Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,939 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (911293 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (500) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Rickywowoz: 12:55pm On May 05, 2016
lakesidepapa:

@Many schools can grant you admission without IELTS or any letter.

Am I dreaming? Someone should pls wake me up. Abeg oga futurewise,List schools that can grant applicant(s) admission without the IELTS or any letter as u said since the applicant course is taught in english. Am having a hard time to believe this oo
Technical University of Munich (TUM)
University of Augsburg
FAU Erlangen
University of Ulm
University of Freiburg (Depending on the program)
Ruhr University Bochum.

Ulm stated specifically in thier website that they don't accept letter from school even if language of instruction is English but I explained to them that I have studied in English for 16 years, I took English in JAMB and WAEC exams and I can even provide a letter from my school stating that my language of instruction is English. They said "ok if that is the case, you don't need any IELTS.

For University of Freiburg, if you are going for the REEM program, they accept English proficiency letter from your school but if you are going for sustainable systems engineering program, then u need IELTS.

No rule in this world is rigid( in my opinion), even the Germans can bend the rule a bit. for instance

I didn't add the letters of recommendation when I sent my package to Augsburg because it was not ready then. They told me that I need to send the letters by post before my application will be considered but I pleaded with the coordinator to allow me send the letters my email so that I can beat the deadline which was fast approaching. she said ok, that I can send the soft copies,that she will let me know whenever the hard copies are needed.

I decided to apply to Erlangen few days to their deadline, I mailed the school to please extend the deadline a bit for me so that I can be able to get my transcript from my school, they just told me to register online before the deadline that I can send in the documents even after the deadline.

What I'm saying is that different schools and programs have their own procedure. so I will advice people to always mail the school and find out first hand the ways things can be done because some might change their rules without updating their website.

I remember University of Saskatchewan stating boldly in their website that GRE is compulsory but I sent them a mail and they told me that GRE exam is no more a requirement for admission into the program ( but its written on the website).

So my brothers, always mail the coordinator or secretary if u need their help in any way.

Thank you.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Unigwestanley: 1:03pm On May 05, 2016
futurewise11:

If a particular school insist on English proficiency certificate cant you look at other school?

My point is simple and clear: Ielts/toefl give you more schools to pick from but can u enrol into two schools? Capital no.
Germany has plenty university to pick from.If one insist on any of those certificate,look into others.
Is university of kiel,stralsund,tubingen,cottbus(ERM),soest (informatics) etc asking you for certificate? Because have applied there and admission letter was granted without any Ielts.

German university is wide in all dimension.if one says no, another one will say yes.

Moreover its not an embassy requirement.
Bros, Cottbus ( ERM)demanded for the IELTS or TOEFL.. i wrote to them and they demanded either of the English certificates
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ogompaul(m): 1:24pm On May 05, 2016
Please house I have two questions. I have forgotten make una no vex.
1. Is block account opening possible in German embassy abuja ?
2. Is opening of block account with acknowledge receipt of your application from uni-assist possible? Or maybe with the admission application form?
Thanks.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 2:09pm On May 05, 2016
Rickywowoz:

Technical University of Munich (TUM)
University of Augsburg
FAU Erlangen
University of Ulm
University of Freiburg (Depending on the program)
Ruhr University Bochum.

Ulm stated specifically in thier website that they don't accept letter from school even if language of instruction is English but I explained to them that I have studied in English for 16 years, I took English in JAMB and WAEC exams and I can even provide a letter from my school stating that my language of instruction is English. They said "ok if that is the case, you don't need any IELTS.

For University of Freiburg, if you are going for the REEM program, they accept English proficiency letter from your school but if you are going for sustainable systems engineering program, then u need IELTS.

No rule in this world is rigid( in my opinion), even the Germans can bend the rule a bit. for instance

I didn't add the letters of recommendation when I sent my package to Augsburg because it was not ready then. They told me that I need to send the letters by post before my application will be considered but I pleaded with the coordinator to allow me send the letters my email so that I can beat the deadline which was fast approaching. she said ok, that I can send the soft copies,that she will let me know whenever the hard copies are needed.

I decided to apply to Erlangen few days to their deadline, I mailed the school to please extend the deadline a bit for me so that I can be able to get my transcript from my school, they just told me to register online before the deadline that I can send in the documents even after the deadline.

What I'm saying is that different schools and programs have their own procedure. so I will advice people to always mail the school and find out first hand the ways things can be done because some might change their rules without updating their website.

I remember University of Saskatchewan stating boldly in their website that GRE is compulsory but I sent them a mail and they told me that GRE exam is no more a requirement for admission into the program ( but its written on the website).

