Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,521 members, 7,816,275 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

9 African Currencies That Is Stronger Than Naira - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 9 African Currencies That Is Stronger Than Naira (12155 Views)

Nigerian Naira To Other African Currencies Presently / List Of African Countries Whose Currency Is Stronger Than Naira / Exchange Rate Of African Currencies To Nigerian Naira. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

9 African Currencies That Is Stronger Than Naira by kinibigdeal(m): 1:19am On Apr 14, 2016
In no particular order. Are we really still the giant of Africa

9. South African Rand - N13.68

The Rand has had a lot of flack for its devaluation over the past couple of years.

8. Botswanan Pula – N18.30

An obvious one is Botswana. The Pula has been stronger than the Naira for ages and the country’s economy and political structure is often lauded as a shining example of how an African democracy can work.

7. Egyptian pounds -N22.40

Another example which has long been stronger than the Naira, Egypt, despite all its political turmoil has been able to retain a lot of its country’s currency value.

6. Libyan Dinar – N146.36

Yet another country in political turmoil with a strong currency is Libya. Perhaps it’s oil which is keeping things afloat but one Libyan Dinar will set you back around

5. Tunisia Dinar – N98.72

Recovering from its status as the birthplace of the Arab Spring, Tunisia’s Dinar gained almost 30% against the Naira this year.

4. Moroccan Dirham – N20.57

Rubbing shoulders with Europe, Morocco is in the news as much for illegal immigrants trying to smash down the border is shares with Spain as it is for its exotic culture and beautiful scenery.

3. Ghanaian Cedi – N51.68

A very surprising example of a strong African currency, Ghana’s Cedi. Ghana is well known for its extensive natural resources, namely Gold from it’s Ashanti region (hence the Anglo-Ashanti gold company famous in South Africa). This one is actually a cheat though, the Cedi is actually in its 3rd rendition under the same name as the currency has been revalued a couple of times. The most recent revaluation was 2007 and it’s lost almost 50% of it’s value against the Naira

2. Sudanese Pound – N32.62

Another story very similar to the Ghanaian one is that of the Sudanese Pound. Revalued successively during its post-colonial period, the most recent revaluation came in 2011 following the independence of the oil rich Southern half of the country which became South Sudan. The Sudanese Pound is now worth N32.62

1. Eritrean Nakfa – N12.30

A country you probably haven’t heard from before, it split from Ethiopia in the early 90’s but has a currency, roughly on the same value as ours. This is only a recent development though since the beginning of 2014 and is as a result of the currency being pegged to the US Dollar. 1 Nakfa will cost you N12.30

Add yours
Re: 9 African Currencies That Is Stronger Than Naira by acenazt: 1:22am On Apr 14, 2016
Stronger hunh? Op cedi might appear stronger but our purchasing power steps on d cedi. Inflation inflation Don simon for 1k cedis

1 Like

Re: 9 African Currencies That Is Stronger Than Naira by ourkobo: 1:27am On Apr 14, 2016
I dey come
Re: 9 African Currencies That Is Stronger Than Naira by Nobody: 1:28am On Apr 14, 2016
I need to lay my hand on Libyan Dinar. It was way stronger under Gaddafi...was equivalent of dollar then or even more; a currency backed with tremendous Gold reserves! Gadaffi actually meant well for his people!
Re: 9 African Currencies That Is Stronger Than Naira by Owoloku1: 1:36am On Apr 14, 2016
The Ghanaian cedi was redenominated..I think they removed two zeros or so but it's not stronger than the naira

OP do your research well

1 Like

Re: 9 African Currencies That Is Stronger Than Naira by chriskosherbal(m): 2:01am On Apr 14, 2016
I love this statistics.
Re: 9 African Currencies That Is Stronger Than Naira by wordbank(m): 3:18am On Apr 14, 2016
uduak2016:
I need to lay my hand on Libyan Dinar. It was way stronger under Gaddafi...was equivalent of dollar then or even more; a currency backed with tremendous Gold reserves! Gadaffi actually meant well for his people!
Abacha too

1 Like

Re: 9 African Currencies That Is Stronger Than Naira by Allwility: 4:51am On Apr 14, 2016
1 Lesotho loti = 13 Naira.
Re: 9 African Currencies That Is Stronger Than Naira by 3rdeye1(m): 5:13am On Apr 14, 2016
U forgot to mention Kenyan currency.
Unfortunately for this countries,. None of their economy is better than ours. Economy strength is not directly proportional to currency strength. Take d case USD Vs British pounds.

1 Like

Re: 9 African Currencies That Is Stronger Than Naira by MilesLamar(m): 7:43am On Apr 14, 2016
Oga o.. Naira Na small boi o
Re: 9 African Currencies That Is Stronger Than Naira by Pavore9: 8:28am On Apr 14, 2016
What of purchasing power? Take Eritrea for example despite its Nakfa exchanging for N12.30, is seriously poor country!
Re: 9 African Currencies That Is Stronger Than Naira by NoLotty7(m): 2:04pm On May 31, 2018
cc:pavore9 ,please is kenya shilling higher than naira during exchange.can a nigerian run a phone repair business without much threats from immigration and taxman in nairobi,thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 9 African Currencies That Is Stronger Than Naira by Pavore9: 2:46pm On May 31, 2018
NoLotty7:
cc:pavore9 ,please is kenya shilling higher than naira during exchange.can a nigerian run a phone repair business without much threats from immigration and taxman in nairobi,thanks.

Yes, one Kenyan shilling is about N3.50. For the other question send me a PM.

1 Like

Re: 9 African Currencies That Is Stronger Than Naira by NoLotty7(m): 5:46pm On May 31, 2018
Re: 9 African Currencies That Is Stronger Than Naira by NoLotty7(m): 6:38pm On May 31, 2018
-
Re: 9 African Currencies That Is Stronger Than Naira by NoLotty7(m): 7:27pm On May 31, 2018
cc:pavore9 ,please check your email,thanks boss.
Re: 9 African Currencies That Is Stronger Than Naira by Pavore9: 9:09pm On May 31, 2018
NoLotty7:
cc:pavore9 ,please check your email,thanks boss.

Seen.Would send you a detailed response tomorrow

1 Like

Re: 9 African Currencies That Is Stronger Than Naira by NoLotty7(m): 10:32pm On May 31, 2018
alright sir @ pavore9 ,thanks.
Re: 9 African Currencies That Is Stronger Than Naira by Fr33born(m): 11:14pm On May 31, 2018
Owoloku1:
The Ghanaian cedi was redenominated..I think they removed two zeros or so but it's not stronger than the naira

OP do your research well
I see..
Re: 9 African Currencies That Is Stronger Than Naira by NoLotty7(m): 9:23am On Jun 02, 2018
Pavore9:

Yes, one Kenyan shilling is about N3.50. For the other question send me a PM.
morning sir,can you help me with the details as promised through my email,thanks.
Re: 9 African Currencies That Is Stronger Than Naira by lacastre: 12:07pm On Jun 02, 2018
which one should one consider when travelling, the currency or the economy of a country?

(1) (Reply)

All You Need To Know About Upholstery Products ,also The Quality Materials Neede / Enter Here If You Want To Make up to 100,000 naira Before Xmas. / Corporate Affairs Commission Public Database

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.