Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,379 members, 7,815,805 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:41 PM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (241) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (910646 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) ... (500) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Seancypher: 11:03pm On Sep 28, 2016
centmoses:
Good evening all, plz Am in need of accommodation in Berlin. plz if you have or know someone over there who can help. I will appreciate it.
are you in berlin centmoses and which school
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dennisMOD(m): 11:16pm On Sep 28, 2016
chinok97:
Lol,welcome to the club of ecobank..I advise you make sure you have at least 70-80k remaining in the account..and your money is still with them until they debit the swift fee..ask for a telex copy too via email. Dey will forward it to standard chartered frankfurt which will then send it to dB for you..after you have been debited for offshore charges wt AL..you get dB confirmation 3days after(all things being well).

I was debited around 50-60k for bank charges albeit I used current..so maybe that's why..but add more asap..
Thanks my brother. I don top up 100k for them to charge whatever they want to charge. In the end, I just hope and pray it's all worth it. How's Hamburg?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dennisMOD(m): 11:18pm On Sep 28, 2016
babanila:
Good evening,
It's been long that I have posted or say anything here due to some circumstances beyond my control but glory be to God that am back.
For those that doesn't know me, don't worry after today you will do because am a special being with God by my side.
Let me start by sharing this great testimony of what God almighty has done.
Can someone praise God almighty and shout loud Hallelujah to the the King of kings, Lord of lords and Creator of all things.
Visa received almost 9 solid months of processing.

The details are :-
Interviewed 26th January 2016,
DB account opening 15th February 2016,
DB credit notification 15th March 2016,
A.M email received 2nd September 2016,
Passport dropped 19th September 2016,
Passport received on 28th September 2016.

There is nothing to big or impossible for God almighty to do. He can do all things whether be it admission, DB account opening, DB funding, A.M email, Visa etc.

May God intervene in all our situations in Jesus name(AMEN).
I will like to say a big thank to every member of this great forum(including Ghost members).
Thank you Lord Jehovah.

# God is never too late
# have faith in God cos He can do all things
My2Dirhams.
Wow! Congrats Babanila. I don miss your posts. Na AK u dey na? Make we hook up before u move. I will be coming around next week.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Chiznonso: 5:33am On Sep 29, 2016
Hey Guys, I am a Beneficiary of 2016/2017 PTDF overseas scholarship, Can I scan and send my Award Letter from PTDF for My German School to German Embassy as Proof of Funding
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by babanila(m): 6:31am On Sep 29, 2016
dennisMOD:

Wow! Congrats Babanila. I don miss your posts. Na AK u dey na? Make we hook up before u move. I will be coming around next week.

Thanks Bro, I just buzz in just to collect the my package and tidy some things but am in Lagos.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by babanila(m): 6:38am On Sep 29, 2016
Chiznonso:
Hey Guys, I am a Beneficiary of 2016/2017 PTDF overseas scholarship, Can I scan and send my Award Letter from PTDF for My German School to German Embassy as Proof of Funding

Yes and you can also find out anything that you don't understand about the german student visa by contacting the embassy through info@lago.diplo.de
Feel free to email them embassy but always be polite.
#My2Dirhams

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by platoworks(m): 8:08am On Sep 29, 2016
Good morning all, please i want to know if i can gain an admission in Germany with WAEC GCE result.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dennisMOD(m): 8:54am On Sep 29, 2016
babanila:

Thanks Bro, I just buzz in just to collect the my package and tidy some things but am in Lagos.
OK. I go PM you now so we go fit relate wella on whatsapp. I had my interview right about same period with yours. Just send your whatsapp number when you get my PM. Danke.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by iyke24all(m): 9:02am On Sep 29, 2016
hello house, please has anybody funded his or her blocked account from another source other than the source (statement of account ) he or she used in opening blocked account and got notification of payment from deutsche-bank. please treat as urgent. Danke
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by jbonito(m): 9:03am On Sep 29, 2016
Good Morning house... Hope we all had a wonderful night!!
I will just love to have real insight into life as a student in a particular city in Germany. Trier!! Reason is, i plan to study in this city starting summer of 2017!.( MSc ) I have tried to search through this thread, but nothing really stands out about it. Is there anyone studying over there at the moment? Or probably know a thing or two about the city? Please just enlighten me.. Majorly the things i would like to know about is ...... Length of PR upon arrival ( 1 year or 2 years ), possibilities of getting student jobs, and any other thing you are able to share with me. I will really appreciate any input.

Thank you in anticipation!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lobito007(m): 9:15am On Sep 29, 2016
dennisMOD:

Thanks my brother. I don top up 100k for them to charge whatever they want to charge. In the end, I just hope and pray it's all worth it. How's Hamburg?
Their rate is so killing. Commission is 2%. Highest other banks do is 1%. I have applied there too. We just have no other option right now.

