Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,274 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:22 AM

Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency (27372 Views)

Senator Adeola Denies Ownership Of Discovered Billions In Osborne Tower / Dambazau Owns Real Estate In The US, Billions In Abuja - Sahara Reporters / Looters Hide Billions In Farms – Dogara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by kolexy(m): 10:04pm On Apr 15, 2016
amtaken:
Niger

Lagos

Ogun

Kogi

What about Eastern states?

Mxm.

Ibos own Lagos now
Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by excomarow(m): 10:06pm On Apr 15, 2016
Keneking:
But where is lalasticlala and Mynd44 sef undecided

Dear Lord, I thank you for the gift of knowledge and wisdom. I bless your name. You are worthy of praise. You have reset our destiny as a nation. With you, I offer great Thanksgiving for your mercies and pity on us.

Lord, some of us have suffered but with your divine intervention, thou has set us free from poverty and underdevelopment. Guide your son, President Muhammadu Buhari to achieve this breakthrough, guide our leaders right, help the youth the truth to see.

Father, continue to bless Nigeria, restore our strength and grace our tomorrow. This is my prayer in Jesus name. Amen

And Amen

Lsts share the GRACE

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by Trust77: 10:08pm On Apr 15, 2016
Baba sai Kayi..... God will surely see you through

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by kolexy(m): 10:13pm On Apr 15, 2016
matrixme:
Words of the elderly, if it does not come to pass in the morning, it sure will by nightfall. Those that warned us that this administration is a scam were right afterall. He has gone ahead to sell our birthright to China. When one wants to make a deal with another country, smartness is required, like this America-India Pact To Share Army Bases.
http://m.indiatimes.com/news/india/10-things-you-need-to-know-about-the-america-india-pact-to-share-army-bases-253453.html
Jonathan did his during his time. He went ahead with Okonjo iweala to rebase the economy. We thought that would suddenly leapfrog our development but they were only confusing us with English.
For those of you waiting for all these fantastic offers to ease your livelihood as a Nigerian, you are just deceiving yourselves. Until fuel is reduced to the minimum, power supply is assured, infrastructures are provided and the teeming unemployment level is brought low, all attempts of Buhari`s administration is futile.

How do you rebase an economy?
Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by Nobody: 10:14pm On Apr 15, 2016
PUSIDRILA:
What you guys dont know is that Fayose"s trip to China is more beneficial to Nigeria than Bubus.

I have it on good authority that he has signed a multi trillion yuan deal with six hundred and sixty six Chinese companies for the processing and exportation of Cattle Hides and skins (ponmo) to Chinese companies.

To achieve this, six mega factories will be set up in Ekiti.These factories will also employ about six hundred and sixty six thousand workers.

Godbless Fayose
Godbless Ekiti
Godbless Nigeria

-Sir Pusi Pinokio Drila Esq
Lol
Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by onunwa21(m): 10:27pm On Apr 15, 2016
Am back to fight corruption...waooo karate is the key. tongue

Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by tempest01(m): 10:33pm On Apr 15, 2016
Civilizations from time immemorial have tried out their hands on how to do things by themselves, and progressively learn from teirmistakes.

The good thing for us is that many others have gone through this process, and we can learn from them.

Calling in china to come and help with all our problems....and nothing in place for transfer of technology and ownership is a minus for us on the long run.

There are many Nigerians at the elm of different sectors around the world, if empowered well, will comeback home an contribute to the different comatose sectors we have
Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by Okpueze1(m): 10:37pm On Apr 15, 2016
LordAdam:
Where are the N5 trillion worth of investments they were able to secure from US?

Now, you want us to jubilate over N1.2 trillion worth of investments from China even before the ink is dry on the deal.

I thought they said, they went there to secure $6b worth of loan and that these loans would be used to finance projects in the 2016 project.

Rather they went there to negotiate new projects (most of which are not covered in the budget), without getting the loan to partly cover the $11b deficit. Anyone should correct me if I am wrong.

