Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,235 members, 7,836,126 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

If Government Can Pay Herdsmen From Killing Why Not Pay Niger Delta Militants - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Government Can Pay Herdsmen From Killing Why Not Pay Niger Delta Militants (1862 Views)

Kano, Katsina, Rivers And Lagos Can Pay Salaries Without Borrowing - BudgIT / This Is How The Federal Government Can Stop Nnamdi Kanu Before It's Too Late / FG To Pay Niger Delta Militants Directly Through Cbn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Government Can Pay Herdsmen From Killing Why Not Pay Niger Delta Militants by sarrki(m): 1:10pm On Dec 03, 2016
Kaduna state Governor Mallam Nasir el-Rufai has said his government has traced some violent,aggrieved Fulani to their countries and paid them to stop the killings of Southern Kaduna natives and the destruction of their communities saying that the renewed violence is carried out by bandits.

El-Rufai made this known while fielding questions from some select Journalists in his office in Kaduna.

He said: “For southern Kaduna, we didn’t understand what was going on and we decided to set up a committee under Gen. Martin Luther Agwai (rtd) to find out what was going on there. What was established was that the root of the problem has a history starting from the 2011 post election violence.

“Fulani herdsmen from across Africa bring their cattle down towards Middle Belt and Southern Nigeria. The moment the rains starts around March, April, they start moving them up to go back to their various communities and countries.

“Unfortunately, it was when they were moving up with their cattle across Southern Kaduna that the elections of 2011 took place and the crisis trapped some of them.

“Some of them were from Niger, Cameroon, Chad, Mali and Senegal. Fulanis are in 14 African countries and they traverse this country with the cattle.“So many of these people were killed, cattle lost and they organised themselves and came back to revenge.

“So a lot of what was happening in Southern Kaduna was actually from outside Nigeria. We got a hint that the late Governor Patrick Yakowa got this information and he sent someone to go round some of these Fulani communities, but of course after he died, the whole thing stopped. That is what we inherited. But the Agwai committee established that.

“We took certain steps. We got a group of people that were going round trying to trace some of these people in Cameroon, Niger republic and so on to tell them that there is a new governor who is Fulani like them and has no problem paying compensations for lives lost and he is begging them to stop killing.“In most of the communities, once that appeal was made to them, they said they have forgiven

.There are one or two that asked for monetary compensation. They said they have forgiven the death of human beings, but want compensation for cattle. We said no problem, and we paid some. As recently as two weeks ago, the team went to Niger republic to attend one Fulani gathering that they hold every year with a message from me.

source http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/12/weve-paid-fulani-stop-killings-southern-kaduna-el-rufai/

As a patriotic Nigeria if we can pay for herdsmen to stop

Killing in southern kaduna.

Why can't we pay Niger delta militants to stop bombing

Our major source of income

5 Likes

Re: If Government Can Pay Herdsmen From Killing Why Not Pay Niger Delta Militants by OZAOEKPE(f): 1:19pm On Dec 03, 2016
You have a president who values cows more than Nigerians......

15 Likes

Re: If Government Can Pay Herdsmen From Killing Why Not Pay Niger Delta Militants by Nobody: 1:22pm On Dec 03, 2016
They paid violent bokoharam, but decides to jail and kill peaceful Biafran Protesters...
OMG!! how did I get into dis country?

14 Likes

Re: If Government Can Pay Herdsmen From Killing Why Not Pay Niger Delta Militants by A7(m): 1:23pm On Dec 03, 2016
The herdsmen were compensated for their killed cattles, a wrongdoing meted against them.
Re: If Government Can Pay Herdsmen From Killing Why Not Pay Niger Delta Militants by afanide: 1:23pm On Dec 03, 2016
You made a valid point but unfortunately, Niger Deltans DO NOT WANT PAYMENTS......

They need resource control.....

7 Likes

Re: If Government Can Pay Herdsmen From Killing Why Not Pay Niger Delta Militants by richidinho(m): 1:23pm On Dec 03, 2016
He is also spending billions of dollar laying pipeline from Niger republic to Kaduna refinery.

2 Likes

Re: If Government Can Pay Herdsmen From Killing Why Not Pay Niger Delta Militants by Godprotectigbo2(f): 1:24pm On Dec 03, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin

OP ur head dey correct cool cool cool cool
Re: If Government Can Pay Herdsmen From Killing Why Not Pay Niger Delta Militants by richidinho(m): 1:25pm On Dec 03, 2016
A7:
The herdsmen were compensated for their killed cattles, a wrongdoing meted against them.

