Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,037 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff - Jobs/Vacancies (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff (730556 Views)

FIRS To Recruit 7,500 Graduates And 5,000 Non-Graduates / Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) Job Recruitment Of 1,250 New Staff / Lagos State To Recruit 1,000 Teachers Into Secondary Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (124) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Yammama(m): 11:08am On Dec 17, 2016
It is WELL.

2 Likes

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by TEEKAY2000: 2:16pm On Dec 20, 2016
Any news.
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Nobody: 5:24pm On Dec 20, 2016
I have good news for all of us but i will say it whenever i confirm it
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by cellin: 5:32pm On Dec 20, 2016
Goderlist:
I have good news for all of us but i will say it whenever i confirm it
chai! Oya how long will it take you to confirm it naw bros? Ok why not say it now and confirm it later smiley
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by methyl: 5:33pm On Dec 20, 2016
Keep deceiving yourself, which info u get
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by TEEKAY2000: 5:47pm On Dec 20, 2016
methyl:
Keep deceiving yourself, which info u get
Lol..
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Eigaso: 5:54pm On Dec 20, 2016
The House of Representatives
has approved N126.414
billion as the 2016 budget for the
Federal Inland Revenue Service
(FIRS).

That's good news if you ask me.
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Eigaso: 5:57pm On Dec 20, 2016
The House of Representatives
has approved N126.414
billion as the 2016 budget for the
Federal Inland Revenue Service
(FIRS). This comprises of N484.7
billion and the projected four
per cent cost of non-oil revenue
is N143.904 billion.

From the approved budget, 55 billion is for personnel
costs, while 40,693 billion is for overhead costs and
30,721 billion is for capital expenditure.

Details of the approved budget as presented by the Chairman of the House Committee on Finance, Hon. Babangida Ibrahim, show that under personnel costs, salary and wages would gulp N32,885,370,758 billion, allowances was allocated N22,114,629,242 billion, while travels and transport was allocated N3,800,000,000 billion and utilities N1,450,000,000 billion.

It will be recalled that rejected in November,the Senate
rejected the 2016 budget of Federal Inland Revenue
Service, FIRS, forwarded to it by the Executive for
approval, citing questionable inclusion of capital
projects which it declared had been a yearly ritual of
revenue generating agencies of government.

It also warned Ministries, Departments and Agencies,
MDAs, ahead of presentation and defence of 2017
budget, that the days of partially prepared budget were
over, adding that it would no longer be business as
usual.

The action of the upper Chamber came four months
after President Muhammadu Buhari forwarded the 2016
budget of FIRS. Babatunde Fowler It would also be
recalled that President Buhari forwarded the budget to
the Senate on July 21, and was, thereafter, referred to
the Finance Committee, led by Senator John Enoh, PDP,
Cross River Central, for further legislative action on July
25, 2016.

Senate said it refused to pass the N146.16 billion
budget of FIRS because of the shady exercise of the
Committee on Finance. Presenting the report, Enoh said
that the committee recommended that a total
expenditure of N143.722 billion be approved for FIRS in
2016. But the Senate rejected the report of the
committee due to the poor preparation of the document.
The Senate believes the report submitted for
consideration supported the committee’s position that
more oversight of the budget was necessary and that
supporting budget justification information was sorely
needed. Some senators were concerned that the FIRS
budget submission was poorly compiled and, therefore,
incomplete.

Giving a breakdown of the proposed FIRS budget for
2016 which was rejected, the Chairman, Senate
Committee on Finance, Senator John Enoh had said:
“The Federal Inland Revenue Service, FIRS, projected to
collect tax revenues to the tune ofN4.082 trillion in
2016. This comprises of N484 billion oil revenue and
N3.597 trillion non-oil revenues.

‘’The projected 4% cost of collection on non-oil revenue
is N143,904,640,000 billion. The total projected
available fund for 2016 budget is N146,165,108,293,
comprising 4% cost of collection and N2,260,468,293,
20% of 2015 operating surplus.

“The summary of HRS proposed 2016 total expenditure
is as follows: Personnel N64,491,130,526; overhead
N46,363,000,000; capital N32 868 300 000; total
expenditure N143,722,430,526.