So my brothers, always mail the coordinator or secretary if u need their help in any way.

Thank you.
Thanks for this, mailing the school is always the best option instead of just assuming with the limited info one gets online
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by futurewise11(m): 2:20pm On May 05, 2016
ogompaul:
Please house I have two questions. I have forgotten make una no vex.
1. Is block account opening possible in German embassy abuja ?
2. Is opening of block account with acknowledge receipt of your application from uni-assist possible? Or maybe with the admission application form?
Thanks.
k

Longest time bro..whats up....

1). Yes its possible.

2).No, I doubt it because the account number will be generated with the branch code of the school address .Hence uni assist document is not enough to open block account.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by UncleJudax(m): 2:38pm On May 05, 2016
hadassaheke:

Mir geht es gut
Haven't heard from the school, but I believe that it has gotten there....... I used Nipost
I used Nipost too, and I have confirmed my two packages...a month, on the average.
May be you should write to them. But i think there is nothing to worry.

Alles Gute!

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by honourableseyi: 3:27pm On May 05, 2016
To those that want to apply to Msc programs in schools within Lower Saxony but with low GP, I think this might worth checking out. I got it in one of the schools in Lower Saxony website.

"As a result of an amendment of the Higher Education Act of Lower Saxony (NHG), applications for consecutive Master degree programmes in 2016 are no longer subject to the minimum grade point average of 2.5. The relevant section of the admission regulations in §2(3) is being amended. Other admission requirements, such as previous knowledge of the subject or English or German skills remain unaffected by this."

3 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ogompaul(m): 6:07pm On May 05, 2016
futurewise11:
k

Longest time bro..whats up....

1). Yes its possible.

2).No, I doubt it because the account number will be generated with the branch code of the school address .Hence uni assist document is not enough to open block account.
Futurewise11, I know u. You be my oga for real. I fit senior u o! Buh u be my oga. House, feel free to pm futurewise11 for any kind of assistance, he will try his possible best, I know you boss. I go halla u today wey be public holiday make we yan.

As for my question, what about acknowledgement from the school itself?
Again, branch code is not a problem I think because I am using another state branch code here and two of my friends are using two other different branch code as well. So would that change your answer to yes?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by futurewise11(m): 6:30pm On May 05, 2016
ogompaul:
Futurewise11, I know u. You be my oga for real. I fit senior u o! Buh u be my oga. House, feel free to pm futurewise11 for any kind of assistance, he will try his possible best, I know you boss. I go halla u today wey be public holiday make we yan.

As for my question, what about acknowledgement from the school itself?
Again, branch code is not a problem I think because I am using another state branch code here and two of my friends are using two other different branch code as well. So would that change your answer to yes?

Funny you....Let him try bro.No harm in going to the embassy with it.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Udjeffrey: 10:55pm On May 05, 2016
hello guys,
please i would like to know if one needs to apply only to a university for the studien kolleg or more than two universities for a better chance of getting admission. can some one help me out. God bless
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Udjeffrey: 10:56pm On May 05, 2016
or more than one
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chinok97: 11:22pm On May 05, 2016
Lol, your answer is in the question already, if you truly have a naija blood, and you don't wana take any chances, na 5 u go apply for.. So at the end of the day, you get to pick or the lucky one successfully comes ur way
Udjeffrey:
hello guys,
please i would like to know if one needs to apply only to a university for the studien kolleg or more than two universities for a better chance of getting admission. can some one help me out. God bless
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by rockyjim(m): 12:18am On May 06, 2016
Hello to all.
Please, for those of you who have used an official affidavit of support (Verpflichtungserklärung), I need your input here.
My sponsor resides in berlin and my uni is in saxony anhalt. I have applied for student accomodation but still waiting for confirmation. Could there have been a better way for my sponsor to fill in the lodging address as seen in the pic? If yes, please let me know so it can be corrected. thanks
[img][/img]

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Leprof1(m): 1:25am On May 06, 2016
rockyjim:
Hello to all.
Please, for those of you who have used an official affidavit of support (Verpflichtungserklärung), I need your input here.
My sponsor resides in berlin and my uni is in saxony anhalt. I have applied for student accomodation but still waiting for confirmation. Could there have been a better way for my sponsor to fill in the lodging address as seen in the pic? If yes, please let me know so it can be corrected. thanks
[img][/img]

I think the address of your student accommodation would suffice, since your sponsor is in Berlin, he needs to clearly state that he is the one paying for the accommodation. Berlin is in a different state (Brandenburg) and saxony is a different state. I doubt it would make sense to the VO that you would be shuttling every day btw Brandeburg and Saxony. So that bit need to be clarified

This is just a rough guess, I am not 100% as am sure of what is acceptable. In my case school and home are in the same state, so my sponsor can state that he is my host.

