Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,260 members, 7,829,518 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

Senate Rushes Passage Of CCB Act Amendment - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Rushes Passage Of CCB Act Amendment (40906 Views)

Gbajabiamila: Amendment Of CCB Act An Error, Will Not See The Light Of Day / Senate Suspends Amendment Of CCB Act (screenshot) / Division In Senate Over Amendment Of CCB Act (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Rushes Passage Of CCB Act Amendment by IVORY2009(m): 4:50pm On Apr 14, 2016
chukwudi44:

chai!!! even Tinubu wife and boys in the senate sef fear catch dem for this matter!!! Saraki is a real strong man grin grin grin grin grin

Wat can she do? Do you want her to be disgraced and maybe beating blue-black, by the Saraki lead senators, right der @ the chambers..
Re: Senate Rushes Passage Of CCB Act Amendment by funlord(m): 4:50pm On Apr 14, 2016
angry
chukwudi44:
well done my brave senators!!! That amendment must be passed into law before the end of next month!!! lets speed it up and ensure it gets to the executive for assent before monday

This old man have you no shame? All I ever see you praising or supporting in this section are corrupt politicians or ideas, thieves or senseless policies! Maybe your own life is devoid of any sort of joy or progress and that is why you also insist that nigeria remains the same!

And its not as if you have benefitted from any of these crooks or the pdp's 16 years of misrule sef! If you walked up to sarakis gate in maitama, you would only receive slaps and frog jump lessons because to them you are a NOBODY! Try and stand for justice and what is right and stop embarrassing your lineage!

Its not our fault that the opportunities for progress available during the days of your youth were fritted away by these goats you now have as role models in your old age! Grow up!

P.s: I'm not a pdp or apc supporter, so you can start to rant like a child with soiled nappies about zombies or wailers, na you sabi! This merciless advice is THE TRUTH! YOU and everyone else that reads it knows it!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Rushes Passage Of CCB Act Amendment by eligibility: 4:51pm On Apr 14, 2016
chukwudi44:
well done my brave senators!!! That amendment must be passed into law before the end of next month!!! lets speed it up and ensure it gets to the executive for assent before monday

For those that are hailing saraki will cry for him if he is kicked out from the football field. For God sake,stop supporting thieves.
Finally, for those encouraging criminality,none of you will go unpunished .

4 Likes

Re: Senate Rushes Passage Of CCB Act Amendment by topsam1(m): 4:51pm On Apr 14, 2016
chukwudi44:

chai!!! even Tinubu wife and boys in the senate sef fear catch dem for this matter!!! Saraki is a real strong man grin grin grin grin grin
. Plz remember the adage that goes thus "the slowly walking of a lion is not of cowardly" just watch on....

3 Likes

Re: Senate Rushes Passage Of CCB Act Amendment by Doyin2(m): 4:51pm On Apr 14, 2016
chukwudi44:

Buhari forged WAEC certificates to contest for elections and people like you were hailing him and saying "even if he presents NEPA bill certificate,I will vote for him" and today you dare to lecture me on morality!!! are you for real?

I think you need a psychiatric healing.

Which WAEC certificate did the president forge?

3 Likes

Re: Senate Rushes Passage Of CCB Act Amendment by dklex(m): 4:52pm On Apr 14, 2016
This is what corruption has turn this our beloved country to, our so call senators are the one disturbing the peace of the country. SOS
Re: Senate Rushes Passage Of CCB Act Amendment by erico2k2(m): 4:52pm On Apr 14, 2016
omobaekiti:
I have come to realise that most south easterners are going to support criminality in as much as the issue is against Buhari or APC...I really don't understand their hatred for the man...may God save us oh
Who is the south easterners in the senate being embattled ?
Re: Senate Rushes Passage Of CCB Act Amendment by Luggi007(m): 4:53pm On Apr 14, 2016
kropotkin2:
Buhari and Tinubu must do everything in their power to make sure this bill is shot down in the house of representatives. We cannot condone the alteration on existing law to suit the whims of a corrupt public official, because it has very grave implications for the future. I hope the forces of good in both the senate and house muster enough courage to uphold the president's expected veto. By the way it takes 2/3rds of the 109 senators to override a presidential veto. That means saraki and his criminal gang of senators need at least 73 votes (assuming all 109 senators attend plenary on the day the vote is taken), while in the house of representatives it will also take 2/3rd of the 360 representatives, making the number required for an override to be 240(assuming also all members are in attendance). I doubt if saraki can muscle up that number. But if he eventually does then id say we just make the crook our president.

Hmmm!!!! You are on point my bother, im beginning get angry with the softness and non-charlancy attitude of the preident to this issue of Saraki, his plots and foot soldiers in the senate. If the president continues like this, then im afraid the worst and the unexpected could happen....