The FIRS, established in 2007 by an Act of the National
Assembly, is one of the federal government’s revenue
generating agencies and its overall mandate is to collect
taxes for the federation and enforce compliance with
tax laws across the federation.

1 Like

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Eigaso: 6:09pm On Dec 20, 2016
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Eigaso: 8:23pm On Dec 20, 2016
Yaasir:
@Tosmos767,
If you truly know the Oba of Lagos you will get the job;slot or no slot. Based on my experience in the north you have 95% success rate if you are nominated by a first class king anywhere even in CBN. With firs your chance is almost 100% but with a caveat "will the man personally sign your letter or take the pain of submitting the hard copy for you through his office?". This is the key ingredient for success if the king truly wants to help you. Let him know that it might not be only firs but other govt agencies. Truth be told the king has tremendous influence on the firs man. This I know for sure.

Okay o... so which first class king in Nigeria do I know? Oba of Lagos? Alaafin of Oyo? Ooni of Ife? Ewi of Ekiti? Erediauwa of Benin? Obi of Onitsha? Igweeze of Umuahia? Tor of Tiv? Emir of Kano? Sultan of Sokoto? Hmmhh.... Well, my own good news is that I know a King in whose hands lies the heart of all kings (#HeIsKingOfKings), Him whom the so - called political top - guns cannot 'A' their 'PC' (APC) or 'P' their 'DP' (PDP) against (#HeIsOminiPartyPresident), Him whom the Chairman (FIRS) himself will not dare to ask for a complimentary card, signature or written note before attending to His candidate honorably and accordingly (#HeIsMaster). In Him, nothing, I mean absolutely nothing, shall, by any means, be impossible. Friends, join me as I/we wait, faithfully and patiently, for my/our appointment into the service as we earnestly desire of the King of Glory. #LetTheRedeemedOfTheLordSaySo...

8 Likes

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by omoolorire(m): 8:42pm On Dec 20, 2016
So be it @figaso
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by oyeludef(m): 8:53pm On Dec 20, 2016
List of federal MDAs that will recruit in 2017.
1. NIPOST
2. Nigeria Security and Civil Defense Corps
3. Nigeria Peace Corps ( Subject to president ascent of peace corps act bill).
4. Central Bank of Nigeria
5. Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation
6. Nigeria Broadcasting corporations
7. Federal Inland Revenue Service ( General admin, HR, Tax manager, Tribunal manager)
8. Lower/Upper Niger River Basin Development Agency
9. ICPC
10. Niger Delta Development Commission
11. Department of State Security
12. Nigeria Television Authority
13. Nigeria Custom
14. Nigeria Prison service
15. Federal Airport Authority of Nigeria
16. NIMASA
17. Nigeria Electricity Regulatory Agency
18. Nigeria Deposits Insurance Corporation
19. Nigeria Teachers Institute Kaduna
20. Nigeria Institute of Transport Technology
22. Nigeria Communication Commission
23. DSS Army, Navy, Air force
24. Recruit Army, Navy, Air force
25, NARICT
26, Nigeria Electricity Regulatory Commission
27. FERMA
28. Bureau of Public Enterprise
29. Petroleum Equalization Fund
30. Nigeria University Commission
31. Corporate Affairs Commission.
32. NECO, JAMB, WAEC
33. ARMTI
34. Nigeria forestry regulatory Agency
35. Public Complaints Commission
36. Federal Road Safety Corps
37. NDLEA
38. NIMC
39. Nigeria Port Authority
40. National Intelligence Agency.
41. Ministry of Foreign Affairs
42. Nigeria Nuclear Regulatory Agency
43. Nigeria Human Right Commission
44. Nigeria Deposit Insurance Corporation
.....etc
the problem here is that most the recruitment will go underground but according source
federal government have given dem go ahead to recruit base on Published/Advertised
Vacancy.
*FIRS initial recruitment was for Tax officer comprising of 500 out of 1250, the
remaining 750 will cover HR general admin, tribunal More office of FIRS are being built
at present in order to penetrate, some City aside state capital so more than 1250 might
still be recruited..etc
* Nigeria Customs want to boost it workforce to ensure proper border monitoring and
revenue a leakages
* The Nigeria government had concluded plans to boost it revenue by revitalizing the
NIPOST, there current staff are currently over stretch, source from the presidency said
NIPOST have been given go ahead to recruit 5,000 staff
.....can't type much about others
According to source from the presidency, FG had given all the above agency to ahead
with recruitment starting January 2017
So you all should brace up and for those of you close to some of the agency you can be
checking on them sometimes because most won't advertise there vacancy like NTA,
NARICT, JAMB, NECO, NJC, Especially National Assembly Service Commission that is
usually hijacked by the Speaker and Senate President and Clerks of the National
Assembly...Nigerians should just be ready for massive federal government recruitment,
****The Police Service Commission is still at loggerhead with the The National Assembly
as a result of the fact that the PSC didn't considered NASS list on the selection of
candidate..
****PMB had also directed all recruiting MDAs to consider Merit first in recruitment of
candidate and Federal Character should be use in pooling out successful candidate
from the merit list.
Please don't PM regarding anything recruitment, because, I don't do such, recruiting
MDAs will communicate with the public in due course..thanks
Have a blessed day.....
Copied

