Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,684 members, 7,809,588 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:41 AM

Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency (27370 Views)

Senator Adeola Denies Ownership Of Discovered Billions In Osborne Tower / Dambazau Owns Real Estate In The US, Billions In Abuja - Sahara Reporters / Looters Hide Billions In Farms – Dogara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by steph2sweet(f): 8:43pm On Apr 15, 2016
Biased administration
Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by tahir01(m): 8:43pm On Apr 15, 2016
Wonderful. May The Almighty God make it come to past. Lemme hear a big AMEN.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by iomoge2(f): 8:44pm On Apr 15, 2016
If we are wise. This is the time to import machinery for production and learn the art of production

But trust Nigeria, consumer country

If only we can learn and produce and do made In Nigeria and continue our made In Nigeria path.
The Chinese people would be forced to produce in Nigeria and team up with Nigerians to start companies
Everything lies in hands of we the masses.

To buy production machineries and start a production line would be easier.
Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by yinkslinks(m): 8:44pm On Apr 15, 2016
money will be shared and nothing will be heard again grin grin grin grin grin no be naija
Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by hijodedios: 8:44pm On Apr 15, 2016
As if china dash una the money,keep on fooling yourselves.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by repogirl(f): 8:45pm On Apr 15, 2016
Garba Shehu abeg make dem add processing to the mining.

Not just to mine and export, but to also process it. This will create more jobs.

Tenk.
Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by Lessonteacher(f): 8:45pm On Apr 15, 2016
same old story we been hearing since the time of 'lugard'. Actions speak louder words. We want to see things done, .

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by Inspectahdeck(m): 8:45pm On Apr 15, 2016
Great
Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by henrygale(m): 8:46pm On Apr 15, 2016
Chatap! Make dem just make life easy for the common man. Hope soon,kungfu lesson won't be made compulsory in schools with the way am feeling dey r selling naija to the Chinese.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by repogirl(f): 8:46pm On Apr 15, 2016
amtaken:
Niger

Lagos

Ogun

Kogi

What about Eastern states?

Mxm.
The East will be alright. They shouldn't bother.
Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by Idris222: 8:47pm On Apr 15, 2016
Good news sai baba bihari
Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by LoneRanger2: 8:47pm On Apr 15, 2016
Keneking:
But where is lalasticlala and Mynd44 sef undecided

Dear Lord, I thank you for the gift of knowledge and wisdom. I bless your name. You are worthy of praise. You have reset our destiny as a nation. With you, I offer great Thanksgiving for your mercies and pity on us.

Lord, some of us have suffered but with your divine intervention, thou has set us free from poverty and underdevelopment. Guide your son, President Muhammadu Buhari to achive this breakthrough, guide our leaders right, help the youth the truth to see.

Father, continue to bless Nigeria, restore our strength and grace our tomorrow. This is my prayer in Jesus name. Amen
Amen Amen and Amen.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by sukkot: 8:47pm On Apr 15, 2016
Fedayeen:
I took out time to read the statement there and a cold chill went through my spine.

Sometimes if you are fighting to believe in the Nigeria project our leaders will remind you that some regions don't deserve their attention.

Call me a tribalist now and i will embrace it with glee but we can see how the billions of contract were ceded to the North and SW.

Is the SS/SE part of Nigeria or is their resources solely for plunder and use to enrich other regions?

The revenue from oil will be used to pay this 2billion dollar loan but the people from that region are not alowed to share in the spoils of the loan.

Please don't tell me about who voted who because in democracy there is freedom to vote for anyone you want but the winner needs to carry everyone along.

My heart bleeds because this government ois sowing seed of division instead of integration.

If a restructuring is not done in this shameful system we call Federalism then an abortion might happen before the delivery day.

Our date with history is nigh.

Cc Truckpusher dearpreye
just negodu angry

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by Pavarottii(m): 8:48pm On Apr 15, 2016
Believe APC government at ur own peril! No single project initiated or even continued, one year gone. Budget inconclusive. Who are these people deceiving?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by Chommieblaq(f): 8:48pm On Apr 15, 2016
Fedayeen:
I took out time to read the statement there and a cold chill went through my spine.

Sometimes if you are fighting to believe in the Nigeria project our leaders will remind you that some regions don't deserve their attention.

Call me a tribalist now and i will embrace it with glee but we can see how the billions of contract were ceded to the North and SW.

Is the SS/SE part of Nigeria or is their resources solely for plunder and use to enrich other regions?

The revenue from oil will be used to pay this 2billion dollar loan but the people from that region are not alowed to share in the spoils of the loan.

Please don't tell me about who voted who because in democracy there is freedom to vote for anyone you want but the winner needs to carry everyone along.

