Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,860 members, 7,821,003 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

10 Sex Myths Debunked! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 10 Sex Myths Debunked! (1902 Views)

Digest: Top 10 Sex Positions To Conceive / 10 Sex Cravings All Guys Have / 10 Sex Myths Debunked! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Sex Myths Debunked! by khalhokage(m): 7:01am On Apr 14, 2016
1. MYTH: A WOMAN'S 1ST TIME IS MEANT TO HURT.

A woman's 1st time might hurt if she's not turned on enough, other partner is too rough, or if she's feeling anxious or tense.

Also while most women's hymens are worn away before their 1st times, it play basically no role in discomfort during sex anyway.

2. MYTH: YOU CAN TELL WHEN YOU (OR SOMEONE ELSE) HAVE AN STI.

Unfortunately, a quick peek in a mirror now and then won't cut it, lots of STIs don't have any signs or symptoms at all, and the only to be sure you're clear is to get tested.

3. MYTH: HYMENS "BREAK" THE 1ST TIME A WOMAN HAS SEX.

Nope. Hymens can't break, they're more like a door frame than a barrier. They're usually worn away by the time you're a teen, thanks to things like exercise or even walking, and if they weren't you wouldn't be able to menstruate properly.

So, if women bleeds during their 1st time, it's not their hymen "breaking" , it's probably vaginal tissue bleeding because of poor lubrication or roughness.

4. MYTH: TAKING PrEP MEANS YOU DON'T HAVE TO USE A CONDOM.

PrEP is a drug that significantly lowers the risk of becoming HIV positive and some people that if take it, you no longer need to use a condom.

PrEP only reduces the risk of HIV infection, so it doesn't protect against other STIs like gonorrhea or Chlamydia, and it only works if taken daily. Using a condom and PrEP also reduces the risk of HIV even further, so it's a no-brainer.

5. MYTH: MOST WOMEN CAN ORGASM JUST FROM VAGINAL SEX.

Most women need stimulation around their clitoris to orgasm and that's totally normal. About 70% of women can't orgasm just from vaginal sex.
So if you want to climax during penetration make sure that area gets some attention.

6. MYTH: USING A CONDOM RUINS SEX.

Can't feel anything when wearing a condom? This is most likely because you're wearing the wrong size and there isn't enough lubrication.
Finding the right fit will drastically improve your experience.

7. MYTH: VAGINAS GER LOOSER THE MORE A WOMAN HAS SEX.

A locked up, squeezed up, shut-down vagina is a tense, non-aroused one, not a virginal one.
When women are turned on and relaxed their vaginal muscles loosen slightly and tighten again after sex.

Or put another way, if giving birth to a baby doesn't permanently change the shape of a vagina neither will a penis.

8. MYTH: YOU ONLY NEED TO USE CONDOMS FOR PENETRATION.

You can get STIs from MouthAction, so make sure to get regularly tested, and to use condoms or dental dams - whether you're giving or receiving.

You can also get STIs from intimacy gadgets, so putting condoms on them reduces the risk of catching something (and can make them last longer).

9. MYTH: WOMEN SHOULD PEE BEFORE SEX TO AVOID UTIs.

Secondary school lied to us, peeing before sex is the number one cause of honeymoon cystitis.

You should wait to pee after sex because a strong pee stream increases the chances of pushing vaginal bacteria back out.

10. MYTH: OLDER PEOPLE NEVER HAVE SEX.

Your gramps are totally doing it, studies show that 60% of men and 42% of women aged 65 - 74 are sexually active, though the frequency of sex reduces with age.

Basically sex has no expiry date. grin.
Re: 10 Sex Myths Debunked! by Mrbigman1(m): 7:09am On Apr 14, 2016
No 10 keeps me smiling all the time.

No retirement.

So why in a rush to start at Teen?

1 Like

Re: 10 Sex Myths Debunked! by Julietcutie(f): 7:14am On Apr 14, 2016
hmm
Re: 10 Sex Myths Debunked! by Mediapace: 7:16am On Apr 14, 2016
It be like say another MERLIN don come o undecided ,why all this myths ?

No 9 got me laughing
Re: 10 Sex Myths Debunked! by divinehand2003(m): 7:17am On Apr 14, 2016
Mrbigman1:
No 10 keeps me smiling all the time.

No retirement.

So why in a rush to start at Teen?