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Yaasir(m): 9:46pm On Dec 20, 2016
Guys, the recruitment is going on underG. I can confirm 100% that people have started resuming. I met one of them in person (don't ask for the location) and he told me they were 3 that resumed yesterday and actually part of the August advert. This was corroborated by a staff at FIRS office Abuja. He even said that was the latest in Abuja now.
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by fumsky002: 9:52pm On Dec 20, 2016
Hmmmmm, naija ....yet they are fight corruption...
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by 2el(m): 10:05pm On Dec 20, 2016
Yaasir:
Guys, the recruitment is going on underG. I can confirm 100% that people have started resuming. I met one of them in person (don't ask for the location) and he told me they were 3 that resumed yesterday and actually part of the August advert. This was corroborated by a staff at FIRS office Abuja. He even said that was the latest in Abuja now.

Dis serious....May God help us in Nigeria
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Sabr: 10:37pm On Dec 20, 2016
Mr. Yasser, pls is this person for the slots or the just concluded FIRS recruitment. I know of one who have resumed here in Abuja but was for the underground slot not d advert own

Yaasir:
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by SenatorJChris: 12:40am On Dec 21, 2016
Yaasir:
As expected! Which way Nigeria.
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Eigaso: 7:13am On Dec 21, 2016
I'm the God of all flesh, is there anything hard for Me to do? Relax, be still and know that I'm God. The battle is Mine saith the Lord of Hosts.

Says who that someone here who truly believes cannot be called up to pick his/her letter and resume immediately even without knowing the smallest or youngest of persons there.

There's every need to have and keep a positive and open mindset for to draw from #TheThroneOfGrace and receive
#MyLongAwaitedMiracle

6 Likes

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Nafizzey(m): 9:06am On Dec 21, 2016
Yaasir:
sent you a PM, please respond..
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by 247Dior(m): 10:23am On Dec 21, 2016
Eigaso:

Okay o... so which first class king in Nigeria do I know? Oba of Lagos? Alaafin of Oyo? Ooni of Ife? Erediauwa of Benin? Igweeze of Umuahia? Emir of Kano? Sultan of Sokoto? Hmmhh.... Well, my own good news is that I know a King in whose hands lies the heart of all kings (#HeIsKingOfKings), Him whom the so called political top-guns cannot party against (#HeIsOminiPresident), Him whom the Chairman (FIRS) himself will not dare to ask for a complimentary card, signature or written note before attending to His candidate honorably and accordingly (#HeIsMaster). In Him, nothing, I mean absolutely nothing, shall be impossible. Friends, join me as I/we wait, faithfully and patiently, for my/our appointment into the service as we earnestly desire of the King of Glory. #MyCaseIsDifferent!
Amen
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by StephenJobs(m): 11:21am On Dec 21, 2016
Eigaso:

Okay o... so which first class king in Nigeria do I know? Oba of Lagos? Alaafin of Oyo? Ooni of Ife? Erediauwa of Benin? Igweeze of Umuahia? Emir of Kano? Sultan of Sokoto? Hmmhh.... Well, my own good news is that I know a King in whose hands lies the heart of all kings (#HeIsKingOfKings), Him whom the so called political top-guns cannot party against (#HeIsOminiPresident), Him whom the Chairman (FIRS) himself will not dare to ask for a complimentary card, signature or written note before attending to His candidate honorably and accordingly (#HeIsMaster). In Him, nothing, I mean absolutely nothing, shall be impossible. Friends, join me as I/we wait, faithfully and patiently, for my/our appointment into the service as we earnestly desire of the King of Glory. #MyCaseIsDifferent!

