Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,625 members, 7,813,054 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:49 AM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (909937 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (500) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by mikky4all(m): 11:26pm On May 08, 2016
honourableseyi:

Ofcourse, not without charges deduction . Shalom
Thanks boss
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 12:39am On May 09, 2016
Good evening good ppl,
I have not been able to sleep well for a week running.
My younger brother graduated with 3rd class though not his fault. He got admission in mech eng but was told to leave school after their first year because the schol overadmitted students into the course and were having issues with Nuc. All the styudents with pass in english were told to drop. It took the intervention of some rep members before they were told to chose other courses in depts with less students. He joined the new dept in year 2 and was told to write all yrar 1 and year 2 courses. He wrote 30 courses in second year and it also affected him. 3rd year and 4th year courses were all good. After final year, he also had 5 missing scripts, 4 were later found, but he had to rewrite one . it ended in 3rd class. This came as a surprise to me as i dont know him to be unintelligent.
He broke my heart when he told me he is just a graduate but might not be able to work as a graduate.my eyes are still filled with tears.

After that, His friend DT promised to help out with Dubai resident visa also duped him and sent fake docs.
He is completely devasted and needs help.

After discussing with him in depth, I want him to clean up his academic record . I believe he can do better and I am willing to assist. After considering cost of foreign education, I settled for German education. Opening a blocked account won't be a problem as the 3 elder sis are working and can pull funds for that. Below are questions that are bugging my head for answers;

1. Do you advise applying for college or PGD? Do they do PGD in Germany?
2.if college, should he submit his first degree or just omit it as supporting doc?
3. If PGD? Which schools do u think will accept 3rd class?
4. his course of choice is still mech eng . do you think its possible.
Note his waec English is pass
So sorry for this long epistle, but I just poured out my heart to know if I can sleep.
I've started reading the 3 German visa threads but a quick answer will help.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ProfSamurai(m): 3:53am On May 09, 2016
mercylicious:

Do you advise applying for college or PGD? Do they do PGD in Germany?

A fresh BSc should do.
Start applying now.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chinok97: 6:20am On May 09, 2016
I don't really know much up to my bosses here tho, but i belive a fresh bsc is d only better thing to do here, (my opinion) and he should get out his transcripts already if he wana start applying for this year, i believe the application for most of the Universities have started and is moving at God speed, he either needs the transcripts or at least 100lv Transcripts to resume 100lv there, or he passes through studienkolleg. And if mech eng is still possible, i don't know, i believe sm1 will shed better light.
mercylicious:
Good evening good ppl,
My younger brother graduated with 3rd class though not his fault. He got admission in mech eng but was told to leave school after their first year because the schol overadmitted students into the course and were having issues with Nuc. All the styudents with pass in english were told to drop. It took the intervention of some rep members before they were told to chose other courses in depts with less students. He joined the new dept in year 2 and was told to write all yrar 1 and year 2 courses. He wrote 30 courses in second year and it also affected him. 3rd year and 4th year courses were all good. After final year, he also had 5 missing scripts, 4 were later found, but he had to rewrite one . it ended in 3rd class. This came as a surprise to me as i dont know him to be unintelligent.
He broke my heart when he told me he is just a graduate but might not be able to work as a graduate.my eyes are still filled with tears.

After that, His friend DT promised to help out with Dubai resident visa also duped him and sent fake docs.

After discussing with him in depth, I want him to clean up his academic record . I believe he can do better and I am willing to assist. After considering cost of foreign education, I settled for German education. Opening a blocked account won't be a problem as the 3 elder sis are working and can pull funds for that. Below are questions that are bugging my head for answers;

2.if college, should he submit his first degree or just omit it as supporting doc?
So sorry for this long epistle, but I just poured out my heart to know if I can sleep.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Godson201333(m): 7:13am On May 09, 2016
Just some piece of Advice..

For those who thinks German language is not necessary,You are on your own.The Language is your first challenge here and without the language,Your chances might be limited...

For Ielts,You can also try to do your Ielts in Germany,so that your chances can be increased.Yes Nigeria is an English speaking country but German schools believe Nigerians are not competent to Speak and understand Academic English.

