Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

Onitsha Mall Opens For Business Today- Pictures - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Onitsha Mall Opens For Business Today- Pictures (32327 Views)

Onitsha Mall Indemnity Notice: Look At What I Saw At Shoprite Onitsha (pics) / The Crowd I Saw At The Onitsha Mall - Pictures / Children Playing At The Premises Of Onitsha Mall (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onitsha Mall Opens For Business Today- Pictures by sucess001(m): 11:28am On Apr 14, 2016
emrain:

Olodo, it's a mall. Shoprite just rented a space there.

And your point?

Of course i know its a mall! All shoprite outlets are situated in Malls....

The issue is...was it built by govt?
Re: Onitsha Mall Opens For Business Today- Pictures by cktheluckyman: 11:30am On Apr 14, 2016
Beremx:
I am not Abagworo, you better stay away from my moniker.

btw, where's Freeglobe aka cktheluckyman? grin

freeglobe ko slave globe ni
Re: Onitsha Mall Opens For Business Today- Pictures by amtaken(f): 11:30am On Apr 14, 2016
Onitsha people have a lot of purchasing power.

whirlwind7:
Looked like it rained.

Here's hoping this mall will be a huge success, to motivate more businesses and new outlets in the near future.

So long as Onitsha peeps don't go there for pictures only. wink

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Mall Opens For Business Today- Pictures by SycophanticGoat: 11:34am On Apr 14, 2016
AstraNetwork:
Trash! You heard the wrong thing, he is in his late 60s or early 70s. Get your facts right! She has the right to type trash and get away with it but we do not have the right to tell her the home truth about her miserable condition? Just listen to yourself!

[s][/s]

You can as well type your own trash without bringing Imolites into it. Try grow up man cuz your chil***n deserve it.
Re: Onitsha Mall Opens For Business Today- Pictures by sucess001(m): 11:34am On Apr 14, 2016
xharder:

Ignorance is a disease.

It is not shoprite that is been opened, it is onitsha mall. Shoprite is just a mega supermarket inside onitsha mall...

The mall is indigenously owned, while shoprite is a tenant in the mall the same way you have other brands like slot,cold stone, mr bigg, mr price or even some pharmaceutical companies selling the products and offering consultation services to their customers inside their shops in the mall....

You are a big mumu. Ignorance by who?

Of course i freaking know shoprite is a tenant. Same way its a tenant in palms, lekki and also cycle mall in lekki. shoprite however is the mall's flagship. so what new information do you have that i am not aware of?

The issue is that the mall wasn't built by govt so its not an 'achievement' by your hero governor.

I am sure you are intelligent enough to comprehend this or political asslickin wont allow you?

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Mall Opens For Business Today- Pictures by AmericanQuarter: 11:39am On Apr 14, 2016
sucess001:

You are a big mumu. Ignorance by who?
Of course i freaking know shoprite is a tenant. Same way its a tenant in palms, lekki and also cycle mall in lekki. shoprite however is the mall's flagship. so what new information do you have that i am not aware of?
The issue is that the mall wasn't built by govt so its not an 'achievement' by your hero governor.
I am ure you are intelligent enough to comprehend this or political asslickin wont allow you?

The mall was developed by the Anambra state government and Africa Capital Alliance. It is more or less a government powered project.

Eastern retail business upbeat as Capital Alliance, Anambra unveil Onitsha Mall

Posted in Retail, Fast food & Food service

NIGERIA - Retail business in the eastern part of Nigeria is in upward momentum as African Capital Alliance (ACA), a leading private equity investment firm in Nigeria, in collaboration with Anambra State Government are perfecting arrangements to open a retail mall in Onitsha by the second quarter of 2015.

Known as Onitsha Mall, the retail outlet which would be anchored by Shoprite, a well-known South African retail brand that currently dominates retail business in Nigeria will contain about 51 stores of various sizes.

Construction work on the mall has reached 64 percent completion and would be 100 percent completed before the proposed opening date of 2015.

Research has shown that Onitsha is the fifth fastest growing city in the world with the biggest market in West Africa known as ‘Onitsha Main Market’. It is the economic nerve centre and the gateway to the eastern part of Nigeria. It is known to be a major commercial city in the South-East Nigeria, and according to the promoters of the mall, these were part of the reasons they chose to situate the multi-million naira project in Onitsha.

Also, Onitsha Mall will offer a serene shopping experience to retailers and customers with features such as 12,100 square meters of net lettable space; 24 hours electricity and security; over 500 parking bays; six local and international restaurants; central air conditioning; ATM gallery and an average of five stores reserved for banks.

According to the developer, the lucrative business environment, which provides huge investment opportunities for investors, is another major reason for building Onitsha Mall that would be the first of its kind in the city.