My heart bleeds because this government ois sowing seed of division instead of integration.

If a restructuring is not done in this shameful system we call Federalism then an abortion might happen before the delivery day.

Our date with history is nigh.

Cc Truckpusher dearpreye

You just said my mind.

Smh for this government!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by Nobody: 8:48pm On Apr 15, 2016
really?
Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by georgen2u(m): 8:49pm On Apr 15, 2016
I didn't see any location in the east. Hmmm OK oh

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by Emmywins4life(m): 8:49pm On Apr 15, 2016
I pray for accomplishments. And may God continue to give you more wisdom Mr. President. God bless you
Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by iwillexposeu: 8:49pm On Apr 15, 2016
Federal ministry of wailers will nt like dis, dey are really working very hard 2 destroy dos government oya food don don
TheFreeOne:
President Muhammadu Buhari has expressed satisfaction with the outcome of his working visit to China, which has yielded additional investments in Nigeria exceeding six billion dollars.

President Buhari believes that the several agreements concluded with the Chinese during the visit would have a huge and positive impact on key sectors of the Nigerian economy including power, solid minerals, agriculture, housing and rail transportation.

The Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Mr Garba Shehu disclosed the President’s views in a statement on Friday.

“In the power sector, North South Power Company Limited and Sinohydro Corporation Limited signed an agreement valued at 478,657,941.28 dollars for the construction of 300 Mega Watts solar power in Shiriro, Niger State.

“In the solid minerals sector, Granite and Marble Nigeria Limited and Shanghai Shibang signed an agreement valued at 55 million dollars for the construction and equipping of granite mining plant in Nigeria.

“A total of one billion dollars is to be invested in the development of a greenfield expressway for Abuja-Ibadan-Lagos under an agreement reached by the Infrastructure Bank and Sinohydro Corporation Limited.

“For the housing sector, both companies also sealed a 250 million dollars deal to develop an ultramodern 27-storey high rise complex and a 2.5 billion dollars agreement for the development of the Lagos Metro Rail Transit Red Line project,” the statement read.

Other agreements announced and signed during the visit include one billion dollars for the establishment of a Hi-tech industrial park in Ogun-Guangdong Free Trade Zone in Igbesa, Ogun State.

The Ogun-Guangdong Free Trade Zone and CNG (Nigeria) Investment Limited also signed an agreement valued at 200 million dollars for the construction of two 500MT/day float gas facilities.

“An agreement valued at 363 million dollars for the establishment of a comprehensive farm and downstream industrial park in Kogi State was also announced at the Nigeria-China business forum.

“Other agreements undergoing negotiations include a 500 million dollars project for the provision of television broadcast equipment and a 25 million dollars facility for production of pre-paid smart meters between Mojec International Limited and Microstar Company Limited,” the statement read.

About 100 Nigerian businesses and 300 Chinese firms participated in the Nigeria-China business forum, which took place a day after President Buhari began his visit to China.

http://www.channelstv.com/2016/04/15/buharis-china-visit-yields-billions-in-investment-for-nigeria-presidency/
Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by DIVINE78: 8:50pm On Apr 15, 2016
Austincrow:
Good for us
May the goodies touch my life in Jesus mighty name.
Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by iwillexposeu: 8:50pm On Apr 15, 2016
Federal ministry of wailers will nt like dis, dey are really working very hard 2 destroy dis government oya food don don mk una come eat
TheFreeOne:
President Muhammadu Buhari has expressed satisfaction with the outcome of his working visit to China, which has yielded additional investments in Nigeria exceeding six billion dollars.

President Buhari believes that the several agreements concluded with the Chinese during the visit would have a huge and positive impact on key sectors of the Nigerian economy including power, solid minerals, agriculture, housing and rail transportation.

The Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Mr Garba Shehu disclosed the President’s views in a statement on Friday.

“In the power sector, North South Power Company Limited and Sinohydro Corporation Limited signed an agreement valued at 478,657,941.28 dollars for the construction of 300 Mega Watts solar power in Shiriro, Niger State.

“In the solid minerals sector, Granite and Marble Nigeria Limited and Shanghai Shibang signed an agreement valued at 55 million dollars for the construction and equipping of granite mining plant in Nigeria.

“A total of one billion dollars is to be invested in the development of a greenfield expressway for Abuja-Ibadan-Lagos under an agreement reached by the Infrastructure Bank and Sinohydro Corporation Limited.

“For the housing sector, both companies also sealed a 250 million dollars deal to develop an ultramodern 27-storey high rise complex and a 2.5 billion dollars agreement for the development of the Lagos Metro Rail Transit Red Line project,” the statement read.