5 Likes

Re: Senate Rushes Passage Of CCB Act Amendment by erico2k2(m): 4:54pm On Apr 14, 2016
eligibility:

For those that are hailing saraki will cry for him if he is kicked out from the football field. For God sake,stop supporting thieves.
Name any minister you support in this govt. U are quick to judge. Even ur own very councilor in ur ward is corrupt would that prayer of urs go for you as well?
Re: Senate Rushes Passage Of CCB Act Amendment by AdiscoPele: 4:55pm On Apr 14, 2016
@chukwudi44 what makes you think Saraki is a national leader and Tinubu a sectional leader?

Who was Saraki before he became the Senate President?

Where was he when Tinubu was made National Leader of APC?

I bet it, you dont really know much about politics.

5 Likes

Re: Senate Rushes Passage Of CCB Act Amendment by PentiumPro(f): 4:55pm On Apr 14, 2016
DONSMITH123:
Stop supporting evil. A word is enough for thee. lipsrsealed

You are advising a wrong person. Pa Shukudi has sold his life for a mere porridge.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Rushes Passage Of CCB Act Amendment by dyydxx: 4:56pm On Apr 14, 2016
erico2k2:

If and wen new evidence are brought in then it will stand
Moreso as things stand there is no strong physical evidence produced yet.all evidence so far cannot be proven beyound reasonable doubt. That's the sad reality. It's the masses who suffer at these games.

Don't you get it

Even if saraki accomplishes the impossible and get's it somehow to be law. It still wouldn't apply to him. It would only apply to new cases from enactment. He is still a goner regardless.

Bunch of corrupt thieves

1 Like

Re: Senate Rushes Passage Of CCB Act Amendment by PentiumPro(f): 4:57pm On Apr 14, 2016
AdiscoPele:
@chukwudi44 what makes you think Saraki is a national leader and Tinubu a sectional leader?

grin grin grin grin
Lolz, if you know his antecedent on this board, you wouldn't be bothered. He is a well known anti-Tinubu and pro Saraki old man.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Rushes Passage Of CCB Act Amendment by Nobody: 4:57pm On Apr 14, 2016
idnole4:
The president do not need to veto the bill. He only needs to keep it on the shelve where it belongs. He can just inform the press, he's studying it.

If the president does not sign or veto the bill within 30 days of passage,it automatically becomes law.If he vetoes it and 2/3 of the NASS overrides his veto,it will also become law!! The way it is as long as the NASS is united,they can pass any bill into law cool cool cool cool

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Rushes Passage Of CCB Act Amendment by rusher14: 4:57pm On Apr 14, 2016
CFCman:

Your statement isn't quite accurate.

A vetoed bill requires the vote of a 2/3 majority of members of both the Senate and House of Reps to become law. Judging by recent developments, it looks like Saraki will garner the required number of votes in the Senate. Not too sure about the HOR.

The meat on the bone of this bill isn't clear at present.

It however appears as if they intend to decriminalise any CCB/CCT related matter.

In other words, I fit chop money but I cannot be convicted for it.

It's the Nigerian youth I pity.

Continue clapping for them. Continue training your awka guns on your classmates on campus. The ones that have raped your mom and dad, deprived them of salaries for months are saying thank you for your support.

They couldn't have done it without you.

To the issue at the moment, the HOR would be the first stumbling block and of course the Executive would never ascent to it if ever it passes the HOR.

This case would only inoculate the next Senate President but Saraki would definitely be prosecuted.

Watch this space.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Rushes Passage Of CCB Act Amendment by bankole200(m): 4:58pm On Apr 14, 2016
The lawbreakers at it again. Always given quick response to anything beneficial to them. Not minding their various constituencies and constituents that sent them there.

1 Like

Re: Senate Rushes Passage Of CCB Act Amendment by UdehEbukaC(m): 4:58pm On Apr 14, 2016
I trust my able Senators who have refused to be intimidated by an executive controlled by soldiers and DSS, and Fulani herdsmen. Only them and the Supreme Court can save this nation from the hands of these never do wells that have taken over the country. That explains why even tinubu and buhari's henchmen in the Senate failed to oppose the Bill. Even them are tired of the acts of impunity being exhibited by the executive. Some people forget that being an army general doesn't make one a politician. Time to give the dullards some lectures on political culture. Ride on Distinguished Senators.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Rushes Passage Of CCB Act Amendment by Nobody: 4:59pm On Apr 14, 2016
AdiscoPele:

Because Saraki has been able to become senate president,a position Tinubu has never dreamt of occupying.His highest office has been Governor of Lagos state and local champion of the SW.
I hope you don't mind posting links as to where and when the APC made Tinubu it's national leader.I am waiting!!! The SW media would just go and concoct a title and assume it is real.SMH

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Rushes Passage Of CCB Act Amendment by rusher14: 4:59pm On Apr 14, 2016
AdiscoPele:

You just join Nairaland?

That's Saraki's Dino Melaye of the cybersphere.
Re: Senate Rushes Passage Of CCB Act Amendment by eligibility: 4:59pm On Apr 14, 2016
IVORY2009:

Wat can she do? Do you want her to be disgraced and maybe beating blue-black, by the Saraki lead senators, right der @ the chambers..