I hope you guys are also aware that blocked account has increased to 720 euro per month.Reason :The government financial support for its citizen studying has also increased (Bafög).

Studienkolleg:it's good and necessary,I'm still among those guys who go against Nigeria education.what you learn at studienkolleg is sometimes higher than that bachelor in Nigeria.Remember a solid foundation is better than the weak one.The Admission to this studienkolleg is also very very hard.Schools admit only best students,these students are being selected through the entrance exam.

You have enough jobs but you should also be aware that in Germany you don't do cramming rather you need to read and understand,which means your study need your attention than money...At least daily studying is being required.

Can I source out my blocked account myself in Germany ?? Actually no and this gives a lot of people serious challenge and stress.In a country where you have so many pending bills and unexpected debts..Raising apprx 9000 euros in a year is really a hard task.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by mikky4all(m): 7:36am On May 09, 2016
Godson201333:

For those who thinks German language is not necessary,You are on your own.The Language is your first challenge here and without the language,Your chances might be limited...

For Ielts,You can also try to do your Ielts in Germany,so that your chances can be increased.Yes Nigeria is an English speaking country but German schools believe Nigerians are not competent to Speak and understand Academic English.

I hope you guys are also aware that blocked account has increased to 720 euro per month.Reason :The government financial support for its citizen studying has also increased (Bafög).

Studienkolleg:it's good and necessary,I'm still among those guys who go against Nigeria education.what you learn at studienkolleg is sometimes higher than that bachelor in Nigeria.Remember a solid foundation is better than the weak one.The Admission to this studienkolleg is also very very hard.Schools admit only best students,these students are being selected through the entrance exam.

You have enough jobs but you should also be aware that in Germany you don't do cramming rather you need to read and understand,which means your study need your attention than money...At least daily studying is being required.

Can I source out my blocked account myself in Germany ?? Actually no and this gives a lot of people serious challenge and stress.In a country where you have so many pending bills and unexpected debts..Raising apprx 9000 euros in a year is really a hard task.
please explain @ bolded.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ProfSamurai(m): 7:37am On May 09, 2016
Godson201333:

Baba please can you share your wealth of experience for hopefuls like me?

Where u school(ed)
And general knowledge.
If you have done this before please refer me to the page
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 7:59am On May 09, 2016
Godson201333:

Welcome back Godson, its nice having u here again.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 8:10am On May 09, 2016
mercylicious:
Good evening good ppl,

1. Germany does not accept or offer PGD
3. Many schools can accept his 3rd class. I have read students from here currently studying in Germany, but your brother has to do a lot of home work before he can secure an admission.

Dont spoon feed your brother. ask him to start reading this thread from part one. He will find a lot of answers.
Goodluck to him
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by honourableseyi: 8:42am On May 09, 2016
mercylicious:
Good evening good ppl,

Another Bsc is his best bet. However, let him register and write IELTS or TOEFL , that will take care of the pass in English and will also increase his chances and opportunity of applying to as many schools as possible. Shalom
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by UncleJudax(m): 8:59am On May 09, 2016
mercylicious:
Good evening good ppl,

If He still wants mech. engine, why are you even talking about PGD (which doesn't exist in Germany anyway)? After PGD then what? M.Sc. Mech. engine?

What's his B.Sc. major? Hopefully it is something that can serve as a foundation, so he doesn't have to do StudienKolleg.

1. Let him get hold of the transcript.
2. He should take TOEFL or IELTS...especially given his English deficiency in WAEC.
3. If he wants this winter, let him start asap, although summer appears more realistic to
me.
4. He may also need to enrol in a German class...essential
5. Finally, if you really want to help, beside cash and sisterly advise, you have to show him this thread, and let him do the reading himself.

The German 'dream' is not for the fainthearted.