I thought they would get at least $2b loan to cover the deficit, then get these deals as extras.

The most annoying part of these deals is the fact that Chinese companies will do the construction and they will bring in their own Chinese workers as well as parts that should have been sourced in Nigeria. Where is the immediate benefit of more jobs, reduced unemployment rate, and boosting of our economy with the money?

Money would move from the Chinese bank financing the project to the Chinese company performing the project without reaching a Nigerian bank. Then the Chinese company will hire the staff and buy the materials in China, then bring them to Nigeria. Whatever will end in the Nigerian economy will be breadcrumbs.

In the end Nigerians would pay back with extensive billing or with crude oil sales or personal income taxes with interest.

I don't know what to call this government?

Why did the idiot leave this country to negotiate loan and deals without his Finance minster? Why?

Then, should we talk about the fact that all the projects are in the North and SW?

Let Buhari continue.

I'm just waiting for the f00l that would say SS/SE should be nationalistic when the West comes for Buhari's head for going to China and ignoring the IMF advice. If the US/UK and the West wants to destabilize Nigeria, we would whistle away and implore them to do their worst because it is very clear that we are not gaining anything from staying in this commonwealth.

-Lord
May God bless us. One day all these insults would be over. Many people will never see the diversity n marginalisation that the se/ss are undergoing in Nigeria! Nonsense!
Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by akigbemaru: 10:42pm On Apr 15, 2016
Bihari agreed!
Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by KBEST3(m): 10:43pm On Apr 15, 2016
My president in action.pmb you are the best among all

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by Biodunex196(m): 10:49pm On Apr 15, 2016
tola9jaa:
if you voted for buhari and by this time you have give up on him you dont see beyond your nose you and the wailers are from the same family

i have confidence that the money he borrowed he will use it judiciously

it would not be like Dr. jona 2.1billion borrowing scam

God bless mr president

God bless Nigerian

I don't why you zombies do behave like do as if you don't know the type of president you get during his campaign he made a lot of propaganda and he has not fulfilled any so I don't believe him until I see things happening
Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by DedeNkem: 10:50pm On Apr 15, 2016
Only in Nigeria is a slave loan celebrated. It shows how st*upid Nigerians are..

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by amtaken(f): 10:55pm On Apr 15, 2016
By their comment you shall know them....

kolexy:

Ibos own Lagos now
Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by amtaken(f): 10:58pm On Apr 15, 2016
You didn't disappoint me at all....

Excuses and tribal bigotism....

Who's surprised?

Not me!

StOla:

Firstly, Lagos and Ogun projects are state projects.

The Lagos rail was already flagged off by Fashola, while the Ogun-Chinese free trade zone is Ogun's version of Tinapa.

The president has only helped the states secure funding for completing their projects just like he recently approved the loan sought by Edo state for state projects.

On a different note, you of all people continuously insist that the president must fail, that the China trip is a waste bla bla bla. Yet you are now asking why nothing is coming to you? Did your governors request for any presidential help with international loans that was not rendered?

Did you not rejoice that the president and Amaechi's bid to have the coastal railway approved was rejected by the National Assembly? When did people start to rejoice over their own loss of development?

If you want Buhari to fail, he will surely fail, but it must be in your state and region.

You are your own enemy.
Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by mandax: 11:00pm On Apr 15, 2016
A most deceptive leadership in Nigeria's history.

Buhari became president of Nigeria through Propaganda of falsehood.

He has continued to use Propaganda of falsehood to govern Nigeria till today.
Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by amtaken(f): 11:00pm On Apr 15, 2016
Keep talking.

antispexish:

he might have presented some projects their too to the Chinese, they probably rejected the idea of investing in the region
Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by mandax: 11:02pm On Apr 15, 2016
theshadyexpress:
same way lie mohammed told us Buhari maiden previdential visit to the US yielded #5trn investment commitments and till today we are still using microscope to view the investors.

This government will say anything to justify its waste of scarce resources, only time will tell if nigerians will choose to live with a lie or begin a journey in search of truth

For me i'd rather take this report with a pinch of salt

Most of Nigeria are like sheep herded by Fulani.

