Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,194 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:22 AM

ASUU Strike, Your Views And Objections - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike, Your Views And Objections (5657 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / Meaning Of Some Words In Hon. Patrick's Speech On ASUU Strike / ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Strike, Your Views And Objections by henchmark: 7:57pm On Aug 05, 2009
ASUU is the most stupid association i know of am sorry to say. they should learn fom MEND ( militants)!!! to get what you want you have to be tough, i have always known of ASUU strike since 1996, why not fight once and for all, if they had continued their strike of april 1996 for two years by today there would be no strike rather they are been struck. they are just a group of divided and unserious people, they should get back to work  fast!!!!!

ASUU Is An Obstacle To Nigeria Education
no friend , private institutions are!!!!!
Re: ASUU Strike, Your Views And Objections by ayotee2000(m): 9:43pm On Aug 05, 2009
bros me, leave ASUU sef.

Before I got into university, they tried the strike method with IBB! 9 months, Maradona boned them well! Then I got in, they tot Obasanjo will be a softer guy. Ha!! 6 months, I spent in my dad's crib! And now, for university teachers, it's sad to say they never learn from history.

So help us God
tongue
Re: ASUU Strike, Your Views And Objections by chyk91(m): 11:05pm On Aug 05, 2009
let ASUU just call the strike off. no rich man pikin dey naija school.
Re: ASUU Strike, Your Views And Objections by Prapra: 3:59am On Aug 06, 2009
ASUU should find another alternative: what is this alternative everybody has been suggesting but nobody has been revealing. ASSU is the right body for the 9gerian system, because the govt of the day is wack and not educational-inclined. I am also a student but it is quite unfortunate + if i had the means i would have been a politician's son so as to go abroad and lick the western capsule. ASSU is doing the right thing but the students must understand too. On the side of ASSU, they should not let this money surfing to make them forget their passion for the job. A lecturer-student relationship should be built with love and support for the system and till this is efficacious, the system will still be bad (as we here autonomy is now granted). They should also b a body to checkmate the activities of Lectures and all those in the system to ensure maximum productivity and credible results.

Brox.
Re: ASUU Strike, Your Views And Objections by saalma(f): 5:04am On Aug 06, 2009
i agree, both parties are to blame. but you see, assume yar'adua and johnathan are a new president and vice, we have a president and his vice who are both lecturers and ASUU is on strike?? it makes no sense to me! shocked
Re: ASUU Strike, Your Views And Objections by Nobody: 8:59am On Aug 06, 2009
@brein

i can understand that your father did not teach you respect at home that is why you could come here and call professors and lecturers bastards, if for nothing are they not older than you - how dare you.

our Educational system is collapsing, every one wants to go to UK, US, even Ghana for common Education,
the universities cannot retain the best brains cos the money is not attractive.

no tools to work with, no labs, no research no funding no nothing.

the children of our leaders attend schools abroad so they dont care

a Nation that would not educate its people is strategically working towards failure
Re: ASUU Strike, Your Views And Objections by Prapra: 10:38am On Aug 06, 2009
Yes Mr. Lec, you are absolutely right. I am a student and though at my level i think my university is up to standard but since everything is "Nigeria", evrything is falling appart little by littl. The both parties should view the effect of their actions and only but then will they know the underpinnings of its reality and view it as a system in which everybody has to put in his/her best.

For Lecturers:
No fake handout or any handouts for whatever reason should be sold
sex chastisement should seize or drop (at least)
Exam malpractices (paper leakages)
Ensure that there are really working staff and not ghost workaz and sprawlers
Love and protect their integrity
Zealous to carry out their function with the love of a father or a mother not eschewed off.
Visiting Lecturers must meet their QUOTA
Have lecture notes
Settle down to give tests (so as to know the capability or the leap holes of his/her students) before going unto exams,
etc,

The govt's own is well known and i guess they are going to change; if not ASUU: NO GOING BACK O.
After all i can't stay at home all these while and the govt. not ammeliorating issues. If it comes to the worst we can protest from the house or start causing hideous fracas in the society in one way or the other. First we can start shutting down some , just like the militants (who they've bin pumping them with more and more of the loot comming out from the oil sector) .

Abeg e don do, !!!!
Re: ASUU Strike, Your Views And Objections by Nobody: 10:39am On Aug 06, 2009
"
Re: ASUU Strike, Your Views And Objections by Nobody: 10:43am On Aug 06, 2009
Prapra:

Yes Mr. Lec, you are absolutely right. I am a student and though at my level i think my university is up to standard but since everything is "Nigeria", evrything is falling appart little by littl. The both parties should view the effect of their actions and only but then will they know the underpinnings of its reality and view it as a system in which everybody has to put in his/her best.