3 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bolajesu: 9:01am On May 09, 2016
gdmorng house...im applying to university of jena for msc in biochemistry,microbiology and molecular medicine...i v done d online application...pls...am i to send only the printed application document or all my academic documents again?winter term team loading...pls i need urgent response...especially from my pals that v sent dia application to university of jena...plssss i need urgent response...God bless...Danke schon
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bosakelvin(m): 9:09am On May 09, 2016
@judax, u r always on point, i will send you a pm now, i got some things to trash out with you thoroughly.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Tesland: 9:11am On May 09, 2016
bolajesu:
gdmorng house...im applying to university of jena for msc in biochemistry,microbiology and molecular medicine...i v done d online application...pls...am i to send only the printed application document or all my academic documents again?winter term team loading...pls i need urgent response...especially from my pals that v sent dia application to university of jena...plssss i need urgent response...God bless...Danke schon
u shld send ONLY d signed application form to them
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bolajesu: 9:14am On May 09, 2016
@tesland...double tuale......God blesss.....team winter and you also applied to university of jena?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Tesland: 9:16am On May 09, 2016
bolajesu:
@tesland...double tuale......God blesss.....team winter and you also applied to university of jena?
yap, applied since...for one of dose courses u mentioned
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bolajesu: 9:18am On May 09, 2016
@tesland...did you use nipost?and how long did it take bro?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Tesland: 9:21am On May 09, 2016
bolajesu:
@tesland...did you use nipost?and how long did it take bro?
Nein, i gave sum1 travelling to germany, so he helped to post it overdere
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Dankeschon: 9:22am On May 09, 2016
funkys:
Thanks for sharing bro. Please I applied for LMU epidemiology, I need to know more about the program, how many students per session, how competitive it is to gain admission and possibly details about the entrance exam. Kindly help a brother. Thanks

Good-day everone
pls I need an urgent assistance
I'm a graduate of Engineering (Elektronik/Comm) B.Eng second class lower, I graduated in 2005 and I want to further my studies in Germany. I have applied for the past 3years now but have been turned down. I'm not sure if it's my grades or the German language.
However this year I have decided to apply for BSc in either Information Systems or Engineering.
I have some years of work experience in the Banking sector, I have also completed private classes in A2 to B2 German language classes, but I don't know if I should apply with only ssce (cos its since 97) or if I should still apply with my BEng
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chinok97: 9:23am On May 09, 2016
When they say 670 or 720€ per month, is it a compulsory stuff to withdraw the money every month frm the blocked account? What if you have little money in your pocket that can still last months, can you put the blocked account withdrawal on hold?, anytime you like
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Tesland: 9:30am On May 09, 2016
Dankeschon:

Good-day everone
I'm a graduate of Engineering (Elektronik/Comm) B.Eng second class lower, I graduated in 2005 and I want to further my studies in Germany. I have applied for the past 3years now but have been turned down. I'm not sure if it's my grades or the German language.
However this year I have decided to apply for BSc in either Information Systems or Engineering.
I have some years of work experience in the Banking sector, I have also completed private classes in A2 to B2 German language classes, but I don't know if I should apply with only ssce (cos its since 97) or if I should still apply with my BEng
u hav learnt up to b2 privately, did u do Goethe exams afterwards?...frm ur post u wanna study bsc in german which requires at least B1, in some cases B2....so u're good to go if u hav d language certificate....adding ur already acquired bsc will defo increase ur chances
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by honourableseyi: 9:46am On May 09, 2016
Dankeschon:

Good-day everone

What exactly is your grade? Forget about this second class upper or lower of a thing; second class lower has both high and low range. There might be some things you are not doing alright also. Read through the thread and ask questions where you are stuck . Finally, you can apply for Msc and at the same time Bsc to serve as your plan B. Shalom
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 9:46am On May 09, 2016
Godson201333:

Thanks to all for the advise.
now that the blocked account is 720 euro per month, how much should be in a blocked account for a 3 and 1/2 year course?
how much should be in the account for a two year course?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Dankeschon: 9:47am On May 09, 2016
Tesland:
u hav learnt up to b2 privately, did u do Goethe exams afterwards?...frm ur post u wanna study bsc in german which requires at least B1, in some cases B2....so u're good to go if u hav d language certificate....adding ur already acquired bsc will defo increase ur chances

Unfotunately, I have not written my B2 exams, but would do so in July, I however wrote the last B1, making just 2 out of 4.
I want to apply possibly for an English taught course, (I had written IELTS in 2013 getting a 7.0) but I still want to know if my ssce is sufficient for BSc application or if I must include my BEng. Also is there any possibility of getting an admission for an MSc?