So in your own opinion there is no wrong doing against the Nigerdeltans

7 Likes

Re: If Government Can Pay Herdsmen From Killing Why Not Pay Niger Delta Militants by Nobody: 1:30pm On Dec 03, 2016
OP tiri gbosa for you

Infact, take one beer for my head o!
Re: If Government Can Pay Herdsmen From Killing Why Not Pay Niger Delta Militants by PaulIdu: 1:33pm On Dec 03, 2016
sarrki:

As a patriotic Nigerian if we can pay for herdsmen to stop

Killing in southern kaduna.

Why can't we pay Niger delta militants to stop bombing

Our major source of income

Sarrki this exactly where I gave up on Buhari from...The militants in the Niger delta gave him all the support he needed to get started on a firm footing instead of going straight to the creeks when their brother Jonathan lost the election but Buhari being the visionless man he is blew the chance the day the EFCC ordered Tompolo to appear at the time Awolowo road office before a particular time ..By declaring him wanted in that manner the clueless govt only blew the whistle for the current Niger delta standoff to commence ....A wise president would have used the opportunity to draw the close and use his goodwill to divide and conquer them through greed but he failed to do so .

1 Like

Re: If Government Can Pay Herdsmen From Killing Why Not Pay Niger Delta Militants by PaulIdu: 1:35pm On Dec 03, 2016
A7:

People that the governor claimed broke our immigration laws by crossing our borders without permission to destroy farms of hardworking Kaduna people yet you say they were wronged ...brother I am afraid Bigotry has eaten deep into you

7 Likes

Re: If Government Can Pay Herdsmen From Killing Why Not Pay Niger Delta Militants by A7(m): 1:41pm On Dec 03, 2016
richidinho:

So in your own opinion there is no wrong doing against the Nigerdeltans

If exploration lead to displacement and shattering of economic activities of a community, this is injustice. But I think the 13% derivative given to various states, the allocation to ND ministry and other department and agencies covers relocation, compensation and reintegration of affected communities.

Wouldn't it be wise if dwellers of that region ask their representatives where the allotment for their well being is going.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Government Can Pay Herdsmen From Killing Why Not Pay Niger Delta Militants by BeeBeeOoh(m): 1:42pm On Dec 03, 2016
A7:
Who will pay for the souls they've wasted & crimes they've meted on people for time immemorial??

2 Likes

Re: If Government Can Pay Herdsmen From Killing Why Not Pay Niger Delta Militants by Nobody: 1:43pm On Dec 03, 2016
OZAOEKPE:
You have a president who values cows more than Nigerians......

Igbos tufiakwa are the herdsmen killing humans or cow...
Buhari might pay the herdsmen because they kill humans. Because militants are bombing pipes not humans. Buhari loves human lives more than anything so Buhari can not pay them for now.
The one that kill humans should be stopped first...
APC or death...

BiafraudExposed
Re: If Government Can Pay Herdsmen From Killing Why Not Pay Niger Delta Militants by Nobody: 1:44pm On Dec 03, 2016
Sarrki is wailing grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: If Government Can Pay Herdsmen From Killing Why Not Pay Niger Delta Militants by Nobody: 1:44pm On Dec 03, 2016
IpobExposed:

Igbos tufiakwa are the herdsmen killing humans or cow...
go and register for WAEC my boy

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Government Can Pay Herdsmen From Killing Why Not Pay Niger Delta Militants by Stalwert: 1:47pm On Dec 03, 2016
sarrki why don't you ask the state governors to settle the militants? Elrufai I understand is a state governor not the president hence local authorities should solve local problems.
Re: If Government Can Pay Herdsmen From Killing Why Not Pay Niger Delta Militants by DLondonboiy: 1:47pm On Dec 03, 2016
I feel sorry for people like sarrki....They are neither hot nor cold..Neither here nor there...
Today you are a wailer, tomorrow zombiesm takes over...

May God save you...

5 Likes

Re: If Government Can Pay Herdsmen From Killing Why Not Pay Niger Delta Militants by A7(m): 1:50pm On Dec 03, 2016
PaulIdu:

People that the governor claimed broke our immigration laws by crossing our borders without permission to destroy farms of hardworking Kaduna people yet you say they were wronged ...brother I am afraid Bigotry has eaten deep into you

Our borders have always been porous, where do they dug you out from?