PS: Why did you not make it 8090 eur to make up for the 50 eur commission for db?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dennisMOD(m): 9:28am On Sep 29, 2016
lobito007:

Their rate is so killing. Commission is 2%. Highest other banks do is 1%. I have applied there too. We just have no other option right now.

PS: Why did you not make it 8090 eur to make up for the 50 eur commission for db?
Damn! That means they will take another 70k or more. God dey sha.
The man told me he doesn't wanna see any other amount apart from what is stated on the DB details. I tried to explain and show him where it's stated on the DB details that 50 eur will go for DB account processing but he wouldn't listen so I just filled another FORM-A and wrote 8040 Euro. I get 100 eur for my dom account so I go transfer 50 eur from it if possible.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lobito007(m): 9:40am On Sep 29, 2016
dennisMOD:

Damn! That means they will take another 70k or more. God dey sha.
The man told me he doesn't wanna see any other amount apart from what is stated on the DB details. I tried to explain and show him where it's stated on the DB details that 50 eur will go for DB account processing but he wouldn't listen so I just filled another FORM-A and wrote 8040 Euro. I get 100 eur for my dom account so I go transfer 50 eur from it if possible.
I used the same old form. However, with the invoice from my school stating the annual living expense as the latest 8640, I was able to apply for above 8040 and the lady who attended to me said they will deal. Hoping they do.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by centmoses: 10:03am On Sep 29, 2016
Seancypher:

are you in berlin centmoses and which school
No am not there now but soon. Fu Berlin
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by centmoses: 10:04am On Sep 29, 2016
[quote author=Seancypher post=49757515]
are you in berlin centmoses and which school[/quote
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by misspriceless(f): 10:52am On Sep 29, 2016
Good morning,please who can help with getting an apartment in berlin
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by btokoni(m): 11:15am On Sep 29, 2016
[quote author=centmoses post=49766883][/quote]
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by praiseovie(m): 11:18am On Sep 29, 2016
lobito007:

I used the same old form. However, with the invoice from my school stating the annual living expense as the latest 8640, I was able to apply for above 8040 and the lady who attended to me said they will deal. Hoping they do.

how far bro, abeg which school are you going, and can you please forward to email the invoice from the school stating the annual living expense as the latest 8640. I'm still yet to hear from my school and time is flying, thanks.
ejoviemutachere@yahoo.com
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by TrollTrap: 11:28am On Sep 29, 2016
Hehe how far my people...
Ok basically I need help with going to Kleve. My flight lands in Düsseldorf Weeze airport and I need directions from the airport to Kleve. Please anyone?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lobito007(m): 12:47pm On Sep 29, 2016
praiseovie:

how far bro, abeg which school are you going, and can you please forward to email the invoice from the school stating the annual living expense as the latest 8640. I'm still yet to hear from my school and time is flying, thanks.
ejoviemutachere@yahoo.com
It's TUM. It has the school logo on it. May not be useful if your school is different.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 12:49pm On Sep 29, 2016
iyke24all:

hello kamsar , u can ask your questions. what do u need to knw.

Thank you "iyke24all".

Well , these are what I need to know:

1. Certificate authentication: Apparently, before my degree certificate and WASSC can be forwarded to my school of choice via uni-assist, they have to be authenticated. I have made some enquiries and I have received different answers; it's either a high court, the Ministry of Education or the issuing bodies (in my case, my alma mater and WAEC). So, which of these options should I go for? Which is accepted by uni-assist?

2. Admission requirements: I want to apply to Otto-von-Guericke University, Magdeburg for a Master's degree programme (Engineering). A minimum of 2,3 GPA on the German scale alongside a minimum of 80 on the TOEFL iBT are required. My undergraduate CGPA is 3.19/5.00 and I made a total score of 107 on the TOEFL iBT. Do I have a chance of being admitted into this school? If no, what other German univerisities can I apply to with these grades?

3. Application fees: What is the exact cost of applying via uni-assist? On "http://www.uni-assist.de/regulation-fees.html", 75 euros is mentioned while on "http://languages.uni-assist.de/fees.html", 68 euros is mentioned.

4. Application form: How many application forms should accompany my application via uni-assist? Is the "Application Form for Admission to Studies for Foreign Applicants" one of them?

I really hope I get answers to these.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by centmoses: 12:49pm On Sep 29, 2016
Good afternoon all plz can one change d travelling date from d one use in health insurance.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chrisley024(m): 1:19pm On Sep 29, 2016
centmoses:
Good afternoon all plz can one change d travelling date from d one use in health insurance.
I think but the insurance should be earlier or better still make both same date and day of flight any day after.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by iyke24all(m): 1:35pm On Sep 29, 2016
KamsarJoseph:

Thank you "iyke24all".