AMEN......MY CASE IS DIFFERENT TOO

2 Likes

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Eigaso: 12:42pm On Dec 21, 2016
omoolorire:
So be it @Eigaso

With the heart (faith), man believes unto righteousness and by the mouth (declaration), confession is made unto salvation.

Blessed is he that believes, for there shall be a performance of the things which were spoken of the Lord.

In Him are all things, by Him are all things made and without Him was nothing made that was made.

3 Likes

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by oyeludef(m): 12:49pm On Dec 21, 2016
Alikote i sight you. Good afternoon. Plz wat is d latest regarding the remaining 500 slots? Will ppl still be invited and when?
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Nobody: 1:57pm On Dec 21, 2016
oyeludef:
Alikote i sight you. Good afternoon. Plz wat is d latest regarding the remaining 500 slots? Will ppl still be invited and when?
Nigerian Mafias are on top of it Only God grace
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by 2el(m): 3:06pm On Dec 21, 2016
Apparently I'm having 3 current application on federal jobs

1. FIRS..heard it already going underground
2. DPR...web developer toiling with my emotions
3. FCSC... look like a waste of of time
Though I'm still optimistic of a better 2017

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by oyeludef(m): 3:12pm On Dec 21, 2016
Alikote:
Nigerian Mafias are on top of it Only God grace
mehn. Wat a country. Still hopeful sha
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Neroski(f): 9:33pm On Dec 21, 2016
2el:
Apparently I'm having 3 current application on federal jobs

1. FIRS..heard it already going underground

2. DPR...web developer toiling with my emotions

3. FCSC... look like a waste of of time

Though I'm still optimistic of a better 2017

Same here oooo.we are together.one must click!
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by 2el(m): 10:45pm On Dec 21, 2016
Neroski:

Same here oooo.we are together.one must click!
all iz well smiley smiley
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Eigaso: 9:42am On Dec 22, 2016
Major FIRS headlines for the month

Nigerians to pay VAT on international passports – FIRS
The Executive Chairman of the Federal Inland Revenue Service, Dr. Babatunde Fowler said soon Nigerians might begin to show evidence of tax payment before obtaining their passports.

Only 13m individuals, enterprises pay taxes regularly – FIRS boss
Data from the 36 States Internal Revenue Service (SIRS) as at November 2016 shows that 13,034,222 million individuals and enterprises pay taxes regularly.

Nigeria not imposing new taxes – Presidency
Nigeria has no plans to impose new taxes but to expand the scope of Value Added Tax (VAT) in a drive for additional revenue.

Unpaid taxes: FIRS seals highbrow Lagos hotel, Port Harcourt companies
The Federal Inland Revenue Service on Tuesday sealed the Diplomat Hotel, located at 1, Shonnyway Street, Shonibare Estate, Maryland, Lagos, over a N351 million tax debt.

FIRS seals more tax-defaulting companies
On Wednesday in Lagos the premises of Ace Products and Services, situated at 20, Sanni Ashmiu Close, Awoyaya, Lagos, was shut over a tax debt of N157.3 million.

Diaspora Nigerians ‘remitted $35b home’ in 2016
Nigerians living abroad remitted over $35 billion back to the country in 2016, the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Foreign Affairs and Diaspora Matters, Abike Dabiri-Erewa, said on Tuesday.
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Yaasir(m): 5:50pm On Dec 22, 2016
Nafiizzey:
sent you a PM, please respond..
i have replied you since. check you inbox.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Nafizzey(m): 9:00pm On Dec 22, 2016
Yaasir:
i have replied you since. check you inbox.

Thank you.
Check replied back with a message..
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by 2el(m): 9:44am On Dec 23, 2016
I guess dis FIRS of a thing is from Shortlist to INTERVIEW and not APTITUDE Test...

make una prepare on the right track..

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (124) (Reply)

NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 / Etisalat Customer Care Job / Nigeria Police 2016 Recruitment Of 10,000 Personnel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.