Other agreements announced and signed during the visit include one billion dollars for the establishment of a Hi-tech industrial park in Ogun-Guangdong Free Trade Zone in Igbesa, Ogun State.

The Ogun-Guangdong Free Trade Zone and CNG (Nigeria) Investment Limited also signed an agreement valued at 200 million dollars for the construction of two 500MT/day float gas facilities.

“An agreement valued at 363 million dollars for the establishment of a comprehensive farm and downstream industrial park in Kogi State was also announced at the Nigeria-China business forum.

“Other agreements undergoing negotiations include a 500 million dollars project for the provision of television broadcast equipment and a 25 million dollars facility for production of pre-paid smart meters between Mojec International Limited and Microstar Company Limited,” the statement read.

About 100 Nigerian businesses and 300 Chinese firms participated in the Nigeria-China business forum, which took place a day after President Buhari began his visit to China.

http://www.channelstv.com/2016/04/15/buharis-china-visit-yields-billions-in-investment-for-nigeria-presidency/
Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by Chommieblaq(f): 8:52pm On Apr 15, 2016
I try to preach and tell people that this administration is not biased buh they keep proving me wrong.

What then happens to SE and SS,this ain't democracy.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by bukas15(m): 8:52pm On Apr 15, 2016
shamsuRana:
cheesy

President Buhari's meeting with Chinese officials has brought so many benefits to Nigeria, and some of the agreements signed include:
1. 长,水利部苏莱曼阿达姆部长和国防部长丹阿里,长,水利部苏莱曼阿达姆部长和国防部长丹阿里, 长,水利部苏莱曼阿达姆部长和国防部长丹阿里
2.,长,水利部苏莱曼阿达姆部长和国防部长丹阿里,
他来到中国人民共和国长
3.,水利部苏莱曼阿达姆部长和国防部长丹阿里,
他来到中国人民共和国进行国事访问行国事访问长,水长长,水利部苏莱曼阿达姆部长和国防部长丹阿里,
他来到中国人民共和国进行国事访问水利部苏莱曼阿达姆部长和国防部长丹阿里,
他来到中国
4.人民共和国进行国事访问部苏莱曼阿达姆部长和国防部长丹阿里,
他来到中国人民共和国进行国事访问长
And additionally,水利部苏莱曼阿达姆部长和国防部长丹阿里,
他Lagos来到中国人民Calabar共和国进行国事访问他
Its a positive development
The government hopes to implement all these to the benefit of the populace.
lol how wil he even understand dt?. d future of nigeria under pmb is hangin under d political bemuda triangle

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by Ucheosefoh(m): 8:52pm On Apr 15, 2016
Kudos for the investments but as usual nothing for the SE

3 Likes

Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by Kingspin(m): 8:52pm On Apr 15, 2016
We don tire for statement upon statements, someone should tell this man that it time for work and work.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by Worthie(m): 8:54pm On Apr 15, 2016
Keep up d good work Mr President
Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by jkendy(m): 8:54pm On Apr 15, 2016
Yet we haven't sighted anything on ground
All we hear is reports on newspaper of his achievements. Save me this paper works joor. We need to see queues disappearing from filling stations across the country and not this noise of his trips yielding fruits.
R U B B I S H

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by YelloweWest: 8:54pm On Apr 15, 2016
All the investments from the loan are going to the north and south West. Meanwhile it is the oil from the south south that will repay the loan.

My people from the Niger delta that supported buhari (however few u may be) what do u have to say for selves?
Buhari hates the ss and se. He specifically omitted the logos calaba rail project from the budget if not why did he not include it himself? Is it the duty of a minister to include project in the budget? ?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by MEILYN(m): 8:54pm On Apr 15, 2016
What about South East?

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by EmekaBlue(m): 8:59pm On Apr 15, 2016
No b today we begin dey hear or read all these...Lets c d work on ground actualization...Tired of expecting expecting...
Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by haqueurate(m): 9:01pm On Apr 15, 2016
Sealeddeal:
Only North and SW.2
you people amaze me o! Are you not the same people justifying the removal of a major rail project in your region by your greedy senators
Dont you know the Chinese were suppose to contribute to that project you were all against (because of ameachi)
I just hope baba abandons that calabar rail seff, you ungrateful lots. Mtcheewww angry

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari With Ita-Giwa: Says, "2017 Budget Will Not Be Padded Under My Watch" / Sanwo-Olu Attends Completion Ceremony Of GAC Assembly Plant In Lagos (pics) / Why We Reinstated Abdulrasheed Maina, Fugitive Ex-Pension Chief – FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.