Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,204 members, 7,822,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

My Pastor ask me to Pay Tithe when I won £289,701 On National Lottery, HELP ME! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Pastor ask me to Pay Tithe when I won £289,701 On National Lottery, HELP ME! (2168 Views)

Supreme Court Orders Gtbank To Pay Innoson Boss N12bn In 14 Days / Man Facing Eviction Threat By Landlady Wins N20m Lottery (pic) / MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Pastor ask me to Pay Tithe when I won £289,701 On National Lottery, HELP ME! by jasedu60: 6:58am On Apr 15, 2016
As a young journalist, I have been subjected to a lot of stories, but this? - I didn't see it coming..

Last week Sunday I asked my Pastor to pray on my lottery ticket so I could win but he refused blatantly and said in his own word and I quote "Lottery money is devilish" he prayed for me afterwards that God will bless me immensely that I will not even think of playing lottery again and I do appreciate that. But the thing is, I am not sure why I actually ask him to pray on it, may be I was just too broke to continue this way..
Then, this week. The result night, I was glued to the TV set as usual to get the winning numbers on Wednesday 13th of April, less than 48hours ago and I found out I won £289,701 on National Lottery.

I can't believe my eyes, I couldn't even afford a sleep all night. I started calling them from 4.00am to claim my money but wasn't able to get through until 8.00am, as a young lady struggling with life currently taking up a part-time media role with www.eboso.com UK Office, life is tough.

So, this morning, I rang my Brothers, My Boss and then My Pastor to tell them I won and got the money yesterday and to my greatest surprise, the first person to ask me for money is my pastor (no disrespect to any pastor). He replied and I quote "Thank God for you Sister Jasmin, remember the Lord now that he has blessed you, and pay your title accordingly" I thought it was a joke, so I said, Tithe? Pastor this money is not my sweat, it's lottery reward, he then replied "That's the more reason why you should pay your tithe, it is your increase" he then processed by saying, "you can also round it up to £30,000 after all God gave you the whole lot". I was shocked, and didn't even know what to say again. I said, no problem, I'll see you on Sunday sir. Have a good day sir.

I think I need to change my Church or am I greedy? Please advice me, what do I do?
Re: My Pastor ask me to Pay Tithe when I won £289,701 On National Lottery, HELP ME! by delishpot: 7:04am On Apr 15, 2016
I would not change church but I won't pay tithe there. Abeg look around you and give to those peeps looking for some money to start some small business.

3 Likes

Re: My Pastor ask me to Pay Tithe when I won £289,701 On National Lottery, HELP ME! by thorpido(m): 7:05am On Apr 15, 2016
Spend all the money on yourself and stop attending church.

I guess that is what you want to hear.
Re: My Pastor ask me to Pay Tithe when I won £289,701 On National Lottery, HELP ME! by rusher14: 7:05am On Apr 15, 2016
jasedu60:
As a young journalist, I have been subjected to a lot of stories, but this? - I didn't see it coming..

Last week Sunday I asked my Pastor to pray on my lottery ticket so I could win but he refused blatantly and said in his own word and I quote "Lottery money is devilish" he prayed for me afterwards that God will bless me immensely that I will not even think of playing lottery again and I do appreciate that. But the thing is, I am not sure why I actually ask him to pray on it, may be I was just too broke to continue this way..
Then, this week. The result night, I was glued to the TV set as usual to get the winning numbers on Wednesday 13th of April, less than 48hours ago and I found out I won £289,701 on National Lottery.

I can't believe my eyes, I couldn't even afford a sleep all night. I started calling them from 4.00am to claim my money but wasn't able to get through until 8.00am, as a young lady struggling with life currently taking up a part-time media role with www.eboso.com UK Office, life is tough.

So, this morning, I ran my Brothers, My Boss and then My Pastor to tell them I won and got the money yesterday and to my greatest surprise, the first person to ask me for money is my pastor (no disrespect to any pastor). He replied and I quote "Thank God for you Sister Jasmin, remember the Lord now that he has blessed you, and pay your title accordingly" I thought it was a joke, so I said, Tithe? Pastor this money is not my sweat, it's lottery reward, he then replied "That's the more reason why you should pay your tithe, it is your increase" he then processed by saying, "you can also round it up to £30,000 after all God gave you the whole lot". I was shocked, and didn't even know what to say again. I said, no problem, I'll see you on Sunday sir. Have a good day sir.

I think I need to change my Church or am I greedy? Please advice me, what do I do?

Come to Brotherly Love Church Inc.