Hopefully other members of this forum can help give more concrete answers.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by mikky4all(m): 10:03am On May 06, 2016
My question: to the guru's in the house is a possible to enrol for another masters while undertaking a masters degree in Germany.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by jofo: 10:28am On May 06, 2016
Hello house.......... Please pardon me if my questions have been treated earlier am just a bit confused. Theses are my questions:

1. Do i need to fill just one uni-assist online form to cover all the schools am applying to?
2. In sending documents to uni-assist do i need to package just one set of documents for all the schools am applying to through them?

Your kind response will be appreciated.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by jaybmich: 11:16am On May 06, 2016
jofo:
Hello house.......... Please pardon me if my questions have been treated earlier am just a bit confused. Theses are my questions:

1. Do i need to fill just one uni-assist online form to cover all the schools am applying to?
2. In sending documents to uni-assist do i need to package just one set of documents for all the schools am applying to through them?

Your kind response will be appreciated.
Your no 1 question is No. Different schools with different application form, you need to submit each application, signed and send to Uni Assist. For example. If you want to apply to three skools, then u will have to submit three different signed application to Uniassist.

No 2. The answer is yes. One set of documents will suffice for the applications.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Rickywowoz: 11:23am On May 06, 2016
Please guys, who has any information on the Goethe institute intensive language course for beginners?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by pompido: 11:30am On May 06, 2016
mikky4all:
My question: to the guru's in the house is a possible to enrol for another masters while undertaking a masters degree in Germany.

The answer to your question is dependent on the clarity of the word "enrol".

1. If you are thinking about the possibility of gaining admission to another university while still studying in another course, then yes you can do that without issues (I am thinking you probably know this grin)

2. The real answer you need is NO! You can not be fully enrolled in another university in Germany while still registered and studying in another. As part of your registration requirements, you would be asked if you are currently in a program in another university (lie here and accept what follows). when you reply in the affirmative, you would be asked to get your dematriculation certificate from your current university before you can be fully enrolled in the new one.

You may wonder how they will find out if you do not tell them that you in another university, well you do realise you are not a native of the land and you have all sorts of records everywhere there. Your applications would also be originating from Germany and your insurance and Ausweis will be clear indicators to the fact that you are no JJC. Long story short, you just want to be straight with them period.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by jofo: 11:37am On May 06, 2016
jaybmich:

Your no 1 question is No. Different schools with different application form, you need to submit each application, signed and send to Uni Assist. For example. If you want to apply to three skools, then u will have to submit three different signed application to Uniassist.

No 2. The answer is yes. One set of documents will suffice for the applications.

Thanks.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by cahnellven: 11:50am On May 06, 2016
dolpaz:
German don't bend rules..
No be naija we dey.

They do , trust me
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by mikky4all(m): 1:07pm On May 06, 2016
Thanks a lot for the well constructed response. What if I want to enrol for another masters program once am done with one.
pompido:

The answer to your question is dependent on the clarity of the word "enrol".

1. If you are thinking about the possibility of gaining admission to another university while still studying in another course, then yes you can do that without issues (I am thinking you probably know this grin)

2. The real answer you need is NO! You can not be fully enrolled in another university in Germany while still registered and studying in another. As part of your registration requirements, you would be asked if you are currently in a program in another university (lie here and accept what follows). when you reply in the affirmative, you would be asked to get your dematriculation certificate from your current university before you can be fully enrolled in the new one.

You may wonder how they will find out if you do not tell them that you in another university, well you do realise you are not a native of the land and you have all sorts of records everywhere there. Your applications would also be originating from Germany and your insurance and Ausweis will be clear indicators to the fact that you are no JJC. Long story short, you just want to be straight with them period.

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ohakskid: 1:13pm On May 06, 2016
jaybmich:

@jaymich, that's 3 different signed application with just one set of ur certified doc inside one envelope,right?
Secndly are they gona charge per application or the 70€ covers every even if you Wana apply in 6 differnt skulss/courses. Tnx n sorry if toopic has been treated before.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Keji74: 1:40pm On May 06, 2016
ohakskid:

@jaymich, that's 3 different signed application with just one set of ur certified doc inside one envelope,right?
Secndly are they gona charge per application or the 70€ covers every even if you Wana apply in 6 differnt skulss/courses. Tnx n sorry if toopic has been treated before.
Yes to your first question and for ur second question, you pay 75 for the first school and 15 for subsequent ones.....
Just reading through the FAQS of Uniassist would have answered all your questions though.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by jaybmich: 1:41pm On May 06, 2016
ohakskid:

Concerning your first question, it's Yes, just certify ur documents along with your application forms.

