Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,162 members, 7,860,163 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:05 AM

Release Nnamdi Kanu And Tender An Unreserved Apology To Him- onaiyekan to Buhari - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Release Nnamdi Kanu And Tender An Unreserved Apology To Him- onaiyekan to Buhari (32839 Views)

PDP Chairmanship: Wike Owes No Apology To South-west - Ogunlewe / Fashola Tenders Unreserved Apology To Reps / Osinbajo Meets Abdulsalami, Cardinal Onaiyekan & Others In Aso Rock (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Release Nnamdi Kanu And Tender An Unreserved Apology To Him- onaiyekan to Buhari by Ahmedhussain3463: 3:11pm On Apr 16, 2016
Achuwa1:
there is no going back,,,the SE/SS has taken a bold step by deciding their future,so it is left for the remaining SW & middle belt to decide there faith.the clock is ticking.
look at dis guy,pls forget south south in ur biafra project pls
Re: Release Nnamdi Kanu And Tender An Unreserved Apology To Him- onaiyekan to Buhari by tarekamos: 3:13pm On Apr 16, 2016
thesicilian:
I wonder what brand of weed the so called archbishop is smoking. He's dabbling into issues he doesn't understand & doesn't concern him, meanwhile Christians are benign slaughtered everyday in the North, no one is bold enough to speak out.

I want to disagreed with the Lord Cardinal here. Buhari hasn't done anything wrong, he hasn't disobeyed any court order pls. I won't like to go further because of the respect that i have for the Lord Cardinal. We are in a rotten society where pple do what they like when they feel that things are not going their way without regard to the same rule of law we are talking about here. Where was rule of law when boko haram was killing in the NE? Where was rule of law when money meant for armunitions to fight insuggency was being shared among them them and pple were being killed daily in hundreds? Personally, he who goes to equity is expected to go with a clean hands. Buhari is the Chief Security Officer of this country and he can use his power to remand anybody that constitute security risk in detention. How can you operate a radio station without a licence to do so? If the radio was in operation during Jonathan and he allowed it, then that is his usual weakness and he's known for that. Buhari will not tolerate that afterall Kanu cannot operate such in England where he came from. Our leaders in the church should pls leave politics for politicians, because they occupy a respectable position. We should always call a spade a spade, no sentiment pls.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Release Nnamdi Kanu And Tender An Unreserved Apology To Him- onaiyekan to Buhari by joxiri: 3:14pm On Apr 16, 2016
Things are bad in Nigeria, but it's imperative people not forget how we suffered and had our rights infringed on during military rule, pmb is making a mockery of democracy, upholding the rule of law in a democratic society cannot be underestimated nor undermined for one minute
Truth be told Kanu has been improsoned for a long time now, like play like play 1 year will pass, worse case scenario release him on house arrest and Seize his passport.
The archbishop is saying the truth at the end of the day, you cannot detain someone for this long. Buharis international legacy will be tarnished by this.
Let be honest with ourselves this is wrong Biafra or no Biafra

1 Like

Re: Release Nnamdi Kanu And Tender An Unreserved Apology To Him- onaiyekan to Buhari by tarekamos: 3:17pm On Apr 16, 2016
alcmene:
If Nnamdi Kanu was questioned, warned and released by DSS as early as October 2015 Mr. Kanu could have been a forgetten suspect.
Nigerians could have gone forward after getting his 15 mins fame.

DSS blew their chance to release Mr. Kanu way before time.
Now they have made the man a world hero and contributed more to the awareness of Biafra.
The world is now watching Buhari and Nigeria justice system. Biafra Republic is all over the news in Asia, Europe and all the continents of the world.

Well, I guess is divine destiny for Mr. Kanu who belived in himself and his conviction about freedom of Ibos from the shackles of Nigeria.
The decision is for Buhari to release the man now that things are cold and warm than allowing a situation he will regret hopefully take to his grave

Hero of Biafra and not world hero pls.
Re: Release Nnamdi Kanu And Tender An Unreserved Apology To Him- onaiyekan to Buhari by Nobody: 3:18pm On Apr 16, 2016
Oluwabusobomi:

Zombie, as if you care about Christians
If it was Mbaka,that spoke in favour of Buhari,wailers like you will have spitting trash by now. Awon werey wailers oshi.
Re: Release Nnamdi Kanu And Tender An Unreserved Apology To Him- onaiyekan to Buhari by Ahmedhussain3463: 3:21pm On Apr 16, 2016
chernest2002:
That little voice that says biafra has been getting louder by the day and will continue till the actual state is realized.
even if u see biafra in dream is a mirage,pls wen u start imagining biafra is sucide to ur reasoning
Re: Release Nnamdi Kanu And Tender An Unreserved Apology To Him- onaiyekan to Buhari by tarekamos: 3:22pm On Apr 16, 2016
Achuwa1:
there is no going back,,,the SE/SS has taken a bold step by deciding their future,so it is left for the remaining SW & middle belt to decide there faith.the clock is ticking.

You SE always like to join SS to your struggle. You are doing that in order to dominate them later. Speak for yourselves and let SS speak for themselves separatelly pls
Re: Release Nnamdi Kanu And Tender An Unreserved Apology To Him- onaiyekan to Buhari by Beeman1(m): 3:23pm On Apr 16, 2016
If dem born this arc bishop well make him go release am na. Nonsense.
Re: Release Nnamdi Kanu And Tender An Unreserved Apology To Him- onaiyekan to Buhari by Ahmedhussain3463: 3:27pm On Apr 16, 2016
kutchs:

What exactly is the Cardinal supposed to do, pick up a gun and go face the herdsmen in Rambo style?
Haven't people already spoken and are still speaking about the ongoing slaughter of people in the north? What has the president who has the power to stop the killings done?
More than 500 people were slaughtered in Agatu alone which attracted even international condemnation but the president hasn't shown any solidarity with the people and you are here condemning the Cardinal.

One of the basic elements of democracy is Rule of Law which holds that all are equal before the law and all must respect the law. The law here includes whatever interpretation the judiciary gives it. If you don't agree with the interpretation all you need do is challenge it in court but not flagrant disregard for it.

Even if you have a very strong evidence against KANU, once the court orders his release obey but appeal against it. That will ensure that democracy is sustained and consolidated.

Democracy operates on the principle of Rule of Law and not Rule of the president.
continue to blow ur yeye grammer,bt believe me if u d nigeria president u will nt consider bail for a person who say wen e finish wit d country u leading, somalia will b paradise to nigeria.let me tell u sth today,kanu will end like abiola
Re: Release Nnamdi Kanu And Tender An Unreserved Apology To Him- onaiyekan to Buhari by tarekamos: 3:30pm On Apr 16, 2016
emmasege:
I duff my cap for the cardinal, if these were actually his words. I mean, there has to be a voice for the voiceless, since several acclaimed men of God (including the Save Nigeria Group one- Mr. Tunde Bakare) have compromised their voices.

I bet you if Kanu is freed today, i will start my radio station in 3 months time without licence. Buhari is different from Jonathan pls and those that are still thinking of testing the will of the nation under President Buhari should have a rethink.

1 Like

Re: Release Nnamdi Kanu And Tender An Unreserved Apology To Him- onaiyekan to Buhari by seunajia: 3:33pm On Apr 16, 2016
saintkel:
Ur ist line got me thinking. If kanu should be arrested for inciting violence what about Buhari n other politicians who swore hell f they don't win d election. Oh dnt tell me he never said that.

Don't be a dunderhead. Let's for once assume Buhari said and meant that, does it make right? Don't you feel outrightly silly put up such a wishy-washy line of argument?

Kanu committed a sin against Nigeria and himself. He knew exactly what he was calling for. Moreover, he has not exhibited any form of remorse.

He should be made to pay. His will serve as deterrence to would be murderers and criminals alike who see no wrong in taking the lives of others to achieve their selfish whims.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Release Nnamdi Kanu And Tender An Unreserved Apology To Him- onaiyekan to Buhari by Ahmedhussain3463: 3:35pm On Apr 16, 2016
Sctests:
Oya Chief dulllard go and arrest the Cardinal and lock him. You think everything is about brute force and gra gra. The only foools supporting you are your fellow muslim zombies in that pseudo-Arab jungle.