Our own tithe is 5%

2 Likes

Re: My Pastor ask me to Pay Tithe when I won £289,701 On National Lottery, HELP ME! by Chanchit: 7:06am On Apr 15, 2016
Mehn! That pastor is a shameless fraud! See how money changes people. If he likes he could raise prayer warriors to pray against the winnings he's collecting no dime.

3 Likes

Re: My Pastor ask me to Pay Tithe when I won £289,701 On National Lottery, HELP ME! by buzquet(m): 7:07am On Apr 15, 2016
that pastor just dey pastor his stomach ni. updated pastor

3 Likes

Re: My Pastor ask me to Pay Tithe when I won £289,701 On National Lottery, HELP ME! by Paulpaulpaul(m): 7:08am On Apr 15, 2016
sweetheart pls, pay your tithe the pastor has learned his lesson
Re: My Pastor ask me to Pay Tithe when I won £289,701 On National Lottery, HELP ME! by adorablepepple(f): 7:18am On Apr 15, 2016
Don't do it,remove the tithe by yourself and give it to a growing church or better still touch individual lives with it.

1 Like

Re: My Pastor ask me to Pay Tithe when I won £289,701 On National Lottery, HELP ME! by psucc(m): 7:56am On Apr 15, 2016
Why not look at it the other way, spreading the blessings around and letting you pastor have a feel of your wealth.

Eating alone may not make you greater
Re: My Pastor ask me to Pay Tithe when I won £289,701 On National Lottery, HELP ME! by jasedu60: 5:14pm On Apr 17, 2016
delishpot:
I would not change church but I won't pay tithe there. Abeg look around you and give to those peeps looking for some money to start some small business.
thorpido:
Spend all the money on yourself and stop attending church.
I guess that is what you want to hear.
Paulpaulpaul:
sweetheart pls, pay your tithe the pastor has learned his lesson
adorablepepple:
Don't do it,remove the tithe by yourself and give it to a growing church or better still touch individual lives with it.
psucc:
Why not look at it the other way, spreading the blessings around and letting you pastor have a feel of your wealth.
Eating alone may not make you greater
rusher14:

Come to Brotherly Love Church Inc.
Our own tithe is 5%

Hello Everyone, thank you for replying to my post.

This Sunday is my most challenging one so far, as much as I appreciate all your replies, I am yet to make up my mind about what to do, but I was willing to give £30,000 to my Church, but not these week.

For 1, I feel really gutted. The title of our sermon today is "Serving with all your resources".

From the moment I heard the title, I switched off my mind from the service and I had no interest in whatever was going on in the church again, I felt like I am being pushed to do what I may be willing to do already. That's not the end of it of course.

The pastor announced that I will be made an Deaconess today and asked the church to pray for me for the enabling spirit. But I thought this is a kind of things that should have been discussed with me prior to the time I was called out to be prayed for.

Deep down within me, I felt like, he is trying to do anything possible to make sure I didn't leave the Church, I am more confused than ever. Look at it this way, I am only 24years old, so tell me. Am I to believe this is still the leading of the spirit?

I am seriously confused.

Thank everyone once again for hearing me out, I appreciate your advice and I am not trying to disrespect an minister of God, I am only trying to seek an unbiased help.
Re: My Pastor ask me to Pay Tithe when I won £289,701 On National Lottery, HELP ME! by Paulpaulpaul(m): 5:25pm On Apr 17, 2016
jasedu60:

This Sunday is my most challenging one so far, as much as I appreciate all your replies, I am yet to make up my mind about what to do, but I was willing to give £30,000 to my Church, but not these week.

For 1, I feel really gutted. The title of our sermon today is "Serving with all your resources".

From the moment I heard the title, I switched off my mind from the service and I had no interest in whatever was going on in the church again, I felt like I am being pushed to do what I may be willing to do already. That's not the end of it of course.

The pastor announced that I will be made an Deaconess today and asked the church to pray for me for the enabling spirit. But I thought this is a kind of things that should have been discussed with me prior to the time I was called out to be prayed for.

Deep down within me, I felt like, he is trying to do anything possible to make sure I didn't leave the Church, I am more confused than ever. Look at it this way, I am only 24years old, so tell me. Am I to believe this is still the leading of the spirit?

I am seriously confused.

Thank everyone once again for hearing me out, I appreciate your advice and I am not trying to disrespect an minister of God, I am only trying to seek an unbiased help.

As funny as it sounds, the church needs the money
Re: My Pastor ask me to Pay Tithe when I won £289,701 On National Lottery, HELP ME! by delishpot: 5:58pm On Apr 17, 2016
jasedu60:

I am seriously confused.

Please can you extend some to me from that win. Please help a fellow in need.

