Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,361 members, 7,815,774 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

2019: PDP Zones President To North, VP Goes To South East - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: PDP Zones President To North, VP Goes To South East (44983 Views)

Who Is The Most Sellable Person In The South East If PDP Zones VP To Se? / PDP Zones National Chairman To South-West / Official: PDP Zones Chairmanship To Northeast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019: PDP Zones President To North, VP Goes To South East by Islie: 10:10am On Apr 15, 2016
…South-south to produce Reps Speaker

By Willy Eya

Ahead of the May 21 National Convention of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, indications have emerged that the party has zoned the positions of president and vice president to the North and South East, respectively.

By the zoning arrangement, while the North will retain the seat of the Senate President, the South South will produce the Speaker of the House of Representatives and the national chairman of the party.

Daily Sun gathered that in the proposal, the party has zoned the position of deputy Senate President, deputy National Secretary and National Organising Secretary to the South West.

In the document obtained by Daily Sun on Thursday, the South East, apart from producing the vice president, will also have the positions of national legal adviser, national treasurer and national youth Leader.

And, apart from the North producing the President and Senate President, the region will also produce the deputy Speaker, deputy National Chairman and the party’s national secretary.

Other offices zoned to the region include the national financial secretary, national publicity secretary, national auditor and national women leader.

The document proposed that further zoning to the South for the May 21 PDP convention be guided by so many factors.

One is that South West and South South had produced the country’s presidents and that the South East has not and should be given the opportunity for the highest office in the new dispensation.

Another factor is that the South West and South East had produced Speaker and President of the Senate, respectively, while the South South has not produced any of those.

The South West had also produced the national treasurer, national youth leader, national financial secretary as well as the national legal adviser, while the South East has produced national women leader.

Records also show that the South South has also produced national secretary and national organising secretary while the South South and North Central traditionally swap positions in the party’s zoning arrangement.

In the proposed 2016 zoning arrangement, the party stated that in order to give PDP a new lease of life, it was imperative that a clause in the guidelines for the 2016 National Convention be included, barring all those who had served the party, especially during the immediate past tenure of the outgoing National Working Committee (NWC) from contesting for any office in the incoming dispensation.

The zoning arrangement

1 President
North

2 Vice President
South East

3 Senate President
North

4 Speaker South South

5 Deputy Senate President
South West

6 Deputy Speaker
North

7 Chairman of PDP
South South

8 Dept National Chair of PDP
North

http://sunnewsonline.com/2019-pdp-zones-president-to-north-vp-goes-to-south-east/

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2019: PDP Zones President To North, VP Goes To South East by bettercreature(m): 10:11am On Apr 15, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: PDP Zones President To North, VP Goes To South East by PassingShot(m): 10:14am On Apr 15, 2016
grin

And, apart from the North producing the President and Senate President, the region will also produce the deputy Speaker, deputy National Chairman and the party’s national secretary.

Other offices zoned to the region include the national financial secretary, national publicity secretary, national auditor and national women leader

If Igbos and their other wailing zombies would want us to take them serious, PDP should zone presidency to the SE and VP to the North. It is only then some of us will believe they are not the true slaves they accuse SWners of.

cheesy

278 Likes 14 Shares

Re: 2019: PDP Zones President To North, VP Goes To South East by Beremx(f): 10:15am On Apr 15, 2016
Is that so?

I dey laff! grin grin

Abeg i need to buy APGA membership form. Odi egwu o ! grin grin

68 Likes

Re: 2019: PDP Zones President To North, VP Goes To South East by Mynd44: 10:16am On Apr 15, 2016
Looks okay to me. Hopefully they will present candidates based on performance and not the normal crap

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: PDP Zones President To North, VP Goes To South East by slimfit1(m): 10:16am On Apr 15, 2016
Hahahahaahh jokers are making plans very nice. Failure in progress.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: PDP Zones President To North, VP Goes To South East by google1(m): 10:16am On Apr 15, 2016
North again, hmm mm fear north

12 Likes

Re: 2019: PDP Zones President To North, VP Goes To South East by TANTUMERGO007(m): 10:16am On Apr 15, 2016
Beremx:
Is that so?