Don't expect them to get tired of Buhari govt's propaganda of falsehood
Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by cleverest: 11:26pm On Apr 15, 2016
Mr President, where is our National Budget
Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by Doyin2(m): 11:29pm On Apr 15, 2016
Fedayeen:
I took out time to read the statement there and a cold chill went through my spine.

Sometimes if you are fighting to believe in the Nigeria project our leaders will remind you that some regions don't deserve their attention.

Call me a tribalist now and i will embrace it with glee but we can see how the billions of contract were ceded to the North and SW.

Is the SS/SE part of Nigeria or is their resources solely for plunder and use to enrich other regions?

The revenue from oil will be used to pay this 2billion dollar loan but the people from that region are not alowed to share in the spoils of the loan.

Please don't tell me about who voted who because in democracy there is freedom to vote for anyone you want but the winner needs to carry everyone along.

My heart bleeds because this government ois sowing seed of division instead of integration.

If a restructuring is not done in this shameful system we call Federalism then an abortion might happen before the delivery day.

Our date with history is nigh.

Cc Truckpusher depreye

Comments like this make me weep for Nigeria!

When Dangote got $2b to invest in a Cement factory in EDO state(SS),no body from SW or north raised eyebrow.Now another tranh of proposed investment has emerged and tribal sentiments are being connoted.What sort of a generation is this

So now every investment decision must be based on ethnic/tribal sentiments and quota system.So the Shiroro solar project whose output will be put in the national grid, is meant for only Niger state, Abi? Can you compare the amount of sunshine available in the north ,to that of the South,for solar power?

PMB has not signed the budget because among other reasons,The lagos(SW)=Calabar(SS) rail project was omitted .

An analysis of the budget indicates that many projects/initiatives are to be embarked upon in the SS/SE.

Examples:

CONSTRUCTION OF 215MW LPFO/GAS POWER PLANT.

Air Peace granted permit o fly direct from Enugu(SE) to China

About N67billion is to be spent by the ministry of Niger Delta,in respect of various projects

DC 132KV LINE FROM ALSCON TO IBOM POWER AND SWITCHING STATION TO LINK
THE GIS AT ALSCON WITH ASSOCIATED BAY EXTENSIONS AT IBOM POWER - AKWA
IBOM STATE

CONSTRUCTION OF 150MVA 330/132/33KV T/F AND 330KV BAYS AT ONITSHA AND
BENIN.

COMPLETION OF SKILLS ACQUISITION CENTRE COMPRISING OF VARIOUS
ENTREPRENEURIAL UNITS TO ENHANCE LOCAL CAPACITY BUILDING AT OSUBI CAMPUS

METALLURGICAL TRAINING INSTITUTE, ONITSHA=ESSENCE INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SKILL ACQUISITION & MANPOWER DEVELOPMENT

Second Niger Bridge

ETC,

There was a country!

SMH

3 Likes

Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by mapet: 11:44pm On Apr 15, 2016
Joel3:
Advantage & Disadvantage Of Nigeria And China Deal

if you ask me, the only advantage is temporary and divert the existing problem.

Advantage of Nigeria & China Deal

1, to reduce temporary pressure on the dollar

2, cheaper import of Chinese goods & service

3. using Nigeria as a contact point or business hub to other west Africa country

4. short team infrastructure to ease suffering

5. the naira we now be accepted by some Chinese

6. opening of Chinese and Nigeria trade.

Disadvantage of Nigeria & Chinese Deal

1, it discourage local product since its cheaper to import

2. it will increase importation as never before. and most especially this critical time oil is worthless

3. it contradict the slogan of Diversifying Nigeria economy

4. we have little to export to China compared with our import from chine

5. the profit margin scale is not balance Nigeria is on the losing end.