The only reason they support you is Islam- the religion that always wants blood, blood and more blood! I pity the blind christians who can't use their brains because they think they are fighting Igbos.

lol,u av paranoia mental for islam bt dt nt d subject matter|am a realist and am nt discrediting d fact dt nigeria will nt remain united forever,bt nnamdi kanu is too ineffectual to b instrumental to d balkanization of nigeria state|mark my word,nnamdi kanu will lament and regret ever mentioning biafra|lastly a united nigeria will last for anoda century b4 d 5% will b free from d caprices and whims of northerner nd south westerner|

2 Likes

Re: Release Nnamdi Kanu And Tender An Unreserved Apology To Him- onaiyekan to Buhari by tarekamos: 3:36pm On Apr 16, 2016
Ahmedhussain3463:
even if u see biafra in dream is a mirage,pls wen u start imagining biafra is sucide to ur reasoning

Bunch of pple without a focus and direction. One minute you want your Biafra, next minute you want Vice President in 2019. We don't know want you want. You are pursuing 2 rats at the same time. While some are saying Biafra state, others are strategising and repositioning for 2019. Any Moses among them?

1 Like

Re: Release Nnamdi Kanu And Tender An Unreserved Apology To Him- onaiyekan to Buhari by diegwu01: 3:37pm On Apr 16, 2016
I don't know when some of these guys would realize that GEJ is no longer the President
We now have a Firm and Strong leader in PMB, A leader that takes Tough decisions[b][/b] no matter who's is involved.
You dont go about threatening the cooperate existence of Nigeria and walk freely like it happened during the time of the Ineffectual Buffon when Asari Dokubo and his gang of thugs went about threatining everyone, they have since May 29th 2015 remained mute.
The IPOB dilector chose a wrong time for his ranting and stupidity, He would be convicted and sent to an underground cell for a verry loooong time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Release Nnamdi Kanu And Tender An Unreserved Apology To Him- onaiyekan to Buhari by emmasege: 3:42pm On Apr 16, 2016
tarekamos:

I bet you if Kanu is freed today, i will start my radio station in 3 months time without licence. Buhari is different from Jonathan pls and those that are still thinking of testing the will of the nation under President Buhari should have a rethink.
Can you hear yourself? How's your response related to my post? But I'll answer you based on your level of comprehension and in response to your 'response'. Did Buhari not swear to uphold the constitution of the FRN? Interpretation and implementation of court orders should not be subject to personal opinion and convenience by a man who publicly swore to uphold the law of the land. His refusal to obey the order has turned Kanu to an overnight hero before those who once criticized his moves. Nobody fights wrong with wrong, and if PMB thinks that's the best way to handle the matter, he'll end up making more enemies for himself and his govt, and even set the country on fire.
A wise president should have obeyed the order (NO MATTER WHAT), then invite him for a personal chat and even reach out to the wider igbo community by going to Enugu, Onitsha, Aba, Owerri etc to allay the people's fear and win their trust.
Re: Release Nnamdi Kanu And Tender An Unreserved Apology To Him- onaiyekan to Buhari by Ahmedhussain3463: 3:42pm On Apr 16, 2016
tarekamos:

Bunch of pple without a focus and direction. One minute you want your Biafra, next minute you want Vice President in 2019. We don't know want you want. You are pursuing 2 rats at the same time. While some are saying Biafra state, others are strategising and repositioning for 2019. Any Moses among them?
lols wnt is wrong wit u,i dnt wnt biafra,is like u read wht i wrote wit a subconscious mind
Re: Release Nnamdi Kanu And Tender An Unreserved Apology To Him- onaiyekan to Buhari by popcykaylah(m): 3:44pm On Apr 16, 2016
anonimi:

Who determines whether the act is treasonable or NOT?
Is it our COURTS or a vindictive, dictatorial individual?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2791249_buharidictator_jpeg54fbfa328c264d1468c247af37cdb7f0

With all the criminals we call judge these days ..abeg..this will serve as a lesson to all those who follow kanu on thesame path.
Re: Release Nnamdi Kanu And Tender An Unreserved Apology To Him- onaiyekan to Buhari by tarekamos: 3:47pm On Apr 16, 2016
naijaking1:

Unfortunately, you forgot that before radio Biafra, Buhari operated radio chanji aimed at toppling GEJ freely
Why do you forget all seemingly violent threats issued to GEJ by Buhari and his friends like El Rufai?