Obi Nwogugu, representative of African Capital Alliance, told those who attended the 0nitsha Mall Retailers Forum held in Lagos recently that the vision of Anambra State government and ACA for the Onitsha Mall was to build an infrastructure that would attract private capital into the state.

Nwogugu, who noted that Anambra State was ranked second in telecommunications disposable income and highest in commercial and microfinance banks branches in the Eastern Nigeria, also said that the city recently attracted investment worth $120 million from South African Breweries, which is currently planning to double its investment due to the success of the business.

“Onitsha Mall is a development project sponsored by African Capital Alliance and the Anambra State Government while Diamond Bank is the debt financier of the project. In terms of safety of lives and property, the state has recently received a significant investment in security equipment and personnel in the city, which created an enabling environment for business to thrive,” Nwogugu added.

Explaining the basis for the construction work, Chuka Okoye, project manager, Pro-M Limited, who stated that the construction work currently being handled by Akiota Works Limited, which took over from the former contractor, Technics Construction Company, assured that the project would be completed before the opening date of May 2015.

He slated February 1, 2015 as the proposed date for all the tenants to start occupying their spaces as the beneficial occupation shall be granted to tenants to commence their shop fit-outs, which is expected to take 30 to 60 days before the opening date.

“The mall, which would be managed by Broll Nigeria Limited on completion, is located at the old Anambra Broadcasting building at Park Street, off Awka Road in Onitsha.

The road leading to Park Street has been dualised and resurfaced with traffic lights by the state government to accommodate the volume of human and vehicular traffic on the road at the take-off of the mall,” Okoye explained.

September 30, 2014; http://businessdayonline.com/2014/09/eastern-retail-business-upbeat-as-capital-alliance-anambra-unveil-onitsha-mall/#.VCo1zBaE71U

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Mall Opens For Business Today- Pictures by AstraNetwork: 11:45am On Apr 14, 2016
Do you have the right to determine the type of trash I have to type as against hers? Why not request that she should not type any trash at all so that there won't be any need for me to respond with my own trash in my own way! Think about it! And why should I grow up when I am already grown? cool

SycophanticGoat:

You can as well type your own trash without bringing Imolites into it. Try grow up man cuz your chil***n deserve it.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Mall Opens For Business Today- Pictures by Terror666(m): 11:48am On Apr 14, 2016
VivianUdeogu:
Governor Ayo Fayose is Greater than Governor Willie Obiano

Yes..... In cutting kpomo
Re: Onitsha Mall Opens For Business Today- Pictures by danasjoe1: 11:53am On Apr 14, 2016
Pinkieblue:
Some people need to learn from this man.....

Don't quote me.... I did not mention any name
if you no mention name I go mention some names ppl like Oshiomole,amosun,osun state governor I no sabi spell him name n even buhari self needs to learn from him..
Re: Onitsha Mall Opens For Business Today- Pictures by innocentchuks(m): 11:53am On Apr 14, 2016
Good development

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Mall Opens For Business Today- Pictures by Odani: 12:11pm On Apr 14, 2016
Beremx:
The same people that condemned and criticized Rochas for formerly opening Owerri Mall and Shoprite will come and praise Obiano for the same thing. So much love for Igbo Unity.

Nice one Obiano!

Wailers are hypocrites na, same way they crucified Aregbesola for owing salaries but cant open their mouths now that Gov Dickson of bayelsa is doing same
Re: Onitsha Mall Opens For Business Today- Pictures by AmericanQuarter: 12:11pm On Apr 14, 2016
Shoppers have already filled the huge parking bay of the Onitsha mall. Onitsha has too many rich residents.

6 Likes

Re: Onitsha Mall Opens For Business Today- Pictures by ahnie: 12:20pm On Apr 14, 2016
What bitter truth...and why taggin her a nyt-worker!
Schematics:
No rule has been broken madam night-worker! cheesy

Are you pained that we all know that bitter truth? cheesy

[s][/s]
Re: Onitsha Mall Opens For Business Today- Pictures by hisable2: 12:22pm On Apr 14, 2016
pls where is the shprit located at onitsha, the address
Re: Onitsha Mall Opens For Business Today- Pictures by ahnie: 12:25pm On Apr 14, 2016
Please how can one secure employment there!
Re: Onitsha Mall Opens For Business Today- Pictures by Lastanza: 12:29pm On Apr 14, 2016
Name wao, North dey forbid all this mall?
Re: Onitsha Mall Opens For Business Today- Pictures by gbrown(m): 12:33pm On Apr 14, 2016
VivianUdeogu:
Governor Ayo Fayose is Greater than Governor Willie Obiano

Ayo fayose is a very big error to the good people of ekiti state, the man reasons via his cerebellum,he should learn from his anambra/imo counterparts, eating fish,agbado and kpomo is not development

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Mall Opens For Business Today- Pictures by ROYALD(m): 12:38pm On Apr 14, 2016
Schematics:
This all night job is quite telling on you!

