Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,738 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

Unbelievable Acronyms That Will Shock You - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unbelievable Acronyms That Will Shock You (47233 Views)

Unbelievable Acronyms That Will Shock You / See magnified images of everyday items that will shock you / 60 Acronyms You Might Not Know Their Meaning !!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unbelievable Acronyms That Will Shock You by bee444: 3:01pm On Apr 16, 2016
professore:
End of Thinking Capacity,e.t.c

This is a clear example of what we are saying. ETC (et cetera) which is an abbreviation can also stand alone as an acronym as long as you can come up with words that match the original intention of the word.
Re: Unbelievable Acronyms That Will Shock You by charlsecy(m): 3:02pm On Apr 16, 2016
bee444:

The meanings of those words are real, but the words itself aren't acronyms or abbreviation, except OK... which is an abbreviation of Okay.
OK.
Re: Unbelievable Acronyms That Will Shock You by Ribena02(m): 3:03pm On Apr 16, 2016
wroskian:
NYSC- Now Your Suffering Continues. cheesy
not alphabetism not acronyms
Re: Unbelievable Acronyms That Will Shock You by bee444: 3:14pm On Apr 16, 2016
NYSC is an acronym and not an abbreviation. We all know what it stands for (meaning). But I like the guy that comes up with own meaning... "Now Your Suffering Continues". Though not the original intention of the acronym.

That was what the @op did. He added meanings to already existing words and called it acronym. Acronyms are individual letters and does not form words.

@op was confused between meanings and acronyms. He formulated meanings to already existing known words.
Re: Unbelievable Acronyms That Will Shock You by ybalogs(m): 3:16pm On Apr 16, 2016
Informative? No
Creative? Yes.
Kudos
Re: Unbelievable Acronyms That Will Shock You by ibkgab001: 3:26pm On Apr 16, 2016
Jos = Jesus Our Saviour
Re: Unbelievable Acronyms That Will Shock You by vivavik(f): 3:28pm On Apr 16, 2016
NAIRA... never allow igbos rule again. I heard this from the IPOB station and almost exploded with laughter. Smh
Re: Unbelievable Acronyms That Will Shock You by Nobody: 3:31pm On Apr 16, 2016
You would share in my thought that Nigeria's intelligence capacity is on a sharp decline when you count the number of people who took this piece of entertainment for actual informative facts. I am more pained that a mod is complicit in this deliberate dubious craft that misleads so many people at a swoop.

What a shame! In view of this, tomorrow's kind of leaders evokes in me feelings of dreadful foreboding.
Re: Unbelievable Acronyms That Will Shock You by ultimate77(m): 3:32pm On Apr 16, 2016
Bookmarkd... I go use am twist my next gf's brain
Re: Unbelievable Acronyms That Will Shock You by Quasarr(f): 3:36pm On Apr 16, 2016
mohioma:

PHCN. .......PLEASE HOLD CANDLE NOW!
Please Hold Candle Nearby
Re: Unbelievable Acronyms That Will Shock You by bofoy(m): 3:38pm On Apr 16, 2016
IMO = IGBO MUST OBEY
ABIA = All brafrans interactive arena
Re: Unbelievable Acronyms That Will Shock You by Skibofire(m): 3:46pm On Apr 16, 2016
LastMumu:
Eat = Energy and taste?

Newspaper = North East West South Past and Present event Report?
What the _fuck is the meaning of this foolishness? Paper is just paper, it has no bloody acronym! >sad

And the _fuck is 'Objection Killed' for Ok? Ok is the short way of writing 'Okay'.
Who ever compiled this _shit needs to be shot! >sad
at last someone with sense

Re: Unbelievable Acronyms That Will Shock You by jclassiq(m): 4:21pm On Apr 16, 2016
LastMumu:
Eat = Energy and taste?

What the _fuck is the meaning of this foolishness? Paper is just paper, it has no bloody acronym! angry

And the _fuck is 'Objection Killed' for Ok? Ok is the short way of writing 'Okay'.
Who ever compiled this _shit needs to be shot! angry

And for goodness sake my broda, d last time I checked, etc. was still the abbreviated form of etcetera. Or has it changed??
Re: Unbelievable Acronyms That Will Shock You by Melinde: 4:50pm On Apr 16, 2016
aLgoridim:
. HE = Human Entity

. SHE = Special Human Entity
WE = Whole Entity

1 Like

Re: Unbelievable Acronyms That Will Shock You by spafu(m): 5:15pm On Apr 16, 2016
IconicEagle:
NAIRALAND= Nigerians Aims In Rational And Logical Development Not Division.
You see your life? Which D represents Development there? Advancement would have helped you but your hatred for the Igbo's right to self determination won't let you see it.
Re: Unbelievable Acronyms That Will Shock You by balo007(m): 5:29pm On Apr 16, 2016
[quote author=lordmayor2013 post=44732531]Do we know actual full form of some words

•News paper =
North East West South past and present events report.

•Chess =
Chariot, Horse, Elephant, Soldiers.

•Cold =
Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease.

•Joke =
Joy of Kids Entertainment.

•Aim =
Ambition in Mind.

•Date =
Day and Time Evolution.