6. the long team is disastrous to our economy

7. Chinese yuan is not worthy to bank on inflation will kill our reserve.

8. Chinese will start taking over our jobs and owing a store and storehouses. like it happens in Zimbabwe

9. on the long run there will be scarcity of the yuan just like dollar today.

you are free to add yours.

Apart from the fact that you can hardly play two sides, it is advisable that you stay on your lane as a wailer. Trying to start an intelligent conversation was dead on arrival as you're not cut out for intelligence. Stick to what you know how to do best.
Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by kanosalami: 11:54pm On Apr 15, 2016
TheFreeOne:
President Muhammadu Buhari has expressed satisfaction with the outcome of his working visit to China, which has yielded additional investments in Nigeria exceeding six billion dollars.

President Buhari believes that the several agreements concluded with the Chinese during the visit would have a huge and positive impact on key sectors of the Nigerian economy including power, solid minerals, agriculture, housing and rail transportation.

The Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Mr Garba Shehu disclosed the President’s views in a statement on Friday.

“In the power sector, North South Power Company Limited and Sinohydro Corporation Limited signed an agreement valued at 478,657,941.28 dollars for the construction of 300 Mega Watts solar power in Shiriro, Niger State.

“In the solid minerals sector, Granite and Marble Nigeria Limited and Shanghai Shibang signed an agreement valued at 55 million dollars for the construction and equipping of granite mining plant in Nigeria.

“A total of one billion dollars is to be invested in the development of a greenfield expressway for Abuja-Ibadan-Lagos under an agreement reached by the Infrastructure Bank and Sinohydro Corporation Limited.

“For the housing sector, both companies also sealed a 250 million dollars deal to develop an ultramodern 27-storey high rise complex and a 2.5 billion dollars agreement for the development of the Lagos Metro Rail Transit Red Line project,” the statement read.

Other agreements announced and signed during the visit include one billion dollars for the establishment of a Hi-tech industrial park in Ogun-Guangdong Free Trade Zone in Igbesa, Ogun State.

The Ogun-Guangdong Free Trade Zone and CNG (Nigeria) Investment Limited also signed an agreement valued at 200 million dollars for the construction of two 500MT/day float gas facilities.

“An agreement valued at 363 million dollars for the establishment of a comprehensive farm and downstream industrial park in Kogi State was also announced at the Nigeria-China business forum.

“Other agreements undergoing negotiations include a 500 million dollars project for the provision of television broadcast equipment and a 25 million dollars facility for production of pre-paid smart meters between Mojec International Limited and Microstar Company Limited,” the statement read.

About 100 Nigerian businesses and 300 Chinese firms participated in the Nigeria-China business forum, which took place a day after President Buhari began his visit to China.

http://www.channelstv.com/2016/04/15/buharis-china-visit-yields-billions-in-investment-for-nigeria-presidency/
sai baba
Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by Joarams(m): 12:20am On Apr 16, 2016
haqueurate:

you people amaze me o! Are you not the same people justifying the removal of a major rail project in your region by your greedy senators
Dont you know the Chinese were suppose to contribute to that project you were all against (because of ameachi)
I just hope baba abandons that calabar rail seff, you ungrateful lots. Mtcheewww angry

It's even senseless to expect investors to consider ethnicity as a factor when they already know where the money flows. For all we know, the new 'greenfield' road may end up being tolled and investors know where they'll quickly recoup their investments based on level of traffic and other patronage. Are there no Easterners or South-South people in Lagos, Ibadan and Abuja? Must a project be located in your backyard before you benefit from it? These endless, negative and divisive reasonings beat me!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by Joarams(m): 12:38am On Apr 16, 2016
TheFreeOne:

Your concerns are justified and i hope there will be a balance in projects across the regions too.

Moreover, politicians/businessmen from the SE/SS need to draw the presidency's attention to this omission and pressure the FG on the need to complete pending projects within the region i.e 2nd Niger bridge, Lagos-Calabar rail line, Ibaka deep sea port e.t.c

However i am a firm believer in restructuring the country because that's the only solution that'll engender healthy competition and true development amongst the regions.