Well , these are what I need to know:

1. Certificate authentication: Apparently, before my degree certificate and WASSC can be forwarded to my school of choice via uni-assist, they have to be authenticated. I have made some enquiries and I have received different answers; it's either a high court, the Ministry of Education or the issuing bodies (in my case, my alma mater and WAEC). So, which of these options should I go for? Which is accepted by uni-assist?

2. Admission requirements: I want to apply to Otto-von-Guericke University, Magdeburg for a Master's degree programme (Engineering). A minimum of 2,3 GPA on the German scale alongside a minimum of 80 on the TOEFL iBT are required. My undergraduate CGPA is 3.19/5.00 and I made a total score of 107 on the TOEFL iBT. Do I have a chance of being admitted into this school? If no, what other German univerisities can I apply to with these grades?

3. Application fees: What is the exact cost of applying via uni-assist? On "http://www.uni-assist.de/regulation-fees.html", 75 euros is mentioned while on "http://languages.uni-assist.de/fees.html", 68 euros is mentioned.

4. Application form: How many application forms should accompany my application via uni-assist? Is the "Application Form for Admission to Studies for Foreign Applicants" one of them?

I really hope I get answers to these.

No worries Bro, we are here to help

1.`When i wanted to apply, i was also told about High Court and federal ministry, but the one i did was that of a Notary Public.( Though it is more expensive compared to the other ones, but maybe if you know someone who knows a Notary Public that would Notarize at a fairer price that would be fine.

2. Well, for your Toefl score, you are on point, also when Uni- assist converts your Nigerian Cgpa you would have a German Cgpa of 2.3575.
There was post i read on this Thread, i think in the first thread that in Germany any figure after the first decimal is inconsequencial ( ie that means, 2.3009, 2.3999 can be taken as 2.3). However, if Uni-Assist after reviewing your documents, and tell your that you dont meet the requirements, you can always mail the school for Consideration.
Bottomline, You have a chance, because OVGU offers non restricted admission, however you can still try other options by using www.daad.de
meanwhile what Engineering are you looking at.

3. For Uni-Assist, you can apply to as many school as you want. for the first school, you would be charged 75 Euros, then on subsequent ones an additional 15 Euros. ( ie for 1 application=75Euros 2 applications = 90Euros, 3 applications 105Euros and so on.)

4. It depends on the School, some schools requires you to fill their application which can be downloaded for the school website and also fill an Online Application on Uni assist portal. you need to find out from the school by mailing probably your dept or student admission section.

Hpoe you find this helpful. Cheers

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by OpeLovely(f): 1:55pm On Sep 29, 2016
jbonito:
Good Morning house... Hope we all had a wonderful night!!
I will just love to have real insight into life as a student in a particular city in Germany. Trier!! Reason is, i plan to study in this city starting summer of 2017!.( MSc ) I have tried to search through this thread, but nothing really stands out about it. Is there anyone studying over there at the moment? Or probably know a thing or two about the city? Please just enlighten me.. Majorly the things i would like to know about is ...... Length of PR upon arrival ( 1 year or 2 years ), possibilities of getting student jobs, and any other thing you are able to share with me. I will really appreciate any input.

Thank you in anticipation!

Good day,

I am also researching about Germany and frankly, i am disappointed we do not have a major thread on this country. Tuition is free but you are in charge of your living expenses. You will be given PR after 5 years if you can sustain yourself there with a job, learn the basics of the language, integrate with German culture and have a pension plan. At least that's what i read. PR are given to some earlier if you are in a teaching or medical profession or you are married to a German citizen.

Hope this helps. Still continuing my investigations though.

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 2:40pm On Sep 29, 2016
iyke24all:

No worries Bro, we are here to help

1.`When i wanted to apply, i was also told about High Court and federal ministry, but the one i did was that of a Notary Public.( Though it is more expensive compared to the other ones, but maybe if you know someone who knows a Notary Public that would Notarize at a fairer price that would be fine.

2. Well, for your Toefl score, you are on point, also when Uni- assist converts your Nigerian Cgpa you would have a German Cgpa of 2.3575.
There was post i read on this Thread, i think in the first thread that in Germany any figure after the first decimal is inconsequencial ( ie that means, 2.3009, 2.3999 can be taken as 2.3). However, if Uni-Assist after reviewing your documents, and tell your that you dont meet the requirements, you can always mail the school for Consideration.
Bottomline, You have a chance, because OVGU offers non restricted admission, however you can still try other options by using www.daad.de
meanwhile what Engineering are you looking at.

3. For Uni-Assist, you can apply to as many school as you want. for the first school, you would be charged 75 Euros, then on subsequent ones an additional 15 Euros. ( ie for 1 application=75Euros 2 applications = 90Euros, 3 applications 105Euros and so on.)