•Eat =
Energy and Taste.

•Tea =
Taste and Energy Admitted.

•Pen =
Power Enriched in Nib.

•Smile =
Sweet Memories in Lips Expression.

•SIM =
Subscriber Identity Module

•etc. =
End of Thinking Capacity

•OK =
Objection Killed

•Or =
Orl Korec (Greek Word)

•Bye =
Be with you Everytim

.Love=
Listen obey vigilant endurance
Re: Unbelievable Acronyms That Will Shock You by Metobime(m): 5:37pm On Apr 16, 2016
APC= All promises Cancelled
Re: Unbelievable Acronyms That Will Shock You by dynamix101(m): 5:49pm On Apr 16, 2016
Nigerians and their perchant to always be heard. ITK wont kill some pple. Op wrote sth, either flow or ignore, i dunno why some peeps will always carry matters on their head like gala. If u were frustrated before now, go and sort urself out elsewhere and free others who are enjoying themselves and feeling good with themselves while reading this piece and adding theirs.
Its not as if u are any good or if ur sense of reasoning is that developed. Dont know why some pple always insist dat everyone must tow their exact, rigid, straightfaced, straitjacketed line of thinking. Afterall u werent forced to read, were u??
Re: Unbelievable Acronyms That Will Shock You by Nobody: 5:50pm On Apr 16, 2016
frankly op, are they acronyms or your creativity 'cause you brought SIM into it which is actually acronym...
Re: Unbelievable Acronyms That Will Shock You by Nobody: 6:03pm On Apr 16, 2016
airmirthd1:
We have *brains* in the world!! I have never thought about it before...

People believe anything In this world. cry
Re: Unbelievable Acronyms That Will Shock You by AceDomino(m): 7:47pm On Apr 16, 2016
OG

ORIGINAL GANGSTER
Re: Unbelievable Acronyms That Will Shock You by Nobody: 8:00pm On Apr 16, 2016
LexMacquin:

People believe anything In this world. cry

How do you mean Mister? undecided
Re: Unbelievable Acronyms That Will Shock You by mrZENographer: 9:07pm On Apr 16, 2016
Hero10001:
DD - Daura Durllardo.
DSS - Daura Secret Service
APC - All Progressive Criminal.
No light, no fuel, no job, no hope, no life, prices of goods and services soaring high.
Chai, may devil purnish Apc.

Read this. its just d start.

http://www.punchng.com/buhari-might-be-the-last-president-of-nigeria/
Re: Unbelievable Acronyms That Will Shock You by mrZENographer: 9:19pm On Apr 16, 2016
Akanniade:

Its a good indicator of nigerian educational system.
Mr moderator, you will spare a lot of weak minds and semi illiterates if you remove this from front page or better still close the thread.

i think this thread was just meant to make people to jiggle/ served as a crack. So dont take it serious. Some people hve also made it funnier with gimmicks like nepa, NYSC, Naira..
Re: Unbelievable Acronyms That Will Shock You by Paulchris(m): 9:31pm On Apr 16, 2016
FUTO---Frustration Under Tension Owerri
Re: Unbelievable Acronyms That Will Shock You by Nobody: 12:34am On Apr 17, 2016
airmirthd1:

How do you mean Mister? undecided

The OP Obviously wanted some attention, came up with silly meanings to already existing words.

Why people would believe 'newspaper' is an acronym in the first place is beyond me! worse still an acronym for 'north, East...'

#GullibilityAtItsPeak undecided
Re: Unbelievable Acronyms That Will Shock You by kayalla(f): 1:05am On Apr 17, 2016
very very very nice. tank u.
Re: Unbelievable Acronyms That Will Shock You by drphantom: 2:06am On Apr 17, 2016
vince001:
Apart from SIM, all others are not real.

Exactly!!

And people are actually praising it for being educative?

We've got serious problems. #smh
Re: Unbelievable Acronyms That Will Shock You by Nobody: 1:54pm On Apr 17, 2016
LexMacquin:

The OP Obviously wanted some attention, came up with silly meanings to already existing words.

Why people would believe 'newspaper' is an acronym in the first place is beyond me! worse still an acronym for 'north, East...'

#GullibilityAtItsPeak undecided

True!!! I quite agree with you... But on a second thought, the meaning given to those words are on point...... So, you see my point
Re: Unbelievable Acronyms That Will Shock You by Nobody: 2:36pm On Apr 17, 2016
airmirthd1:

True!!! I quite agree with you... But on a second thought, the meaning given to those words are on point...... So, you see my point

I see your point. undecided
Re: Unbelievable Acronyms That Will Shock You by messidee(f): 6:04pm On Apr 17, 2016
LastMumu:
Eat = Energy and taste?

What the _fuck is the meaning of this foolishness? Paper is just paper, it has no bloody acronym! angry

Who ever compiled this _shit needs to be shot! angry
OMG! Your comment as well as a couple others above kept me from losing my mind. I read through freely because I was expecting it to be a joke not taken seriously angry
I mean Chess= Chariots Horses Elephants

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Where To Download Textbooks Pdf/ebooks / Ikechukwu Nwachukwu Dikko Wins US President's Award, Gets Letter From Trump / What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.