Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:06 AM

ASUU Strike, Your Views And Objections - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike, Your Views And Objections (5663 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / Meaning Of Some Words In Hon. Patrick's Speech On ASUU Strike / ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Strike, Your Views And Objections by cvnresume: 6:33pm On Aug 07, 2009
They are only fighting for their pockets and not the interest of students
Re: ASUU Strike, Your Views And Objections by otokx(m): 1:48pm On Aug 08, 2009
A lot of posters here should go back and retake if they passed their GES - communication skills. Why the insults? Make your point and leave out the insults. Please go and look for work because the strike is just starting. Giving the current situation of things - its either the strike is called off this week via a suspension or it will officially start. From the look of things another academic year is about to be lost and its all because some "big people" don't want the public tertiary educational systems to work.
Re: ASUU Strike, Your Views And Objections by mechris: 6:04pm On Aug 08, 2009
The universities are too many and with no quality at all!! Govt should reduce thier nos and then upgrade them totally in infrastrucre and accademia.
Re: ASUU Strike, Your Views And Objections by otokx(m): 2:12am On Aug 10, 2009
This is going to be a crucial week.
Re: ASUU Strike, Your Views And Objections by Nobody: 6:41am On Aug 10, 2009
ASUU pisses me off. I wish i can get a choice to entice all of them into a big hall and blow them up. That way ASUU will be wiped off. This reminds of university like NAU which never goes on strike. Long live Ilochi that wiped ASUU away from NAU. I wish i applied for that univeristy, i am regreting heavily why to unilag and imsu that will never let ASUU. Unilag wey head office of absuu, na them dey even fuel the strike. That is the kind of man we need as Ministry of Education, not some good-for-nothing peeps over there eating money and doing shit. Nonsense country. If this strike pass this year, i go just go begin mechanic, nonsense country. This strike just dey burn my heart like fire. I know say if Obj still dey there him for don settle ASUU like him settle labor. ASUU you are lucky i am not the president of nigeria i for don swipe una off teta.
Re: ASUU Strike, Your Views And Objections by thimbook2(m): 8:08pm On Aug 10, 2009
there's no point hating ASUU, afterall, they are fighting for real issues with an irresponsible cabal nihilistic cabal that we call a government. let all other unions be less spineless and take a cue from ASUU. Haba? Why should a vast 40% of budgets and capital project allocations be used up on roughly less than 7000 politicians who head this country? Have you been to the rurals or can you imagine how much on Naija's wealth is squandered by these pretenders. Of what values are many of the bills they propose anyway. How many have a directly positive impact on the average life.