Eh, as for your pastor, I will just ask you to take your mind off the whole wahala. Put your mind on positive things. Now a days, I let a lot of things slide when I remember that it is the grace of God that opened my eyes to see the mistakes in my past and to re organise my life. I have cone to realize, that many people are not yet awake to their shortcomings yet... this gives me the strength to forgive and forget and keep my anger or frustrations in check as I look at people who do some things with mercy and more understanding.
Your pastor is behaving like any regular human. When you accept this fact, you will feel mercy when he acts the way he acts and you will be prepared to stand your grounds with love and understanding as he makes decisions concerning you.
I was thinking, what is your stand on tithes? If you believe in it, go ahead and do so. For your sake. Cos it is between you, your God and your faith.
Re: My Pastor ask me to Pay Tithe when I won £289,701 On National Lottery, HELP ME! by Nobody: 8:43pm On Apr 17, 2016
jasedu60:

I am seriously confused.

am also interested in playing the lottery, what is the procedure of joining?
Re: My Pastor ask me to Pay Tithe when I won £289,701 On National Lottery, HELP ME! by thorpido(m): 8:56pm On Apr 17, 2016
jasedu60:

I am seriously confused.

You are a Christian.That means you are a partaker of God's leading.Ask God to tell you what He wants you to do.After a while,your spirit will convince you what to do.
If you feel convinced to pay the tithe,do so.If you don't feel convinced to do so,then don't(though i still advise you pay it,maybe somewhere else).
Re: My Pastor ask me to Pay Tithe when I won £289,701 On National Lottery, HELP ME! by wadetaw202: 10:22pm On Apr 17, 2016
Paulpaulpaul:

As funny as it sounds, the church needs the money

It is like they normally throw spirit of blindness into the lives of those of you attending these so-called pentecostal churches. Is it the church that needs the money or the pastor?

A pastor that goes as far as making a 24 year old a deaconess because of money. What a useless pastor!

Yes, the pastor is a useless man!

Which means he will also make an armed robber a deacon if the armed robber will give money to his church.

1 Like

Re: My Pastor ask me to Pay Tithe when I won £289,701 On National Lottery, HELP ME! by wadetaw202: 10:29pm On Apr 17, 2016
thorpido:
You are a Christian.That means you are a partaker of God's leading.Ask God to tell you what He wants you to do.After a while,your spirit will convince you what to do.
If you feel convinced to pay the tithe,do so.If you don't feel convinced to do so,then don't(though i still advise you pay it,maybe somewhere else).

Are you asking her to feed her pastor's greed?

This was how a politician stole government money and donated it to oyakhilome and the jerry-coil pastor refused to refund the money when the bubble busted.

Empty and hungry money-loving pastors!

Does anyone need Divine leading to know that the pastor is a thief and a rifraf? How will you change Sunday's teaching because you know church member has money and because you want to make her give you money? Is that not MANIPULATION? Imaging a pastor trying to manipulate church member; people he is supposed to lead to heaven? Do you need the Holy Spirit to tell you the useless pastor is just after personal wealth?

No wonder your pastors would ride in jets and build universities with your money while you the church members that contributed the money can't even pay school fees or feed your families well. Yet, you will be singing their praises and worshipping them.
Is that not blindness and thoughtlessness?
Re: My Pastor ask me to Pay Tithe when I won £289,701 On National Lottery, HELP ME! by thorpido(m): 10:43pm On Apr 17, 2016
wadetaw202:

Are you asking her to feed her pastor's greed?

This was how a politician stole government money and donated it to oyakhilome and the jerry-coil pastor refused to refund the money when the bubble busted.

Empty and hungry money-loving pastors!

Does anyone need Divine leading to know that the pastor is a thief and a rifraf? How will you change Sunday's teaching because you know church member has money and because you want to make her give you money? Is that not MANIPULATION? Imaging a pastor trying to manipulate church member; people he is supposed to lead to heaven? Do you need the Holy Spirit to tell you the useless pastor is just after personal wealth?

No wonder your pastors would ride in jets and build universities with your money while you the church members that contributed the money can't even pay school fees or feed your families well. Yet, you will be singing their praises and worshipping them.
Is that not blindness and thoughtlessness?
If you read my post very well,you will see i made paying it or not her prerogative.
I'm for paying of tithes anyway but in this her story,she has to decide on if she's in the right place(church) or not.

By the way,the bolded doesn't apply to me.
Re: My Pastor ask me to Pay Tithe when I won £289,701 On National Lottery, HELP ME! by jimmyray: 1:25am On Apr 18, 2016
jasedu60:

I am seriously confused.

that church is as fake as it can be.better look for any orphanage around u or people around u..change some body's life ...

