Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,430 members, 7,864,891 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 08:49 AM

How Would You React If Government Decides To Prohibit Polygamy In Nigeria? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Would You React If Government Decides To Prohibit Polygamy In Nigeria? (1584 Views)

2019: What Will Happen To Nigerians If Buhari Decides To Re-contest - Shehu Sani / Bill To Prohibit Tribal Marks Passes Second Reading In Senate / If Government Can Pay Herdsmen From Killing Why Not Pay Niger Delta Militants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Would You React If Government Decides To Prohibit Polygamy In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Apr 16, 2016
OPCNAIRALAND:

your opinion does not count. the mere fact that you want to turn our eligible women into prostitutes is enough reason to castrate you. when you become President please dont float this idea....if the women dont get you first I will. grin
Receive sense for once please. All what I have written is from leadership newspaper. Now how do you know that I'm in support or against polygamy, that you're trowing assault. pls go back to school if you cannot understand simple things.
Re: How Would You React If Government Decides To Prohibit Polygamy In Nigeria? by Volksfuhrer(m): 9:33pm On Apr 16, 2016
olafum1:
Limiting the no of birth to 3/man will work contrary to ur assertion up there. So if u like marry four which means one of ur wife won't give birth, or you pay the govt consecutively every year for gi [size=8pt][/size]mmving birth to a fourth.

As I said earlier, Just think Bro. I'm managing my phone ba3 and can't type Reasoning into you

Your idea is not only sexist and wicked, it is just plain dumb. How do you make that work? If you cannot outlaw polygamy, then you cannot expropriate the fundamental rights of a woman to bear children. So you are suggesting that a woman has no right to children because her husband has reached his own limit.

Let's even leave polygamy aside, are you saying a man who lost his wife cannot remarry and have kids because he already had three with the previous wife?(!) I can only imagine the kind of society your idea will govern, perhaps a banana republic!

It's obvious you didn't put much thought to your post.
Re: How Would You React If Government Decides To Prohibit Polygamy In Nigeria? by olafum1(m): 11:38pm On Apr 16, 2016
Volksfuhrer:

Your idea is not only sexist and wicked, it is just plain dumb. How do you make that work?

wrong

If you cannot outlaw polygamy, then you cannot expropriate the fundamental rights of a woman to bear children. So you are suggesting that a woman has no right to children because her husband has reached his own limit.

yes, I am suggesting that

Let's even leave polygamy aside, are you saying a man who lost his wife cannot remarry and have kids because he already had three with the previous wife?(!)

Read me well, the man who will want to give birth to more than the stipulated no of children in d law, must have to show proof of ability to take care of the kids to at least after university education. And also such is man is subjected to yearly due to the govt coffers.

I can only imagine the kind of society your idea will govern, perhaps a banana republic! It's obvious you didn't put much thought to your post.

Good imagination. Because of some people whose religion supports polygamy and sees child bearing as a way of increasing their the number of their religious adherent. This people are in govt and won't want to see such a plan materialise. But in saner climes the State law supersedes any ethnic or religious law.

To he sincere with you, we need laws limiting Chris birth in Nigeria. The instructions are already overstretched, example is in d disproportionate no of applicants to universities each year who can take half of them, look at d jobs, infrastructure and so on. SHALLOM

Re: How Would You React If Government Decides To Prohibit Polygamy In Nigeria? by Volksfuhrer(m): 6:44am On Apr 17, 2016
olafum1, your diction indeed betrays your hatred for any religion or culture that allows polygamy. If you feel it's okay to deny a woman her fundamental rights to have children because her husband already had three with another woman, then there's no point prolonging this discourse with you. We just don't have the same moral compass! Not even in "saner climes" would such a heinous law be embraced.

In any case, I see population growth as a good thing, a resource. The example you gave about infrastructural deficits vis-a-vis population is an indictment on political leadership.

(1) (2) (Reply)

... / Unforgettable Memory 6 Years Back In Every Nigerian Mind (picture) 2nd July / Can Nigeria Adopt This Method, Should We Adopt It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.