Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,044 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

Alaafin Of Oyo And His Oloris Storm Maiduguri (Photos) - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Alaafin Of Oyo And His Oloris Storm Maiduguri (Photos) (29554 Views)

Lamidi Adeyemi, Alaafin Of Oyo And His Wives 'Oloris' (Photo) / Alaafin Of Oyo And His Oloris At Eid Prayer Ground In Oyo (photos) / Alaafin Of Oyo And His Oloris Out For Eid Prayers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo And His Oloris Storm Maiduguri (Photos) by mmsen: 1:22pm On Apr 16, 2016
MosakuAW:

I dont see the relevant of Obas in this country any longer.

The last period Obas were very relevant in the communities are the era of Military rules because the Military rulers bribed them heavily and made them relevant then.

Whenever there was unrest in the country, Military government always invite them to dinner.

What is their functions now?

Now they're bribed by state governments. They are a core sector in the corrupt political establishment.

If Nigeria wants to heal itself it must rid itself of military leaders posing as statesmen and democrats and traditional monarchs who do nothing but cause traffic jams and waste state funds on bleach and ashawos.
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo And His Oloris Storm Maiduguri (Photos) by drrid(m): 1:25pm On Apr 16, 2016
From one great post to another greater post and doing greatest things that movate good dreamer.....

I will become a great somebody in life..... If you believe in your self hit like.....
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo And His Oloris Storm Maiduguri (Photos) by Nobody: 1:31pm On Apr 16, 2016
I watched the convocation on tv. The alaafin gave a nice speech. Didnt know he was chancellor of the school.

Emir of kano was also present. Im happy that borno state is back in business. May boko haram NEVER come back again in Jesus name.
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo And His Oloris Storm Maiduguri (Photos) by firstolalekan(m): 1:36pm On Apr 16, 2016
Wizdray:
Ode
Ni iya e

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo And His Oloris Storm Maiduguri (Photos) by xreal: 1:37pm On Apr 16, 2016
yarimo:
Mtchew Between emir of kano and buhari I don't no who like travelling and taking of pictures ?
How is that supposed to be ur headache?

Good! Bornu is becoming safe.
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo And His Oloris Storm Maiduguri (Photos) by xreal: 1:37pm On Apr 16, 2016
yarimo:
Mtchew Between emir of kano and buhari I don't no who like travelling and taking of pictures ?

Where u see Emir of Kano again?
BTW, How is that supposed to be ur headache?

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo And His Oloris Storm Maiduguri (Photos) by izubairu(m): 1:38pm On Apr 16, 2016
Guy, its not their fault. Its due to the love and support they have from majority of Nigerians. Everybody wants to snap them whenever they are seen.
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo And His Oloris Storm Maiduguri (Photos) by emmasege: 1:40pm On Apr 16, 2016
Finally, his political affiliation has fetched him a federal university chancellorship.
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo And His Oloris Storm Maiduguri (Photos) by tmanuelle(m): 1:41pm On Apr 16, 2016
scholes0:

Oba of Benin na Palace slave be that o....
Lmao! ... Have you ever heard of any other place where kings don't travel? lool

Even the Queen of England does oo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo And His Oloris Storm Maiduguri (Photos) by hadaydhollarpo(m): 1:44pm On Apr 16, 2016
hemartins:
I used to think kings/obas don't travel. People Visit them to pay homage but now, everything is different.

That's why I will always respect the Oba Of Benin.
see mumu, do u mean Oba Benin does not travel @all? I believe d Oba of Benin must be a chancellor of one of these Universities. He need to be in attendance during convocation ceremony except his not sound healthwise.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo And His Oloris Storm Maiduguri (Photos) by Nobody: 1:45pm On Apr 16, 2016
By next year, I'll be doing my internship there..
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo And His Oloris Storm Maiduguri (Photos) by sirEAGLES(m): 1:51pm On Apr 16, 2016
Is it just me or those no one think this alaafin look Like the poster boy 4 whitenicious. Chai see bleached out women marrying the gods of their land all because of money now I really believed Pete ed ochre when he said "for 300 million naira an average nigerian lady will kill her husband"
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo And His Oloris Storm Maiduguri (Photos) by sirEAGLES(m): 1:52pm On Apr 16, 2016
Is it just me or those no one think this alaafin look Like the poster boy 4 whitenicious. Chai see bleached out women marrying the gods of their land all because of money now I really believed Pete edochie when he said "for 300 million naira an average nigerian lady will kill her husband"
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo And His Oloris Storm Maiduguri (Photos) by krak101(m): 1:58pm On Apr 16, 2016
scholes0:

Oba of Benin na Palace slave be that o....
Lmao! ... Have you ever heard of any other place where kings don't travel? lool
Can't all traditional rulers emulate him. At times I wonder why Mr president and ministers have to travel. What's the work of Ambassadors and their equivalents repping the countries
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo And His Oloris Storm Maiduguri (Photos) by habsydiamond(m): 2:07pm On Apr 16, 2016
alaafin oko awon olori funfun. baba dey enjoy ooooo.
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo And His Oloris Storm Maiduguri (Photos) by yarimo(m): 2:09pm On Apr 16, 2016
And how is my comment supposed to be your headache?
xreal:

How is that supposed to be ur headache?