I dey laff! grin grin
don't tell me you won't vote for an igbo vice-presidential candidate

12 Likes

Re: 2019: PDP Zones President To North, VP Goes To South East by Beremx(f): 10:19am On Apr 15, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:

don't tell me you won't vote for an igbo vice-presidential candidate
....and who's gonna be the vice presidential candidate?

11 Likes

Re: 2019: PDP Zones President To North, VP Goes To South East by google1(m): 10:19am On Apr 15, 2016
Slave everywhere.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2019: PDP Zones President To North, VP Goes To South East by PAINGAIN: 10:20am On Apr 15, 2016
I must admit, the hausas are the master at politics. They have made this that no matter which party wins an hausa person will still be president beyond 2019. Genius.

135 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2019: PDP Zones President To North, VP Goes To South East by Ozid(m): 10:22am On Apr 15, 2016
This zoning formula will not work not because I hate PDP but the undertakers in that party won't let it work.

I hate when people classify the North as one and divide the South into SE, SS and SW and the same people will come and start shouting diaris divide and rule system in the South where as they(Southerners) are the one that made it look so.

My advice to PDP is that when the real and final drafted copy is out they should spell out which position(s) each zone will get in the north.

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2019: PDP Zones President To North, VP Goes To South East by tayooluwole: 10:23am On Apr 15, 2016
2019 gonna be interesting... The election is going to be challenging for APC... If PDP can tactically play well propaganda game, they may have a good show close to that of APC. Definitely, while PDP will retain its support from south-east and south-south, APC supporting strength would have reduced in south-west by 2019 and of course, PDP will have a good show in the north unlike what happened in the last election... Looking at all these things together, I see PDP coming back stronger... Well, any how he go be, me and my family remains APCist

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2019: PDP Zones President To North, VP Goes To South East by Mynd44: 10:25am On Apr 15, 2016
But to be honest, the PDP needs to match the three Ks. Kano, Kaduna and Katsina in votes else they are in huge trouble.

The battle might come back to the SW. Should the Cross-states railways be completed, the Lagos-Ibadan, Lagos Abeokuta, Ilesha roads be fixed and Ambode continues with his speed, the PDP might forget about Lagos, Oyo and Ogun. Which form bulk of SW votes.

The sacking of Boko Haram has gotten the APC the NE

Luckily for the APC, by 2018, Nigeria will be refining a million barrels of crude daily (going from figures coming from Dangote refinery being built in Lekki and Oando being built in Badagary).

The road is hard for the PDP but then, they should not despair, they have almost 3 years to prepare.

101 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2019: PDP Zones President To North, VP Goes To South East by TANTUMERGO007(m): 10:25am On Apr 15, 2016
Beremx:
....and who's gonna be the vice presidential candidate?
SENATOR T.A. ORJI grin

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: PDP Zones President To North, VP Goes To South East by nnachukz(m): 10:28am On Apr 15, 2016
Are they by these Senate president and speaker zonings hoping to win majority seat. I hope Bubu is not giving them hope through his abysmal performance so far. Anyway zombies are still in majority.
Re: 2019: PDP Zones President To North, VP Goes To South East by Beremx(f): 10:28am On Apr 15, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:

SENATOR T.A. ORJI grin
Of all people it's TA Orji? just know that PDP will lose woefully in Abia State.

God forbid!

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: PDP Zones President To North, VP Goes To South East by ijustdey: 10:28am On Apr 15, 2016
I thought Igbos aren't a slave to the north

Other offices zoned to the region include the national financial secretary, national publicity secretary, national auditor and national women leader

see the juicy post that the north are set to get

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: PDP Zones President To North, VP Goes To South East by ki02020(m): 10:29am On Apr 15, 2016
I was thinking the president will be from South east and the vice from south south since they believe nothinh good can come out from south west and the North...let them keep on zoning the position,but power belong to the electorates

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: PDP Zones President To North, VP Goes To South East by BeardedMeat(m): 10:29am On Apr 15, 2016
Beremx:
Is that so?