Is the governor abetting unrest and more killings? No. He's instead reaching out to both parties to embrace peace and rid themselves of a bitter unproductive strife that's unhealthy for any sane gov't and its people.
Re: If Government Can Pay Herdsmen From Killing Why Not Pay Niger Delta Militants by Nobody: 1:50pm On Dec 03, 2016
Kathmandu:

Look at you don't you know pdp people are using Biafra to deceive u Igbos I have an audio evidence as usual of Nnamdi Kanu saying all his members must vote for PDP

Mynd44 I hope you will not ban me again. If I post that audio to make my igbo brothers think twice why are we forced through Biafra to vote PDP.
Except you answer me I will never post it. Not enjoying this section again... embarassed
Re: If Government Can Pay Herdsmen From Killing Why Not Pay Niger Delta Militants by Nobody: 1:52pm On Dec 03, 2016
IpobExposed:
[s]

rl=www.facebook.com/biafraexpose]Look at you don't you know pdp people are using Biafra to deceive u Igbos I have an audio evidence as usual of Nnamdi Kanu saying all his members must vote for PDP[/url]

Mynd44 I hope you will not ban me again. If I post that audio to make my igbo brothers think twice why are we forced through Biafra to vote PDP.
Except you answer me I will never post it. Not enjoying this section again... [/s] embarassed
Nonsense

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Government Can Pay Herdsmen From Killing Why Not Pay Niger Delta Militants by Godprotectigbo2(f): 1:55pm On Dec 03, 2016
Kathmandu:

grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: If Government Can Pay Herdsmen From Killing Why Not Pay Niger Delta Militants by HtwoOw: 1:58pm On Dec 03, 2016
El Rufai is now FG or Buhari?

Some people and stupid questions

Buhari is never going to pay herdsmen, so ipobians should loose hope,

Besides Eastern terrorists have been terrorizing Nigeria and holding her to ransom since Nigeria has been in existence, amnesty this, training that, more amnesty, 60k stipend for doing absolutely nothing

Maybe it's time for other tribes to get paid too, Ibo s and ipobians do not have the monopoly of violence and amnesty is not thier birthright
Re: If Government Can Pay Herdsmen From Killing Why Not Pay Niger Delta Militants by sarrki(m): 2:02pm On Dec 03, 2016
HtwoOw:
El Rufai is now FG or Buhari?

Some people and stupid questions

Then FG should take a cue
Re: If Government Can Pay Herdsmen From Killing Why Not Pay Niger Delta Militants by lordizak(m): 2:05pm On Dec 03, 2016
state govt paid, not federal.
Re: If Government Can Pay Herdsmen From Killing Why Not Pay Niger Delta Militants by sarrki(m): 2:07pm On Dec 03, 2016
lordizak:
state govt paid, not federal.

The love I have for Buhari as a person is very deep

I will criticize him where necessary

We should take a cue from kaduna state government

I don't want winners take it all
Re: If Government Can Pay Herdsmen From Killing Why Not Pay Niger Delta Militants by EmeeNaka: 2:10pm On Dec 03, 2016
A7:
Your statement is nonsensical.Are they supposed to be paid when they took law into their hands? They were paid because they've killed so many people in retaliation for their cows that got killed while destroying people's farm. They were paid to stop taking the law into their hand.
Re: If Government Can Pay Herdsmen From Killing Why Not Pay Niger Delta Militants by limeta(f): 2:10pm On Dec 03, 2016
Sarrki i hail ooooo
Good one bro.
Re: If Government Can Pay Herdsmen From Killing Why Not Pay Niger Delta Militants by ayindejimmy(m): 2:10pm On Dec 03, 2016
I don't know about the payment of herdsmen but FG has been paying and sponsoring the Niger Delta militants since the time of Yaradua.
It's just that they're insatiable
Re: If Government Can Pay Herdsmen From Killing Why Not Pay Niger Delta Militants by limeta(f): 2:11pm On Dec 03, 2016
A7:

Na wa for you sha
Re: If Government Can Pay Herdsmen From Killing Why Not Pay Niger Delta Militants by jmoore(m): 2:12pm On Dec 03, 2016
[size=68pt]ZOO[/size] rewards fulani herdsmen when they kill innocent civilians.
Re: If Government Can Pay Herdsmen From Killing Why Not Pay Niger Delta Militants by sarrki(m): 2:13pm On Dec 03, 2016
Kathmandu:
Sarrki is wailing grin grin grin grin

Nop sis

I am a patriot

I don't patronize anyone for favour

I have traveled far and near

I know what good governance can do to a country

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Needs More Prayers, Dollar Will Hit N650 – TB Joshua Gives New Prophecies / Breaking News: President Buhari Was Never In London All Photos Were In Abuja / NNPC Reveals Status Of Its Accounts Over Kachikwu, Baru Saga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.