Okay, start your own radio and threats and see the outcome. Buhari won't tolerate all the nonsense, you know his background. Do you have strong and convincing evidence that Buhari operated a radio station before he became President? Changii you are talking about was a programme on Hausa BBC. Pls be careful my brother.
Re: Release Nnamdi Kanu And Tender An Unreserved Apology To Him- onaiyekan to Buhari by igwegeorgiano(m): 3:52pm On Apr 16, 2016
thesicilian:
I wonder what brand of weed the so called archbishop is smoking. He's dabbling into issues he doesn't understand & doesn't concern him, meanwhile Christians are benign slaughtered everyday in the North, no one is bold enough to speak out.
its a sin to insult an ordained clergy. note that he is entitled to his own opinion. we are in a democratic society. thanks and chop knuckles.
Re: Release Nnamdi Kanu And Tender An Unreserved Apology To Him- onaiyekan to Buhari by tarekamos: 3:56pm On Apr 16, 2016
popcykaylah:

With all the criminals we call judge these days ..abeg..this will serve as a lesson to all those who follow kanu on thesame path.

I won't join anybody to try God. God gave us Buhari for the rising of the oppressed masses and the falling of the oppressors of the masses. Dictator or no dictator, i won't join you to query God pls. A good leader must posses some dictatorial elements in him to achieve result. Look at our history. If Buhari had stayed for 5yrs in his first coming, drug trafficking would have been eleminated long before now.

1 Like

Re: Release Nnamdi Kanu And Tender An Unreserved Apology To Him- onaiyekan to Buhari by tarekamos: 4:05pm On Apr 16, 2016
igwegeorgiano:
its a sin to insult an ordained clergy. note that he is entitled to his own opinion. we are in a democratic society. thanks and chop knuckles.

The Cardinal should also believe God when God said He ordain kings for His pple for no one could be king without Him. Cardinal should know that God ordained President Buhari as our leader today. He should therefore, forward his observations and comments to Buhari the way he did during Jonathan.
Re: Release Nnamdi Kanu And Tender An Unreserved Apology To Him- onaiyekan to Buhari by tonquendo4u(m): 4:09pm On Apr 16, 2016
thesicilian:
U see ur life?Did d archbishop lie?Why are u insulting him?Is henot entitled to his opinion?Haven't d president BN disregarding court orders?Na ur type de join boko because you've lost all ur sense of reasoning.Receive brain
Re: Release Nnamdi Kanu And Tender An Unreserved Apology To Him- onaiyekan to Buhari by orakao8: 4:12pm On Apr 16, 2016
WHAT DO U KNOW?...HE HAS SAID THE TRUTH..HOW DARE YOU TALK ABOUT A CLERGY MAN IN THAT MANNER?
thesicilian:
Re: Release Nnamdi Kanu And Tender An Unreserved Apology To Him- onaiyekan to Buhari by orakao8: 4:17pm On Apr 16, 2016
AND IT IS ALSO THEIR RESPONSIBILITY TO OBEY THE INTERPRETER OF THE LAW...THE JUDICIARY wink
Stalwert:
It is a grave pity that an archbishop would come out to say such about an individual who says Somalia would be a paradise when he finish with Nigeria. It is the responsibility of any govt to uphold the law not apologize to criminals. we know the archbishop met repeatedly with GEJ maybe lack of access has pushed him to speak in this manner.
Re: Release Nnamdi Kanu And Tender An Unreserved Apology To Him- onaiyekan to Buhari by olajide8(m): 4:21pm On Apr 16, 2016
These catholics their faith and their standard against other religions- a group of people blinded by sectionalism -

Phraisee and saducies in the bible (right spelling please correct me) catholics - Romans and saducies - Muslims
Re: Release Nnamdi Kanu And Tender An Unreserved Apology To Him- onaiyekan to Buhari by tarekamos: 4:22pm On Apr 16, 2016
emmasege:
Can you hear yourself? How's your response related to my post? But I'll answer you based on your level of comprehension and in response to your 'response'. Did Buhari not swear to uphold the constitution of the FRN? Interpretation and implementation of court orders should not be subject to personal opinion and convenience by a man who publicly swore to uphold the law of the land. His refusal to obey the order has turned Kanu to an overnight hero before those who once criticized his moves. Nobody fights wrong with wrong, and if PMB thinks that's the best way to handle the matter, he'll end up making more enemies for himself and his govt, and even set the country on fire.
A wise president should have obeyed the order (NO MATTER WHAT), then invite him for a personal chat and even reach out to the wider igbo community by going to Enugu, Onitsha, Aba, Owerri etc to allay the people's fear and win their trust.