4. It depends on the School, some schools requires you to fill their application which can be downloaded for the school website and also fill an Online Application on Uni assist portal. you need to find out from the school by mailing probably your dept or student admission section.

Hpoe you find this helpful. Cheers

Bro, you just lightened my burden. God bless.

I'm looking at either Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering or Energy Engineering (basically anything that has to do with renewable energy).

PS: Your reply was helpful.

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dprinz99(m): 3:11pm On Sep 29, 2016
mostyg:
AM mail finally dropped.

Interview 02.09.2015

1st blocked account application sent July 2015--not successful ( through embassy)
2nd blocked account application sent August 2015--not successful
3rd blocked account application sent September 2015--not successful
4th blocked account application sent October 2015--not successful (through embassy_
5th blocked account application sent November 2015- successful (through embassy free of charge)

DB account details -December, 2015.
DB account name correction January 2016

1st Reminder to fund February 2016
2nd Reminder to fund May 2016

DB funding August 22, 2016
DB funding confirmation August 24, 2016

AM mail received on September 26, 2016.

Its been a very long journey......
To God be the glory

all thanks to God
I tao into your testimony
I'll be the next

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Armaniii: 3:11pm On Sep 29, 2016
God is still doing good. Congrats man. We all in Deutschland await you. Come and dominate grin grin

babanila:
Good evening,
It's been long that I have posted or say anything here due to some circumstances beyond my control but glory be to God that am back.
For those that doesn't know me, don't worry after today you will do because am a special being with God by my side.
Let me start by sharing this great testimony of what God almighty has done.
Can someone praise God almighty and shout loud Hallelujah to the the King of kings, Lord of lords and Creator of all things.
Visa received almost 9 solid months of processing.

The details are :-
Interviewed 26th January 2016,
DB account opening 15th February 2016,
DB credit notification 15th March 2016,
A.M email received 2nd September 2016,
Passport dropped 19th September 2016,
Passport received on 28th September 2016.

There is nothing to big or impossible for God almighty to do. He can do all things whether be it admission, DB account opening, DB funding, A.M email, Visa etc.

May God intervene in all our situations in Jesus name(AMEN).
I will like to say a big thank to every member of this great forum(including Ghost members).
Thank you Lord Jehovah.

# God is never too late
# have faith in God cos He can do all things
My2Dirhams.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dprinz99(m): 3:13pm On Sep 29, 2016
mostyg:
AM mail finally dropped.

Interview 02.09.2015

1st blocked account application sent July 2015--not successful ( through embassy)
2nd blocked account application sent August 2015--not successful
3rd blocked account application sent September 2015--not successful
4th blocked account application sent October 2015--not successful (through embassy_
5th blocked account application sent November 2015- successful (through embassy free of charge)

DB account details -December, 2015.
DB account name correction January 2016

1st Reminder to fund February 2016
2nd Reminder to fund May 2016

DB funding August 22, 2016
DB funding confirmation August 24, 2016

AM mail received on September 26, 2016.

Its been a very long journey......
To God be the glory

sure you used the old form
did you fund with 8100€ or 8800?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by jbonito(m): 3:18pm On Sep 29, 2016
OpeLovely:

Good day,

I am also researching about Germany and frankly, i am disappointed we do not have a major thread on this country. Tuition is free but you are in charge of your living expenses. You will be given PR after 5 years if you can sustain yourself there with a job, learn the basics of the language, integrate with German culture and have a pension plan. At least that's what i read. PR are given to some earlier if you are in a teaching or medical profession or you are married to a German citizen.

Hope this helps. Still continuing my investigations though.

Good day to you as well,

Than you for the input as well.. Its really difficult to get city to city analysis though and that is frankly what most people need even if they don't know it yet. Learnt some cities give you only 1 year PR when you arrive and you have to get the 8k+ euros for the second year again.. That's deep but not impossible.. Also some cities have more job prospects than others.. bla bla bla... One thing i will also like to point out is, can anyone really explain if you need to show financial evidence of a certain amount to be given the 18 months post study permit in DE? abeg more experienced guys should help na...

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by okezie007(m): 3:41pm On Sep 29, 2016
KamsarJoseph:

Bro, you just lightened my burden. God bless.

I'm looking at either Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering or Energy Engineering (basically anything that has to do with renewable energy).

PS: Your reply was helpful.
Hey! Just curious to know why your particular about Renewable Energy.. Have you got work experience related with it?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by centmoses: 4:21pm On Sep 29, 2016
chrisley024:
I think but the insurance should be earlier or better still make both same date and day of flight any day after.
Thanks but what if my insurance date us earlier dan d flight date

(1) (2) (3) ... (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) ... (500)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.