Thanks a lot for every assistance
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bosakelvin(m): 9:49am On May 09, 2016
Just want to be clear, is blocked account now 8640euros @ 720euros/ month, abeg guys make una answer, abeg oga Godson come out and explain these things bettter cos dis info wan make me kolo here.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Dankeschon: 9:51am On May 09, 2016
honourableseyi:

What exactly is your grade? Forget about this second class upper or lower of a thing; second class lower has both high and low range. There might be some things you are not doing alright also. Read through the thread and ask questions where you are stuck . Finally, you can apply for Msc and at the same time Bsc to serve as your plan B. Shalom

My grade is 2.9
I think you're right by saying there might be some things I'm not doing right, but that's exactly what I'll like to know; for I must of needs get it right this time by God's Grace.

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by honourableseyi: 10:11am On May 09, 2016
Dankeschon:

My grade is 2.9
I think you're right by saying there might be some things I'm not doing right, but that's exactly what I'll like to know; for I must of needs get it right this time by God's Grace.

Your German grade is 2.5. Which means, it is very possible to go for Msc with that grade cause that is minimum requirements for some schools while some will take a little lesser as their minimum. Package your doc very well and apply to as many schools as possible. Apply to Bsc also as your back up plan. As for your IELTS stuff, the validity is 2 years hence it may not be valid for this application. But you can use to submit your application in order to avoid delay, while you register for another ASAP. Though some schools can wave it, while others will ask you to submit it at enrolment, some will also ask you for a letter of proficiency from your school and others will mandate it that , it must be submitted with your application. In this scenario, confirm by mailing your prospective schools first while you are working on another steps and requirements provided you want to make it this semester. Shalom
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bosakelvin(m): 10:12am On May 09, 2016
lobito007:

This was helpful. Thanks
bro i believe u r on d verge of completing ur db account opening form, please on the form how much was stated has amount to be blocked, is it 8090 euros or it has increased.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dolpaz: 11:06am On May 09, 2016
bosakelvin:
bro i believe u r on d verge of completing ur db account opening form, please on the form how much was stated has amount to be blocked, is it 8090 euros or it has increased.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dolpaz: 11:08am On May 09, 2016
Dankeschon:

Unfotunately, I have not written my B2 exams, but would do so in July, I however wrote the last B1, making just 2 out of 4.
I want to apply possibly for an English taught course, (I had written IELTS in 2013 getting a 7.0) but I still want to know if my ssce is sufficient for BSc application or if I must include my BEng. Also is there any possibility of getting an admission for an MSc?

Then what are you waiting for?

Converting your CGPA to German grade translates to 2.5 on the DOT.

Since you studied Engineering (Elektronik/Comm) which is very interesting, I believe you are not setting the records straight.

Your letter of Motivation plays an important role here. I know of some schools offering information and communication engnr (Msc) and would even accept 2.8 German cgpa.

My advice to you:

1) Write a good motivation letter.. This will give them a good idea about you

2) Prepare a Detailed Tabular CV

3)Your IELTS is almost outdated (2013). IELTS result appears invalid after 2 years(might have been re-visited though) You may consider applying for one asap

4) Submit your transcript with grades

5) Add your professional certification (if any) and language proficiency certificate.. They would not need your B2 result since you're likely going for an English taught Msc

6) Since you work with a bank, I want to believe you were fully active in the IT/Networking Department. Hence, Try and pulled a good letter of recommendation from your boss and probably a Dr. from your school dept

Above all, Be prayerful and hopeful.

God will do it

Gemeinsam Sind Wir Starke !
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by beejaybrave(m): 11:10am On May 09, 2016
Hello
Please is it possible to submit visa appeal to the lagos Consulate via email and if possible what email address do they accept it through?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dolpaz: 11:12am On May 09, 2016
beejaybrave:
Hello
Please is it possible to submit visa appeal to the lagos Consulate via email and if possible what email address do they accept it through?

Yes, Its possible to appeal. Which email sent you a (rejection)

You'll probably have to reply with that email

Bitte !

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (500)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.