For Lecturers:
No fake handout or any handouts for whatever reason should be sold
sex chastisement should seize or drop (at least)
Exam malpractices (paper leakages)
Ensure that there are really working staff and not ghost workaz and sprawlers
Love and protect their integrity
Zealous to carry out their function with the love of a father or a mother not eschewed off.
Visiting Lecturers must meet their QUOTA
Have lecture notes
Settle down to give tests (so as to know the capability or the leap holes of his/her students) before going unto exams,
etc,

The govt's own is well known and i guess they are going to change; if not ASUU: NO GOING BACK O.
After all i can't stay at home all these while and the govt. not ammeliorating issues. If it comes to the worst we can protest from the house or start causing hideous fracas in the society in one way or the other. First we can start shutting down some , just like the militants (who they've bin pumping them with more and more of the loot comming out from the oil sector) .

Abeg e don do, !!!!

Re: ASUU Strike, Your Views And Objections by poronto1: 10:46am On Aug 06, 2009
GREATEST LASUITES!GREATEST LASUITES!!GREATEST LASUITES!!!GREATEST GBOGBOGBOGBOGBOGBOGOGOGOGO, FG ARE STUPID AND EVEN I SHOULD SAY IYALAYA FG .STRIKE NA BAD THING MAKE WE PRAY NAIOJA TI KOLO NAIJA DON SPOIL RUTIN DIE> OLOSHI NI NAIJA GOD G|O PUNIOSH NIGERIAN LEADERS DIE>
Re: ASUU Strike, Your Views And Objections by kopland: 12:00pm On Aug 06, 2009
Dont concerned Nigerians think we need revolution.in order to
get things right.
Re: ASUU Strike, Your Views And Objections by adumaadan: 12:25pm On Aug 06, 2009
i am so bitter abt this strike. they are wasting our time both the fg ang the association itself. imagine, when one finishes eventually, all those stupid employers will now tell u if u are more than a particular age, then dont apply not considerin the no of years wasted on ASUU. i pray for them sha. i rememba duirng my 1st degree, we went on strike for ova a year. am on the second one just becos of lack of job and the strike is holdg me back.their kids are not here.
Re: ASUU Strike, Your Views And Objections by nnalove(m): 1:05pm On Aug 06, 2009
See all nairalanders i think we have a very big problem in this country. How could the federal government and his deputy be so heartless to our education sector, despite the fact that both were formal university lectures in their difference location. Their action toward ASSU STRICK shows that both do not value neither know the important of education in our society and its role in lifting the nation higher. And they should try and make sure that we student go back to our various schools, because i believe it may that their children is not in any of university in nigeria that is why ASSU requests have not be granted. How i wish the NATIONAL ASSEMBLY will put it into law that 'all the public office holders from A to Z must put their children in public school or must make sure that non of their children is studying in private schools not to even allow them to go abroad . By this our education sector will stand. That is wat i think
Re: ASUU Strike, Your Views And Objections by smaad06: 3:50pm On Aug 06, 2009
well as for me i will say there is no one to be blame for the strike coz thats life in the mind of a average nigerian,
the average nigerian is a selfish individual inrespective of the deatrument of their fellow humans, Left to me i suggest after the STUPID ASUU strike all the students should embark on their strike and let see how the lecturers will cope,
Re: ASUU Strike, Your Views And Objections by Nobody: 5:42pm On Aug 06, 2009
@ Kaecy5

Sorry if i sounded insultive' but i wasn't laying a finger on anyone. I presume u to be a lecturer though.
Okies how about "The FG are bastards!"[/b]
are satisfied with that? cheesy
Re: ASUU Strike, Your Views And Objections by smaad06: 6:27pm On Aug 06, 2009
well its seems like u ve misqouted wat i actually mean,,,,,im not on the ASUU or FG side im just outside blasting the both of them, hope u get that now?
Re: ASUU Strike, Your Views And Objections by toideve(m): 7:14pm On Aug 06, 2009
with what this lecturers teach/lecture we Public Students i personally don't think they deserve any salary increase until they are willing to up their games. so when ASUU are tired they should let us know so we can go back to school
Re: ASUU Strike, Your Views And Objections by Bujuw: 8:09pm On Aug 06, 2009
na waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, like this we go dey dey. the matter is really serious, god plz help the state of mind of our fellow student, coz,
Re: ASUU Strike, Your Views And Objections by Chrisbenogor(m): 8:17pm On Aug 06, 2009
How much damage will you do to a sector you want to save, rubbish all Nigerians might as well carry arms and fight burn the country to the ground kill as many people as possible then start all over. The Government is way smarter than these ASUU thugs and they will continue to loose the battle.
Re: ASUU Strike, Your Views And Objections by iyk41luv: 11:44pm On Aug 06, 2009
O men m rlly pissed with so called ASUU strike m rlly bored at home most esp m damn broke guys in school u know what i mean.ASUU God punish una 4 makin m broke.rakwanushi(make una chop shit 4 there wey una dey)abeg i don comot 4 here .i don vex
Re: ASUU Strike, Your Views And Objections by sapphire01(m): 1:12am On Aug 07, 2009
man its just so shameful dat university students nationwide have been home close 2 seven weeks now n everything goes on as if nothin is wrong. sometimes i regret been born into dis country. dem ASUU folks themselves are cowards. they said they re fightin 4 better condition of service 4 d sake of naija students, ow wil u rate their performance wit d little they've had over a long time, woeful!!!!! just hope God gets into d issue 4 d sake of youths wit a vision
Re: ASUU Strike, Your Views And Objections by SMSguru(m): 9:10am On Aug 07, 2009
We've always had and may always have a deaf government.
I don't know what those at the helm of affairs in Nigeria take Nigerians for. Imagine tertiary education sector of all sectors, the government is playing with it.