Yes Obiano should be praised for this because Anambra State Government is a major stake-holder in this project alongside the foreign partners- Africa Capital Alliance(ACA). So the governor has every right to be here and not like that fat ugly incompetent governor of yours. Go and focus on your useless and worthless Imo state.

[s][/s]

“I have been around for 37 years and clearly, you are the dumbest being that I have ever met.”?"You know what your purpose going to be? To have sex and have children, because you ain't gonna never be smart."
Re: Onitsha Mall Opens For Business Today- Pictures by ROYALD(m): 12:40pm On Apr 14, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
Nobody condemned Rochas about shoprite stuff. People were trying to use building & commissioning of shoprite as a yardstick to measure Rochas's achievement against Obiano's which we told them if that's the case, then Rochas is a learner where Obiano is because he(Obiano) is building 3 of them at a go. Awka, Nnewi & Onitsha to be precise..

Are you upset “I have been around for 37 years and clearly, you are the dumbest being that I have ever met.”?"You know what your purpose going to be? To have sex and have children, because you ain't gonna never be smart."
Re: Onitsha Mall Opens For Business Today- Pictures by AstraNetwork: 12:45pm On Apr 14, 2016
Ejike, don't worry we will soon relocate to the Imo thread where we would want you to come and flex your toy muscle. cheesy

[s]
ROYALD:

“I have been around for 37 years and clearly, you are the dumbest being that I have ever met.”?"You know what your purpose going to be? To have sex and have children, because you ain't gonna never be smart."
[/s]
Re: Onitsha Mall Opens For Business Today- Pictures by Odogwuskido(m): 1:34pm On Apr 14, 2016
Enjoying my shopping..... God purnish poverty grin
Re: Onitsha Mall Opens For Business Today- Pictures by AmericanQuarter: 1:52pm On Apr 14, 2016
Shopping things

3 Likes

Re: Onitsha Mall Opens For Business Today- Pictures by AmericanQuarter: 1:54pm On Apr 14, 2016
More from Onitsha!

3 Likes

Re: Onitsha Mall Opens For Business Today- Pictures by Nobody: 2:06pm On Apr 14, 2016
AmericanQuarter:

The mall was developed by the Anambra state government and Africa Capital Alliance. It is more or less a government powered project.

Eastern retail business upbeat as Capital Alliance, Anambra unveil Onitsha Mall

Posted in Retail, Fast food & Food service

NIGERIA - Retail business in the eastern part of Nigeria is in upward momentum as African Capital Alliance (ACA), a leading private equity investment firm in Nigeria, in collaboration with Anambra State Government are perfecting arrangements to open a retail mall in Onitsha by the second quarter of 2015.

Known as Onitsha Mall, the retail outlet which would be anchored by Shoprite, a well-known South African retail brand that currently dominates retail business in Nigeria will contain about 51 stores of various sizes.

Construction work on the mall has reached 64 percent completion and would be 100 percent completed before the proposed opening date of 2015.

Research has shown that Onitsha is the fifth fastest growing city in the world with the biggest market in West Africa known as ‘Onitsha Main Market’. It is the economic nerve centre and the gateway to the eastern part of Nigeria. It is known to be a major commercial city in the South-East Nigeria, and according to the promoters of the mall, these were part of the reasons they chose to situate the multi-million naira project in Onitsha.

Also, Onitsha Mall will offer a serene shopping experience to retailers and customers with features such as 12,100 square meters of net lettable space; 24 hours electricity and security; over 500 parking bays; six local and international restaurants; central air conditioning; ATM gallery and an average of five stores reserved for banks.

According to the developer, the lucrative business environment, which provides huge investment opportunities for investors, is another major reason for building Onitsha Mall that would be the first of its kind in the city.

Obi Nwogugu, representative of African Capital Alliance, told those who attended the 0nitsha Mall Retailers Forum held in Lagos recently that the vision of Anambra State government and ACA for the Onitsha Mall was to build an infrastructure that would attract private capital into the state.

Nwogugu, who noted that Anambra State was ranked second in telecommunications disposable income and highest in commercial and microfinance banks branches in the Eastern Nigeria, also said that the city recently attracted investment worth $120 million from South African Breweries, which is currently planning to double its investment due to the success of the business.

“Onitsha Mall is a development project sponsored by African Capital Alliance and the Anambra State Government while Diamond Bank is the debt financier of the project. In terms of safety of lives and property, the state has recently received a significant investment in security equipment and personnel in the city, which created an enabling environment for business to thrive,” Nwogugu added.