1 Like

Re: My Pastor ask me to Pay Tithe when I won £289,701 On National Lottery, HELP ME! by adorablepepple(f): 7:03pm On Apr 18, 2016
jasedu60:

I am seriously confused.

Dearie I implore you to serve God and not your pastor. How can he make you a deaconess without your consent, I have an uncle who this card of being a deacon was played on,because he was so useful they didn't want to let him go. But he was smart enough to ignore it and run. The men of God we have today are selfish, a true man of God would have stood by his first opinion and not ask for the tithe of that money.
Re: My Pastor ask me to Pay Tithe when I won £289,701 On National Lottery, HELP ME! by dake40(m): 8:13pm On Apr 18, 2016
Reminds me of BOW WOW in Lottery ticket.
Re: My Pastor ask me to Pay Tithe when I won £289,701 On National Lottery, HELP ME! by jasedu60: 9:05pm On Apr 18, 2016
Thank you everyone for caring and for your advice.

*** I am still unable to make up my mind though ***

I will keep you all posted on whatever decision I make. For me this Monday Evening, I now know money doesn't necessarily bring happiness. Now I have more things to worry about than this time last week.
Re: My Pastor ask me to Pay Tithe when I won £289,701 On National Lottery, HELP ME! by Nobody: 9:12pm On Apr 18, 2016
A pastor that wants €30,000 of devilish money is also a devilish pastor that can decamp and recamp just like Nigerian politicians in APC and PDP once there is money to be made.

I'm even so gutted that you are being so sentimental over this, you owe him nothing and you shouldn't fall for all that deceitful emergency deaconess crap, it is pure BS.

2 Likes

Re: My Pastor ask me to Pay Tithe when I won £289,701 On National Lottery, HELP ME! by grandstar(m): 11:35pm On Apr 18, 2016
jasedu60:

I will keep you all posted on whatever decision I make. For me this Monday Evening, I now know money doesn't necessarily bring happiness. Now I have more things to worry about than this time last week.
I am a Witness and that money would be an abomination in Jehovah's house! God forbid
Re: My Pastor ask me to Pay Tithe when I won £289,701 On National Lottery, HELP ME! by gebest: 4:30am On Apr 19, 2016
And what is wrong with that, pay na.
Re: My Pastor ask me to Pay Tithe when I won £289,701 On National Lottery, HELP ME! by Ty207: 8:19am On Apr 19, 2016
I will advise you not to pay any money/tithe to your church....how can they make you deaconess just because you won £289,701 please dont let your pastor brainwash you

secondly how can your pastor tell you to round it up to £30,000 is £30,000 10% of £289,701...it is obvious your pastor is after money

Thirdly you are not suppose to pay tithe from lottery money,gambling,stolen money etc.....This mean your pastor will take tithe for arm robber,gambler,stolen money from politheifian. A man of God should discourage people from doing all those things not to encourage them and

lastly if you feel like paying tithe from this money which is not acceptable before God(as in to pay tithe) just find small churches within your environment and give them £5000 each. or help the needy in your environment.

To me your pastor is not a man of God!

lalasticlala............... abeg come help me hear this one
Re: My Pastor ask me to Pay Tithe when I won £289,701 On National Lottery, HELP ME! by Ty207: 8:33am On Apr 19, 2016
gebest:
And what is wrong with that, pay na.

The worse part of it he make her deaconess just because she won £289,701.
What is wrong with this new generation churches?
you just make a person deaconess just like that(a gambler for that matter).

Re: My Pastor ask me to Pay Tithe when I won £289,701 On National Lottery, HELP ME! by Onelovetayz(m): 11:15am On Apr 19, 2016
jasedu60:

Jasmin, why are you doing this to yourself? Your Pastor (fake) is greedy, he is a lover of money and hater of Word of God. Don't accept the Deaconess offer, he is just after the money and to be frank with he must checked the exchange rate of the currency and be thinking how to spend it.

Have you informed your parents about the whole saga? Inform them and hear their own view. You need to quit that church and look for a church where the word of God is being preached (not all these self-centered church/pastor).

Above all, you don't need an Angel to tell you what to do. Don't pay the tithe there, look for Orphanage homes (I don't mean one place like two or three and share it among them).

Peace be unto you
Re: My Pastor ask me to Pay Tithe when I won £289,701 On National Lottery, HELP ME! by motta(m): 11:54am On Apr 19, 2016
tell us how to play d lottery.

(1) (Reply)

Buy Your Chemicals With Free Training On Cosmetics Products / Canton Fair: China’s Biggest Trade Fair / Your Personal Shopper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.