I wonder if Yar'adua really graduated from the university. Or he just dropped out of school like I did. grin
Re: ASUU Strike, Your Views And Objections by opad(m): 9:48am On Aug 07, 2009
We students should realize that the education sector is not a priority to the F.G, they havent got any good intentions, the most painful thing abt the strike is that those useless ASUU members are only fighting for their own selfish interest. Other demands like Retirement age of the V.C, improved Research, nd others have been met except their salary increase which they are clamoring for, its very unfortunate for th F.G not prioritising Education.
And to we the students lets maximize this strike to make something good for ourselves, learn a skill or trade. Knowledge gotten cannot b taken away. Learn something and be good at it, who knows it might be relevant to you 2morrow.
Re: ASUU Strike, Your Views And Objections by Nezan(m): 9:58am On Aug 07, 2009
opad:

We students should realize that the education sector is not a priority to the F.G, they havent got any good intentions, the most painful thing abt the strike is that those useless ASUU members are only fighting for their own selfish interest. Other demands like Retirement age of the V.C, improved Research, nd others have been met except their salary increase which they are clamoring for, its very unfortunate for th F.G not prioritising Education.
And to we the students lets maximize this strike to make something good for ourselves, learn a skill or trade. Knowledge gotten cannot b taken away. Learn something and be good at it, who knows it might be relevant to you 2morrow.
Good talk
Re: ASUU Strike, Your Views And Objections by corrall(f): 12:04pm On Aug 07, 2009
Whateva it is we say about ASUU and their strikes, d students are the ones suffering, i spent 7 years in a 5 year programme, is it supposed to b so? even after that it is still very hard to get d certificate cos of one strike or the other, and widout d certificate u cant do anything else partaining to getting a job, and cos of that it draws us back as a country.

D best thing to do is to close down every private university, cos that is where d whole issues starts. dis politicians steal d money they are supposed to use and develop d federal unis, build private unis, put in state of d art equipments, make sure they are accredited, then their counterparts send their children there, n forget about the rest of us dat dont have d millions to pay, n then they dont care if d lecturers of fed unis are on strike for 5 years, Its just not fair.
Re: ASUU Strike, Your Views And Objections by mimaa(f): 1:23pm On Aug 07, 2009
This strike issue is not about government, president or lecturer because most of them their children are enjoying the benefit of other country, believe me most of their children are schooling abroad and to them the are not loosing anything, but look at us here in nigeria suffering from one problem to another instead of university improving academically but rather things are being deteriorated, it pains me so much whenever i wake up and i found out that i ve not even written my postume in unn i always fell like crying cos i really want to be in school atleast by september, pls let us put our head together and fight this strike sickness that is eating deep into our skull off, we cannot just relax in the house and keep talking as if powers lies in our hand and i believe prayer can equally do cos i know the lord i am serving is not deaf nor dump, God knows what is happening in this our country especially to the less privilege. I believe action we do too, student should try and mobilize themselves and cry out to the nigerian leader cos i believe that will equally help matters as well. once the strike is call off you people should not hesitate to let me know pls, my phone is 08038487824. thanks for your concern.
Re: ASUU Strike, Your Views And Objections by emamihwop: 1:32pm On Aug 07, 2009
I think federal govt should do what is right so that the teachers csn come back if not m in full support with ASUU
Re: ASUU Strike, Your Views And Objections by palermo: 4:50pm On Aug 07, 2009
yes, people holding the echelon of power children schooled abroad. i.e. Senator Katagun's son studied in Malaysia lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Problems Of Education System / Study In Sweden For Free - Karlstad University International Scholarships 2018 / Student Affairs Set To Host First-annual Student Summit In IMSU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.