Because konji na bastard
Re: 10 Sex Myths Debunked! by LecciGucci: 7:23am On Apr 14, 2016
c
Re: 10 Sex Myths Debunked! by obizzy(m): 7:25am On Apr 14, 2016
(11) its tighter in the arsehole grin

that no.7 isnt a myth though

1 Like

Re: 10 Sex Myths Debunked! by khalhokage(m): 7:29am On Apr 14, 2016
obizzy:
(11) its tighter in the arsehole grin

that no.7 isnt a myth though
Believe it or not, it is. If it wasn't prostitutes wouldn't get any business after a certain amount men.
Re: 10 Sex Myths Debunked! by Mrbigman1(m): 7:29am On Apr 14, 2016
divinehand2003:

Because konji na bastard

Na physiological effect, neighbourhood level of exposure and school mate go determine when u start.
Re: 10 Sex Myths Debunked! by obizzy(m): 7:34am On Apr 14, 2016
khalhokage:

Believe it or not, it is.
If it wasn't prostitutes wouldn't get any business after a certain amount men.
tight pussays all the way.

Who cares if its tighter. That shii is gross and GAY.
Re: 10 Sex Myths Debunked! by lordthree(m): 7:42am On Apr 14, 2016
obizzy:
tight pussays all the way.

Who cares if its tighter. That shii is gross and GAY.
Only gay if you're doing a guy
Re: 10 Sex Myths Debunked! by obizzy(m): 7:47am On Apr 14, 2016
lordthree:

Only gay if you're doing a guy
Bro,you're no different from a fagggot if you enjoy fuccking arseholes. Dafuq happened to pussays

Homophobe.
Re: 10 Sex Myths Debunked! by lordthree(m): 7:51am On Apr 14, 2016
obizzy:
Bro,you're no different from a fagggot if you enjoy fuccking arseholes. Dafuq happened to pussays

Homophobe.

Lol okay so gays also give blow jobs, does that make it gay if you get a bloow job from a girl?
Re: 10 Sex Myths Debunked! by Nobody: 7:51am On Apr 14, 2016
Op are these your opinions or culled from somewhere, cos I'm gonna dispute 1, 3 & 7.
The hymen doesn't significantly wear off before the first sex, even if the first sex comes at age 40. Naturally the hymen comes with a little hole which allows menstrual flow and whatever ish come out regularly. However a few women are born without the hole(imperforate hymen) , which makes them have the condition called hematocolpos usually diagnosed first when an adolescent lady doesn't see her menses.

Again, the hymen is a membrane, more like a soft skin which the penis has to pass through during the first sex. Naturally, a breach of this membrane would be painful, no matter how wet or relaxed a lady is. And yes, that explains the bleeding at first sex, because as a living membrane, it's well vascularised, hence breaching it provokes bleeding.

Lastly, just as the birthing process expands the vaginal canal (thanks to oxytocin), repeated sex also does same (thanks to oxytocin too, in addition to Oestrogen). That's why a lady who begins having and keeps at it rapidly develops her secondary female features (wide hips and boob.s) due to the effect of the hormone.
Re: 10 Sex Myths Debunked! by obizzy(m): 7:59am On Apr 14, 2016
lordthree:

Lol okay so gays also give blow jobs, does that make it gay if you get a bloow job from a girl?
Lool this one pass me but i sha know that anal sex is sick. My opinion. smiley
Re: 10 Sex Myths Debunked! by lordthree(m): 8:07am On Apr 14, 2016
obizzy:
Lool this one pass me but i sha know that anal sex is sick. My opinion. smiley

My opinion is as long as you're not sexually attracted to a guy it's fine.
Re: 10 Sex Myths Debunked! by Fmartin(m): 8:08am On Apr 14, 2016
Totally disagree wit dat ur number 3.

Hymen cn b broken nt necessary durin sex, accepted.

Hymen does nt cover d vagina totally. It alow d flow of menstrual contents.

D hymen is lyk a pad of tissue, vry light. Wen its broken, blood gushes out. Bt wen a woman is abt 20yrs nd abv, wen d hymen is broken, d rate at which blood gushes out is reduced.

At times blood wil nt show.
Re: 10 Sex Myths Debunked! by obizzy(m): 8:10am On Apr 14, 2016
lordthree:

My opinion is as long as you're not sexually attracted to a guy it's fine.
ok
Re: 10 Sex Myths Debunked! by CaroLyner(f): 9:51am On Apr 14, 2016
Dont Corrupt Me tonguecheesy
Re: 10 Sex Myths Debunked! by Nobody: 10:05pm On Apr 14, 2016
CaroLyner:
Dont Corrupt Me tonguecheesy

How are u doing girl? would like to nominate you for the miss nairaland contest, are u ok with it? I know you can do it cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 10 Sex Myths Debunked! by CaroLyner(f): 11:04pm On Apr 15, 2016
ActOfWar:

How are u doing girl? would like to nominate you for the miss nairaland contest, are u ok with it? I know you can do it cheesy cheesy cheesy
woulda complied but i hardly come on here anymore....ayamconfidence sorry am rejecting your offers

(1) (Reply)

7 Things Every Woman Wants From A Man To Keep Her Happy / When Mimzy Finally Weaars The Crown Tonight... / Is Being Single In My Twenties A Bad Thing ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.