Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,619 members, 7,809,278 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:10 AM

People Who Miraculously Survived Death. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / People Who Miraculously Survived Death. (659 Views)

Sorrow As Gallant Mopol Who Survived Many Battles, Dies Suddenly. Photos / “How A Face Cream “miraculously” Removed Wrinkles From The Face Of A 50 Year Old / Lady Who Survived Fire Burns Strips Unclad To Celebrate Recuperation (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

People Who Miraculously Survived Death. by pcoolioz(m): 2:41am On May 23, 2016
So for some reason I can't sleep, I was thinking of creating a Tecno j8 or W4 thread but I don't want y'all to batter me tonight.

Instead here is my compilation of the most gruesome survival stories.

As we know, human beings and animals are easily killed, we hear news of deaths everyday that we actually forget that people survive brutal cenerios..e.g Nigerians.

Under certain conditions either via training, luck or sheer will power, some humans and animals have survived death against all odds, looked death in the eye and said -Not TODAY!

Let's take a moment of our time to celebrate these immortals.

Aron Ralston - ONE IS BETTER THAN TWO

- Aron Ralston lived a real life nightmare when an 800-pound boulder fell on his arm, pinning it to the canyon wall in a remote area in Utah on May 1, 2003.

After five days, his food and water was all gone and he had to resort to some drastic measures, as it was very unlikely for someone to find him.

He cut off his trapped arm by sawing it with a blunt pocketknife, blunt meaning it took double the time it would have taken with a sharp knife, (some of you can't even cut off a finger without crying.. Pshhh# )

Still rappelled down the 65-foot wall with his one remaining hand( and was swaggering to his car like it was nothing) he was rescued by hikers on the way to his car.

BETTY LOU SURVIVES THE FALL THAT KILLED KING KONG

- in July 28, 1945, a plane crashed into the Empire State Building so hard and fast that it went in through the front and buste out behind. One of the engines blew a hole clean through the other side of the building and crashed through the roof of a building down the block.

More than a dozen people were killed in the crash, but among the survivors was Betty Lou Oliver, elevator operator and aspiring superhuman.

The impact threw Oliver from the elevator she was standing in, and the resulting fire gave her severe burns.

Rescue crews, needing to get her to the ground so she could get medical attention, put her right back in the elevator and punched the button for the ground floor.

Now, anyone who's familiar with the "Do Not Use the elevator in Case of emergency" signs plastered on every elevator already knows this was a bad idea.

Sure enough, the cables were so badly damaged by the accident that they snapped almost immediately from the 75th floor... Betty Lou and the elevator went for a really long fall.

Maybe because she was just a Vampire or better still an ogbaje, Betty Lou survived the 75-story fall --directly after getting hit by a plane, then returned to the job only five months later. And yes, she went right back to work in the same elevator that tried to kill her like a Bossete.

Julianne.. Lol no silly name for this.

- On December 24, 1971, Juliane was with her mother and 91 other people on an airplane that got struck by lightning and exploded mid-air.
The blast sent Juliane hurtling into the Peruvian jungle from 10,000 feet, while still strapped in to her seat.

She suffered a broken collarbone, a swollen eye and a nasty gash on her arm, but aside from these injuries and the trauma of surviving a goddamn plane explosion that killed everyone else, she was miraculously unhurt after her fall.

After surviving exclusively on holiday sweets she found in the wreckage, Juliane followed a stream toward civilization and survived using the skills her father had taught her. Those kainna fathers that teach their kids the ways of Tarzan just incase...

Anyway, she waded downstream for ninedays.

And you should know that just cos she was a boss, she did all of this nearly blind, since she got blinded in the crash and somehow managed to lose her glassesin the thousands of feet between mid-air explosion and jungle floor.(such carelessness)

Juliane eventually found a canoe and paddled it to the first sign of civilization she had seen since the crash: a lumber yard.

The next day, Juliane was airlifted by less combustible means to a hospital, where her father was waiting for her -- we assume with a stopwatch, and saying I could have done that in 3days.

Okay now I feel sleepy.. I shall be back. Hopefully.

1 Like

Re: People Who Miraculously Survived Death. by Dahkogrin007(m): 2:47am On May 23, 2016
Dey cheated death but will die one day
Re: People Who Miraculously Survived Death. by brook75: 6:15am On May 31, 2016
hmmm will power is a great tool
Re: People Who Miraculously Survived Death. by Nobody: 6:31am On May 31, 2016
scary but great
Re: People Who Miraculously Survived Death. by thatintrovert: 10:54pm On Jun 01, 2016
can all this our nigerian girls survive inside garden at night sef?

(1) (Reply)

After 15yrs Of Childlessness,Couple Welcome Quadruplet In Rivers State(pics) / Fertility / Read Health Benefits Of Early Morning Sex And Having It Four Times A Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.