is Harming Your Brain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

One More Hour Of Sleep For A Better Life by moreviewblog: 11:15am On Apr 13, 2016
‘If you spend six hours sleeping daily, on your 80th birthday, you would have spent 20 years of your life sleeping, and that amount to a quarter of your life.’ You might have heard this before, and probably felt guilty about enjoying a good night of sleep. But maybe it is not bad after all to sleep for that long. There is a need to ponder what benefits sleep hold.

Just like an automobile, you cannot continue to drive the engine endlessly, without oiling, fuelling, or servicing for optimum performance. If you do, you are set to see the end of your machine. So, sleep is your body refreshing, repairing and getting ready to refire.

Research has shown that sleeping enough will make you look more attractive and reduce your chance of getting ill. Regular and adequate sleep also helps you to make better informed decisions, keep you in a good mood, enhance your sex life and helps you maintain a nice physique.

Here is what enjoying that one more hour of sleep means to your body:

More brain power
Just before that big day, when you need your brain to be alert, you should ensure to have adequate rest. This gives your brain the extra ‘gusto’ you desire. Nothing spoils your day and keeps your brain dull than the groggy feeling of poor sleep. For a clearer thinking, you need to throw in that one more hour of sleep.

Better Mood
She is a mother of two. Did I mention that they are twins and just 4 months old? She spent all her nights fulfilling her motherly duties to her babies. She is your boss, and you complained about her being cranky. That is what nights of poor sleep does. To keep your mood upbeat and affable, you should learn to get adequate sleep.

Better Productivity
This sums it all up. For optimum productivity, adequate sleep is very important. Driving the engine for that long hours does not necessarily yield the optimum result. Period of rest, when you check the oil level, refuel, grease moving parts, file blades and pamper your machine is what makes the whole difference. The same applies to your body.

The effects of adequate sleep cannot be overemphasized. When you do not sleep enough, it becomes difficult to take in new information. When you learn during the day, it is very important that you give your body enough sleep, in order to retain and process all of the information that you have acquired. Adequate sleep is part of the mechanisms that ensure your body performs its function under optimal conditions. And what do we say; ‘You cannot cheat Nature!’ Continuously depriving your body of sleep means no refreshing, and no repairing.

http://www.slimfitu.com/lifestyle/one-more-hour-of-sleep-for-a-better-life/
Re: One More Hour Of Sleep For A Better Life by Analee(f): 9:52pm On Apr 13, 2016
I cant sleep n ds s ma greatest problm,cant even rememba last wen i slept 4 gud 2hrs talk mor of 6hrs n its reli affectn seriosly,as am alwaz feelng dizziness,alwaz feeln sleepy bt cant sleep,except @nite n if i get up 2 urinat or som1 makes sound,cos i cant sleep wif noise even @ d slightest of it,it wil js leav me,wil den av 2 try 2 force ma self,even at dat n mornin stil feel dizzy,tired etc cant read somfn 4 2 long,its really telln me n dnt want 2 leave on sleepn drugs.
Re: One More Hour Of Sleep For A Better Life by chriskosherbal(m): 2:39am On Apr 14, 2016
Of course moderate sleeping is good.
Re: One More Hour Of Sleep For A Better Life by Hunulutu: 6:18am On Apr 14, 2016
I also like sleeping.. Sleeping is my leisure period smiley
Re: One More Hour Of Sleep For A Better Life by moreviewblog: 11:00am On Apr 19, 2016
Analee:
I cant sleep n ds s ma greatest problm,cant even rememba last wen i slept 4 gud 2hrs talk mor of 6hrs n its reli affectn seriosly,as am alwaz feelng dizziness,alwaz feeln sleepy bt cant sleep,except @nite n if i get up 2 urinat or som1 makes sound,cos i cant sleep wif noise even @ d slightest of it,it wil js leav me,wil den av 2 try 2 force ma self,even at dat n mornin stil feel dizzy,tired etc cant read somfn 4 2 long,its really telln me n dnt want 2 leave on sleepn drugs.
Have you seen a doctor? There might be other remedies aside drugs. Try see a doctor.

(1) (Reply)

People Who Miraculously Survived Death. / i never created this topic! / Help : How To Deal With HYPONATREMIA ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.