Buhari should invite a rebel for a personal chat? Going to all towns and villages in the South East would not change the mind of the Igbos. There's no fear to allay, it is politics and strategy for 2019. My point is that, the SE put all their eggs in the basket of Jonathan and the result is too bitter for them to swallow hence the need to start making trouble.

3 Likes

Re: Release Nnamdi Kanu And Tender An Unreserved Apology To Him- onaiyekan to Buhari by Nobody: 4:27pm On Apr 16, 2016
Can you hear yourself?
tarekamos:

I want to disagreed with the Lord Cardinal here. Buhari hasn't done anything wrong, he hasn't disobeyed any court order pls. I won't like to go further because of the respect that i have for the Lord Cardinal. We are in a rotten society where pple do what they like when they feel that things are not going their way without regard to the same rule of law we are talking about here. Where was rule of law when boko haram was killing in the NE? Where was rule of law when money meant for armunitions to fight insuggency was being shared among them them and pple were being killed daily in hundreds? Personally, he who goes to equity is expected to go with a clean hands. Buhari is the Chief Security Officer of this country and he can use his power to remand anybody that constitute security risk in detention. How can you operate a radio station without a licence to do so? If the radio was in operation during Jonathan and he allowed it, then that is his usual weakness and he's known for that. Buhari will not tolerate that afterall Kanu cannot operate such in England where he came from. Our leaders in the church should pls leave politics for politicians, because they occupy a respectable position. We should always call a spade a spade, no sentiment pls.
Re: Release Nnamdi Kanu And Tender An Unreserved Apology To Him- onaiyekan to Buhari by dandon2: 4:27pm On Apr 16, 2016
Its obvious that Ndigbo were right for not actually trusting or voting buhari. Though for not voting buhari did not stop him from winning the election, but most Nigerians can now understand why Ndigbo acted as they did. Mr. President does not believe in change that evil should turn to good. If that's not true, why then does he kept quiet and allow those Fulani's to attack and kill fellow Nigerians unprovoked? Why were they enbollden to kidnap priest, kidnap women, in Enugu and others states? That led OPC to threaten to retaliate. Why is he so much focusing on southeast and south south, harassing and intimidating with force which has never worked in the past, like IBB, OBJ, someone need to tell him that he will fail also.he preaches peace and change but he's laying a foundation of of hatred and war.Action they said speaks louda than voice, when he came to power he shouted one Nigeria but in apointment he appointed Northerners to all key or juicy positions, OBJ and Jonathan never did that so who is deceiving who?

1 Like

Re: Release Nnamdi Kanu And Tender An Unreserved Apology To Him- onaiyekan to Buhari by domnwan(m): 4:48pm On Apr 16, 2016
tarekamos:

The Cardinal should also believe God when God said He ordain kings for His pple for no one could be king without Him. Cardinal should know that God ordained President Buhari as our leader today. He should therefore, forward his observations and comments to Buhari the way he did during Jonathan.
U blasphem,Buhari emergency as the president was a way to save you and me,even the devil will be truthful enough to say that Buhari never won the 2015 election on due process, quote me even to ur god,Buhari
Re: Release Nnamdi Kanu And Tender An Unreserved Apology To Him- onaiyekan to Buhari by domnwan(m): 4:54pm On Apr 16, 2016
I hate it when people of the south east defend south south bcoz to me south south hate south east are are ready to die instead of uniting with them(southeast ')in the course for the actualization of the biafra
Re: Release Nnamdi Kanu And Tender An Unreserved Apology To Him- onaiyekan to Buhari by Egabs(m): 4:59pm On Apr 16, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:
Buhari they hear word lipsrsealed

to insult(chop ban) just they hungry me sad
I taught u av sense each time sm one comes out to talk sense into this PMB sm of u gullible once wll jump out insulting urself

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ike Ekweremadu Hosts BBNaija's CeeC And Angel In Abuja (Photo) / Gumi: I Feel Pity For The Next President, We Could Face A Greater Insurgency / APC Senators Move To Block Impeachment Threat Against Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.