Its just a pity that students have to be the grass suffering the consequences of this struggle between elephants
Re: ASUU Strike, Your Views And Objections by Em2va: 10:23pm On Aug 10, 2009
@mechris
I feel you big time. All we need do now is pray wait and hope that this will soon be over
Re: ASUU Strike, Your Views And Objections by Phony200(m): 4:11am On Aug 11, 2009
Once a body embarks on this kind of strike, there's no going back. Why allow 7 weeks of strike to waste and back down? If FG does not FULLY consent, the strike will not end. Period, ASUU has staked too much already to turn back now.
Re: ASUU Strike, Your Views And Objections by otokx(m): 5:41am On Aug 11, 2009
The FG has finally revealed its true intentions by pulling out of the negotiating table; the movie has ended, now its time for the series - season 1 has just started.
Re: ASUU Strike, Your Views And Objections by Saazy(f): 11:16am On Aug 11, 2009
[color=#990000][/color]its nt an ASUU against govt tin rada its an ASUU vs ASUU fight!! [i][/i]wen obj wz in power,if there wz dis kinda strike we wud say because hes an illi?? coolcoolcoolcoolnw niga hz d first 'uni graduate' president!!!who sayz he dosnt no d value education??
as if dtz nt enof he wz a former lecturer!!!lord hv mercy.u stil fink hez govt?dnt fink so!!d v president,wz once a senior lecturer,d edu minister wz also a lecturer hw many more can i mention,4 crying out d govt is ASUU nd ASUU is d govt cos dey al know d imp of educatn
Lts jst pray dey realise dt dis is no ghana must go deal bt d future of dis country
Peace yo
Re: ASUU Strike, Your Views And Objections by otokx(m): 11:47am On Aug 11, 2009
There is a secret cabal rulling Nigeria and remoting Yar Adua and its they that have decided that students should be off campus; i wonder what evil they are up to. A law should be made prohibiting all public officers which includes, federal and state civil servants children from doing their first degrees in any university outside public universities.
Re: ASUU Strike, Your Views And Objections by Nobody: 12:00pm On Aug 11, 2009
Actually by the FGN pulling out of negotiations it has put the matter firmly in the hands of the individual university councils. It wiil be for these councils to determine the steps to take to ensure that normal learning activities can resume.
This development coupled with the enforcement of a 'no work no pay' rule will make it more difficult for ASUU to continue to present a unified front.
Re: ASUU Strike, Your Views And Objections by palermo: 12:24pm On Aug 11, 2009
Its terrible, as FG and ASUU are at loggerhead, they toying with students lives, is not the best, as both of them vouch not to reach compromise undecided kiss cry grin cheesy
Re: ASUU Strike, Your Views And Objections by molulu(f): 1:48pm On Aug 11, 2009
How can ASUU go on strike? These lecturers that take bribe, sexually, financially and psychologically harass students are going on strike over some agreements that they claim that the govt didn't uphold? They must be mad! Infact they're mad.Many of them make themselves demi-gods to their students yet their complaining that govt is highhanded. MADNESS!! I know a lot of people might say that the situation of the country has brought out all these vices in them but I say he who comes to equity must come with CLEAN HANDS! angryThe truth of the matter is that ASUU needs to do internal clean-up becos even if govt grants all their demands, they'll still continue in their own corruption because they are addicted to it. ASUU members shut up and go back to work, when you're washed clean, come back to the round-table.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike, Your Views And Objections by bagon: 6:14pm On Aug 11, 2009
honestly, i dont know what they want apart from putting pressure on the FG all these years and making students become 1/4 backed graduates in the process.
In this century in this jet age,we should be matching forward NOT going back 30 years !!
These strikes are not productive becos the FG DOES GIVE A F**k! who has a degree or not.
So, I long term solution may be PRIVATE UNIVERSITIES.
Re: ASUU Strike, Your Views And Objections by winta2007(m): 3:33am On Aug 12, 2009
Let ASUU fight for thier benefits.
Re: ASUU Strike, Your Views And Objections by otokx(m): 7:28am On Aug 12, 2009
Drama upon drama, perhaps in another two months we will still be here
Re: ASUU Strike, Your Views And Objections by U1(m): 9:33am On Aug 12, 2009
I guess this must be the umpteenth time I'll be saying this, both parties involved here just don't care a hoot, I tell you. cry
Re: ASUU Strike, Your Views And Objections by Babsj(m): 10:18am On Aug 12, 2009
why would they l isten to ASUU when none of there chidren is not in Nigeria? . All of us knew when Sam Egwu used 120million to celebrate wedding anniversary.
Re: ASUU Strike, Your Views And Objections by melikey(f): 10:35am On Aug 12, 2009
THE WHOLE STRIKING NOW AND THEN THING HAS GOTTEN SOOO SOOO BORING,
ITS JUST A VERY SAD PITY FOR NIGERIA, A COUNTRY THAT DOESNT TREAT EDUCATION
AS TOP PRIORITY IS HEADING FOR THE ULTIMATE FAILURE
AND THEY COMPLAIN EVERYONE WANTS TO LEAVE AT THEIR ANY OPPURTUNITY
CAN THEY BE BLAMED??
Re: ASUU Strike, Your Views And Objections by ogbongzky(m): 10:58am On Aug 12, 2009
If they call off ASUU strike, traffic to Nairaland will reduce, grin
Re: ASUU Strike, Your Views And Objections by ogbongzky(m): 11:05am On Aug 12, 2009
if you are really tired of ASUU strike, try ONLINE UNIVERSITIES, get materials, read, take online exams and get your certificate mailed to you, no dulling, no long thing and no runs**
Re: ASUU Strike, Your Views And Objections by stagger: 12:35pm On Aug 12, 2009
I posted a very frank statement about the truth of this fact and how the government is deceiving and lying to Nigerians daily about what the strike is all about. What happened?