Very shameful submission.
Re: Senate Rushes Passage Of CCB Act Amendment by dyydxx: 5:00pm On Apr 14, 2016
chukwudi44:

If the president does not sign or veto the bill within 30 days of passage,it automatically becomes law.If he vetoes it and 2/3 of the NASS overrides his veto,it will also become law!! The way it is as long as the NASS is united,they can pass any bill into law cool cool cool cool

Even if it becomes law, it will not affect Saraki's case. Saraki would still be tried on the old law. So Saraki is hooked regrdless

2 Likes

Re: Senate Rushes Passage Of CCB Act Amendment by Nobody: 5:01pm On Apr 14, 2016
dyydxx:

Don't you get it

Even if saraki accomplishes the impossible and get's it somehow to be law. It still wouldn't apply to him. It would only apply to new cases from enactment. He is still a goner regardless.

Bunch of corrupt thieves
continue to dream,If anyone still thinks of prosecution after this bill is passed into law,another bill would be introduced to confer immunity on the SP and speaker of the HOR cool cool cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Rushes Passage Of CCB Act Amendment by PentiumPro(f): 5:02pm On Apr 14, 2016
chukwudi44:

Because Saraki has been able to become senate president,a position Tinubu has never dreamt of occupying.His highest office has been Governor of Lagos state and local champion of the SW

Idiokpa, why do you normally have a brain freeze when the discussion is on Tinubu or Saraki?

1 Like

Re: Senate Rushes Passage Of CCB Act Amendment by orakao8: 5:04pm On Apr 14, 2016
ABEG...10 BOTTLES OF GULDER FOR YOU cheesy wink wink
chukwudi44:

just wait and see!!! Buhari wants a tool to control the legislators. They will now unite and teach him some lessons in politics.The legislators know it is Saraki today and it can be any one of them tomorrow.

As for Tinubu,this is national politics and far beyond him.He is only a local champion

1 Like

Re: Senate Rushes Passage Of CCB Act Amendment by hibroym(m): 5:04pm On Apr 14, 2016
[color=#006600][/color]Yes o....APC has entered one chance by making Saraki 2 emerge as senate president.
Ds is another plot by PDP 2 takeover n 2019,if care is not taken Saraki may succeed d CCT trial wt d support of ds senate members.
Re: Senate Rushes Passage Of CCB Act Amendment by NigerianDiamond(m): 5:04pm On Apr 14, 2016
chukwudi44:

Re: Senate Rushes Passage Of CCB Act Amendment by NigerianDiamond(m): 5:04pm On Apr 14, 2016
chukwudi44:

Tinubu is an obsession for you and your people. I hope you don't orgasm when you hear his name.

1 Like

Re: Senate Rushes Passage Of CCB Act Amendment by dyydxx: 5:04pm On Apr 14, 2016
chukwudi44:

continue to dream,If anyone still thinks of prosecution after this bill is passed into law,another bill would be introduced to confer immunity on the SP and speaker of the HOR cool cool cool

it is you that is already dreaming, they haven't even done this one yet, you are already saying immunity. You are truly deluded. Let's watch and see.

I repeat even if he does the impossible and pushes this amendment to law, which i say again is impossible in the current environment, It still would not affect him. He cannot escape prosecution
Re: Senate Rushes Passage Of CCB Act Amendment by Highvotage: 5:06pm On Apr 14, 2016
Its like we've forgotten that you can not change the rule of the game at the middle of same game.
This amendment can only take effect after passage and will not affect ongoing cases as the case may be.
Re: Senate Rushes Passage Of CCB Act Amendment by BuddhaPalm(m): 5:06pm On Apr 14, 2016
chukwudi44:

What would happen if the president refuses to sign?
Re: Senate Rushes Passage Of CCB Act Amendment by UdehEbukaC(m): 5:07pm On Apr 14, 2016
rusher14:

The meat on the bone of this bill isn't clear at present.

It however appears as if they intend to decriminalise any CCB/CCT related matter.

In other words, I fit chop money but I cannot be convicted for it.

It's the Nigerian youth I pity.

Continue clapping for them. Continue training your awka guns on your classmates on campus. The ones that have raped your mom and dad, deprived them of salaries for months are saying thank you for your support.

They couldn't have done it without you.

To the issue at the moment, the HOR would be the first stumbling block and of course the Executive would never ascent to it if ever it passes the HOR.

This case would only inoculate the next Senate President but Saraki would definitely be prosecuted.

Watch this space.

Stop exposing your ignorance. The fact that the Act that established the CCB/CCT is amended to align with the Constitution which never intended a tribunal with criminal jurisdiction did not mean that a person who committed an offense in relation to Code of Conduct will no longer be prosecuted. We still have the High Court who have unfettered jurisdiction to handle such matters.
Re: Senate Rushes Passage Of CCB Act Amendment by hajlat(m): 5:07pm On Apr 14, 2016
eligibility:

AMEN,trillion times.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Onyeama Knocks South African Minister Who Described Nigerians As Drug Dealers / Shekau Fatally Injured As Army Kills Boko Haram Commanders In Sambisa / Comrade Buses: Named After Adams Oshiomhole In Edo (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.