Explaining the basis for the construction work, Chuka Okoye, project manager, Pro-M Limited, who stated that the construction work currently being handled by Akiota Works Limited, which took over from the former contractor, Technics Construction Company, assured that the project would be completed before the opening date of May 2015.

He slated February 1, 2015 as the proposed date for all the tenants to start occupying their spaces as the beneficial occupation shall be granted to tenants to commence their shop fit-outs, which is expected to take 30 to 60 days before the opening date.

“The mall, which would be managed by Broll Nigeria Limited on completion, is located at the old Anambra Broadcasting building at Park Street, off Awka Road in Onitsha.

The road leading to Park Street has been dualised and resurfaced with traffic lights by the state government to accommodate the volume of human and vehicular traffic on the road at the take-off of the mall,” Okoye explained.

September 30, 2014; http://businessdayonline.com/2014/09/eastern-retail-business-upbeat-as-capital-alliance-anambra-unveil-onitsha-mall/#.VCo1zBaE71U

It is also important to note that Nigeria's present minister of trade and investment in person of Okechukwu Enelamah of Abia state is the co/founder of ACA, which is the biggest equity firm in africa and its responsible for bringing MTN to Nigeria....

Tomorrow if he happens to be the governor of Abia state, haters should not accuse him of being rich over night because he already before join government is a dollar billionaire like in the case of orji uzor kalu
Re: Onitsha Mall Opens For Business Today- Pictures by Announcer007(m): 2:13pm On Apr 14, 2016
Enough of this praise singing Jarre. After all his doing what is expected of him. Oga Willie we indigenes of Orumba north have not felt the devident of your government. Anambra is your home state develope it while you can. You are already a rich man, don't get greed for wealth that you don't have need for.

I am planning to sell my three houses in Lagos and return back home to invest.

N:B please how can I get a police licensed gun from Anambra state as I won't take any shyt from any scumbaag
Re: Onitsha Mall Opens For Business Today- Pictures by AmericanQuarter: 2:35pm On Apr 14, 2016
Onitsha Shopping Mall. Osetigo.

5 Likes

Re: Onitsha Mall Opens For Business Today- Pictures by Nobody: 2:42pm On Apr 14, 2016
Schematics:
This all night job is quite telling on you!

Yes Obiano should be praised for this because Anambra State Government is a major stake-holder in this project alongside the foreign partners- Africa Capital Alliance(ACA). So the governor has every right to be here and not like that fat ugly incompetent governor of yours. Go and focus on your useless and worthless Imo state.

[s][/s]

Imo is not worthless, it's just plagued by useless leaders. Forget the BOT you just quoted. grin
I pray we will get a Peter Obi and eventually an Obiano, Imo will rise one day.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Mall Opens For Business Today- Pictures by Deepfreezer(m): 3:19pm On Apr 14, 2016
AmericanQuarter:
Shoppers have already filled the huge parking bay of the Onitsha mall. Onitsha has too many rich residents.
please more pictures. especially the inside.
Re: Onitsha Mall Opens For Business Today- Pictures by Deepfreezer(m): 3:20pm On Apr 14, 2016
AmericanQuarter:
please more pictures. especially the inside.
Re: Onitsha Mall Opens For Business Today- Pictures by Nobody: 3:26pm On Apr 14, 2016
Beremx:
The same people that condemned and criticized Rochas for formerly opening Owerri Mall and Shoprite will come and praise Obiano for the same thing. So much love for Igbo Unity.

Nice one Obiano!

Lol
Re: Onitsha Mall Opens For Business Today- Pictures by Iprofit: 3:28pm On Apr 14, 2016
AmericanQuarter:
Onitsha mall appears to be the biggest and most beautiful in the SE. It is quite huge with massive parking bay! Obiano is set to commission the completed project jointly developed by the Anambra State government and Africa Capital Alliance. The mall will host Shoprite, Mr. Price, Woolworth, 5 Continental Restaurants/Fastfoods, Banking Halls, Cineplex/Games, Flight ticketing firms etc. It is a one-stop-shopping mall East of the Niger.
taah it's not bigger than enugu mall besides the smallest I've ever seen

What's up its still raining cats and dogs there
It's already 3:30
Re: Onitsha Mall Opens For Business Today- Pictures by AstraNetwork: 3:35pm On Apr 14, 2016
Shut up the OP is right, it is bigger than the Enugu mall, deal with it!

[s]
Iprofit:
taah it's not bigger than enugu mall besides the smallest I've ever seen

What's up its still raining cats and dogs there
It's already 3:30
[/s]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photos Of Ariaria Market, Aba After Heavy Downpour Yesterday / Lagos Shuts Mandilas Market / Money Was Wrongfully Transfered Into My Account, What Should I Do? Pls Advise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.