The administrators deleted the post for reasons best known to them.

The fact is that ASUU is fighting a very just cause. And for those who think the problem is ASUU, you better think again.

Anyway the strike is just about to start. Get ready to lose an academic year if care is not taken. I believe in fighting a cause to the last.

If the admins will allow it, I will upload some documents of various negotiations and agreement signed by ASUU and Govt, which the civilian govts have refused to implement.

TILL DATE, ONLY THE GOVERNMENTS OF IBRAHIM BABANGIDA AND ABDULSALAM ABUBAKAR HAVE RESPECTED AND IMPLEMENTED AGREEMENTS THEY HAVE REACHED WITH ASUU.

What democracy are we therefore preaching when civilian govts cannot respect agreements?

How would anyone here feel if you enter into a business agreement with someone only for the person to renege on it at the final stage?
Re: ASUU Strike, Your Views And Objections by otokx(m): 1:35pm On Aug 13, 2009
This is a fight to finish; i can tell you that its either FG gives them 109% or nothing. This same FG increased the salaries of the Vice Chancellors from 400k per month to 1300k per month and backdated it to January 2007 that they are political holders. The entire university workforce is behind ASUU and so also are the masses. Its a few short sighted students that are just crying foul and being deceived by the likes of Yar Adua's wife whose children are not even affected.
Re: ASUU Strike, Your Views And Objections by cutey04(f): 1:59pm On Aug 13, 2009
otokx:

This is a fight to finish; i can tell you that its either FG gives them 109% or nothing. This same FG increased the salaries of the Vice Chancellors from 400k per month to 1300k per month and backdated it to January 2007 that they are political holders. The entire university workforce is behind ASUU and so also are the masses. Its a few short sighted students that are just crying foul and being deceived by the likes of Yar Adua's wife whose children are not even affected.

I totally agree to wat u said its really nt fair their children r nt even affected by the so called strike, its been two months and some days nd still yet the ASUU chairman has nothin to say. In todays papers he said the strike continues nd his own children are out of the country studying, nooooooo interruption,instead of usin 4 yrs to study we a course we use six, something has to be done,
Re: ASUU Strike, Your Views And Objections by otokx(m): 11:09am On Aug 14, 2009
@cutey

I don't think any of the children of the national chairman of ASUU are abroad. Please validate your facts.
Re: ASUU Strike, Your Views And Objections by symbee: 2:20pm On Aug 14, 2009
i really think the FG is the one putting our lives on the jeopardy course.it's easy 2 say ASUU is inconsiderate but would anyone one 2 work 4 yrs witout an improvement in working conditions or wuld u trust people who made d same promises over 6 yrs ago witout fulfilling dem. it's comon knowlede dat there only few govt children are studying in this country so why shuld de govt b concerned.
Re: ASUU Strike, Your Views And Objections by ifeanyija(m): 2:44pm On Aug 14, 2009
Why would Federal Government be bothered? come to think of it, how many of their children study in Nigerian Universities? if at all they are studying in Nigeria, it will definitely be in one of the private institutions. The question is can you compare a Professor's salary with the salary of any government official? Why won't ASUU fight for their right when only the allowances of those in power beats that of lecturers with a large margin? Federal Government should consider the children of those that can't live large in the name of God.
Re: ASUU Strike, Your Views And Objections by U1(m): 4:10pm On Aug 14, 2009
symbee:

i really think the FG is the one putting our lives on the jeopardy course.it's easy 2 say ASUU is inconsiderate but would anyone one 2 work 4 yrs witout an improvement in working conditions or wuld u trust people who made d same promises over 6 yrs ago witout fulfilling dem. it's comon knowlede dat there only few govt children are studying in this country so why shuld de govt b concerned.

Omo bone o, is it today that you are just realizing that FG don't care a hoot? By the way, what else can you boldly point at to show they care for anything at all than their pocket. I was listening to the news last night or early this morning and I heard the senate president talking , Of course, I know they don't care.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Spoken English And Mother Tongue Interference / Ksu Strike Latest!!! / Student Affairs Set To Host First-annual Student Summit In IMSU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.