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo And His Oloris Storm Maiduguri (Photos) by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 2:18pm On Apr 16, 2016
hemartins:
I used to think kings/obas don't travel. People Visit them to pay homage but now, everything is different.

Who told you Oba of Benin don't travel. The late Oba Erediuwa Solomon Akenzua do travel, it was age that reduced his activities.
If New Oba enters, he would travel because he was an ambassador.

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo And His Oloris Storm Maiduguri (Photos) by hemartins(m): 2:21pm On Apr 16, 2016
hadaydhollarpo:

see mumu, do u mean Oba Benin does not travel @all? I believe d Oba of Benin must be a chancellor of one of these Universities. He need to be in attendance during convocation ceremony except his not sound healthwise.

No wonder your name is dullarpo.
You are very dull
Can't he be represented in any of those functions.
Oba of Benin don't travel.
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo And His Oloris Storm Maiduguri (Photos) by juman(m): 3:00pm On Apr 16, 2016
See bleaching, even they do it to the extreme.
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo And His Oloris Storm Maiduguri (Photos) by IamAtribalist: 3:28pm On Apr 16, 2016
hemartins:

cool Which kind rule be that? The king na slave?! grin grin grin grin cool

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo And His Oloris Storm Maiduguri (Photos) by seunlayi(m): 3:30pm On Apr 16, 2016
Will the àlàáfín visit Chibok before coming back to oyo town? I hope he will

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo And His Oloris Storm Maiduguri (Photos) by Wizdray: 3:33pm On Apr 16, 2016
firstolalekan:
Ni iya e
Were niya to bi o. Omo lasan lasan ekeji aja lo bi
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo And His Oloris Storm Maiduguri (Photos) by firstolalekan(m): 3:55pm On Apr 16, 2016
Wizdray:
Were niya to bi MI. Omo lasan lasan ekeji aja NI MI
OKAY
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo And His Oloris Storm Maiduguri (Photos) by oriflamebaby1(f): 3:58pm On Apr 16, 2016
Mtcheeew! They married their great grand father cos of money! Money they can make legitimately on their own!

Anyway,i make money,look good and have fun wink
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo And His Oloris Storm Maiduguri (Photos) by duduade: 4:22pm On Apr 16, 2016
hemartins:

That one is Ife na one in town... The wondering King....
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo And His Oloris Storm Maiduguri (Photos) by duduade: 5:00pm On Apr 16, 2016
hemartins:

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo And His Oloris Storm Maiduguri (Photos) by xreal: 5:05pm On Apr 16, 2016
yarimo:
And how is my comment supposed to be your headache ?

Just concerned. The thread is about Alaafin, and you are talking of Emir of Kano.

Hope an experienced ophthalmologist isn't far from you.
remember, I'm just being concerned, not my headache.
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo And His Oloris Storm Maiduguri (Photos) by yarimo(m): 5:18pm On Apr 16, 2016
Ok sir, emir of kano nairaland ABABOKU spoke person has spoken gbam Lobatan
xreal:

Just concerned. The thread is about Alaafin, and you are talking of Emir of Kano.

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo And His Oloris Storm Maiduguri (Photos) by xreal: 5:28pm On Apr 16, 2016
yarimo:
Ok sir, emir of kano nairaland ABABOKU spoke person has spoken gbam Lobatan

Lol @ abobaku , u got me there.
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo And His Oloris Storm Maiduguri (Photos) by yarimo(m): 5:57pm On Apr 16, 2016
grin grin grin
xreal:

Lol @ abobaku , u got me there.
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo And His Oloris Storm Maiduguri (Photos) by Nobody: 8:36pm On Apr 16, 2016
xreal:

But can't u see emir of kano in d last picture? He was also present at the convocation though he's not the chancellor.
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo And His Oloris Storm Maiduguri (Photos) by xreal: 10:36pm On Apr 16, 2016
janellemonae:

But can't u see emir of kano in d last picture? He was also present at the convocation though he's not the chancellor.

I saw it, the pic is that of another occasion (the Emir paying Alaafin a vist).

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sultan of Sokoto: North Is The Worst Place To Live, Bandits Operate Freely / Fayose Steals The Show At Udiroko Festival / Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.