I dey laff! grin grin

Abeg i need to buy APGA membership form. Odi egwu o ! grin grin
That arrangement looks good and I don't think it will be better any other way. Please support it. How is your infant doing? It amazes me how you still find time to come here as a nursing mother. NL is truly like opium.

1 Like

Re: 2019: PDP Zones President To North, VP Goes To South East by TANTUMERGO007(m): 10:30am On Apr 15, 2016
Beremx:
Of all people it's TA Orji? just know that PDP will lose woefully in Abia State.

God forbid!
What about okorocha grin

3 Likes

Re: 2019: PDP Zones President To North, VP Goes To South East by Beremx(f): 10:34am On Apr 15, 2016
BeardedMeat:
That arrangement looks good and I don't think it will be better any other way. Please support it. How is your infant doing? [b] It amazes me how you still find time to come here as a nursing mother. [b] NL is truly like opium.
nursing mothers are not forbidden to browse the internet. besides, politics section is my abode and interest. you will find other nursing mothers too where their interest lies on nairaland.

"playing with my baby and nairalanding" grin

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: PDP Zones President To North, VP Goes To South East by Beremx(f): 10:36am On Apr 15, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:

What about okorocha grin
Last time i checked, Okorocha is still in APC. I see Obiano being wooed to join PDP. if he's a candidate, i will vote for him. cheesy

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: PDP Zones President To North, VP Goes To South East by dukie25: 10:36am On Apr 15, 2016
PDP remains the one and only national political party in Nigeria

12 Likes

Re: 2019: PDP Zones President To North, VP Goes To South East by MarysMeal: 10:38am On Apr 15, 2016
I know if apc should zone their presidency to the south east the ipobians will surely support apc.

15 Likes

Re: 2019: PDP Zones President To North, VP Goes To South East by MarysMeal: 10:41am On Apr 15, 2016
Beremx:
Last time i checked, Okorocha is still in APC. I see Obiano being wooed to join PDP. if he's a candidate, i will vote for him. cheesy

Brass up. Chinonso is gonna quote you for typing Obianno.

How is my good friend Osinachi?
Re: 2019: PDP Zones President To North, VP Goes To South East by MILFangela(f): 10:42am On Apr 15, 2016
They want Biafra ... They want to break away from Nigeria .... At the same time they want the Vice Presidency of Nigeria

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: PDP Zones President To North, VP Goes To South East by ElCount: 10:42am On Apr 15, 2016
PassingShot:
grin

If Igbos and their other wailing zombies would want us to take them serious, PDP should zone presidency to the SE and VP to the North. It is only then some of us will believe they are not the true slaves they accuse SWners of.

cheesy
Baba you get sense at all? This is PDP doing their zoning wetin concern IPOB for this matter. Haba person we dem tell don't be silly na for him own good o!

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: PDP Zones President To North, VP Goes To South East by MILFangela(f): 10:42am On Apr 15, 2016
South Easterners should stop deceiving themselves. Fayose would be the PDP Vice Presidential candidate in the 2019 election

14 Likes

Re: 2019: PDP Zones President To North, VP Goes To South East by Beremx(f): 10:43am On Apr 15, 2016
MarysMeal:

Brass up. Chinonso is gonna quote you for typing Obianno.

How is my good friend Osinachi?
I am waiting for him.
Ossy is doing great! thanks. cool
Re: 2019: PDP Zones President To North, VP Goes To South East by ElCount: 10:44am On Apr 15, 2016
PAINGAIN:
I must admit, the hausas are the master at politics. They have made this that no matter which party wins an hausa person will still be president beyond 2019. Genius.
When the british rigged the population census when it mattered the most what were you expecting?
The other regions were already shortchanged from inception

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Infograph Of President Buhari's Sickness & APC's Inconsistencies By Fayose / Mark Essien’s IREV Collation Was Used By Peter Obi’s Team Of Lawyers. / Olusola Eleka Frying Akara By The Roadside (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.