The €75 applies to your first application only. The rest will be €15 each.For example, if you want to apply to four different skools, your payment will be as follow, €75, €15, €15, €15. Hope this helps!

So long!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by pompido: 2:21pm On May 06, 2016
mikky4all:
Thanks a lot for the well constructed response. What if I want to enrol for another masters program once am done with one.

By all means go ahead. I actually know a couple of people that are on their second Masters study.......

The reasons for this are not too far fetched:

They do not want the 18months post-study permit to start counting putting them under pressure to look for a fitting job. so they come up with all sorts of permit extension plans without moving into the 18months stretch. like study permit extension based on search for a phd position (actually met someone that is on the second extension). applying and registering for a new masters program, extend study permit, take just a course so as to free up time to hustle and simultaneously apply for jobs with the first masters degree.

The most important thing is to put in your best in your studies and have faith in your God to come through for you when the time comes to move to the next level. All these modes are just High Bp givers.

Ciao

5 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by fratermathy(m): 3:30pm On May 06, 2016
Hello house, I am currently a Masters students [English] in Nigeria, soon to graduate. I intend to apply for PhD studies in Germany but I have some questions:

1. Is it true that PhD candidates don't pay tuition fees?
2. Must I learn to speak German?
3. What is the typical cost of accomodation like [in naira]?
4. Can I work as a teaching assistant or lecturer while undertaking my PhD research?
5. Is it easy to get a visa for PhD studies?
6. How much is flight fee to Germany [cheapest range]
7. Are there academic opportunities for PhD holders ?
8. What are the salient factors I must take into consideration?
9. How much do I need to survive on a monthly basis as a PhD student?
10. Do I need ielts or toefl or gre and those other exams since I read English?

Please do well to tell me anything I haven't asked already. I know the questions are many. You don't have to answer all, just tell me the one you have an authoritative idea on. I really appreciate!

Thanks!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by jaybmich: 4:54pm On May 06, 2016
fratermathy:
Hello house, I am currently a Masters students [English] in Nigeria, soon to graduate. I intend to apply for PhD studies in Germany but I have some questions:

1. Is it true that PhD candidates don't pay tuition fees?
2. Must I learn to speak German?
3. What is the typical cost of accomodation like [in naira]?
4. Can I work as a teaching assistant or lecturer while undertaking my PhD research?
5. Is it easy to get a visa for PhD studies?
6. How much is flight fee to Germany [cheapest range]
7. Are there academic opportunities for PhD holders ?
8. What are the salient factors I must take into consideration?
9. How much do I need to survive on a monthly basis as a PhD student?
10. Do I need ielts or toefl or gre and those other exams since I read English?

Please do well to tell me anything I haven't asked already. I know the questions are many. You don't have to answer all, just tell me the one you have an authoritative idea on. I really appreciate!

Thanks!
No 1, Generally most public skools in Germany are tuition free, irrespective of the degree.
No 2, depends if the course is English taught or German taught. If English you don't need German, but is necessary you learn it for easy transition and opportunities.
No 3, like €500-600 montly, google is your friend, check the exchange rate.depends on the location.
No4. Make contacts with the skool u want to apply to.
No5, nobody can tell u that, package well, pray and hope for the best. Most ESP, u need like 2M in ur Blocked Acc, without that and sponsor in Germany, ur chances are as low as .....
No 6. I can't answer that.
No 7. contact the skool.
No 8. ........
No 9. Depends on ur spending.
No 10. Some skools manadate it, while others will request for letter of proficiency from your Univeristy.

NB..Make sure u have good grades while you can.

I wish you the best!

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by urchman101(m): 5:43pm On May 06, 2016
Good day house, please my question is, how possible is it for someone with a student visa in Germany travel to visit a friend or family in UK?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bosakelvin(m): 5:55pm On May 06, 2016
Good day house, i greet @all, abeg jaybmich how far ur apps na, wishing all success in d house.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ohakskid: 6:41pm On May 06, 2016
jaybmich:

Concerning your first question, it's Yes, just certify ur documents along with your application forms.

The €75 applies to your first application only. The rest will be €15 each.For example, if you want to apply to four different skools, your payment will be as follow, €75, €15, €15, €15. Hope this helps!

So long!
Yh tnx man buh must we certify our application form b4 sending?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ohakskid: 6:42pm On May 06, 2016
Keji74:

Yes to your first question and for ur second question, you pay 75 for the first school and 15 for subsequent ones.....
Just reading through the FAQS of Uniassist would have answered all your questions though.
Tnx a lot keji74

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (500)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.