Those concerns are baseless, senseless and not justified one bit. Truth be told...if there'll be any 2 major infrastructure projects in the country today, they'll most likely be in the regions already announced by the Chinese Govt (and businessmen) not for ethnic reasons but simply for commonsense reasons...market, capital and return on investment. Why did GEJ think of reviving the Lagos-Kano rail first? Why didn't he think of starting from scratch with some greenfield Otueke-Calabar line, just to satisfy ethnic sentiments? Business sense tells you to follow the money and the traffic potentials when planning transportation.

Unfortunately, Nigeria is not evenly distributed in terms of capital and population so there will always be some skewness in the infrastructure distribution unless we're deceiving ourselves. This is why I believe the concerns you have replied to are unfounded.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by magicalx(m): 1:07am On Apr 16, 2016
Fedayeen:
I took out time to read the statement there and a cold chill went through my spine.

Sometimes if you are fighting to believe in the Nigeria project our leaders will remind you that some regions don't deserve their attention.

Call me a tribalist now and i will embrace it with glee but we can see how the billions of contract were ceded to the North and SW.

Is the SS/SE part of Nigeria or is their resources solely for plunder and use to enrich other regions?

The revenue from oil will be used to pay this 2billion dollar loan but the people from that region are not alowed to share in the spoils of the loan.

Please don't tell me about who voted who because in democracy there is freedom to vote for anyone you want but the winner needs to carry everyone along.

My heart bleeds because this government ois sowing seed of division instead of integration.

If a restructuring is not done in this shameful system we call Federalism then an abortion might happen before the delivery day.

Our date with history is nigh.

Cc Truckpusher depreye

I noticed that too... Sad
Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by igwegeorgiano(m): 1:10am On Apr 16, 2016
theshadyexpress:
same way lie mohammed told us Buhari maiden previdential visit to the US yielded #5trn investment commitments and till today we are still using microscope to view the investors.

This government will say anything to justify its waste of scarce resources, only time will tell if nigerians will choose to live with a lie or begin a journey in search of truth

how i wish some blurred minds on this plaform will have this mindset. its an exercise in futility. the said loan will be domiciled in china and some block heads are saying good for naija. time shall tell. i rest ma case
Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by Weah96: 2:19am On Apr 16, 2016
igwegeorgiano:
how i wish some blurred minds on this plaform will have this mindset. its an exercise in futility. the said loan will be domiciled in china and some block heads are saying good for naija. time shall tell. i rest ma case

In addition to that, dey go carry their own workers come and pay their Nigerian handlers to hire diggers who will then be paid dirt cheap.
Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by Caseless: 3:51am On Apr 16, 2016
theshadyexpress:

previdential?
Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by xelly: 3:54am On Apr 16, 2016
Is this man the proverbial red agama lizard?
Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by COMPAQ(m): 4:01am On Apr 16, 2016
I'm confused! Why do we need a greenfield Expressway from Abuja to ibadan and then to Lagos? What happened to the existing route? Surely that would be easy cheaper. And who needs a 27 storey building? I thought we'd hear more about hydro power projects.

The only thing that I see that really makes sense there is the solar power plant and the red train line in Lagos
Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by egoldman(m): 4:09am On Apr 16, 2016
repogirl:
The East will be alright. They shouldn't bother.
And alright they will be , sometimes when u look at the eastern Nigeria , you would not believe this are people that were reduced to virtual nothing economicaly after the civil war .
Just observe this , the same easterners that are excluded from this deals with still be doing much better economicaly than the those are that are to benefit from the deals , i found this very interesting .

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by asorocker: 5:17am On Apr 16, 2016
amtaken:
Niger

Lagos

Ogun

Kogi

What about Eastern states?

Mxm.

They don't matter, they are wailing wailers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari With Ita-Giwa: Says, "2017 Budget Will Not Be Padded Under My Watch" / Tinubu Intensifies Consultations, Visits IBB / Peter Obi Takes His Campaign To The Streets In Aba, Abia State (Pictures, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.