Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,397 members, 7,843,161 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

How Objective Are You? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Objective Are You? (736 Views)

Atheists,be Objective In Your Criticisms / Can Objective Morality Exist Without God? / Is Spirituality Subjective Or Objective? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Objective Are You? by noetic2: 4:47pm On Aug 03, 2009
Whats the height of expression u can hear about ur sacred beliefs before u go ballistic?

a. There are several islamic threads where posts are deleted, non muslims commentators are banned and entire threads deleted or blocked. This is simply because some one cannot bear the contents that establish that allah is a moon-god or mohammed is a false prophet, paedophilia et all. Many muslims have issued threats on this forum to other forumites, simply for disagreeing with their view point.

b. Several times many christians resort to name calling if and when unprovable theories about Jesus or the bible are stated on this forum. Never mind that the propagators of this theories cannot explicitly state or defend their claims. . .certain christian commentators end up issuing threats.

c. Many atheists on this forum have repeatedly resorted to name calling and use of foul language, whenever the rationality of their beliefs are questioned. We have seen several atheists make a fool of themselves when ever their beliefs is placed under the analysis of a microscope.

Are you an objective person? how objective are u?

would u kill and terrorise for ur god, God, belief, religion and view point?
Re: How Objective Are You? by toneyb: 4:56pm On Aug 03, 2009
noetic2:

b. Several times many christians resort to name calling if and when unprovable theories about Jesus or the bible are stated on this forum. Never mind that the propagators of this theories cannot explicitly state or defend their claims. . .certain christian commentators end up issuing threats.

I say that there are so many contradictions in the bible and stories that do not add up and I can defend that claim using the bible.
Re: How Objective Are You? by noetic2: 4:58pm On Aug 03, 2009
toneyb:

I say that there are so many contradictions in the bible and stories that do not add up and I can defend that claim using the bible.

why are u trying to derail the thread.

you have made this false claim over a million times. . . and CANNOT prove ur alleged assertions. . . .why not open a thread to address ur "concerns"

Back to the thread. . .how objective are u?
Re: How Objective Are You? by toneyb: 5:06pm On Aug 03, 2009
noetic2:

why are u trying to derail the thread.

you have made this false claim over a million times. . . and CANNOT prove ur alleged assertions. . . .why not open a thread to address ur "concerns"

Back to the thread. . .how objective are u?

OK I will open a new thread so that we can deal with that.

I try to be as objective as I can be In fact that was what made me leave christianity. I can't kill anybody for my point of view. I only state my position and leave, If you insult me then I return fire for fire. I always try to keep an open mind at leat all the time, sometimes I am baised most time I try not to be.
Re: How Objective Are You? by tubabie(f): 5:15pm On Aug 03, 2009
noetic2:

Whats the height of expression u can hear about ur sacred beliefs before u go ballistic?

Are you an objective person? how objective are u?

would u kill and terrorise for ur god, God, belief, religion and view point?

Being objective on the religion thread is very hard.For religious beings they believe its the core of existence.
Most people place so much importance on their beliefs and are not prepared to be accommodating but would prefer to foist their "way" on others.
On another hand being objective doesnt have to mean encouraging ill put forward views or beliefs. it doesnt stop one from demanding logical explanations. That said on a scale of 1 to 10 , i would give myself 7.

I would not terrorise nor kill for my God, He is more than able to take care of himself and His own.
Re: How Objective Are You? by noetic2: 5:27pm On Aug 03, 2009
toneyb:

OK I will open a new thread so that we can deal with that.

I try to be as objective as I can be In fact that was what made me leave christianity. I can't kill anybody for my point of view. I only state my position and leave, If you insult me then I return fire for fire. I always try to keep an open mind at leat all the time, sometimes I am baised most time I try not to be.

how did objectivity make u leave christianity?

tubabie:

Being objective on the religion thread is very hard.For religious beings they believe its the core of existence.
Most people place so much importance on their beliefs and are not prepared to be accommodating but would prefer to foist their "way" on others.
On another hand being objective doesnt have to mean encouraging ill put forward views or beliefs. it doesnt stop one from demanding logical explanations. That said on a scale of 1 to 10 , i would give myself 7.

I would not terrorise nor kill for my God, He is more than able to take care of himself and His own.

Good to know that. . . . .and very well said.
Re: How Objective Are You? by jagunlabi(m): 12:54pm On Aug 04, 2009
Objectivity and henotheistic religious ideologies and beliefs are anathema.They don't belong in the same space.Objectivity means being openminded enough to be able to mentally absorb and consider all possibilities,while religious belliefs mean being so totally closeminded to the extent of only being able to mentally absorb and consider posibilites that come from very limited and closed up source.
Religious people(especially those members of henotheistic religions like christianity or islam)have no business talking or using about the word "objectivity".It is a totally foreign word to them and does not exist in their vocabulary.
Re: How Objective Are You? by tubabie(f): 12:59pm On Aug 04, 2009
jagunlabi:

Objectivity and henotheistic religious ideologies and beliefs are anathema.They don't belong in the same space.Objectivity means being openminded enough to be able to mentally absorb and consider all possibilities,while religious belliefs mean being so totally closeminded to the extent of only being able to mentally absorb and consider posibilites that come from very limited and closed up source.
Religious people(especially those members of henotheistic religions like christianity or islam)have no business talking or using about the word "objectivity".It is a totally foreign word to them and does not exist in their vocabulary.
The purpose of the thread is to tell us our objective you are as an individual, are you? and to what extent would you act based on what you believe ?
Re: How Objective Are You? by posakosa(m): 1:30pm On Aug 04, 2009
Can anyone be truly objective, Objectivity in itself is quite difficult to achieve since we all in some way are affected by our personal/shared experiences. Hence creating/establishing a subjective state of mind.
Re: How Objective Are You? by jagunlabi(m): 2:25pm On Aug 04, 2009
I doubt if that is the purpose of this thread,but we won't go into that lane.
As for my own objectivity,i try very hard to be as objective as i could as i consider myself as a very openminded person.Afterall,i am a freethinker who always use the "Maybe Logic" to all informations that i come across.I do not believe in absolutistic approach to informations that i recieve from different sources.
It is my desire to be objective that made me leave religions like christianity out of my life.
tubabie:

The purpose of the thread is to tell us our objective you are as an individual, are you? and to what extent would you act based on what you believe ?

(1) (Reply)

Thou shall not have any gods before me / Is The Holy Spirit A Personality? / Spiritual Freedom – The Key To Societal Freedom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.